Jump to topic:

Reality vs. Delusion

Sophisto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 12:45:41 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
You know nothing until you have experienced both. So don't come on this site all high and mighty with your unproven sanity that you are psychologically superior. Rising above weakness and compensating for vulnerability is a better show of strength than your pitiful flexing.

Reality: Obama is still president. ISIS is still standing.
Delusion: Romney would have been better. He would have sent ISIS into telestial hell.

My reality: Christians are undertrained, overpaid, subpar morons.
My delusion: I am their reckoning. They need me, but won't want me.
Elderman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 12:53:20 AM
At 1/26/2016 12:45:41 AM, Sophisto wrote:
You know nothing until you have experienced both. So don't come on this site all high and mighty with your unproven sanity that you are psychologically superior. Rising above weakness and compensating for vulnerability is a better show of strength than your pitiful flexing.

Reality: Obama is still president. ISIS is still standing.
Delusion: Romney would have been better. He would have sent ISIS into telestial hell.

My reality: Christians are undertrained, overpaid, subpar morons.
My delusion: I am their reckoning. They need me, but won't want me. : :

Most people don't know the difference between what's real or what's a delusion. They believe what they perceive with their senses is real instead of being merely delusions ( illusions that deceive the observer ).
Sophisto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 12:54:55 AM
My point being, I know when I'm delusional. I can compartmentalize. I'm...(lisp) SPECIAL.
Sophisto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 12:59:13 AM
I know what words to avoid around atheists and when to spite them.
I know what arguments to avoid (all of them) and to rely on originality.
I know how to poke and prod atheists into their predictable pitfalls.
I know...
Elderman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 1:01:46 AM
At 1/26/2016 12:54:55 AM, Sophisto wrote:
My point being, I know when I'm delusional. I can compartmentalize. I'm...(lisp) SPECIAL. : ;

Only because of learned experiences. Once you realize that everything is an illusion, you still won't be able to perceive life the way you think you ought to. That's because it's all planned out for you before you experience the future.

Can you imagine how boring life would be if we got to plan our own futures?
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 6:57:24 AM
At 1/26/2016 1:01:46 AM, Elderman wrote:
My point being, I know when I'm delusional. I can compartmentalize. I'm...(lisp) SPECIAL. : ;

Only because of learned experiences. Once you realize that everything is an illusion, you still won't be able to perceive life the way you think you ought to. That's because it's all planned out for you before you experience the future.

Can you imagine how boring life would be if we got to plan our own futures?

How would life be if you can plan your future? I think that is exactly what you've done; either consciously or unconsciously... depends on your mental capacity.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 7:17:40 AM
At 1/26/2016 12:59:13 AM, Sophisto wrote:
I know...

Reality is where your eyes are open... or not, i guess there are blind people; but i think you get it. Delusion is what you make up in the reality you are in; i guess that is a good thing if you are blind. Then again, delusion isn't illusion or imagination; it is a mental disorder... or is it. If one is deluded and happy; aren't they more sound than someone rich and depressed? Either way, all of this is defined by you. You say you like to probe atheist into a corner, get a rise out of them, get to the truth of their heart (intuition)... Well, that is a special skill one can have. I would predict you are good at poker or sales if true. Anyways, a true atheist says, "there isn't enough tangible/predictable/etc evidence to prove a god." Then, it comes down to the atheist you speak too... intellectual or idiot or troll? Well, lets go to the top "intellectual." If true, you won't get one that will tell you 100% there is no creator. However, in my case too, i can say, well... i'll be humble and say, i am "close" to a 100% all man made religion is not where the truth resides. Then, there is another curve ball... yes, i am an atheist, yet... i am also highly spiritual. To a point i feel i can make a viable spiritual platform to set as a hypothesis in favor of spirituality. I can say i have had many spiritual experiences that have brought me to where i am... yet, are they delusion? I can tell you a story, even if true, first thing you will think is that i am delusional (or not just play along). Again, it comes down to how you define me... So, who am i to say... any conjecture that you feel is correct, that you can see yourself in, that you find to be the euphoric answer... is wrong? When you have already defined it with the feels... i can't. However, i may have a certain capacity where i can see past your "conjecture." A level up. However, that still doesn't defeat the purpose that you will be in your level... i can only define the next level... not tell you how to live it. I will confidently say, i can see a level above most theists (that i've met). Does that matter? No. Bc you will continue to be you, while i continue to be me... can it matter? Maybe, if i decide to market myself... I can keep going with this "half rant." Bottom line, you, including me, don't know squat... and that is a truth.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 8:22:11 AM
At 1/26/2016 12:59:13 AM, Sophisto wrote:
I know...nothing

Fix'd that for ya.
Sophisto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 3:14:46 PM
You should have known better than to fall for such a predictable prompt. The temptation for you to be insufferable, snarky or whatever you choose to name your annoying qualities outweighs your self-control.

You just made me as wise as Socrates. Fool.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 3:18:54 PM
At 1/26/2016 3:14:46 PM, Sophisto wrote:
You should have known better than to fall for such a predictable prompt. The temptation for you to be insufferable, snarky or whatever you choose to name your annoying qualities outweighs your self-control.

Can anyone determine who the ventriloquists dummy is talking to?
Sophisto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 3:23:25 PM
You disingenuous egomaniac. Your vanity led you to respond unnecessarily. You asked the question and you are the answer. Your predictable attempt to put words into my typing fingers shows what kind of atheist you really are. The kind I can control. Who's the dummy now?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 3:30:29 PM
At 1/26/2016 3:18:54 PM, bulproof wrote:

Oh I think I got something from the trunk beside the ventriloquist.
Hello is that you sophie?
Knock three times for yes and thirty times for no.
Get the ventriloquist to count for you, 'cause I don't trust the counting of a woodenhead.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 3:48:40 PM
My point being, I know when I'm delusional. I can compartmentalize. I'm...(lisp) SPECIAL.

So what you are saying here is, you used to ride the little school bus to school right?
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 6:18:01 PM
Reality vs. Delusion...

"The giant birds of Native American mythology"

http://www.native-languages.org...

-Cigwe (more commonly spelled Chequa or Chequah) is the Potawatomi Thunderbird, a giant mythological bird common to the northern and western tribes.

www.native-languages.org/cigwe.htm

-Culloo was a giant bird of prey, said to eat humans and be large enough to carry off a child.

www.native-languages.org/culloo.htm

"Terror birds"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

"Titanis" giant bird

http://www.prehistoric-wildlife.com...

It was once believed that Titanis became extinct in North America around the time of the arrival of humans, but subsequent datings of Titanis fossils provided no evidence for their survival after 1.8 Ma. Still, reports from Uruguay of new findings dating to 450,000 and 17,000 years ago, would imply that some phorusrhacids survived there until very recently (i.e., until the late Pleistocene); but this claim is debated.

http://www.prehistoric-wildlife.com...

The Water Leaper, also known as Llamhigyn Y Dwr, is an evil creature from Welsh folklore that lived in swamps and ponds.

It is described as a giant frog with a bat's wings instead of forelegs, no hind legs, and a long, lizard-like tail with a stinger at the end. It jumps across the water using its wings, hence its name.

A flying frog (also called a gliding frog) is a frog that has the ability to achieve gliding flight. That is, it can descend at an angle of less than 45" relative to the horizontal. Other (non-flying) arboreal frogs can also descend vertically, but only at angles greater than 45", which is referred to as parachuting.

During an archaeological dig in Sayre, Bradford County, Pennsylvania"a number of human remains were dug up. The skeletons of these artifacts were all anatomically correct for human beings, but they had one odd feature, projections (horns)"protruding"from the skull above the eyebrow. The fact that they had horns and that they would have been seven feet tall in real life provides people with reason to doubt the "authenticity" of these remains. However, this was not the first time skulls like this were discovered. Similar skulls have been found in Wellsville, New York and El Paso, Texas. The remains were sent to the American Investigating Museum in"Philadelphia, were they were"conveniently"stolen never to be seen again.

Another mysterious case of skulls, are the notable Peruvian skulls excavated near Nazca. Similarly to the horned skulls, they were believed to have been very tall, up to nine feet! This odd"phenomenon was also found in Mexico, just as the horned skulls were found at other locations. The difference though, is that these skulls" cranial portion are elongated to an unbelievable extent.

anthropology.msu.edu/anp264-ss13/2013/04/25/mysterious-skulls-found-around-the-world

Human skulls with human horns

http://locklip.com...

http://godinanutshell.com...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Sophisto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 9:32:40 PM
At 1/26/2016 3:30:29 PM, bulproof wrote:

Get the ventriloquist to count for you, 'cause I don't trust the counting of a woodenhead.

-------------------------------------
Sophisto: What's scarier, that I am not trolling you or Poe's Law does not apply to me either? Speaking in cryptic language is my specialty. Don't play a game the opponent can commandeer.

And if you're still too dense to realize to whom I am deferring these insults, it's you, bulproof. Let the real game begin.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 9:39:39 PM
At 1/26/2016 9:32:40 PM, Sophisto wrote:
At 1/26/2016 3:30:29 PM, bulproof wrote:

-------------------------------------
Sophisto: What's scarier, that I am not trolling you or Poe's Law does not apply to me either? Speaking in cryptic language is my specialty. Don't play a game the opponent can commandeer.

And if you're still too dense to realize to whom I am deferring these insults, it's you, bulproof. Let the real game begin.
Honey I'd be glad of a game but you've already proven that you don't know the rules much less where the stadium is.
But you do amuse me in a playground sort of way, so have at it little one.
Should I tell you where we are playing or will you ask somebody for directions.
Sophisto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 9:42:44 PM
At 1/26/2016 3:48:40 PM, DPMartin wrote:

So what you are saying here is, you used to ride the little school bus to school right?

--------------------------------------------------
Sophisto: Did those type of students qualify for AP classes? Then no.
Your condescendingly misguided inference leads me to conclude that you didn't read my profile. Know your enemy. Then you can TRY to underestimate me.
Sophisto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 9:46:21 PM
Bulproof:
Honey I'd be glad of a game but you've already proven that you don't know the rules much less where the stadium is.

-------------------------
Already moved the stadium to where it belongs. The original OP has yet to be debunked. Changing the game isn't the same as being a game changer.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 9:51:16 PM
At 1/26/2016 9:46:21 PM, Sophisto wrote:
Bulproof:

-------------------------
Already moved the stadium to where it belongs. The original OP has yet to be debunked. Changing the game isn't the same as being a game changer.

Little fella, the Op isn't even in the game and you're at the wrong stadium.
Do you want some help? I hate to take advantage of the less fortunate, but I will if they refuse my hand of help.
Sophisto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 9:57:53 PM
You're pathetic. You don't seem to understand the humble significance of my implied ramifications. Too afraid to address what I said at the beginning? Get angry. You're just an atheist. You can't even afford to let your secret evil id to show itself or you ruin it for your compatriots. Intellectual grandstanding is all you do at your best, shallow in wisdom but superfluous in intelligence. Go get a Ph. D. in philosophy and then patronize me. Until then, go read the bible. I wish you intense boredom and frustration.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 10:46:02 PM
At 1/26/2016 9:57:53 PM, Sophisto wrote:
You're pathetic. You don't seem to understand the humble significance of my implied ramifications. Too afraid to address what I said at the beginning? Get angry. You're just an atheist. You can't even afford to let your secret evil id to show itself or you ruin it for your compatriots. Intellectual grandstanding is all you do at your best, shallow in wisdom but superfluous in intelligence. Go get a Ph. D. in philosophy and then patronize me. Until then, go read the bible. I wish you intense boredom and frustration.
Ooh all that anger, you should see someone about that. You don't see me carrying on like a pork chop, is it god who instigates your uncontrollable anger or is it his alter ego satan?
My secret evil id, simply wow. Wait I'll go look for it. I destroy you now, a PhD would be like nuking a kindergarten.
Anyway I'll let you run off and play, try not to get angry with the other little kids.
Sophisto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 10:55:49 PM
If I'm so angry, why is my grammar and syntax decent?
It's not like I'm chicken-pecking the keyboard while on cocaine.

You talk too big a game to have any substantive value as an intellectual threat. All this bark and no rabies. I'm disappointed. You are so beneath me, your arrogance only elevates you to be positioned right underneath my heel. Now debunk the OP or don't bother responding. Chicken.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 11:04:57 PM
At 1/26/2016 6:18:01 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
It is described as a giant frog with a bat's wings instead of forelegs, no hind legs, and a long, lizard-like tail with a stinger at the end. It jumps across the water using its wings, hence its name.

It JUMPS using no legs, what a magical beast, it should be in the bible.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 11:06:07 PM
At 1/26/2016 11:04:57 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 1/26/2016 6:18:01 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

It JUMPS using no legs, what a magical beast, it should be in the bible.

nope. these are characters the paleontologist evolutionists claim they have found.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...