Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

all the christians here criticizing Islam...

POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 6:04:25 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
and specially "brontoraptor" where your "love your enemy" emotional lovey dovy when it come to muslims? "turn the other cheek"... i only see hypocrites here... u say u believe something and your actions proves otherwise... remember what "Jesus" said in the NT about hypocrites?
Never fart near dog
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 6:27:20 PM
At 1/27/2016 6:04:25 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
and specially "brontoraptor" where your "love your enemy" emotional lovey dovy when it come to muslims? "turn the other cheek"... i only see hypocrites here... u say u believe something and your actions proves otherwise... remember what "Jesus" said in the NT about hypocrites?

I would agree with you in that Christians and Muslims who criticize each others religions are most certainly hypocrites, that they have no right to criticize when their own religion is as much or more ridiculous.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 6:34:27 PM
Muslims claim to be worshiping the same god as Abraham"s God, and it"s not true at all. So yes Christians will criticize Islam. Hindus don"t claim to be worshiping the same God of Abraham. And Christians usually don"t take an aggressive position with Hindus or Hinduism. Doesn"t mean Christians agree with Hinduism but Hinduism doesn"t claim to define Christianity or their God either.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 7:11:51 PM

Jesus corrected and guided where it was required, he never let people continue in ignorance or sin....

correcting what is wrong and against the word of God is what is expected of Christians..

If islam cannot stand criticism it merely shows it is afraid of being exposed for the lie it is...
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2016 8:39:33 PM

It's always wrong to harm others on the basis of preventing or punishing harms that cannot be independently proven.

Unfortunately religious zealots often do this, Popoo, and when they do they don't call it 'hate' -- even though it is. They call it 'righteousness', 'morality', 'piety', or 'obedience'.

Unquestionably, Christian zealots are doing this to Muslims and it is unjust, cruel and evil. You are also aware that Muslim zealots are doing it to Christians and fellow Muslims, and that it is also unjust and evil.

But sadly, you are doing it too by vilifying homosexuals, Popoo. [http://www.debate.org...] It doesn't justify the harms done to people of your faith, but your faith doesn't justify the harms you do to others either.

Not all religion makes men do evil in the misguided idea that they are doing good, but religious dogma is and has always been powerless to prevent religious zealots from doing so.

Whatever our metaphysics, we need critical thought, contestability of dogma, and accountability to our fellow man, Popoo. There is no alternative.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 2:54:28 AM
Intolerance of intolerance does not make you "intolerant". It means you stand against intolerance. Can a nonmuslim go to Mecca? Nope. Can a woman drive a car in Islam? Nope. Can a Muslim woman go out in public without a man? Nope. If a Muslim converts from Islam they are labeled apostates worthy of death and to be turned on by their own family, disowned. The sharia declares death to homosexuals. I am intollerant of intollerance. Why? Because I care about people, homosexuals, females, Muslims and nonmuslims alike. To those who are not Muslim, I want to protect them from Islam. To those who are Muslim, I want to protect them from Islam. Are all Muslims bad? Of course not. Is Islam bad and completely intollerant of all nonmuslims? A resounding yes.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 2:57:44 AM
I see many,many antichristian threads on here. I don't whine and complain about it. I contest the ideas with other ideas. That's the beauty of freedom of speech
ALL religions, ideologies, and political concepts should be contested, even mine.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 3:04:37 AM
I'll let an ex Muslim share their peace and exit the thread.

The views of an ex-Muslim

Tolerance of intolerance is cowardice." -Ayaan Hirsi Ali

I cannot emphasize enough how wrongheaded this is. Withholding criticism and ignoring differences are racism in its purest form. Yet these cultural experts fail to notice that, through their anxious avoidance of criticizing non-Western countries, they trap the people who represent these cultures in a state of backwardness. The experts may have the best of intentions, but as we all know, the road to hell is paved with good intentions." -Ayaan Hirsi Ali

However, some things must be said, and there are times when silence becomes an accomplice to injustice." -Ayaan Hirsi Ali

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 3:06:34 AM
"It's not that I'm anti Islam. It's that Islam is anti democracy and anti me."

Ayaan Hirsi Ali

POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 3:28:37 AM
At 1/27/2016 8:39:33 PM, RuvDraba wrote:

It's always wrong to harm others on the basis of preventing or punishing harms that cannot be independently proven.

Unfortunately religious zealots often do this, Popoo, and when they do they don't call it 'hate' -- even though it is. They call it 'righteousness', 'morality', 'piety', or 'obedience'.

Unquestionably, Christian zealots are doing this to Muslims and it is unjust, cruel and evil. You are also aware that Muslim zealots are doing it to Christians and fellow Muslims, and that it is also unjust and evil.

But sadly, you are doing it too by vilifying homosexuals, Popoo. [http://www.debate.org...] It doesn't justify the harms done to people of your faith, but your faith doesn't justify the harms you do to others either.

Not all religion makes men do evil in the misguided idea that they are doing good, but religious dogma is and has always been powerless to prevent religious zealots from doing so.

Whatever our metaphysics, we need critical thought, contestability of dogma, and accountability to our fellow man, Popoo. There is no alternative.

dude u dont understand between debating and mocking. its a debate place where people can debate on everything. including islam homosexuals and christianity. its not the same as trying to mock others. imagine i start my post with a mockery of homosexuals saying all kind of lies and posting endlessly stupid youtube links with got nothing to do with it only just for put down others. its not debating its to be an idiot.
Never fart near dog
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 3:50:28 AM
You yourself asked us to critisize
Islam, remember. You asked. You received.
http://www.debate.org...

RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 3:51:59 AM
At 1/28/2016 3:28:37 AM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 1/27/2016 8:39:33 PM, RuvDraba wrote:

dude u dont understand between debating and mocking. its a debate place where people can debate on everything. including islam homosexuals and christianity.
Yes, I agree.

its not the same as trying to mock others.
I don't agree that mocking is a problem, Popoo. Mocking is just a matter of tone. One can write any argument, no matter how serious, with a sarcastic tone. It may affect how agreeable and respectful the argument is, but doesn't affect how well-researched, well-reasoned or accurate.

What's significant is vilification: deliberately communicating false statements chosen to harm the reputation of individuals or groups. It's one thing to ask a question or offer a conjecture; it's another to attest false or unprovable statements whose principle purpose is to foster hate, when the member so attesting clearly hasn't cared to even verify the claim.

Whether such posts should be permitted by the site is not the issue. The issue is whether members will tolerate them unchallenged and uncontested.

In that respect, Popoo, I agree that some members (mostly militant Christian nationalists) vilify Muslims. I'm aware that our Muslim members seldom vilify Christians in return, and that is to your credit. However, I do think that you and some other Muslim members vilify homosexuals. I'm aware that Christian nationalists likely give you more provocation more often than homosexuals do, so I conclude that the issue is more one of dogma than personal animosity. However, the fact remains that you will defend vilification of groups you hate on grounds of dogma, yet object to vilification of your own group on similar grounds.

That doesn't strike me as a position seeking justice; it sounds to me like one seeking dogmatic privilege, and that's exactly my point: the hunt for dogmatic privilege makes men do evil, even when they mean well.