Total Posts:67|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Christians: 0 Atheists: 9001

AWSM0055
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 4:04:11 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Here I will demonstrate that the bible is stupid and should never be taken literally:

Bible says earth is flat (Isaiah 40:22 uses Hebrew word for "circle" which only means "circle" and not "sphere" as some ludicrous Christians claim. Furthermore, Isaiah 22:18 actually uses the Hebrew word for "sphere" there, so there is a different Hebrew word for "sphere" altogether). Isaiah 40:22 clearly states that the earth is a flat disk.

Bible also rejects evolution which is a well supported and robust theory.

Bible also says universe is geocentric (Joshua 10:13)

Bible says earth has foundations (Job 38:4, Psalm 104:5)

Bible says some insects and birds have four feet (Leviticus 11:20)

Bible says that Pi is 3.0 (1 Kings 7:23 - 26 and 2 Chronicles 4:2 - 5)

Bible says earth has firmament (Gensis 1:6)

Bible also says vegetation was made before sun existed (Genesis 1:12, Gensis 1:16)

None of the above is in accordance with reality. Bible is wrong. Admit it.

In conclusion, all I can say is:

You're history! You've had it! You're done for! It's all over! We win! Time's up! Your clock is cleaned! The sun has set! The fat lady has sung! The cheese has molded! Christianity is no more!

...But let me guess, "It's a metaphor"...I'm just waiting for someone to say it...
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 6:27:29 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
In accordance with the Paleantologist holy book. Atheists don't know what's in their holy book.

Atheist Science

"July 1895, a party of miners working near Bridal Veil Falls, California, found the tomb of woman whose skeletal remains were six-feet-eight inches in length. The miners had found the Amazon behind a wall of rock that had been shaped and fitted together with an apparent knowledge of masonry. When they had broken through the wall, they hoped that they had stumbled upon some ancient treasure trove. Instead of gold or jewels, the miners remains of a woman whose skeletal frame measured six-feet-eight inches in height. The mysterious madonna had been wrapped in animal skins and covered with a fine gray powder. She clutched the remains of a child to her breast.

Scientists in Los Angeles agreed that the mummy was that of a woman from a race that had flourished on the continent long before any of the Native American tribes had become dominant. Their learned consensus was that she would have stood over seven feet tall in life, thereby making the males of her kind at least eight feet tall."

www.bradandsherry.com/ancientrabtexts.htm

"What you have to remember is that Egypt has monuments such as the Sphinx that are 30, 000 years old."

www.city-data.com/forum/history/554353-what-came-before-ancient-egypt-babylon.html

Ambulocetus and Rotocetus

http://www.amnh.org...

The Science of Ambulocetus Rodhocetus

http://youtu.be...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 6:29:30 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Atheists believe in mythology

"The giant birds of Native American mythology"

http://www.native-languages.org...

-Cigwe (more commonly spelled Chequa or Chequah) is the Potawatomi Thunderbird, a giant mythological bird common to the northern and western tribes.

www.native-languages.org/cigwe.htm

-Culloo was a giant bird of prey, said to eat humans and be large enough to carry off a child.

www.native-languages.org/culloo.htm

"Terror birds"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

"Titanis" giant bird

http://www.prehistoric-wildlife.com...

It was once believed that Titanis became extinct in North America around the time of the arrival of humans, but subsequent datings of Titanis fossils provided no evidence for their survival after 1.8 Ma. Still, reports from Uruguay of new findings dating to 450,000 and 17,000 years ago, would imply that some phorusrhacids survived there until very recently (i.e., until the late Pleistocene); but this claim is debated.

http://www.prehistoric-wildlife.com...

The Water Leaper, also known as Llamhigyn Y Dwr, is an evil creature from Welsh folklore that lived in swamps and ponds.

It is described as a giant frog with a bat's wings instead of forelegs, no hind legs, and a long, lizard-like tail with a stinger at the end. It jumps across the water using its wings, hence its name.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

A flying frog (also called a gliding frog) is a frog that has the ability to achieve gliding flight. That is, it can descend at an angle of less than 45" relative to the horizontal. Other (non-flying) arboreal frogs can also descend vertically, but only at angles greater than 45", which is referred to as parachuting.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

During an archaeological dig in Sayre, Bradford County, Pennsylvania"a number of human remains were dug up. The skeletons of these artifacts were all anatomically correct for human beings, but they had one odd feature, projections (horns)"protruding"from the skull above the eyebrow. The fact that they had horns and that they would have been seven feet tall in real life provides people with reason to doubt the "authenticity" of these remains. However, this was not the first time skulls like this were discovered. Similar skulls have been found in Wellsville, New York and El Paso, Texas. The remains were sent to the American Investigating Museum in"Philadelphia, were they were"conveniently"stolen never to be seen again.

Another mysterious case of skulls, are the notable Peruvian skulls excavated near Nazca. Similarly to the horned skulls, they were believed to have been very tall, up to nine feet! This odd"phenomenon was also found in Mexico, just as the horned skulls were found at other locations. The difference though, is that these skulls" cranial portion are elongated to an unbelievable extent.

anthropology.msu.edu/anp264-ss13/2013/04/25/mysterious-skulls-found-around-the-world

Human skulls with human horns

http://locklip.com...

http://godinanutshell.com...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 6:37:26 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
brontoraptor u know u r an idiot right? u r not responding. u reacting with bulsh1t throwing usual random stuff. what they brainwashd u so much man oh i almost forgot go get a job.
Never fart near dog
Vaarka
Posts: 7,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 6:38:50 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 6:37:26 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
brontoraptor u know u r an idiot right? u r not responding. u reacting with bulsh1t throwing usual random stuff. what they brainwashd u so much man oh i almost forgot go get a job.

^ Unintelligence ladies and gentlemen.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
POPOO5560
Posts: 2,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 6:40:36 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 6:38:50 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 1/28/2016 6:37:26 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
brontoraptor u know u r an idiot right? u r not responding. u reacting with bulsh1t throwing usual random stuff. what they brainwashd u so much man oh i almost forgot go get a job.

^ Unintelligence ladies and gentlemen.

and who r u his brother? :D
Never fart near dog
Torton
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 6:59:11 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 6:29:30 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Atheists believe in mythology

"The giant birds of Native American mythology"

http://www.native-languages.org...

-Cigwe (more commonly spelled Chequa or Chequah) is the Potawatomi Thunderbird, a giant mythological bird common to the northern and western tribes.

www.native-languages.org/cigwe.htm

-Culloo was a giant bird of prey, said to eat humans and be large enough to carry off a child.

www.native-languages.org/culloo.htm
That's literally Native American mythology. Why would atheists believe in Native American mythology? Hint: it's because they don't.
"Terror birds"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...
What's your point? "Terror birds" is just a colloquial. It even says so in the first sentence of that Wikipedia link.

"Titanis" giant bird

http://www.prehistoric-wildlife.com...

It was once believed that Titanis became extinct in North America around the time of the arrival of humans, but subsequent datings of Titanis fossils provided no evidence for their survival after 1.8 Ma. Still, reports from Uruguay of new findings dating to 450,000 and 17,000 years ago, would imply that some phorusrhacids survived there until very recently (i.e., until the late Pleistocene); but this claim is debated.

http://www.prehistoric-wildlife.com...
That's how science works. We can't be sure of something without evidence, especially in archeology. And both contradictory and supporting evidence are good, because we gain new information that helps refine the things we know.
The Water Leaper, also known as Llamhigyn Y Dwr, is an evil creature from Welsh folklore that lived in swamps and ponds.

It is described as a giant frog with a bat's wings instead of forelegs, no hind legs, and a long, lizard-like tail with a stinger at the end. It jumps across the water using its wings, hence its name.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

A flying frog (also called a gliding frog) is a frog that has the ability to achieve gliding flight. That is, it can descend at an angle of less than 45" relative to the horizontal. Other (non-flying) arboreal frogs can also descend vertically, but only at angles greater than 45", which is referred to as parachuting.
Atheists don't believe in folklore.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...
Stranger species have been discovered.

During an archaeological dig in Sayre, Bradford County, Pennsylvania"a number of human remains were dug up. The skeletons of these artifacts were all anatomically correct for human beings, but they had one odd feature, projections (horns)"protruding"from the skull above the eyebrow. The fact that they had horns and that they would have been seven feet tall in real life provides people with reason to doubt the "authenticity" of these remains. However, this was not the first time skulls like this were discovered. Similar skulls have been found in Wellsville, New York and El Paso, Texas. The remains were sent to the American Investigating Museum in"Philadelphia, were they were"conveniently"stolen never to be seen again.

Another mysterious case of skulls, are the notable Peruvian skulls excavated near Nazca. Similarly to the horned skulls, they were believed to have been very tall, up to nine feet! This odd"phenomenon was also found in Mexico, just as the horned skulls were found at other locations. The difference though, is that these skulls" cranial portion are elongated to an unbelievable extent.

anthropology.msu.edu/anp264-ss13/2013/04/25/mysterious-skulls-found-around-the-world

Human skulls with human horns

http://locklip.com...

http://godinanutshell.com...
Hoax. No experts have confirmed any of these "horned" skulls. http://listverse.com...
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:08:55 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 4:04:11 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Here I will demonstrate that the bible is stupid and should never be taken literally:

Bible says earth is flat (Isaiah 40:22 uses Hebrew word for "circle" which only means "circle" and not "sphere" as some ludicrous Christians claim. Furthermore, Isaiah 22:18 actually uses the Hebrew word for "sphere" there, so there is a different Hebrew word for "sphere" altogether). Isaiah 40:22 clearly states that the earth is a flat disk.

Bible also rejects evolution which is a well supported and robust theory.

Bible also says universe is geocentric (Joshua 10:13)

Bible says earth has foundations (Job 38:4, Psalm 104:5)

Bible says some insects and birds have four feet (Leviticus 11:20)

Bible says that Pi is 3.0 (1 Kings 7:23 - 26 and 2 Chronicles 4:2 - 5)

Bible says earth has firmament (Gensis 1:6)

Bible also says vegetation was made before sun existed (Genesis 1:12, Gensis 1:16)

None of the above is in accordance with reality. Bible is wrong. Admit it.

In conclusion, all I can say is:

You're history! You've had it! You're done for! It's all over! We win! Time's up! Your clock is cleaned! The sun has set! The fat lady has sung! The cheese has molded! Christianity is no more!




















...But let me guess, "It's a metaphor"...I'm just waiting for someone to say it...

All you are doing is arguing that the literal interpretation of all or parts of the Bible is not true, not that the Bible isn't true.

essentially, this is not a win for atheism over Christianity, it's just an argument that insists that if snakes can talk and we accept the literal interpretation then atheism is true, Not that the metaphorical framework people use as a guidance that has led us thus far in the western world say's anything about the non-existence of God.

In any case, Christianity could well be flawed or even false, but that does not mean that any type of God does not exist, which is what atheism implies.
Vaarka
Posts: 7,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:11:25 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 6:40:36 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 1/28/2016 6:38:50 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 1/28/2016 6:37:26 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
brontoraptor u know u r an idiot right? u r not responding. u reacting with bulsh1t throwing usual random stuff. what they brainwashd u so much man oh i almost forgot go get a job.

^ Unintelligence ladies and gentlemen.

and who r u his brother? :D

No, but it's threads like these and posts like yours that usually remind me of why I tend to avoid this forum.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:34:09 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 6:59:11 PM, Torton wrote:
At 1/28/2016 6:29:30 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Atheists believe in mythology

"The giant birds of Native American mythology"

http://www.native-languages.org...

-Cigwe (more commonly spelled Chequa or Chequah) is the Potawatomi Thunderbird, a giant mythological bird common to the northern and western tribes.

www.native-languages.org/cigwe.htm

-Culloo was a giant bird of prey, said to eat humans and be large enough to carry off a child.

www.native-languages.org/culloo.htm
That's literally Native American mythology. Why would atheists believe in Native American mythology? Hint: it's because they don't.
"Terror birds"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...
What's your point? "Terror birds" is just a colloquial. It even says so in the first sentence of that Wikipedia link.

"Titanis" giant bird

http://www.prehistoric-wildlife.com...

It was once believed that Titanis became extinct in North America around the time of the arrival of humans, but subsequent datings of Titanis fossils provided no evidence for their survival after 1.8 Ma. Still, reports from Uruguay of new findings dating to 450,000 and 17,000 years ago, would imply that some phorusrhacids survived there until very recently (i.e., until the late Pleistocene); but this claim is debated.

http://www.prehistoric-wildlife.com...
That's how science works. We can't be sure of something without evidence, especially in archeology. And both contradictory and supporting evidence are good, because we gain new information that helps refine the things we know.
The Water Leaper, also known as Llamhigyn Y Dwr, is an evil creature from Welsh folklore that lived in swamps and ponds.

It is described as a giant frog with a bat's wings instead of forelegs, no hind legs, and a long, lizard-like tail with a stinger at the end. It jumps across the water using its wings, hence its name.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org...

A flying frog (also called a gliding frog) is a frog that has the ability to achieve gliding flight. That is, it can descend at an angle of less than 45" relative to the horizontal. Other (non-flying) arboreal frogs can also descend vertically, but only at angles greater than 45", which is referred to as parachuting.
Atheists don't believe in folklore.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org...
Stranger species have been discovered.

During an archaeological dig in Sayre, Bradford County, Pennsylvania"a number of human remains were dug up. The skeletons of these artifacts were all anatomically correct for human beings, but they had one odd feature, projections (horns)"protruding"from the skull above the eyebrow. The fact that they had horns and that they would have been seven feet tall in real life provides people with reason to doubt the "authenticity" of these remains. However, this was not the first time skulls like this were discovered. Similar skulls have been found in Wellsville, New York and El Paso, Texas. The remains were sent to the American Investigating Museum in"Philadelphia, were they were"conveniently"stolen never to be seen again.

Another mysterious case of skulls, are the notable Peruvian skulls excavated near Nazca. Similarly to the horned skulls, they were believed to have been very tall, up to nine feet! This odd"phenomenon was also found in Mexico, just as the horned skulls were found at other locations. The difference though, is that these skulls" cranial portion are elongated to an unbelievable extent.

anthropology.msu.edu/anp264-ss13/2013/04/25/mysterious-skulls-found-around-the-world

Human skulls with human horns

http://locklip.com...

http://godinanutshell.com...
Hoax. No experts have confirmed any of these "horned" skulls. http://listverse.com...

Evolution must be true for Atheism to be true. I'm assuming you are not an Atheist who believes reality poofed into existance. Ta da! No? I assume not. So evolution must be true for Atheism to be true.

Now we embark on the "walking whale", an "intermediate(intermediates are very very rare by the way.) Rodhocetus was supposedly the intermediate from ambulocetus. It had flippers, a fluked take and legs right just as evolutionists told us? Just as the diagrams showed right?

And Rodhocetus was scientific by god! Science. Always science. Evolution is "science". Is it? Let's find out.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:35:47 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 6:38:50 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 1/28/2016 6:37:26 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
brontoraptor u know u r an idiot right? u r not responding. u reacting with bulsh1t throwing usual random stuff. what they brainwashd u so much man oh i almost forgot go get a job.

^ Unintelligence ladies and gentlemen.

Hi PoPoo. Isnt 2 accounts means for banishment?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:38:13 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
How the "science" of evolution actually works. Let's find out!

http://youtu.be...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Vaarka
Posts: 7,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:50:20 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 7:35:47 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 1/28/2016 6:38:50 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 1/28/2016 6:37:26 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
brontoraptor u know u r an idiot right? u r not responding. u reacting with bulsh1t throwing usual random stuff. what they brainwashd u so much man oh i almost forgot go get a job.

^ Unintelligence ladies and gentlemen.

Hi PoPoo. Isnt 2 accounts means for banishment?

Why'd you respond to me?
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:53:31 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 6:40:36 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 1/28/2016 6:38:50 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 1/28/2016 6:37:26 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
brontoraptor u know u r an idiot right? u r not responding. u reacting with bulsh1t throwing usual random stuff. what they brainwashd u so much man oh i almost forgot go get a job.

^ Unintelligence ladies and gentlemen.

and who r u his brother? :D

You believe thighing a 6 year old Aisha is okay because the prophet had devine sexual prominance, his 11 wives and multiple divorces is cool, and that he initially thought to be demon posessed, while later believing his revelation came from a demon, then becoming suicidal he rode a human faced unicorn to Heaven. Cricket...cricket...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:56:29 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 7:50:20 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 1/28/2016 7:35:47 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 1/28/2016 6:38:50 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 1/28/2016 6:37:26 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
brontoraptor u know u r an idiot right? u r not responding. u reacting with bulsh1t throwing usual random stuff. what they brainwashd u so much man oh i almost forgot go get a job.

^ Unintelligence ladies and gentlemen.

Hi PoPoo. Isnt 2 accounts means for banishment?

Why'd you respond to me?

I didn't mean to. My apologies.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Vaarka
Posts: 7,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:57:12 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 7:56:29 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 1/28/2016 7:50:20 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 1/28/2016 7:35:47 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 1/28/2016 6:38:50 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 1/28/2016 6:37:26 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
brontoraptor u know u r an idiot right? u r not responding. u reacting with bulsh1t throwing usual random stuff. what they brainwashd u so much man oh i almost forgot go get a job.

^ Unintelligence ladies and gentlemen.

Hi PoPoo. Isnt 2 accounts means for banishment?

Why'd you respond to me?

I didn't mean to. My apologies.

Lol, tis fine.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Torton
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:57:38 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 7:34:09 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Evolution must be true for Atheism to be true. I'm assuming you are not an Atheist who believes reality poofed into existance. Ta da! No? I assume not. So evolution must be true for Atheism to be true.
No it doesn't? Evolution and atheism are independent of each other. A Christian can be an evolutionist, and in the same vein, an atheist can eschew it. Just because it's a commonly held upon among atheists, don't make one tied to another, or that X must be true for Y to be.
Torton
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 7:59:16 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 7:57:38 PM, Torton wrote:
At 1/28/2016 7:34:09 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Evolution must be true for Atheism to be true. I'm assuming you are not an Atheist who believes reality poofed into existance. Ta da! No? I assume not. So evolution must be true for Atheism to be true.
No it doesn't? Evolution and atheism are independent of each other. A Christian can be an evolutionist, and in the same vein, an atheist can eschew it. Just because it's a commonly held upon among atheists, don't make one tied to another, or that X must be true for Y to be.

Also, atheism specifically, is less of a matter of truth, and more of a matter of opinion.
Glitter2998
Posts: 177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 8:01:30 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 4:04:11 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Here I will demonstrate that the bible is stupid and should never be taken literally:

Bible says earth is flat (Isaiah 40:22 uses Hebrew word for "circle" which only means "circle" and not "sphere" as some ludicrous Christians claim. Furthermore, Isaiah 22:18 actually uses the Hebrew word for "sphere" there, so there is a different Hebrew word for "sphere" altogether). Isaiah 40:22 clearly states that the earth is a flat disk.

Bible also rejects evolution which is a well supported and robust theory.

Bible also says universe is geocentric (Joshua 10:13)

Bible says earth has foundations (Job 38:4, Psalm 104:5)

Bible says some insects and birds have four feet (Leviticus 11:20)

Bible says that Pi is 3.0 (1 Kings 7:23 - 26 and 2 Chronicles 4:2 - 5)

Bible says earth has firmament (Gensis 1:6)

Bible also says vegetation was made before sun existed (Genesis 1:12, Gensis 1:16)

None of the above is in accordance with reality. Bible is wrong. Admit it.

In conclusion, all I can say is:

You're history! You've had it! You're done for! It's all over! We win! Time's up! Your clock is cleaned! The sun has set! The fat lady has sung! The cheese has molded! Christianity is no more!










Okay. First of all, the fat lady hasn't sung yet. Second, Do you realize what you are teaching the young Christians on this site? They may fall under your spell and totally destroy their lives. I am a Christian and I know that the Bible is the truest document on the Earth. The Bible has so much knowledge in it. I read it whenever I have a bad day at school, or when I think I hate someone. after I read the Bible, I feel clean, and refreshed.









...But let me guess, "It's a metaphor"...I'm just waiting for someone to say it...
"Everyone wants happiness, no one wants pain. But you can't have a rainbow without a little rain. "-Me.

Wanna
Vaarka
Posts: 7,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 8:06:11 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 7:57:38 PM, Torton wrote:
At 1/28/2016 7:34:09 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Evolution must be true for Atheism to be true. I'm assuming you are not an Atheist who believes reality poofed into existance. Ta da! No? I assume not. So evolution must be true for Atheism to be true.
No it doesn't? Evolution and atheism are independent of each other. A Christian can be an evolutionist, and in the same vein, an atheist can eschew it. Just because it's a commonly held upon among atheists, don't make one tied to another, or that X must be true for Y to be.

Evolution is a theory that basically says that different kinds of organisms developed from another organism or form, typically before their time.
Atheism is a belief that there is no god.
At least, those are my two ideas of what they are. So yeah, while usually associated together, they aren't the same thing.
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Vaarka
Posts: 7,655
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 8:07:10 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 8:01:30 PM, Glitter2998 wrote:
At 1/28/2016 4:04:11 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Here I will demonstrate that the bible is stupid and should never be taken literally:

Bible says earth is flat (Isaiah 40:22 uses Hebrew word for "circle" which only means "circle" and not "sphere" as some ludicrous Christians claim. Furthermore, Isaiah 22:18 actually uses the Hebrew word for "sphere" there, so there is a different Hebrew word for "sphere" altogether). Isaiah 40:22 clearly states that the earth is a flat disk.

Bible also rejects evolution which is a well supported and robust theory.

Bible also says universe is geocentric (Joshua 10:13)

Bible says earth has foundations (Job 38:4, Psalm 104:5)

Bible says some insects and birds have four feet (Leviticus 11:20)

Bible says that Pi is 3.0 (1 Kings 7:23 - 26 and 2 Chronicles 4:2 - 5)

Bible says earth has firmament (Gensis 1:6)

Bible also says vegetation was made before sun existed (Genesis 1:12, Gensis 1:16)

None of the above is in accordance with reality. Bible is wrong. Admit it.

In conclusion, all I can say is:

You're history! You've had it! You're done for! It's all over! We win! Time's up! Your clock is cleaned! The sun has set! The fat lady has sung! The cheese has molded! Christianity is no more!










Okay. First of all, the fat lady hasn't sung yet. Second, Do you realize what you are teaching the young Christians on this site? They may fall under your spell and totally destroy their lives. I am a Christian and I know that the Bible is the truest document on the Earth. The Bible has so much knowledge in it. I read it whenever I have a bad day at school, or when I think I hate someone. after I read the Bible, I feel clean, and refreshed.*









...But let me guess, "It's a metaphor"...I'm just waiting for someone to say it...

fix'd for glitter (what she said was italicized with the previous OP)
You're probably thinking right now "haha I'm a genius". Well you're not -Valkrin

inferno: "I don't know, are you attracted to women?"
ButterCatX: "No, Vaarka is mine!"

All hail scum Vaarka, wielder of the bastard sword, smiter of nations, destroyer of spiders -VOT

"Vaarka, I've been thinking about this for a long time now," (pulls out small box made of macaroni) "W-will you be my noodle buddy?" -Kirigaya
Torton
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 8:22:05 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 8:06:11 PM, Vaarka wrote:
At 1/28/2016 7:57:38 PM, Torton wrote:
At 1/28/2016 7:34:09 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Evolution must be true for Atheism to be true. I'm assuming you are not an Atheist who believes reality poofed into existance. Ta da! No? I assume not. So evolution must be true for Atheism to be true.
No it doesn't? Evolution and atheism are independent of each other. A Christian can be an evolutionist, and in the same vein, an atheist can eschew it. Just because it's a commonly held upon among atheists, don't make one tied to another, or that X must be true for Y to be.

Evolution is a theory that basically says that different kinds of organisms developed from another organism or form, typically before their time.
Eh, there's more to it than that, but pretty much.
Atheism is a belief that there is no god.
Disbelief in any god or gods. Specifically stating that there is no god is gnostic atheism
At least, those are my two ideas of what they are. So yeah, while usually associated together, they aren't the same thing.
Naturally.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 8:31:16 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Atheism needs Evolution
"The Fairytale"

http://bevets.com...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 8:36:28 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
"Biology is the study of complicated things that have the appearance of having been designed with a purpose."

"My thoughts, my beliefs, my feelings are all in my brain. My brain is going to rot."

"We cannot, of course, disprove God."

-Richard Dawkins, Biologist, Atheist, Author
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Torton
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 8:36:44 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 8:33:59 PM, Torton wrote:
At 1/28/2016 8:31:16 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Atheism needs Evolution
"The Fairytale"

http://bevets.com...
No one's going to take that seriously.
Also, I just noticed that's it entirely quotes with no reasoning of it's own, so take this quoted statement and apply it tenfold.
Torton
Posts: 988
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 8:39:35 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 8:36:28 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
"We cannot, of course, disprove God."
And likewise, Christians can't prove the existence of God, I don't know why so many people go hysterical when a public atheist says something like this, when it's true of both sides.
Vox_Veritas
Posts: 7,086
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 9:18:38 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
5 centz im mor AWSM then u
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 9:33:48 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/28/2016 4:04:11 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Here I will demonstrate that the bible is stupid and should never be taken literally:

Bible says earth is flat (Isaiah 40:22 uses Hebrew word for "circle" which only means "circle" and not "sphere" as some ludicrous Christians claim.

How can you be taken seriously, when you fail right at the beginning?

Isaiah 40:22 don"t say that earth is flat. That is your own wrong idea that has nothing to support it. But perhaps you just don"t understand 3 dimensions. Maybe you should get a ball and practice to draw circles on it. :)