Total Posts:319|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Truth

Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 8:41:57 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Many people talk about the truth and what they believe to be true.
However, what seems to be true to one person can seem to be false to another, so what IS Truth ?

How can you tell it apart from a lie or deception?
uncung
Posts: 3,454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 1:02:56 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 8:41:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Many people talk about the truth and what they believe to be true.
However, what seems to be true to one person can seem to be false to another, so what IS Truth ?

How can you tell it apart from a lie or deception?

"The truth is from your Lord, so never be among the doubters. " (Quran)

"And say, 'The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills - let him believe; and whoever wills - let him disbelieve." (Quran)

"Alif, Lam, Meem, Ra. These are the verses of the Book; and what has been revealed to you from your Lord is the truth, but most of the people do not believe." (Quran)

" There is no god but He: how then are ye deluded away from the Truth?" (Quran)
Peternosaint
Posts: 1,166
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 1:19:59 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 8:41:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Many people talk about the truth and what they believe to be true.
However, what seems to be true to one person can seem to be false to another, so what IS Truth ?

How can you tell it apart from a lie or deception?

That is a difficult task. The great deceiver, Satan, has successfully shown himself as an angel of light when he is the angle of darkness. So, one has to use all their wits to define the truth.

One thing for sure, there is only one truth whereas there are many untruths about the one subject, take evolution for instance or the many ways that religion portrays Christianity.

Many people would not see the truth because they are blinded by their own egos, their own concepts of what is true without delving deeply into the belief they have attached themselves to as a faith or a belief.

If you are looking for religious truth that is truly the Christian truth you only have the Bible as a text book, which must have a lot of truth in it by the amount of people that wish to destroy the message, as the truth hurts.

One also has the freedom of choice. You alone can decide what is the truth for you and what you decide will be tested by those that have made different decisions.

The author did not say what truth they would like to find, or how to find it or even where to find it, so, all I can conclude with is don't use a reference book on cooking to find the truth of brain surgery.
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 1:22:29 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 1:02:56 AM, uncung wrote:
At 1/26/2016 8:41:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Many people talk about the truth and what they believe to be true.
However, what seems to be true to one person can seem to be false to another, so what IS Truth ?

How can you tell it apart from a lie or deception?

"The truth is from your Lord, so never be among the doubters. " (Quran)

"And say, 'The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills - let him believe; and whoever wills - let him disbelieve." (Quran)

"Alif, Lam, Meem, Ra. These are the verses of the Book; and what has been revealed to you from your Lord is the truth, but most of the people do not believe." (Quran)

" There is no god but He: how then are ye deluded away from the Truth?" (Quran)

If you ask a Christian, he will quote bible verses stating it is the one true word of god. If you ask a Mormon, he will quote verses from the book of Mormon stating it is the word of god.

The proof is always this: The book says it is always true and since it says it is true, it is true.

I could write a "holy" book and say the same thing.

Circular reasoning anyone?
uncung
Posts: 3,454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 1:35:02 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 1:22:29 AM, matt8800 wrote:
At 1/27/2016 1:02:56 AM, uncung wrote:
At 1/26/2016 8:41:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Many people talk about the truth and what they believe to be true.
However, what seems to be true to one person can seem to be false to another, so what IS Truth ?

How can you tell it apart from a lie or deception?

"The truth is from your Lord, so never be among the doubters. " (Quran)

"And say, 'The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills - let him believe; and whoever wills - let him disbelieve." (Quran)

"Alif, Lam, Meem, Ra. These are the verses of the Book; and what has been revealed to you from your Lord is the truth, but most of the people do not believe." (Quran)

" There is no god but He: how then are ye deluded away from the Truth?" (Quran)

If you ask a Christian, he will quote bible verses stating it is the one true word of god. If you ask a Mormon, he will quote verses from the book of Mormon stating it is the word of god.

The proof is always this: The book says it is always true and since it says it is true, it is true.

I could write a "holy" book and say the same thing.

Circular reasoning anyone?

I would believe their quotes if they were true.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 3:09:30 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 1:02:56 AM, uncung wrote:
At 1/26/2016 8:41:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Many people talk about the truth and what they believe to be true.
However, what seems to be true to one person can seem to be false to another, so what IS Truth ?

How can you tell it apart from a lie or deception?

"The truth is from your Lord, so never be among the doubters. " (Quran)

"And say, 'The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills - let him believe; and whoever wills - let him disbelieve." (Quran)

"Alif, Lam, Meem, Ra. These are the verses of the Book; and what has been revealed to you from your Lord is the truth, but most of the people do not believe." (Quran)

" There is no god but He: how then are ye deluded away from the Truth?" (Quran)

I would believe those quotes if they were true.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Outplayz
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 6:21:39 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 8:41:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Many people talk about the truth and what they believe to be true.
However, what seems to be true to one person can seem to be false to another, so what IS Truth ?

How can you tell it apart from a lie or deception?

Easy... trust yourself. Ultimately... is someone going to be giving advice on what to be when you die? No (i hope)... You will die with your thoughts, your morals, your beliefs... Search if you must, but you will continue to be you no matter what. So... the truth is what you believe to be, the Truth. Now... i get your OP, what does that mean to me... Squat! I don't have to follow your truth, and... that's okay. And... btw, the truth isn't words, feelings, human 'things'... it is a reality, it is a world, it is a fantasy, it is euphoric enlightenment to the vessel capable of thought. In which case, every truth is correct and applicable to the observer. ... you go to your fantasy, bc trust me, you don't want my "paradise."
Outplayz
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 6:34:14 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 1:19:59 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 1/26/2016 8:41:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Many people talk about the truth and what they believe to be true.
However, what seems to be true to one person can seem to be false to another, so what IS Truth ?

How can you tell it apart from a lie or deception?

That is a difficult task. The great deceiver, Satan, has successfully shown himself as an angel of light when he is the angle of darkness. So, one has to use all their wits to define the truth.

... I am sorry... but you are full of it. You guys use the "Satanic" cop-out way too much. It doesn't agree with me; Satanic, it is a new view; Satanic, it doesn't believe in god, Satanic... It is working less and less my friend. It's cool tho. You have a cool club. I see why the people in your religion are the way they are... your "paradise" seek pure euphoria... Pure happiness... to be perfect. No wonder murders look forward to it, drug addicts get saved by its "higher power," ignorant people find comfort in it... it is pure euphoria... it is a glorified drug dealer. But... again, it is a paradise. One in which i might drive through... but, you know what... if i had pure euphoria for the rest of eternity, if i walked out and everyone smiled at me like i was stuck in some 1940's classical conditioning short film... i'd go nuts. What is your heaven? What is your paradise? Can you even define that for me? Can you make me understand how i can have such a reality for eternity? How, with the knowledge of living... i would never want to live again?
uncung
Posts: 3,454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 7:25:36 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 3:09:30 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/27/2016 1:02:56 AM, uncung wrote:
At 1/26/2016 8:41:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Many people talk about the truth and what they believe to be true.
However, what seems to be true to one person can seem to be false to another, so what IS Truth ?

How can you tell it apart from a lie or deception?

"The truth is from your Lord, so never be among the doubters. " (Quran)

"And say, 'The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills - let him believe; and whoever wills - let him disbelieve." (Quran)

"Alif, Lam, Meem, Ra. These are the verses of the Book; and what has been revealed to you from your Lord is the truth, but most of the people do not believe." (Quran)

" There is no god but He: how then are ye deluded away from the Truth?" (Quran)

I would believe those quotes if they were true.

Don't believe those quotes if they were not true.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 4:32:42 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 7:25:36 AM, uncung wrote:
At 1/27/2016 3:09:30 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/27/2016 1:02:56 AM, uncung wrote:
At 1/26/2016 8:41:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Many people talk about the truth and what they believe to be true.
However, what seems to be true to one person can seem to be false to another, so what IS Truth ?

How can you tell it apart from a lie or deception?

"The truth is from your Lord, so never be among the doubters. " (Quran)

"And say, 'The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills - let him believe; and whoever wills - let him disbelieve." (Quran)

"Alif, Lam, Meem, Ra. These are the verses of the Book; and what has been revealed to you from your Lord is the truth, but most of the people do not believe." (Quran)

" There is no god but He: how then are ye deluded away from the Truth?" (Quran)

I would believe those quotes if they were true.

Don't believe those quotes if they were not true.

I don't, because they aren't.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 9:30:54 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 1:02:56 AM, uncung wrote:
At 1/26/2016 8:41:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Many people talk about the truth and what they believe to be true.
However, what seems to be true to one person can seem to be false to another, so what IS Truth ?

How can you tell it apart from a lie or deception?

"The truth is from your Lord, so never be among the doubters. " (Quran)

That is about where truth comes from and does not answer the question " What is Truth?"

"And say, 'The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills - let him believe; and whoever wills - let him disbelieve." (Quran)

Again, That is about where truth comes from, it basically says you can believe it or not. It does not answer the question " What is Truth?"

"Alif, Lam, Meem, Ra. These are the verses of the Book; and what has been revealed to you from your Lord is the truth, but most of the people do not believe." (Quran)

Again, that does not answer the question " What is Truth?"

" There is no god but He: how then are ye deluded away from the Truth?" (Quran)

Again, that does not answer the question " What is Truth?"

Would you like to try again? Try communicating in your own words instead of quoting someone elses words which don't answer the question anyway.
Try thinking for a change instead of being a parrot.
janesix
Posts: 3,466
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 9:40:34 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/26/2016 8:41:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Many people talk about the truth and what they believe to be true.
However, what seems to be true to one person can seem to be false to another, so what IS Truth ?

How can you tell it apart from a lie or deception?

Truth is what can be empirically tested. And even then we have to be careful, as we will probably never have all the information we need to make hypotheses and test for truth.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 9:51:05 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 1:19:59 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 1/26/2016 8:41:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Many people talk about the truth and what they believe to be true.
However, what seems to be true to one person can seem to be false to another, so what IS Truth ?

How can you tell it apart from a lie or deception?

That is a difficult task. The great deceiver, Satan, has successfully shown himself as an angel of light when he is the angle of darkness. So, one has to use all their wits to define the truth.

So how do you define it?

One thing for sure, there is only one truth whereas there are many untruths about the one subject, take evolution for instance or the many ways that religion portrays Christianity.

That does not answer the question or give a definition of Truth.

Many people would not see the truth because they are blinded by their own egos, their own concepts of what is true without delving deeply into the belief they have attached themselves to as a faith or a belief.

That still doesn't answer the question " What is Truth?"

If you are looking for religious truth that is truly the Christian truth you only have the Bible as a text book, which must have a lot of truth in it by the amount of people that wish to destroy the message, as the truth hurts.

I know about religious truth but you still have not answered the question " What is Truth ?"

The truth that hurts Christians is that the Hebrew God is as mythical as any of the Greek gods. That is the truth they constantly deny and reject and claim that the concept comes from Satan who is trying to destroy their faith.
No one is trying to destroy the message about humans living in love and acceptance of each other.
The bible itself teaches against idolatry yet Christians idolize Jesus. That makes them idol worshippers.
They follow a man instead of following a PRINCIPLE and they attempt to get other people to join them in their idolatry.

One also has the freedom of choice. You alone can decide what is the truth for you and what you decide will be tested by those that have made different decisions.

You still have not answered the question "What is Truth ?"
So are you going to tell me what it is to you or don't you have a clue?

The author did not say what truth they would like to find, or how to find it or even where to find it, so, all I can conclude with is don't use a reference book on cooking to find the truth of brain surgery.

You are still not answering the question "What is Truth ?"
I am not talking about types of truths, or facts about something, like the truth about how to cook something or the truth about how to do brain surgery. I am talking about the Truth in general.
How do you tell the difference between the Truth and Lie?
What do you think the character Jesus meant in the story with the words "I AM the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE " ?
If a real physical person on Earth today said those same words, how would you interpret them ? Would you think the person who said them was mad? Would you think they were telling the truth or lying?
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 10:04:54 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 6:21:39 AM, Outplayz wrote:
At 1/26/2016 8:41:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Many people talk about the truth and what they believe to be true.
However, what seems to be true to one person can seem to be false to another, so what IS Truth ?

How can you tell it apart from a lie or deception?

Easy... trust yourself. Ultimately... is someone going to be giving advice on what to be when you die? No (i hope)... You will die with your thoughts, your morals, your beliefs... Search if you must, but you will continue to be you no matter what. So... the truth is what you believe to be, the Truth. Now... i get your OP, what does that mean to me... Squat! I don't have to follow your truth, and... that's okay. And... btw, the truth isn't words, feelings, human 'things'... it is a reality, it is a world, it is a fantasy, it is euphoric enlightenment to the vessel capable of thought. In which case, every truth is correct and applicable to the observer. ... you go to your fantasy, bc trust me, you don't want my "paradise."

Are you suggesting that people who believe their own lies and delusions trust themselves?
Are you suggesting that people who believe false doctrines trust themselves?
What happens when fools trust themselves?
Death comes to all regardless of whether anyone advises you about it or not. I am sure many Christians would advise you to be Christian when you die and Muslims would advise you to be Muslim and so on for all the religions of the world who insist you should join their particular one before you die.

Are you saying or implying the Truth can be anything you want it to be?

Reality in the human world is filled with words, feelings, and human things so how can those things not be truth when they are part of reality ?
Fantasy is part of reality. Illusions are part of reality. Everything you observe is part of reality.
If every truth including fantasies, illusions, delusions, is correct, do lies and deceptions exist? If so, how do you tell the difference between them and what is true?
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 10:16:52 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 6:34:14 AM, Outplayz wrote:
At 1/27/2016 1:19:59 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 1/26/2016 8:41:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Many people talk about the truth and what they believe to be true.
However, what seems to be true to one person can seem to be false to another, so what IS Truth ?

How can you tell it apart from a lie or deception?

That is a difficult task. The great deceiver, Satan, has successfully shown himself as an angel of light when he is the angle of darkness. So, one has to use all their wits to define the truth.

... I am sorry... but you are full of it. You guys use the "Satanic" cop-out way too much. It doesn't agree with me; Satanic, it is a new view; Satanic, it doesn't believe in god, Satanic... It is working less and less my friend. It's cool tho. You have a cool club. I see why the people in your religion are the way they are... your "paradise" seek pure euphoria... Pure happiness... to be perfect. No wonder murders look forward to it, drug addicts get saved by its "higher power," ignorant people find comfort in it... it is pure euphoria... it is a glorified drug dealer. But... again, it is a paradise. One in which i might drive through... but, you know what... if i had pure euphoria for the rest of eternity, if i walked out and everyone smiled at me like i was stuck in some 1940's classical conditioning short film... i'd go nuts. What is your heaven? What is your paradise? Can you even define that for me? Can you make me understand how i can have such a reality for eternity? How, with the knowledge of living... i would never want to live again?

C'mon now Outplayz, be fair and reasonable, you just advised readers in your previous post to trust themselves.
If Peternosaint trusts himself and his own beliefs, why accuse him of being full of it?
Is he full of it in your perception because his beliefs don't agree with yours so you don't trust them? If you don't trust other peoples beliefs why do you suggest anyone trust themselves?
Why do you even trust your own beliefs?
Do you think anyone should trust you and what you say when you don't trust them and their words ?
What is true to one person is obviously not always true to another.
Therefore, can anyone decide what is ultimately true and come to an agreement on what is Truth ?
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 10:19:16 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 6:21:39 AM, Outplayz wrote:
... you go to your fantasy, bc trust me, you don't want my "paradise."

Tell me about your paradise and I will decide for myself if I would like it or not.
I prefer to live in reality but fantasy land is a nice place to visit at times for entertainment purposes.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 10:31:12 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 9:40:34 PM, janesix wrote:
At 1/26/2016 8:41:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Many people talk about the truth and what they believe to be true.
However, what seems to be true to one person can seem to be false to another, so what IS Truth ?

How can you tell it apart from a lie or deception?

Truth is what can be empirically tested. And even then we have to be careful, as we will probably never have all the information we need to make hypotheses and test for truth.

Not all of reality can be empirically tested since reality includes the imaginations and fantasies of humans as well as illusions, mirages and such things created by nature. Many people believe their own lies, hence are self deceived.

Eg
If you want to figure out if a character in a story was real or mythical, how do you go about empirically testing that to figure out the Truth of the matter?
It is true that the character is in a story.
It is true that some readers believe the character was real and is it also true others believe the character was a myth.
Does the truth of the matter in that case simply depend on what people believe?
Are truth and lies merely a matter of human perception regarding that which is what it is regardless of what people think and believe about it ?
Outplayz
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 1:25:29 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 10:31:12 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/27/2016 9:40:34 PM, janesix wrote:
At 1/26/2016 8:41:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Many people talk about the truth and what they believe to be true.
However, what seems to be true to one person can seem to be false to another, so what IS Truth ?

How can you tell it apart from a lie or deception?

Truth is what can be empirically tested. And even then we have to be careful, as we will probably never have all the information we need to make hypotheses and test for truth.

Not all of reality can be empirically tested since reality includes the imaginations and fantasies of humans as well as illusions, mirages and such things created by nature. Many people believe their own lies, hence are self deceived.

Eg
If you want to figure out if a character in a story was real or mythical, how do you go about empirically testing that to figure out the Truth of the matter?

Can't... in fantasy land, all i can figure out is my reality. Is it real or true... may or may not be, but it doesn't matter as long as i think it is.

It is true that the character is in a story.
It is true that some readers believe the character was real and is it also true others believe the character was a myth.

Yep. But, doesn't matter... only the character itself knows those answers... others can just speculate and make up a world within themselves. In which case, it doesn't matter if the character was real or not, if someone defines it one way or another... that is what it is until the person decides to define differently.

Does the truth of the matter in that case simply depend on what people believe?

Yep.

Are truth and lies merely a matter of human perception regarding that which is what it is regardless of what people think and believe about it ?

It is what it is... Definitions within the observer are the truths to that person. Like, you can tell someone with severe delusions that everything is fake... even if it's majority rule that says it's fake doesn't matter to the one deluded... unless, they change. We define our reality (or plural).
Outplayz
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 1:25:34 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 10:16:52 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/27/2016 6:34:14 AM, Outplayz wrote:
At 1/27/2016 1:19:59 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 1/26/2016 8:41:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Many people talk about the truth and what they believe to be true.
However, what seems to be true to one person can seem to be false to another, so what IS Truth ?

How can you tell it apart from a lie or deception?

That is a difficult task. The great deceiver, Satan, has successfully shown himself as an angel of light when he is the angle of darkness. So, one has to use all their wits to define the truth.

... I am sorry... but you are full of it. You guys use the "Satanic" cop-out way too much. It doesn't agree with me; Satanic, it is a new view; Satanic, it doesn't believe in god, Satanic... It is working less and less my friend. It's cool tho. You have a cool club. I see why the people in your religion are the way they are... your "paradise" seek pure euphoria... Pure happiness... to be perfect. No wonder murders look forward to it, drug addicts get saved by its "higher power," ignorant people find comfort in it... it is pure euphoria... it is a glorified drug dealer. But... again, it is a paradise. One in which i might drive through... but, you know what... if i had pure euphoria for the rest of eternity, if i walked out and everyone smiled at me like i was stuck in some 1940's classical conditioning short film... i'd go nuts. What is your heaven? What is your paradise? Can you even define that for me? Can you make me understand how i can have such a reality for eternity? How, with the knowledge of living... i would never want to live again?

C'mon now Outplayz, be fair and reasonable, you just advised readers in your previous post to trust themselves.

Okay... i may have been a jerk for a moment there ;p

If Peternosaint trusts himself and his own beliefs, why accuse him of being full of it?

He just happened to be my example. I usually push buttons a little at first to see what kind of user i am dealing with (i think he is a good guy, wanted to make sure). Plus... i am only addressing the "Satanic" factor. I'm just sick of theist saying it... Like, i have a belief, but it's Satanic bc i don't understand or believe it... it is very negative, and contradictory to acceptance and love.

Is he full of it in your perception because his beliefs don't agree with yours so you don't trust them? If you don't trust other peoples beliefs why do you suggest anyone trust themselves?

It's not that i don't trust his beliefs, i just don't believe them. I would rather go to a different type of "paradise." Now, i stress with you... i think, that it's okay to have this paradox. I don't have to believe his belief for it to be true. If it is true to him, then... it will be true.

Why do you even trust your own beliefs?

I just do.

Do you think anyone should trust you and what you say when you don't trust them and their words ?

I hope people do trust what i am saying bc all that i am saying is for people to continue being them and hold a belief that is true to them. Now... "words" are a different story. I don't believe all of their words, hence i think religious text has flaws. I also want the same criticism in my words. Just like you have done here, which i admit i was wrong for being a little devil in my starting a conversation.

What is true to one person is obviously not always true to another.

Agreed.

Therefore, can anyone decide what is ultimately true and come to an agreement on what is Truth ?

I wrote this answer to you. Truth is what the observer finds to be truth to them. How they see them self, what character they feel they portray... and so on. The only thing that is not truth in my opinion, is telling another you know their truth. Which i am sure i didn't to this user. I even acknowledge is heaven is true... and i am not kidding when i say, "I'd drive through it." Seems like a wonder place theists want in their paradise.
Outplayz
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 1:25:51 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 10:19:16 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/27/2016 6:21:39 AM, Outplayz wrote:
... you go to your fantasy, bc trust me, you don't want my "paradise."

Tell me about your paradise and I will decide for myself if I would like it or not.
I prefer to live in reality but fantasy land is a nice place to visit at times for entertainment purposes.

Well...if i get to choose... oh man, i'm not even sure myself lol. I talked to my sister and she would be down for a Harry Potter type world... that might be fun... but, i think i would hold off that living for a little while... I would personally love to tread some Anime realities first... so technically first my world could look something like this:

https://www.youtube.com...

Sure you've seen this before... fun fact, if you put every personality (good&bad) and art together in this anime... you will be pretty close in understand who i am... hauntingly close, that is why i like it so much.
Outplayz
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 1:30:27 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 10:19:16 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/27/2016 6:21:39 AM, Outplayz wrote:
... you go to your fantasy, bc trust me, you don't want my "paradise."

Tell me about your paradise and I will decide for myself if I would like it or not.
I prefer to live in reality but fantasy land is a nice place to visit at times for entertainment purposes.

Well...if i get to choose... oh man, i'm not even sure myself lol. I talked to my sister and she would be down for a Harry Potter type world... that might be fun... but, i think i would hold off that living for a little while... I would personally love to tread some Anime realities first... Being a student in the "Death Weapon Meister Academy" would be fun.
Outplayz
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 1:32:56 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 10:19:16 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/27/2016 6:21:39 AM, Outplayz wrote:
... you go to your fantasy, bc trust me, you don't want my "paradise."

Tell me about your paradise and I will decide for myself if I would like it or not.
I prefer to live in reality but fantasy land is a nice place to visit at times for entertainment purposes.

Lol... it doubled bc it was giving me an error "Not unique enough" ... funny it did it to this question ;p
uncung
Posts: 3,454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 8:24:36 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 4:32:42 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/27/2016 7:25:36 AM, uncung wrote:
At 1/27/2016 3:09:30 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/27/2016 1:02:56 AM, uncung wrote:
At 1/26/2016 8:41:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Many people talk about the truth and what they believe to be true.
However, what seems to be true to one person can seem to be false to another, so what IS Truth ?

How can you tell it apart from a lie or deception?

"The truth is from your Lord, so never be among the doubters. " (Quran)

"And say, 'The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills - let him believe; and whoever wills - let him disbelieve." (Quran)

"Alif, Lam, Meem, Ra. These are the verses of the Book; and what has been revealed to you from your Lord is the truth, but most of the people do not believe." (Quran)

" There is no god but He: how then are ye deluded away from the Truth?" (Quran)

I would believe those quotes if they were true.

Don't believe those quotes if they were not true.

I don't, because they aren't.

How can you say that? can you disprove those quotes?
uncung
Posts: 3,454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 8:25:27 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/27/2016 9:30:54 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/27/2016 1:02:56 AM, uncung wrote:
At 1/26/2016 8:41:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Many people talk about the truth and what they believe to be true.
However, what seems to be true to one person can seem to be false to another, so what IS Truth ?

How can you tell it apart from a lie or deception?

"The truth is from your Lord, so never be among the doubters. " (Quran)

That is about where truth comes from and does not answer the question " What is Truth?"

"And say, 'The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills - let him believe; and whoever wills - let him disbelieve." (Quran)

Again, That is about where truth comes from, it basically says you can believe it or not. It does not answer the question " What is Truth?"

"Alif, Lam, Meem, Ra. These are the verses of the Book; and what has been revealed to you from your Lord is the truth, but most of the people do not believe." (Quran)

Again, that does not answer the question " What is Truth?"

" There is no god but He: how then are ye deluded away from the Truth?" (Quran)

Again, that does not answer the question " What is Truth?"

Would you like to try again? Try communicating in your own words instead of quoting someone elses words which don't answer the question anyway.
Try thinking for a change instead of being a parrot.

I won't try it again.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 4:08:29 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 8:24:36 AM, uncung wrote:
At 1/27/2016 4:32:42 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/27/2016 7:25:36 AM, uncung wrote:
At 1/27/2016 3:09:30 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/27/2016 1:02:56 AM, uncung wrote:
At 1/26/2016 8:41:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Many people talk about the truth and what they believe to be true.
However, what seems to be true to one person can seem to be false to another, so what IS Truth ?

How can you tell it apart from a lie or deception?

"The truth is from your Lord, so never be among the doubters. " (Quran)

"And say, 'The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills - let him believe; and whoever wills - let him disbelieve." (Quran)

"Alif, Lam, Meem, Ra. These are the verses of the Book; and what has been revealed to you from your Lord is the truth, but most of the people do not believe." (Quran)

" There is no god but He: how then are ye deluded away from the Truth?" (Quran)

I would believe those quotes if they were true.

Don't believe those quotes if they were not true.

I don't, because they aren't.

How can you say that? can you disprove those quotes?

Why would I need to disprove something that can't be shown to exist? You could easily prove those quotes are true by showing us your God exists. But, we already know you nor anyone can do that, hence they are not true.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
uncung
Posts: 3,454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 4:45:49 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 4:08:29 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/28/2016 8:24:36 AM, uncung wrote:
At 1/27/2016 4:32:42 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/27/2016 7:25:36 AM, uncung wrote:
At 1/27/2016 3:09:30 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/27/2016 1:02:56 AM, uncung wrote:
At 1/26/2016 8:41:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Many people talk about the truth and what they believe to be true.
However, what seems to be true to one person can seem to be false to another, so what IS Truth ?

How can you tell it apart from a lie or deception?

"The truth is from your Lord, so never be among the doubters. " (Quran)

"And say, 'The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills - let him believe; and whoever wills - let him disbelieve." (Quran)

"Alif, Lam, Meem, Ra. These are the verses of the Book; and what has been revealed to you from your Lord is the truth, but most of the people do not believe." (Quran)

" There is no god but He: how then are ye deluded away from the Truth?" (Quran)

I would believe those quotes if they were true.

Don't believe those quotes if they were not true.

I don't, because they aren't.

How can you say that? can you disprove those quotes?

Why would I need to disprove something that can't be shown to exist? You could easily prove those quotes are true by showing us your God exists. But, we already know you nor anyone can do that, hence they are not true.

it means we both win, right?
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 4:52:56 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 4:45:49 PM, uncung wrote:
At 1/28/2016 4:08:29 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/28/2016 8:24:36 AM, uncung wrote:
At 1/27/2016 4:32:42 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/27/2016 7:25:36 AM, uncung wrote:
At 1/27/2016 3:09:30 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/27/2016 1:02:56 AM, uncung wrote:
At 1/26/2016 8:41:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Many people talk about the truth and what they believe to be true.
However, what seems to be true to one person can seem to be false to another, so what IS Truth ?

How can you tell it apart from a lie or deception?

"The truth is from your Lord, so never be among the doubters. " (Quran)

"And say, 'The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills - let him believe; and whoever wills - let him disbelieve." (Quran)

"Alif, Lam, Meem, Ra. These are the verses of the Book; and what has been revealed to you from your Lord is the truth, but most of the people do not believe." (Quran)

" There is no god but He: how then are ye deluded away from the Truth?" (Quran)

I would believe those quotes if they were true.

Don't believe those quotes if they were not true.

I don't, because they aren't.

How can you say that? can you disprove those quotes?

Why would I need to disprove something that can't be shown to exist? You could easily prove those quotes are true by showing us your God exists. But, we already know you nor anyone can do that, hence they are not true.

it means we both win, right?

This has nothing to do with winning and everything to do with what is true and what is not. The Quran has never shown itself to be true. I'm sure you believe it is true, but that is just delusion on your part.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 4:59:07 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Truth is that which comports with reality. If I tell you that the sky appears blue unless it's cloudy or dark, that comports with reality and is most likely true. If I tell you something exits that can affect your life yet I cannot demonstrate it in any meaningful way, it's probably not true. Truth resides in facts and empirically demonstrable assertions. It's not in empty assertions and arguments from authority.
uncung
Posts: 3,454
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 6:12:41 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 4:52:56 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/28/2016 4:45:49 PM, uncung wrote:
At 1/28/2016 4:08:29 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/28/2016 8:24:36 AM, uncung wrote:
At 1/27/2016 4:32:42 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/27/2016 7:25:36 AM, uncung wrote:
At 1/27/2016 3:09:30 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/27/2016 1:02:56 AM, uncung wrote:
At 1/26/2016 8:41:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Many people talk about the truth and what they believe to be true.
However, what seems to be true to one person can seem to be false to another, so what IS Truth ?

How can you tell it apart from a lie or deception?

"The truth is from your Lord, so never be among the doubters. " (Quran)

"And say, 'The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills - let him believe; and whoever wills - let him disbelieve." (Quran)

"Alif, Lam, Meem, Ra. These are the verses of the Book; and what has been revealed to you from your Lord is the truth, but most of the people do not believe." (Quran)

" There is no god but He: how then are ye deluded away from the Truth?" (Quran)

I would believe those quotes if they were true.

Don't believe those quotes if they were not true.

I don't, because they aren't.

How can you say that? can you disprove those quotes?

Why would I need to disprove something that can't be shown to exist? You could easily prove those quotes are true by showing us your God exists. But, we already know you nor anyone can do that, hence they are not true.

it means we both win, right?

This has nothing to do with winning and everything to do with what is true and what is not. The Quran has never shown itself to be true. I'm sure you believe it is true, but that is just delusion on your part.

I can prove the Quran is true. It is very easy. But can you disprove it is not true? you can't.
So, it is not merely believe in the vague scriptural book, but rather believe in the proven, validated, and verified book.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 6:19:56 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 6:12:41 PM, uncung wrote:
At 1/28/2016 4:52:56 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/28/2016 4:45:49 PM, uncung wrote:
At 1/28/2016 4:08:29 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/28/2016 8:24:36 AM, uncung wrote:
At 1/27/2016 4:32:42 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/27/2016 7:25:36 AM, uncung wrote:
At 1/27/2016 3:09:30 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/27/2016 1:02:56 AM, uncung wrote:
At 1/26/2016 8:41:57 PM, Skyangel wrote:
Many people talk about the truth and what they believe to be true.
However, what seems to be true to one person can seem to be false to another, so what IS Truth ?

How can you tell it apart from a lie or deception?

"The truth is from your Lord, so never be among the doubters. " (Quran)

"And say, 'The truth is from your Lord, so whoever wills - let him believe; and whoever wills - let him disbelieve." (Quran)

"Alif, Lam, Meem, Ra. These are the verses of the Book; and what has been revealed to you from your Lord is the truth, but most of the people do not believe." (Quran)

" There is no god but He: how then are ye deluded away from the Truth?" (Quran)

I would believe those quotes if they were true.

Don't believe those quotes if they were not true.

I don't, because they aren't.

How can you say that? can you disprove those quotes?

Why would I need to disprove something that can't be shown to exist? You could easily prove those quotes are true by showing us your God exists. But, we already know you nor anyone can do that, hence they are not true.

it means we both win, right?

This has nothing to do with winning and everything to do with what is true and what is not. The Quran has never shown itself to be true. I'm sure you believe it is true, but that is just delusion on your part.

I can prove the Quran is true.

No, you can't, you have made that claim before and it was just a lie.

It is very easy. But can you disprove it is not true? you can't.
So, it is not merely believe in the vague scriptural book, but rather believe in the proven, validated, and verified book.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth