Jump to topic:

Only two questions about OT

frbnsn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 9:07:25 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
1- Is there a phrase 'God created all things in 6 days and then He went to rest in 7. day.
2- Is there a phrase 'Eve was created from Adam's rib.
Eliyahu7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 12:10:55 PM
At 1/26/2016 9:07:25 AM, frbnsn wrote:
1- Is there a phrase 'God created all things in 6 days and then He went to rest in 7. day.

Bs"d

Yes.

Yes.
Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 3:53:27 PM

Read it for yourself, Genesis chapters 1-3
frbnsn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 8:30:30 AM
At 1/26/2016 3:53:27 PM, DPMartin wrote:

Read it for yourself, Genesis chapters 1-3

Right. I have read, thank you for your information.
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 3:45:45 PM

Not exactly that phrase, but the passage basically alludes to that yes.

Same as above.
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
frbnsn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 9:37:10 AM
At 1/27/2016 3:45:45 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:

Not exactly that phrase, but the passage basically alludes to that yes.

Same as above.

Thank you for your information.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 12:02:39 PM

No.

The preparation of the already created earth for life is divided up into 6 unknown period which Genesis calls "days".

We are not told how long each period last, or even if they are of the same length.

Scripture says that Jehovah took a rib from the man and created Eve.

Unfortunately it does not specify that he took the whole rib.

Nor does it tell us how much of the rib was used, almost certainly only one cell was needed, of which Jehovah modified the genetic structure to create Eve.

There are so many details we are not given, but one cannot help but wonder how big the BIble would need to be if we were told everything in it.

Also, calling it the "Old" Testament is a misnomer, as is calling the Christian Greek Scriptures the "New" Testament, since the whole of the Bible is current and all of equal importance, since, when studied together they form a harmonious whole if you interpret them correctly.
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 2:07:25 PM
At 1/28/2016 12:02:39 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

No.

Yes

The preparation of the already created earth for life is divided up into 6 unknown period which Genesis calls "days".

So?

We are not told how long each period last, or even if they are of the same length.

So? It's still referred to as "days". Besides, closely looking at the context of the word "days" quickly shows that its LITERAL.

No, it's "Yehweh", but whatever.

He took a bit of funny bone as well.

Nor does it tell us how much of the rib was used, almost certainly only one cell was needed, of which Jehovah modified the genetic structure to create Eve.

That makes no sense. We don't call one neuron a "brain". Likewise, we don't call one bone cell a rib.

There are so many details we are not given, but one cannot help but wonder how big the BIble would need to be if we were told everything in it.

That would be fantastic if it had at least a few more details than "And on the third day he poofed Adam into existence".

Also, calling it the "Old" Testament is a misnomer, as is calling the Christian Greek Scriptures the "New" Testament, since the whole of the Bible is current and all of equal importance, since, when studied together they form a harmonious whole if you interpret them correctly.

BS. Do you regularly stone homosexuals? Adulterous? Do you own slaves? Or wear clothes with multiple fabric? Bacon much?

Old Testament is not current at all yeh twat.

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 4:00:48 PM
At 1/28/2016 2:07:25 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:

No.

Yes

So?

So? It's still referred to as "days". Besides, closely looking at the context of the word "days" quickly shows that its LITERAL.

That makes no sense. We don't call one neuron a "brain". Likewise, we don't call one bone cell a rib.

That would be fantastic if it had at least a few more details than "And on the third day he poofed Adam into existence".

BS. Do you regularly stone homosexuals? Adulterous? Do you own slaves? Or wear clothes with multiple fabric? Bacon much?

Oh it is current, it is only the Mosaic Covenant which is not, but the Law is still useful to teach us Jehovah's principles.

But then you evidently know that or you would not need to resort to insult. Only losers do that.
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 4:57:13 PM
At 1/28/2016 4:00:48 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/28/2016 2:07:25 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:

No.

Yes

So?

Oh it is current, it is only the Mosaic Covenant which is not, but the Law is still useful to teach us Jehovah's principles.

No you bloody idiot, the Mosaic Covenant is IN the Old Testament. You said that the Old Testement is current, which includes EVERYTHING in the Old Testament (including the Mosaic Laws etc). If the Mosaic Covenant is no pt current, then you concede the the Old Testament is not current. Simple.

But then you evidently know that or you would not need to resort to insult. Only losers do that.

The irony of that sentence: "only losers resort to insults" XD.

Anyway, be the man your mother was and take an insult.

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 6:05:58 PM
At 1/28/2016 4:57:13 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:

No you bloody idiot, the Mosaic Covenant is IN the Old Testament. You said that the Old Testement is current, which includes EVERYTHING in the Old Testament (including the Mosaic Laws etc). If the Mosaic Covenant is no pt current, then you concede the the Old Testament is not current. Simple.

Yes it is in there, but the point is that you cannot ignore any part of the Bible, because it is all there to teach us valid lessons, including the Mosaic Law and Covenant.

Therefore it is still current.

It would only fail to be current if it didn't have any lessons for us.

Calling you a loser is not an insult, it is a fact, because unless you accept the truth that is precisely what you will prove to be.

Insults re only insults if they aren't true.

My mother wasn't a man. Come to that neither was my father, not really.

Insults just go way beneath me, so far down I don't even see them clearly.
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 12:49:06 AM
At 1/28/2016 6:05:58 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/28/2016 4:57:13 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:

Yes it is in there, but the point is that you cannot ignore any part of the Bible, because it is all there to teach us valid lessons, including the Mosaic Law and Covenant.

So I should own slaves and stone adulterers?

So I should do the above? What is wrong with you?

Yes, the lesson I learned from the biblical endorsement of slavery is...it's out dated...

Calling you a loser is not an insult, it is a fact, because unless you accept the truth that is precisely what you will prove to be.

Says who?

It's a figurative insult -_- damn your stupid.

Maybe because your so high in the clouds with stupidity?

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 1:04:42 PM
At 1/29/2016 12:49:06 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 1/28/2016 6:05:58 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

So I should own slaves and stone adulterers?

Not under the New Covenant, that now has to be left to Jehovah and his son in their own due time.

That is because the LAw is no longer a Law code, but merely a tutor of principles.

The principles in the cases you mention being that such ones are worthy of death, and in God's time will get it if they do not repent.

So I should do the above? What is wrong with you?

Nothing is wrong with me which isn't wrong with every other human.

Yes, the lesson I learned from the biblical endorsement of slavery is...it's out dated...

Not really, it depends on how you define slavery.

In the Biblical sense it still exists and is practiced everywhere in one form or another.

As in the BIble it usually forms part of what is now called a "Contract of Employment", which sets out the terms, duration, duties and hours.

In other words a job is a reduced form of slavery in which you agree to be a "slave" for a certain number of hours on a certain number of days, or in extreme circumstances to simply be on call 24/7/365 for one or more usually apparently two years.

Says who?

Logic and reason. If someone tells you the truth about yourself they are not insulting you, they are simply pointing out a fact.

Of course you can still take it as an insult, but that is your choice not theirs.

It's a figurative insult -_- damn your stupid.

Just as my retort was figurative, lol.

Maybe because your so high in the clouds with stupidity?

No, I am human, insults are subhuman, as are those that employ them.