The Warnings in the Bible of False Prophets

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 12:58:04 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 12:15:35 PM, be_diligent wrote:
Anyone can research these terms for themselves.

https://www.youtube.com...

It is even easier to research it in scripture because scripture is very clear about what constitutes a false prophet.

The simplest definition is, one who does not do Jehovah's will Matthew 7:21-23.

One thing they all make clear is that the only true "prophets" in the original sense of the word, are the JWs, since they are the only ones who fit all the qualifications, and are selected by Jehovah to speak for him and his son.

However they are not prophets in the sense of foretelling events since all the events we need to know about were foretold long before the JWs came on the scene.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 1:01:12 PM
At 1/28/2016 12:58:04 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
One thing they all make clear is that the only true "prophets" in the original sense of the word, are the JWs, since they are the only ones who fit all the qualifications, and are selected by Jehovah to speak for him and his son.
hahahahaha
Every prophesy they have made has been proven wrong, how stupid can you get.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 1:20:15 PM

It is even easier to research it in scripture because scripture is very clear about what constitutes a false prophet.

However they are not prophets in the sense of foretelling events since all the events we need to know about were foretold long before the JWs came on the scene.

MC, I appreciate that you define what a false prophet is, biblically.

However, I wish that you would stop pushing a religion, and start pointing solely to Jesus. No religion will save anyone. Only Jesus, the REAL Jesus who died upon the cross and rose again. The only way, the only truth and the only life.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 1:22:58 PM
At 1/28/2016 1:20:15 PM, be_diligent wrote:

However, I wish that you would stop pushing a religion, and start pointing solely to Jesus. No religion will save anyone. Only Jesus, the REAL Jesus who died upon the cross and rose again. The only way, the only truth and the only life.

And how do you know this?
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 1:25:31 PM
At 1/28/2016 1:22:58 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

How do you not know this?
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 1:27:27 PM
At 1/28/2016 1:25:31 PM, be_diligent wrote:

Because right now you can get hot cross buns.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 1:50:51 PM
At 1/28/2016 1:01:12 PM, bulproof wrote:
hahahahaha

The JWs have never made a prophecy, just got pronouncements about the timing of prophecies already made wrong.

At least they have learned from their errors, and continue to learn.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 2:05:09 PM

Strictly speaking Jesus did not rise again, Jehovah's son, who became incarnate inJesus body was resurrected. Jesus was sacrificed, and had to remain sacrificed.

I concentrate on what Christ and the Apostles taught.

Christ taught his disciples to concentrate on the future, and the Apostles carried that on.

As scripture tells us, Jehovah is the one who saves, Christ made it possible for him to do so by sacrificing the blood and body of Jesus.

I concentrate on precisely what Christ said will save us.:

Love and worship of his father. (Deuteronomy 6:5; Luke10:27)

Love for fellow man (Leviticus 19:18; Luke10:27).

Getting to know his father and himself.

Doing his father's will (Matthew7:21-23).

Being united in faith (1 Corinthians 1:10; John 17:20-26; Matthew 7:13-14).

Doing works which demonstrate faith (James 2:14-17; MAtthew 7:21-23).

Pursuing truth. (John 4:23-24) Don't forget there can only be one truth.

Believing in God and Christ is not enough. (James 2:14-17, 19, 20).

Of course I promote a faith, the only true faith, the only one that fits all the requirements. What point is there in promoting the wrong one?

Christ promoted a single path to his father.

The Apostles promoted a single path to Jehovah and his son.

I worship and obey the same God that Christ worships and obeys.

So should you.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 2:10:53 PM
At 1/28/2016 1:27:27 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

Hot cross buns pre-date Christianity by centuries.

If you go to the British Museum, and down into the Assyrian Section you will find a wall frieze of a procession to the fertility goddess Astarte (AKA Ishtar).

In the procession you will see priests carrying trays.

If you look very closely at the trays you will see that they contain small buns with a cross on top of each.

Hot cross buns are part of a pagan ritual to a fertility Goddess a ritual which included Temple prostitution, and fertility symbols (eggs etc.)

It is no coincidence that the very name Easter is a corruption of Ishtar.

Ooops. Easter is a polluted ritual.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 2:13:35 PM

PS the real Christ is not, never was, and never will be, part of any trinity. Teaching the trinity is teaching a lie and therefore disqualifies any faith teaching it from being acceptable to Jehovah and his son. (John 4:23-24; Matthew 7:21-23).
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 2:22:52 PM

That evil sect has no idea of the truth!
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 2:28:06 PM
Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 28:19
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 2:37:58 PM
At 1/28/2016 1:50:51 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
hahahahaha

The JWs have never made a prophecy, just got pronouncements about the timing of prophecies already made wrong.

Yes you bloody did yeh twat! You lot once claimed to be prophets:

"This was the test - the coming down of fire; and the fulfillment exactly on time has proved that Pastor Russell was one of God's great reformers and prophets." Watchtower
1919 Oct 1 p.297

Furthermore, you lot have claimed the end of the world would be:

1874, 1914, 1925 and during 20th century generation. Now you simply say "It's soon". You've been saying that for 60 years to dodge any more embarrassment.

There's tones more to it: http://christinprophecy.org...

Oh of course, because the organisation directed by God himself makes human mistake, and God just doesn't seem to notice

BTW, the "607bc" date that the JWs base their predictions on is a lie. Jerusalem fell in 587 bc. That's a 20 year difference. In fact, I challenge you to give me one peice of evidence that Jerusalem fell on 607 bc.

Research it, I think you'll find it interesting...

...But I know you won't because your brainwashed!
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 2:49:25 PM
At 1/28/2016 2:05:09 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Strictly speaking Jesus did not rise again, Jehovah's son, who became incarnate inJesus body was resurrected. Jesus was sacrificed, and had to remain sacrificed.

No you idiot. Jesus rose and was seen by his apostles. Then he ascended to heaven. He didn't remain sacfriced.

Of course...even though a lot of it is contradictory.

Christ taught his disciples to concentrate on the future, and the Apostles carried that on.

Ok

As scripture tells us, Jehovah is the one who saves, Christ made it possible for him to do so by sacrificing the blood and body of Jesus.

How wonderful...he could have just stopped the devil but no, he has to make a bloody human sacrifice to forgive US humans for OUR sins which he basically GAVE TO US.

Ok

Old Testement is irrelevant but ok...

Ok

Ok

Ok

Ok...though it's also a contradiction with Ephesians 2:8 but ok...

Yes, and most of it isn't from the bible.

Contradicts Ephesians 2:8

Of course I promote a faith, the only true faith, the only one that fits all the requirements. What point is there in promoting the wrong one?

To get money like all religions do.

Ok

A single path to Jehovah AND his son? It seems you do believe in the trinity yeh twit.

Which God?

John 1:1 says that Jesus was the word, and the word was God blah blah blah. Basically, Jesus is God (it doesn't in your translation (NWT) because it's crap, but it does in every single other one that is actually a good translation).

So should you.

No I shouldn't. God the father is a horrible being,

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 2:50:44 PM
1 John 5:9

Since we believe human testimony, surely we can believe the greater testimony that comes from God. And God has testified about his Son.

1 John 5:10

Whoever believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself. Whoever does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has borne concerning his Son.

1 John 2:22

And who is a liar? Anyone who says that Jesus is not the Christ. Anyone who denies the Father and the Son is an antichrist.

John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 4:25; Acts 3:22-24; Deuteronomy 18:15; Luke 2:25, 38; John 1:41; John 1:45; Luke 23:51; Matthew 2:4-6; John 7:42; Matthew 26:63; Genesis 3:15; Genesis 22:18; Genesis 49:10; Genesis 14:18-20; Hebrews 7:15-17; Exodus 12; John 1:29; 1 Corinthians 5:7; Leviticus 16; Numbers 21:6-9; John 3:14; 2 Samuel 7:12-16; 1 Kings 9:5; Psalm 45:6-7; Psalm 110; Psalm 118:22-23; Psalm 41:9; Psalm 22; Psalm 16:8-10; Isaiah 7:14; Micah 5:2; Isaiah 9:6; Daniel 9:24-27; Zechariah 6:13; Isaiah 61:1-3; Isaiah 53:1; Zechariah 11:12; Isaiah 53; 1 Timothy 1:18; Matthew 27:22
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 2:57:39 PM
At 1/28/2016 2:10:53 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Ok, so?

If you go to the British Museum, and down into the Assyrian Section you will find a wall frieze of a procession to the fertility goddess Astarte (AKA Ishtar).

If you look very closely at the trays you will see that they contain small buns with a cross on top of each.

Source please.

Hot cross buns are part of a pagan ritual to a fertility Goddess a ritual which included Temple prostitution, and fertility symbols (eggs etc.)

Marriage rings are also pagan...do you wear those? So are certain funeral rituals. But you don't give a hoot do ya?

Yes, and ISIS must be linked to the Egyptian God Isis because they are both evil! Oooohhhh!

Anyway, source please!

Who cares. Who honestly cares.

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 3:06:59 PM
At 1/28/2016 2:57:39 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:

Ok, so?

Source please.

I told you, British Museum.

Marriage rings are also pagan...do you wear those? So are certain funeral rituals. But you don't give a hoot do ya?

Marriage rings are, I agree, but they are not part of any Pagan religious rite, and that is what counts, But in fact I have never worn one, for work related reasons.

Yes, and ISIS must be linked to the Egyptian God Isis because they are both evil! Oooohhhh!

I don't know where ISIS comes from because actually it is only IS (Islamic State).

Anyway, source please!

Jehovah cares.

Christ cares.

No-one else's opinion matters.
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 3:40:59 PM
At 1/28/2016 3:06:59 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/28/2016 2:57:39 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:

Ok, so?

Source please.

I told you, British Museum.

I'm not going to fly over to the British Museum just because some idiot on the internet says a bunch of Assyrian priests had buns! Give me a source or picture.

Marriage rings are, I agree, but they are not part of any Pagan religious rite, and that is what counts, But in fact I have never worn one, for work related reasons.

Oh sure sure lol.

And yes, the marriage rings DO have a pages religious background. To say otherwise is ludicrous. Egyptian wedding rings represent eternal love for one another, which goes against your whole "when you die your dead" thing.

I don't know where ISIS comes from because actually it is only IS (Islamic State).

They have many names, but I was trying to demonstrate that simply because a couple of names sound the same doesn't mean they are related at all. Besides, look at below...

Anyway, source please!

Jehovah cares.

Really? Where in the bible does its say "though shall not eat a bun that may be very loosely based of some Assyrian worship 3000 years ago because it hurts my feelings"? Hmmm?

Christ cares.

Really? Maybe facts are better?

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 3:45:23 PM
At 1/28/2016 2:50:44 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
1 John 5:9

Since we believe human testimony, surely we can believe the greater testimony that comes from God. And God has testified about his Son.

1 John 5:10

Whoever believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself. Whoever does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has borne concerning his Son.

1 John 2:22

And who is a liar? Anyone who says that Jesus is not the Christ. Anyone who denies the Father and the Son is an antichrist.

That is true, and I do not deny them. Those who believe in the trinity deny the truth of them, and worship a false God and a false Christ.

John 1:1

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

It is not difficult to demonstrate that:

That is a mistranslation.

It is also a deliberate one.

Much more accurate ones are:

1808 "and the Word was a god" - Thomas Belsham The New Testament, in An Improved Version, Upon the Basis of Archbishop Newcome"s New Translation: With a Corrected Text , London.

1822 "and the Word was a god." - The New Testament in Greek and English (A. Kneeland, 1822.);

1829 "and the Word was a god." - The Monotessaron; or, The Gospel History According to the Four Evangelists (J. S. Thompson, 1829);

1829 "and the Word was a god." - The Monotessaron; or, The Gospel History According to the Four Evangelists (J. S. Thompson, 1829);

1863 "and the Word was a god." - A Literal Translation Of The New Testament (Herman Heinfetter [Pseudonym of Frederick Parker], 1863);

1864 "the LOGOS was God, This was in the Beginning with God" A New Emphatic Version (right hand column) - But not the left hand column, note below.

1864 "and a god was the Word" (left hand column interlinear reading) The Emphatic Diaglott by Benjamin Wilson, New York and London. - Same transaltor with an altered translation, I wonder why the change?

1867 "In the beginning was the gospel preached through the Son. And the gospel was the word, and the word was with the Son, and the Son was with God, and the Son was of God" - The Joseph Smith Translation of the Bible. - but not God

1879 "and the Word was a god." - Das Evangelium nach Johannes (J. Becker, 1979);

1885 "and the Word was a god." - Concise Commentary On The Holy Bible (R. Young, 1885);

1911 "and the Word was a god." - The Coptic Version of the N.T. (G. W. Horner, 1911);

1935 "and the Word was divine" - The Bible"An American Translation, by John M. P. Smith and Edgar J. Goodspeed, Chicago. - But again, not God

1955 "so the Word was divine" - The Authentic New Testament, by Hugh J. Schonfield, Aberdeen. - But again, not God

1956 The Wuest Expanded Translation reads: "In the beginning the Word was existing. And the Word was in fellowship with God the Father. And the Word was as to His essence absolute deity"[8] - Again, the same essence, a spirit, but not God himself.

1958 "and the Word was a god." - The New Testament of Our Lord and Saviour Jesus Anointed" (J. L. Tomanec, 1958);

1962, 1979 "'the word was God.' Or, more literally, 'God was the word.'" The Four Gospels and the Revelation (R. Lattimore, 1979)

1966, 2001 The Good News Bible reads: "...and he was the same as God." - Yup he is, but that does not say he is God.

1970, 1989 The Revised English Bible reads: "...and what God was, the Word was." - Very true, both are spirits, just as the Angels are also.

1975 "and a god (or, of a divine kind) was the Word" Das Evangelium nach Johnnes, by Siegfried Schulz, G"ttingen, Germany

1975 "and the Word was a god." - Das Evangelium nach Johannes (S. Schulz, 1975);

1978 "and godlike sort was the Logos" - Das Evangelium nach Johannes, by Johannes Schneider, Berlin.

The point being that John 1:1 is not telling us who the Word is, but what his nature is, that he was, and is god-like in that like Jehovah and all the angels he was and is a spirit being.

In fact, as John 1:14 makes perfectly clear the word is not God, but the only begotten son of God.

How only begotten?

Because the Word was the only one God created all alone, and after creating him the two of them worked together, with his son being his masterworker, in creating everything else.

That is why Revelation 3 :14 calls him the beginning, or first act of creation by God, and that is how his only begotten son becomes his first-born.

That is also why he is called God's son, since he is one generation along from his father, as son's always are.

As John 1:14 states, the Word, God's only begotten son, AKA Michael, came to earth to occupy the specially prepared human body of Christ, in order to sacrifice it to make it possible for his father to bring us back to the holy state which Adam enjoyed before the fall. That is yet for the future.

Incidentally that is also why Jesus body was not resurrected, but the Christ was, as a spirit, in which state he visited the disobedient spirits in prison, before materialising a human body to visit his disciples and encourage them.

That in itself explains the otherwise impossible events described in John 20 and 21 as well as Luke 24.

John 4:25; Acts 3:22-24; Deuteronomy 18:15; Luke 2:25, 38; John 1:41; John 1:45; Luke 23:51; Matthew 2:4-6; John 7:42; Matthew 26:63; Genesis 3:15; Genesis 22:18; Genesis 49:10; Genesis 14:18-20; Hebrews 7:15-17; Exodus 12; John 1:29; 1 Corinthians 5:7; Leviticus 16; Numbers 21:6-9; John 3:14; 2 Samuel 7:12-16; 1 Kings 9:5; Psalm 45:6-7; Psalm 110; Psalm 118:22-23; Psalm 41:9; Psalm 22; Psalm 16:8-10; Isaiah 7:14; Micah 5:2; Isaiah 9:6; Daniel 9:24-27; Zechariah 6:13; Isaiah 61:1-3; Isaiah 53:1; Zechariah 11:12; Isaiah 53; 1 Timothy 1:18; Matthew 27:22

I am uncertain what point you are trying to make with those.

All I can say is that I believe exactly what they say, as does any JW. However I wonder if you do?

Isaiah 7:14 is often wrongly understood as a prophecy of Christ, which in fact it is not. It is a fore-gleam of the manner of his birth.

Why?

Because if you read the whole of that passage, Isaiah is giving King Ahaz a sign to encourage him. A sign which did not occur would not be any encouragement whatever, so in fact the virgin birth of the Christ was not unique, and Matthew was simply being reminded that it hd happened before.

The error comes in because people are usually pointed to that one verse with no explanation of the context whatever.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 3:46:32 PM
At 1/28/2016 3:40:59 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 1/28/2016 3:06:59 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Christ cares.

Really? Maybe facts are better?

The opinions of Christ and his father are fact. Simple as.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 3:49:59 PM
At 1/28/2016 2:49:25 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 1/28/2016 2:05:09 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

No you idiot. Jesus rose and was seen by his apostles. Then he ascended to heaven. He didn't remain sacfriced.

Of course...even though a lot of it is contradictory.

Ok

How wonderful...he could have just stopped the devil but no, he has to make a bloody human sacrifice to forgive US humans for OUR sins which he basically GAVE TO US.

Ok

Old Testement is irrelevant but ok...

Ok

Ok

Ok

Ok...though it's also a contradiction with Ephesians 2:8 but ok...

Yes, and most of it isn't from the bible.

Contradicts Ephesians 2:8

To get money like all religions do.

Ok

A single path to Jehovah AND his son? It seems you do believe in the trinity yeh twit.

Which God?

John 1:1 says that Jesus was the word, and the word was God blah blah blah. Basically, Jesus is God (it doesn't in your translation (NWT) because it's crap, but it does in every single other one that is actually a good translation).

So should you.

No I shouldn't. God the father is a horrible being,

Not in the least, even those things which many claim are horrible were done purely out of necessity in the defence of his loyal ones.

Were he horrible in fact, his son would not have worshipped him, but in fact one of the reasons his son came to earth was so that we could get to know how the father thinks. 1 Corinthians 2:16.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 3:55:30 PM
At 1/28/2016 2:37:58 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:
hahahahaha

Yes you bloody did yeh twat! You lot once claimed to be prophets:

"This was the test - the coming down of fire; and the fulfillment exactly on time has proved that Pastor Russell was one of God's great reformers and prophets." Watchtower
1919 Oct 1 p.297

Furthermore, you lot have claimed the end of the world would be:

1874, 1914, 1925 and during 20th century generation. Now you simply say "It's soon". You've been saying that for 60 years to dodge any more embarrassment.

There's tones more to it: http://christinprophecy.org...

Oh of course, because the organisation directed by God himself makes human mistake, and God just doesn't seem to notice

BTW, the "607bc" date that the JWs base their predictions on is a lie. Jerusalem fell in 587 bc. That's a 20 year difference. In fact, I challenge you to give me one peice of evidence that Jerusalem fell on 607 bc.

On the contrary. 607 is the date it works out to using bible chronology,and I will happily take the Bibles word over any human historian.

http://wol.jw.org... (part 1).
http://wol.jw.org... (Part 2)

Those two articles take you through the scriptural and historical reasons for the date 607. Personally, it is the scriptural evidence that I care about.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 3:59:10 PM

I have researched it, numerous times.

You apparently have not researched it as thoroughly.

We are all brainwashed either by Satan's system or by Jehovah's.

Brainwashing is, after all, only education by another name, but we are generally not honest enough to admit that, instead we only apply it to education we don't agree with.

I chose Jehovah's system to brainwash me decades ago.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 4:05:05 PM

Gee. That is not self serving, circular, or engineered at all.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 4:10:29 PM
At 1/28/2016 3:59:10 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

I have researched it, numerous times.

You apparently have not researched it as thoroughly.

We are all brainwashed either by Satan's system or by Jehovah's.

Brainwashing is, after all, only education by another name, but we are generally not honest enough to admit that, instead we only apply it to education we don't agree with.

I chose Jehovah's system to brainwash me decades ago.

Yashua's system is to seek HIM and Him alone!

The Apostle Paul would yell at you if he were here....

1 Corinthians 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
1 Corinthians 3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
1 Corinthians 3:5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?
1 Corinthians 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

So what say you MC, "I am of Jehovah's witnesses?"

Like that religion is going to save you....turn to the truth!
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 4:34:46 PM
Aaah, yes. They are a familiar sight walking through residential areas, all dressed up with their Bibles and literature. Eagerly, they go from house to house ready and willing to warn of a looming doomsday they believe the Bible foretells.

These folks would be Jehovah"s Witnesses, and their ministry has been the subject of controversy from its inception. Their "in your face" approach to religion has historically been met with mixed feelings.

Modern democratic society does generally allow people to visit homes with a religious message, but what if their motives are more far-reaching? Suppose their endgame is to acquire a new volunteer for their religious corporation, and they"re willing to stretch the truth to make this happen? Is it right of them to bring deception to people"s doorsteps in an attempt to increase their chances of gaining a human resource?

What I am astonished by is how Jehovah"s Witnesses don"t immediately tell those to whom they preach the whole story of what it means to be in their religion. One example of this is that they don"t explain that membership in "good standing" requires a special type of maintenance, if you will.

Retaining a "good standing" as a JW requires maintaining a, let's call it, social distance from unbelievers. Before you can even join you"ll be expected to change your standards as regards relationships, and keep it that way.

What Witness preachers neglect to mention early on is that joining them could very well mean breaking ties with friends and family. That crucial information doesn"t come in until much later. No deceptive practice there.

In the beginning, they"ll say a simple home Bible study under their ways, using only their literature, will answer all of life"s big questions. It"s going to be quite some time before they start to list the "bad associates" you must avoid if you wish to make progress.

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 4:35:01 PM
hahahahaha

They claimed they were prophesies str8 from hoova. So they are false prophets.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 4:35:03 PM
hahahahaha

Why did they continue to make pronouncements even after getting it wrong for over a 100 years. That is like you continuing as a serial aldulterer even after your first and second divorce. Then advancing to unnatural sexual acts and finally trying to raise money on Gofundme.com for exoctic Asians. You are a perverted degenerate. Any wonder why you remain disfellowshipped and shunned by the JW for over a decade.

That is easier said than done. If it was easy you would have overcome your perversion for unnatural sexual acts like sodomy and sticking your face up women's backside. That would have qualified you to be reinstated by the JW. Instead you are forced to live alone with animals. Try to practice what you preach.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 4:43:58 PM
Let's take a peek at the Watch tower of JW's