Total Posts:149|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Allah, Yahweh Alone, or Jesus?

iTruthSeeker
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 5:59:28 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Which depiction is correct? After all, they can't all be correct... Please let me know why you think your depiction of "said God" is correct...

I am myself, a believer in Jesus as Lord.
iTruthSeeker
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 6:04:37 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 6:01:43 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:
At 1/26/2016 5:59:28 PM, iTruthSeeker wrote:
Which depiction is correct? After all, they can't all be correct

Why?

Are you asking why i'm a believer?
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 6:04:50 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 5:59:28 PM, iTruthSeeker wrote:
Which depiction is correct? After all, they can't all be correct... Please let me know why you think your depiction of "said God" is correct...

I am myself, a believer in Jesus as Lord.

Not clear. Is this ADON, or ADONAI, sir?
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 6:08:34 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 6:05:47 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:
At 1/26/2016 6:04:37 PM, iTruthSeeker wrote:

Are you asking why i'm a believer?

Why can they not all be correct?

Em, Shema says only YHWH Elohim is God.
This is the Great Command of the Judaic Faith.
Eliyahu7
Posts: 71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 6:10:46 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 6:08:34 PM, nothead wrote:
At 1/26/2016 6:05:47 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:
At 1/26/2016 6:04:37 PM, iTruthSeeker wrote:

Are you asking why i'm a believer?

Why can they not all be correct?

Em, Shema says only YHWH Elohim is God.
This is the Great Command of the Judaic Faith.

Bs"d

And that is not only the shema, check this out: https://sites.google.com...
Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.
iTruthSeeker
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 6:10:57 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 6:05:47 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:
At 1/26/2016 6:04:37 PM, iTruthSeeker wrote:

Why can they not all be correct?

Good Question: Here's why....

Jesus claimed himself to be equal, and God in human flesh...
Muslims believe that Jesus is a prophet of God
Jews don't accept Jesus as God or the Messiah

Jesus claimed: "I am the way the truth and the life, nobody comes to the father accept through me"

Muslims claim: O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah,

These depiction of God contradict each other and the plan of salvation is different in these differing religions.

Therefore they cannot all be the same
iTruthSeeker
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 6:11:41 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 6:05:47 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:
At 1/26/2016 6:04:37 PM, iTruthSeeker wrote:

Why can they not all be correct?

Good Question: Here's why....

Jesus claimed himself to be equal to God and God himself in human flesh...
Muslims believe that Jesus is a prophet of God
Jews don't accept Jesus as God or the Messiah

Jesus claimed: "I am the way the truth and the life, nobody comes to the father accept through me"

Muslims claim: O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah,

These depiction of God contradict each other and the plan of salvation is different in these differing religions.

Therefore they cannot all be the same
Eliyahu7
Posts: 71
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 6:14:18 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 5:59:28 PM, iTruthSeeker wrote:
Which depiction is correct? After all, they can't all be correct... Please let me know why you think your depiction of "said God" is correct...

I am myself, a believer in Jesus as Lord.

Bs"d

I'm a believer in the only true God Y-H-W-H as Lord:

"J-e-h-o-v-a-h the Lord [is] my strength"
Habakkuk 3:19 Young's Literal Translation

"But you, O Y-H-W-H my Lord"
Psalm 109:21

"O J-e-h-o-v-a-h, my Lord, strength of my salvation"
Psalm 140:7, Young's Literal Translation

"But to Thee, O J-e-h-o-v-a-h, my Lord, [are] mine eyes, In Thee I have trusted, Make not bare my soul."
Psalm 141:7, Young's Literal Translation

"And Abram saith, `Lord J-e-h-o-v-a-h, what dost Thou give to me"
Gen 15:2 Young's Literal Translation

"and he saith, `Lord J-e-h-o-v-a-h, whereby do I know that I possess it?'"
Gen 15:8 Young's Literal Translation

"Lord J-e-h-o-v-a-h, Thou -- Thou hast begun to shew Thy servant Thy greatness, and Thy strong hand;"
Deut 3:28 Young's Literal Translation

"And Samson calleth unto J-e-h-o-v-a-h, and saith, `Lord J-e-h-o-v-a-h, remember me, I pray Thee, and strengthen me,"
Judges 16:28 Young's Literal Translation

"I come in the might of the Lord J-e-h-o-v-a-h, I mention Thy righteousness -- Thine only."
Psalm 71:16 Young's Literal Translation
Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.
iTruthSeeker
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 6:18:20 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 6:08:34 PM, nothead wrote:
At 1/26/2016 6:05:47 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:
At 1/26/2016 6:04:37 PM, iTruthSeeker wrote:

Are you asking why i'm a believer?

Why can they not all be correct?

Em, Shema says only YHWH Elohim is God.
This is the Great Command of the Judaic Faith.

Ok, why does Judaism reject Jesus as the Messiah when so many old testament prophecies were fulfilled in his coming... Other Old Testament prophecies depict the messiah as God..

Daniel 7:13 - I kept looking in the night visions, And behold, with the clouds of heaven One like a Son of Man was coming, And He came up to the Ancient of Days And was presented before Him. 14"And to Him was given dominion, Glory and a kingdom, That all the peoples, nations and men of every language Might serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion Which will not pass away; And His kingdom is one Which will not be destroyed.

Psalm 110:1 - A Psalm of David. The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at My right hand Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet." 2The LORD will stretch forth Your strong scepter from Zion, saying, "Rule in the midst of Your enemies.""
iTruthSeeker
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 6:21:41 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 6:14:18 PM, Eliyahu7 wrote:
At 1/26/2016 5:59:28 PM, iTruthSeeker wrote:
Which depiction is correct? After all, they can't all be correct... Please let me know why you think your depiction of "said God" is correct...

I am myself, a believer in Jesus as Lord.

Bs"d

I'm a believer in the only true God Y-H-W-H as Lord:


"J-e-h-o-v-a-h the Lord [is] my strength"
Habakkuk 3:19 Young's Literal Translation


Thanks for the response, I believe in Yahweh alone as well but i believe in the christian doctrine of the trinity... That is...

Jesus
God the Father (Covential form of Yahweh)
The Holy Spirit

are all one being in three different persons... Therefore, a christian believes in exactly the same God as you do except we have further revelation that we believe Judaism rejects.
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 6:24:31 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 6:18:20 PM, iTruthSeeker wrote:
At 1/26/2016 6:08:34 PM, nothead wrote:
At 1/26/2016 6:05:47 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:
At 1/26/2016 6:04:37 PM, iTruthSeeker wrote:

Are you asking why i'm a believer?

Why can they not all be correct?

Em, Shema says only YHWH Elohim is God.
This is the Great Command of the Judaic Faith.

Ok, why does Judaism reject Jesus as the Messiah when so many old testament prophecies were fulfilled in his coming... Other Old Testament prophecies depict the messiah as God..

Daniel 7:13 - I kept looking in the night visions, And behold, with the clouds of heaven One like a Son of Man was coming, And He came up to the Ancient of Days And was presented before Him. 14"And to Him was given dominion, Glory and a kingdom, That all the peoples, nations and men of every language Might serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion Which will not pass away; And His kingdom is one Which will not be destroyed.

Two Gods in heaven or what? This is not kosher, man. And if one God gives another God was was rightfully His to begin with, what does this say about your God?
Psalm 110:1 - A Psalm of David. The LORD says to my Lord: "Sit at My right hand Until I make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet." 2The LORD will stretch forth Your strong scepter from Zion, saying, "Rule in the midst of Your enemies.""

Adonai said to my adoni, sir. Big diff, for the sake of this convo, and for your info.

Read the Masoretic Text.
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 6:27:35 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 6:21:41 PM, iTruthSeeker wrote:
At 1/26/2016 6:14:18 PM, Eliyahu7 wrote:
At 1/26/2016 5:59:28 PM, iTruthSeeker wrote:
Which depiction is correct? After all, they can't all be correct... Please let me know why you think your depiction of "said God" is correct...

I am myself, a believer in Jesus as Lord.

Bs"d

I'm a believer in the only true God Y-H-W-H as Lord:


"J-e-h-o-v-a-h the Lord [is] my strength"
Habakkuk 3:19 Young's Literal Translation


Thanks for the response, I believe in Yahweh alone as well but i believe in the christian doctrine of the trinity... That is...

Jesus
God the Father (Covential form of Yahweh)
The Holy Spirit

are all one being in three different persons... Therefore, a christian believes in exactly the same God as you do except we have further revelation that we believe Judaism rejects.

Rejecting Jesus was rejecting the Prophet promised. This prophet was made just under the angels and afterwards glorified over them, by HIS God.

This Prophet could propitiate and can propitiate all who believe in him. This was a precedented view, by previous precedent whereby ten relatively righteous men could might propitiate Sodom, sir.
PeacefulChaos
Posts: 2,610
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 6:48:18 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 6:11:41 PM, iTruthSeeker wrote:

Jesus claimed himself to be equal to God and God himself in human flesh...

Jesus also stated that the Father is greater than Him.

Muslims believe that Jesus is a prophet of God

I do not view this as contradictory.

Jews don't accept Jesus as God or the Messiah

Indeed, yet He is the Messiah. Simply because the followers reject Him does not mean He is wrong. Just as Moses was after Abraham, Jesus was the next prophet, followed by Muhammad. Each of them accepted the ones before and foretold of the ones coming after, and each and every single time, the followers of the old religion denied the new prophet, subjecting Him to persecution and torment.


Jesus claimed: "I am the way the truth and the life, nobody comes to the father accept through me"

Correct. He was speaking to the people at the time. For them, He was the only way.


Muslims claim: O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah,

Jesus stated that "My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me."

Is this not in agreement with Him? In fact, I believe that all the great prophets have made this claim.
iTruthSeeker
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 6:48:40 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 6:27:35 PM, nothead wrote:
At 1/26/2016 6:21:41 PM, iTruthSeeker wrote:
At 1/26/2016 6:14:18 PM, Eliyahu7 wrote:
At 1/26/2016 5:59:28 PM, iTruthSeeker wrote:
Which depiction is correct? After all, they can't all be correct... Please let me know why you think your depiction of "said God" is correct...

I am myself, a believer in Jesus as Lord.

Bs"d

I'm a believer in the only true God Y-H-W-H as Lord:


"J-e-h-o-v-a-h the Lord [is] my strength"
Habakkuk 3:19 Young's Literal Translation


Thanks for the response, I believe in Yahweh alone as well but i believe in the christian doctrine of the trinity... That is...

Jesus
God the Father (Covential form of Yahweh)
The Holy Spirit

are all one being in three different persons... Therefore, a christian believes in exactly the same God as you do except we have further revelation that we believe Judaism rejects.

Rejecting Jesus was rejecting the Prophet promised. This prophet was made just under the angels and afterwards glorified over them, by HIS God.

This Prophet could propitiate and can propitiate all who believe in him. This was a precedented view, by previous precedent whereby ten relatively righteous men could might propitiate Sodom, sir.

So to clarify, Judaism claims that Jesus is a prophet that is able to cleanse the whole world of sin but is not himself God?
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 6:49:43 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 6:48:40 PM, iTruthSeeker wrote:
At 1/26/2016 6:27:35 PM, nothead wrote:
At 1/26/2016 6:21:41 PM, iTruthSeeker wrote:
At 1/26/2016 6:14:18 PM, Eliyahu7 wrote:
At 1/26/2016 5:59:28 PM, iTruthSeeker wrote:
Which depiction is correct? After all, they can't all be correct... Please let me know why you think your depiction of "said God" is correct...

I am myself, a believer in Jesus as Lord.

Bs"d

I'm a believer in the only true God Y-H-W-H as Lord:


"J-e-h-o-v-a-h the Lord [is] my strength"
Habakkuk 3:19 Young's Literal Translation


Thanks for the response, I believe in Yahweh alone as well but i believe in the christian doctrine of the trinity... That is...

Jesus
God the Father (Covential form of Yahweh)
The Holy Spirit

are all one being in three different persons... Therefore, a christian believes in exactly the same God as you do except we have further revelation that we believe Judaism rejects.

Rejecting Jesus was rejecting the Prophet promised. This prophet was made just under the angels and afterwards glorified over them, by HIS God.

This Prophet could propitiate and can propitiate all who believe in him. This was a precedented view, by previous precedent whereby ten relatively righteous men could might propitiate Sodom, sir.

So to clarify, Judaism claims that Jesus is a prophet that is able to cleanse the whole world of sin but is not himself God?

Did he ever say he was God, sir? What kind of apocrypha you readen?
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 6:51:38 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 6:48:18 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:
At 1/26/2016 6:11:41 PM, iTruthSeeker wrote:

Jesus claimed himself to be equal to God and God himself in human flesh...

Jesus also stated that the Father is greater than Him.

Muslims believe that Jesus is a prophet of God

I do not view this as contradictory.

Jews don't accept Jesus as God or the Messiah

Indeed, yet He is the Messiah. Simply because the followers reject Him does not mean He is wrong. Just as Moses was after Abraham, Jesus was the next prophet, followed by Muhammad. Each of them accepted the ones before and foretold of the ones coming after, and each and every single time, the followers of the old religion denied the new prophet, subjecting Him to persecution and torment.


Jesus claimed: "I am the way the truth and the life, nobody comes to the father accept through me"

Correct. He was speaking to the people at the time. For them, He was the only way.


Muslims claim: O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah,

Jesus stated that "My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me."

Is this not in agreement with Him? In fact, I believe that all the great prophets have made this claim.

You get some things right, sir. I like this post for some reason.
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 6:54:08 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 6:48:18 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:
At 1/26/2016 6:11:41 PM, iTruthSeeker wrote:

Jesus claimed himself to be equal to God and God himself in human flesh...

Jesus also stated that the Father is greater than Him.

Muslims believe that Jesus is a prophet of God

I do not view this as contradictory.

Jews don't accept Jesus as God or the Messiah

Indeed, yet He is the Messiah. Simply because the followers reject Him does not mean He is wrong. Just as Moses was after Abraham, Jesus was the next prophet, followed by Muhammad. Each of them accepted the ones before and foretold of the ones coming after, and each and every single time, the followers of the old religion denied the new prophet, subjecting Him to persecution and torment.


Jesus claimed: "I am the way the truth and the life, nobody comes to the father accept through me"

Correct. He was speaking to the people at the time. For them, He was the only way.


Muslims claim: O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah,

Jesus stated that "My teaching is not my own. It comes from the one who sent me."

Is this not in agreement with Him? In fact, I believe that all the great prophets have made this claim.

Saying Jesus called himself the way and the truth and the life, and that no one comes to the Father his God, EXCEPT through him, is only in context and not an absolute statement?

What context would now be different, sir? Abdul-Baha was better'n him?
iTruthSeeker
Posts: 8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 6:58:58 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Did he ever say he was God, sir? What kind of apocrypha you readen?

Jesus equates himself equal to Yahweh:
"Your father Abraham rejoiced as he looked forward to my coming. He saw it and was glad."
The people said, "You aren't even fifty years old. How can you say you have seen Abraham?"
Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am!"4

Jesus was able to forgive sin, he said HE HIMSELF had the authority to do it:
"...that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins"--he then said to the paralytic--"Rise, pick up your bed and go home." And he rose and went home. When the crowds saw it, they were afraid, and they glorified God..."7

He said to them, "You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins."8

Jesus claimed to be ONE with God:
"The Father and I are one."
Once again the people picked up stones to kill him.
Jesus said, "At my Father's direction I have done many good works. For which one are you going to stone me?"
They replied, "We're stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God."13

Jesus followers continually called him LORD! and he never rebuked them.
Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.
PeacefulChaos
Posts: 2,610
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 6:59:36 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 6:54:08 PM, nothead wrote:

Saying Jesus called himself the way and the truth and the life, and that no one comes to the Father his God, EXCEPT through him, is only in context and not an absolute statement?

Even if we did consider it to be absolute, distinction among the prophets is meaningless. Their divine nature is the same, though they may differ in their physical attributes.


What context would now be different, sir? Abdul-Baha was better'n him?

Abdu'l-Baha was not a prophet. How could He have been better than Jesus Christ?

I think comparing them to see who is "better" does not accomplish anything, but you find it important. Why is this?
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 7:10:24 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 6:58:58 PM, iTruthSeeker wrote:
Did he ever say he was God, sir? What kind of apocrypha you readen?

Jesus equates himself equal to Yahweh:
"Your father Abraham rejoiced as he looked forward to my coming. He saw it and was glad."
The people said, "You aren't even fifty years old. How can you say you have seen Abraham?"
Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am!"4

"I am theology" is as hokey as it gets, sir.
It makes no sense from either language, especially in parallel thought.
EYEH ASHER EYEH has an implied to be verb, and besides has an indefinite tense, unlike the implied perfect present of the English...
And in the Koine, "I am," without a compliment still has a [he] implied.
For the blind man in chpt 9, "I am [he]."

For the Samaritan woman who did not understand "I am [he]" to mean "God." Since she proclaimed him to her peers, as the Messiah but not as God.

Also consider the Septuagint translation, of the second shortened clause in Ex 3. HO OWN, not EGO EIMI.

Also consider for the Jew, that "I exist" would not be a normal thing said.

Jesus was able to forgive sin, he said HE HIMSELF had the authority to do it:
"...that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins"--he then said to the paralytic--"Rise, pick up your bed and go home." And he rose and went home. When the crowds saw it, they were afraid, and they glorified God..."7


Jesus gave the disciples the authority to forgive sin in Jn 20, sir:

21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
He said to them, "You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins."8

Jesus claimed to be ONE with God:
"The Father and I are one."
Once again the people picked up stones to kill him.
Jesus said, "At my Father's direction I have done many good works. For which one are you going to stone me?"
They replied, "We're stoning you not for any good work, but for blasphemy! You, a mere man, claim to be God."13


This is the same HEN which he said of believers in Jn 17 "...that they may be one as we are one."
Jesus followers continually called him LORD! and he never rebuked them.

SINCE this was "adon" in the Aramaic, not "adonai."
Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, "Jesus be cursed," and no one can say, "Jesus is Lord," except by the Holy Spirit.

Still don't know the difference, do you? In the KJV "LORD" all caps is adonai. "Kurios" in the Koine is either/or.
spacetime
Posts: 449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 7:11:54 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 6:10:57 PM, iTruthSeeker wrote:

These depiction of God contradict each other and the plan of salvation is different in these differing religions.

Therefore they cannot all be the same

True, they cannot both be 100% correct. But why can't they both be imperfect interpretations of the same divine reality?
Call me King Pootie Tang.
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 7:51:46 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 6:59:36 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:
At 1/26/2016 6:54:08 PM, nothead wrote:

Saying Jesus called himself the way and the truth and the life, and that no one comes to the Father his God, EXCEPT through him, is only in context and not an absolute statement?

Even if we did consider it to be absolute, distinction among the prophets is meaningless. Their divine nature is the same, though they may differ in their physical attributes.


What context would now be different, sir? Abdul-Baha was better'n him?

Abdu'l-Baha was not a prophet. How could He have been better than Jesus Christ?

I think comparing them to see who is "better" does not accomplish anything, but you find it important. Why is this?

Smudged "truth" is better'n defined truth? You got your gumptions all in a wad or what?
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 7:53:14 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 7:11:54 PM, spacetime wrote:
At 1/26/2016 6:10:57 PM, iTruthSeeker wrote:

These depiction of God contradict each other and the plan of salvation is different in these differing religions.

Therefore they cannot all be the same

True, they cannot both be 100% correct. But why can't they both be imperfect interpretations of the same divine reality?

Because one interpretation is more accurate than the other. And some interpretations will negate the other. Shema negates all Gods except One.
graceofgod
Posts: 5,032
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 8:11:37 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 5:59:28 PM, iTruthSeeker wrote:
Which depiction is correct? After all, they can't all be correct... Please let me know why you think your depiction of "said God" is correct...

I am myself, a believer in Jesus as Lord.

allah was and is a moon god, one of nearly 400, so we can ditch that one...

yahweh, Jesus and the holy spirit are the three parts of the God of the bible..
PeacefulChaos
Posts: 2,610
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 8:41:41 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 7:51:46 PM, nothead wrote:

Smudged "truth" is better'n defined truth? You got your gumptions all in a wad or what?

Not really sure where this is going anymore.
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 8:48:40 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 8:11:37 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 1/26/2016 5:59:28 PM, iTruthSeeker wrote:
Which depiction is correct? After all, they can't all be correct... Please let me know why you think your depiction of "said God" is correct...

I am myself, a believer in Jesus as Lord.

allah was and is a moon god, one of nearly 400, so we can ditch that one...

yahweh, Jesus and the holy spirit are the three parts of the God of the bible..

Three PARTS is not proto-orthodox trinitarianism, ma'am. You going minor-stream or what?
nothead
Posts: 371
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 8:49:55 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 8:41:41 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:
At 1/26/2016 7:51:46 PM, nothead wrote:

Smudged "truth" is better'n defined truth? You got your gumptions all in a wad or what?

Not really sure where this is going anymore.

...since I am confused? All religions have value. One religion is definitive. Is this possible or what?
PeacefulChaos
Posts: 2,610
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 8:52:13 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 8:49:55 PM, nothead wrote:
At 1/26/2016 8:41:41 PM, PeacefulChaos wrote:
At 1/26/2016 7:51:46 PM, nothead wrote:

Smudged "truth" is better'n defined truth? You got your gumptions all in a wad or what?

Not really sure where this is going anymore.

...since I am confused? All religions have value. One religion is definitive. Is this possible or what?

Actually, I'm the confused one lol.

I think all religions have value, yeah. Not everyone would agree with me though.