Total Posts:69|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Either put up or SHUT UP

Eliyahu
Posts: 242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 6:33:27 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Bs"d

Either prove that God does not exists or stop claiming He doesn't. Atheism needs to be critiqued in the same fashion we would critique any other hypothesis. Seems a lot of atheists get a "free pass" in many cultures due to people not wanting to offend (I hate this word because of its subjectivity) other peoples opinions.
Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 7:53:55 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 6:33:27 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
Bs"d

Either prove that God does not exists or stop claiming He doesn't.

Define "god" first. Until then, the default position on any non-defined thing is complete doubt.

Atheism needs to be critiqued in the same fashion we would critique any other hypothesis.

Atheism is not the position that "God does not exist", it is the lack of a belief in the existence of a god.

Seems a lot of atheists get a "free pass" in many cultures due to people not wanting to offend (I hate this word because of its subjectivity) other peoples opinions.

Except that MANY atheists are open minded to other ideas, and the ones that usually feel most offended at comments criticizing beliefs are theists.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 8:18:25 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 7:53:55 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:33:27 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
Bs"d

Either prove that God does not exists or stop claiming He doesn't.

Define "god" first. Until then, the default position on any non-defined thing is complete doubt.

Atheism needs to be critiqued in the same fashion we would critique any other hypothesis.

Atheism is not the position that "God does not exist", it is the lack of a belief in the existence of a god.

That definition actually is not true. An agnostic truly has the "lack of belief in the existence of a god." Likewise, an agnostic possesses a "lack of belief in the non-existence of a god."

Atheists themselves seems to be fond of their "lack of a belief" definition; however, I've found that atheists who promote such a definition cannot distinguish within a cat's whisker between an atheist and an agnostic. For practical purposes, atheism is belief that there is no God or gods.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Posts: 19,782
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 8:27:41 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 7:53:55 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:33:27 AM, Eliyahu wrote:

Atheism is not the position that "God does not exist", it is the lack of a belief in the existence of a god.

I forgot to supply the definition from standard dictionaries:

person who believes that God does not exist
one who believes that there is no deity

http://www.merriam-webster.com...

someone who believes that God does not exist

http://dictionary.cambridge.org...

A person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...

the doctrine or belief that there is no God
a lack of belief in the existence of God or gods

http://www.webster-dictionary.org...

Thus, I would say that your limited definition is, according to the above dictionaries, either non-standard or a partial definition.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,861
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 9:01:43 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 7:53:55 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:33:27 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
Bs"d

Either prove that God does not exists or stop claiming He doesn't.

Define "god" first. Until then, the default position on any non-defined thing is complete doubt.

Atheism needs to be critiqued in the same fashion we would critique any other hypothesis.

Atheism is not the position that "God does not exist", it is the lack of a belief in the existence of a god.
Bullsh @t, and you're too much of a coward to have a position. It is they lack the belief that God exists, hence, believe God doesn't exist. Get back to speed when you understand what the prefix A refers to. As in asymmetry, lol lacks a belief in symmetry...that's pathetic.
Seems a lot of atheists get a "free pass" in many cultures due to people not wanting to offend (I hate this word because of its subjectivity) other peoples opinions.

Except that MANY atheists are open minded to other ideas, and the ones that usually feel most offended at comments criticizing beliefs are theists.
Eliyahu
Posts: 242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 9:39:53 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 7:53:55 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:33:27 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
Bs"d

Either prove that God does not exists or stop claiming He doesn't.

Define "god" first. Until then, the default position on any non-defined thing is complete doubt.

Atheism needs to be critiqued in the same fashion we would critique any other hypothesis.

Atheism is not the position that "God does not exist", it is the lack of a belief in the existence of a god.

Bs"d

Wrong. Atheism is the assumption that God does not exist.

An agnost says: "I don't know".

Seems a lot of atheists get a "free pass" in many cultures due to people not wanting to offend (I hate this word because of its subjectivity) other peoples opinions.

Except that MANY atheists are open minded to other ideas, and the ones that usually feel most offended at comments criticizing beliefs are theists.

Except that they are not. Different ideas are violently attacked, proponents of other ideas are ostracised, attacked, put out of a job, and more.

Just watch the documentary "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed".
Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 10:33:59 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 9:39:53 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
Atheism is the assumption that God does not exist.
An agnost says: "I don't know".

Actually, the original agnostic position is: you can't possibly know, and shouldn't say you do until you can prove it. As the first person to coin the term agnosticism, Thomas Henry Huxley, wrote:

It is wrong for a man to say he is certain of the objective truth of a proposition unless he can provide evidence which logically justifies that certainty. This is what agnosticism asserts and in my opinion, is all that is essential to agnosticism
-- Collected Essays, Volume V, Essay IX: Agnosticism and Christianity, 1889 [http://www.gutenberg.org...]

An atheist position is simply: "I reject all claims of gods."

So they are different, but not incompatible.
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 10:48:27 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
What is it that so frightens these poor little things about us not believing in any of the various invisible friends they have?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Eliyahu
Posts: 242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 10:52:41 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 10:33:59 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/29/2016 9:39:53 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
Atheism is the assumption that God does not exist.
An agnost says: "I don't know".

Actually, the original agnostic position is: you can't possibly know, and shouldn't say you do until you can prove it. As the first person to coin the term agnosticism, Thomas Henry Huxley, wrote:

It is wrong for a man to say he is certain of the objective truth of a proposition unless he can provide evidence which logically justifies that certainty. This is what agnosticism asserts and in my opinion, is all that is essential to agnosticism
-- Collected Essays, Volume V, Essay IX: Agnosticism and Christianity, 1889 [http://www.gutenberg.org...]

An atheist position is simply: "I reject all claims of gods."

So they are different, but not incompatible.

Bs"d

dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/atheist

http://dictionary.cambridge.org...

atheist
someone who believes that God does not exist
Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 10:56:55 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 10:52:41 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
At 1/29/2016 10:33:59 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/29/2016 9:39:53 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
Atheism is the assumption that God does not exist.
An agnost says: "I don't know".

Actually, the original agnostic position is: you can't possibly know, and shouldn't say you do until you can prove it. As the first person to coin the term agnosticism, Thomas Henry Huxley, wrote:

It is wrong for a man to say he is certain of the objective truth of a proposition unless he can provide evidence which logically justifies that certainty. This is what agnosticism asserts and in my opinion, is all that is essential to agnosticism
-- Collected Essays, Volume V, Essay IX: Agnosticism and Christianity, 1889 [http://www.gutenberg.org...]

An atheist position is simply: "I reject all claims of gods."

So they are different, but not incompatible.

Bs"d

dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/atheist

http://dictionary.cambridge.org...

atheist
someone who believes that God does not exist
Nah it's just someone who rejects the claim made by man that gods exist.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Eliyahu
Posts: 242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 11:05:33 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 10:56:55 AM, bulproof wrote:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org...

atheist
someone who believes that God does not exist
Nah it's just someone who rejects the claim made by man that gods exist.

Bs"d

If we want to know what a word means, then we look in a dictionary, and we don't go by the belching of a bullfrog,
Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.
Fatihah
Posts: 7,716
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 11:14:12 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 6:33:27 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
Bs"d

Either prove that God does not exists or stop claiming He doesn't. Atheism needs to be critiqued in the same fashion we would critique any other hypothesis. Seems a lot of atheists get a "free pass" in many cultures due to people not wanting to offend (I hate this word because of its subjectivity) other peoples opinions.

Response: No atheist here can provide any logical reason to deny God exist. They only deny God for the following reason:

"God does not do what I want Him to do".

That is the real reason. For example, an atheist says love would mean not allowing people to suffer- God allows suffering- therefore no God exist.

Such reasoning does not mean God does not exist. It may mean God is not loving or their perception of love differs, yet that does not logically conclude God does not exist.

Until an atheist can show us FIRSTHAND themselves the ability to create order or a repeating pattern "WITHOUT" choosing to do so, then we can logically conclude that the patterns in the universe and life itself originated from choice. Therefore, God does exist.
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 11:14:50 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 11:05:33 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
At 1/29/2016 10:56:55 AM, bulproof wrote:
http://dictionary.cambridge.org...

atheist
someone who believes that God does not exist
Nah it's just someone who rejects the claim made by man that gods exist.

Bs"d

If we want to know what a word means, then we look in a dictionary, and we don't go by the belching of a bullfrog,

Who or what claims the existence of gods?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 12:24:43 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 6:33:27 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
Bs"d

Either prove that God does not exists or stop claiming He doesn't. Atheism needs to be critiqued in the same fashion we would critique any other hypothesis. Seems a lot of atheists get a "free pass" in many cultures due to people not wanting to offend (I hate this word because of its subjectivity) other peoples opinions.

If we are to critique atheism in the same manner of any hypothesis, it indeed would be assumed as the default position.

If you claim something to exist, you have proof of its existence. Or evidence of its existence. A negative claim with neither of those from the opposition is a rational position.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
bulproof
Posts: 25,184
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 12:41:34 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 11:14:12 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:33:27 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
Bs"d

Either prove that God does not exists or stop claiming He doesn't. Atheism needs to be critiqued in the same fashion we would critique any other hypothesis. Seems a lot of atheists get a "free pass" in many cultures due to people not wanting to offend (I hate this word because of its subjectivity) other peoples opinions.

Response: No atheist here can provide any logical reason to deny God exist. They only deny God for the following reason:
The only reason we need to deny the existence of your god any other god is the evidence the theists who claim the existence provides to support their claim.
******************************NOTHING**********************************
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,575
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 3:39:17 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 6:33:27 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
Bs"d

Either prove that God does not exists or stop claiming He doesn't.

You will find very few atheists who openly make that claim. You can, if you were to support that assertion, show us examples of atheists here who do.

Atheism needs to be critiqued in the same fashion we would critique any other hypothesis.

But clearly, you have done no such thing, but instead, have made an assertion that isn't even true by any stretch.

Seems a lot of atheists get a "free pass" in many cultures due to people not wanting to offend (I hate this word because of its subjectivity) other peoples opinions.

Sure, it's very easy for you believers to make up anything you want and present it as fact, even though you can't support a word of it.

Seems you're just trolling again.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 3:43:07 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 6:33:27 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
Bs"d

Either prove that God does not exists or stop claiming He doesn't. Atheism needs to be critiqued in the same fashion we would critique any other hypothesis. Seems a lot of atheists get a "free pass" in many cultures due to people not wanting to offend (I hate this word because of its subjectivity) other peoples opinions.

Typical attempt to shift the burden of proof. I would ask Eliyah to prove that the leprechaun living under a toadstool in my back yard does not exist, since I say he does and that should be sufficient. Same argument with equal lack of any substance.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 3:43:45 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 6:33:27 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
Bs"d

Either prove that God does not exists or stop claiming He doesn't. Atheism needs to be critiqued in the same fashion we would critique any other hypothesis. Seems a lot of atheists get a "free pass" in many cultures due to people not wanting to offend (I hate this word because of its subjectivity) other peoples opinions.

As there isn't the slightest bit of evidence the deity does exist, it is for those claiming it does to put up or shut up. The deity featured in the Bible is no more credible than the characters in a Harry Potter story!
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 4:08:17 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 10:52:41 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
At 1/29/2016 10:33:59 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 1/29/2016 9:39:53 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
Atheism is the assumption that God does not exist.
An agnost says: "I don't know".

Actually, the original agnostic position is: you can't possibly know, and shouldn't say you do until you can prove it. As the first person to coin the term agnosticism, Thomas Henry Huxley, wrote:

It is wrong for a man to say he is certain of the objective truth of a proposition unless he can provide evidence which logically justifies that certainty. This is what agnosticism asserts and in my opinion, is all that is essential to agnosticism
-- Collected Essays, Volume V, Essay IX: Agnosticism and Christianity, 1889 [http://www.gutenberg.org...]

An atheist position is simply: "I reject all claims of gods."

So they are different, but not incompatible.

Bs"d

dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/atheist

http://dictionary.cambridge.org...

atheist
someone who believes that God does not exist

Yes, that is one historical usage, Eliyahu. Yet what's your evidence that it's the only one? Is your evidence your own failure to diligently research all usages?

Since you cited a UK source, here's its entry in Encyclopaedia Britannica, for example.[http://www.britannica.com...]

Atheism, in general, the critique and denial of metaphysical beliefs in God or spiritual beings. As such, it is usually distinguished from theism, which affirms the reality of the divine and often seeks to demonstrate its existence. Atheism is also distinguished from agnosticism, which leaves open the question whether there is a god or not, professing to find the questions unanswered or unanswerable.

In the supporting article:

To say that atheism is the denial of God or the gods and that it is the opposite of theism, a system of belief that affirms the reality of God and seeks to demonstrate his existence, is inadequate in a number of ways [...]

There are atheists who believe that the very concept of God, at least in developed and less anthropomorphic forms of Judeo-Christianity and Islam, is so incoherent that certain central religious claims, such as "God is my creator to whom everything is owed," are not genuine truth-claims; i.e., the claims could not be either true or false. Believers hold that such religious propositions are true, some atheists believe that they are false, and there are agnostics who cannot make up their minds whether to believe that they are true or false. (Agnostics think that the propositions are one or the other but believe that it is not possible to determine which.) But all three are mistaken, some atheists argue, for such putative truth-claims are not sufficiently intelligible to be genuine truth-claims that are either true or false. In reality there is nothing in them to be believed or disbelieved, though there is for the believer the powerful and humanly comforting illusion that there is. Such an atheism, it should be added, rooted for some conceptions of God in considerations about intelligibility and what it makes sense to say, has been strongly resisted by some pragmatists and logical empiricists.


You can find a supporting definition in the Oxford English dictionary[http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...]
A person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods:

From your silence I understand that you have accepted my correction on agnosticism. I regret to say that you have been lazy and indiligent in your research on atheism also.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 6:10:10 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 11:14:12 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:33:27 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
Bs"d

Either prove that God does not exists or stop claiming He doesn't. Atheism needs to be critiqued in the same fashion we would critique any other hypothesis. Seems a lot of atheists get a "free pass" in many cultures due to people not wanting to offend (I hate this word because of its subjectivity) other peoples opinions.

Response: No atheist here can provide any logical reason to deny God exist. They only deny God for the following reason:

"God does not do what I want Him to do".

That is the real reason. For example, an atheist says love would mean not allowing people to suffer- God allows suffering- therefore no God exist.

Such reasoning does not mean God does not exist. It may mean God is not loving or their perception of love differs, yet that does not logically conclude God does not exist.

Until an atheist can show us FIRSTHAND themselves the ability to create order or a repeating pattern "WITHOUT" choosing to do so, then we can logically conclude that the patterns in the universe and life itself originated from choice. Therefore, God does exist.

Can Fatiha show us, FIRSTHAND why "children like sex"?
Eliyahu
Posts: 242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 12:03:13 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 1/29/2016 3:43:45 PM, JJ50 wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:33:27 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
Bs"d

Either prove that God does not exists or stop claiming He doesn't. Atheism needs to be critiqued in the same fashion we would critique any other hypothesis. Seems a lot of atheists get a "free pass" in many cultures due to people not wanting to offend (I hate this word because of its subjectivity) other peoples opinions.

As there isn't the slightest bit of evidence the deity does exist, it is for those claiming it does to put up or shut up.

Bs"d

There is plenty of proof, see here:

http://www.debate.org...

http://www.debate.org...

http://www.debate.org...
Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 12:07:24 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 12:03:13 PM, Eliyahu wrote:
At 1/29/2016 3:43:45 PM, JJ50 wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:33:27 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
Bs"d

Either prove that God does not exists or stop claiming He doesn't. Atheism needs to be critiqued in the same fashion we would critique any other hypothesis. Seems a lot of atheists get a "free pass" in many cultures due to people not wanting to offend (I hate this word because of its subjectivity) other peoples opinions.

As there isn't the slightest bit of evidence the deity does exist, it is for those claiming it does to put up or shut up.

Bs"d

There is plenty of proof, see here:

http://www.debate.org...

http://www.debate.org...

http://www.debate.org...

NOT PROOF!
TREssspa
Posts: 567
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 12:29:49 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 1/29/2016 7:53:55 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:33:27 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
Bs"d

Either prove that God does not exists or stop claiming He doesn't.

Define "god" first. Until then, the default position on any non-defined thing is complete doubt.

Atheism needs to be critiqued in the same fashion we would critique any other hypothesis.

Atheism is not the position that "God does not exist", it is the lack of a belief in the existence of a god.

Seems a lot of atheists get a "free pass" in many cultures due to people not wanting to offend (I hate this word because of its subjectivity) other peoples opinions.

Except that MANY atheists are open minded to other ideas, and the ones that usually feel most offended at comments criticizing beliefs are theists.

_____________
Atheism is not the position that "God does not exist", it is the lack of a belief in the existence of a god.
__________________

Lack of belief is only possible when you do Not know about a concept.

When you know the concept/definition of god

YOU CAN DO THREE THINGS.

1)BELIEVE

2)NOT BELIEVE (DISBELIEF)

3)IGNORE

4)DOUBT

WE ALL AGREE THAT 3) and 1) ARE CERTAINLY NOT TRUE. ATHEISTS ARE ALWAYS DESPERATE TO DENY ANY POSSIBILITY OF GOD. RELIGION FORUM IS PROOF OF WHAT I AM SAYING.

4) ARE AGNOSTIC.

LEAVES US WITH 2)DISBELIEF.

HENCE PROVED.
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 5:41:37 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 1/29/2016 11:14:12 AM, Fatihah wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:33:27 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
Bs"d

Either prove that God does not exists or stop claiming He doesn't. Atheism needs to be critiqued in the same fashion we would critique any other hypothesis. Seems a lot of atheists get a "free pass" in many cultures due to people not wanting to offend (I hate this word because of its subjectivity) other peoples opinions.

Response: No atheist here can provide any logical reason to deny God exist. They only deny God for the following reason:

"God does not do what I want Him to do".

That is the real reason. For example, an atheist says love would mean not allowing people to suffer- God allows suffering- therefore no God exist.

Such reasoning does not mean God does not exist. It may mean God is not loving or their perception of love differs, yet that does not logically conclude God does not exist.

Until an atheist can show us FIRSTHAND themselves the ability to create order or a repeating pattern "WITHOUT" choosing to do so, then we can logically conclude that the patterns in the universe and life itself originated from choice. Therefore, God does exist.

Will Fatihah now defend, first hand, his often made claim that "children like sex"
?
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 5:51:21 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 1/29/2016 6:33:27 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
Bs"d

Either prove that God exists or stop claiming He does. Theism needs to be critiqued in the same fashion we would critique any other hypothesis. Seems a lot of Theists get a "free pass" in many cultures due to people not wanting to offend (I hate this word because of its subjectivity) other peoples opinions.

There, that's better. Only claims of existence need to be proven or I'll expect you to concede that there is an invisible leprechaun living under at toadstool in my back yard.
rnjs
Posts: 378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 9:13:05 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
In order for anyone to know that God doesn't exist they would have to have infinite knowledge which is an attribute of God, so what they are saying is that they have infinite knowledge that there is no one who possesses infinite knowledge.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 9:19:25 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 9:13:05 PM, rnjs wrote:
In order for anyone to know that God doesn't exist they would have to have infinite knowledge which is an attribute of God, so what they are saying is that they have infinite knowledge that there is no one who possesses infinite knowledge.

I know rain exists and I'm not condensed droplets of water, which is a characteristic of rain. I don't need to be something to know it's real. I do need evidence that it exists. Since no such evidence does exist for your God or any other, I will continue functioning as if no such thing does exist. If you can provide evidence then I will change my stance. Simple.
12_13
Posts: 1,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 9:31:06 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 1/29/2016 7:53:55 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 1/29/2016 6:33:27 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
Bs"d

Either prove that God does not exists or stop claiming He doesn't.

Define "god" first. Until then, the default position on any non-defined thing is complete doubt.

Bible defines God by this:

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

Can you prove that love doesn"t exist?
Fly
Posts: 2,042
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 9:37:17 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 1/29/2016 6:33:27 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
Bs"d

Either prove that God does not exists or stop claiming He doesn't. Atheism needs to be critiqued in the same fashion we would critique any other hypothesis. Seems a lot of atheists get a "free pass" in many cultures due to people not wanting to offend (I hate this word because of its subjectivity) other peoples opinions.

The Bible shows all the qualities of being written by fellow flawed human beings thousands of years ago and none of the qualities of being written by the timeless, infinitely wise supreme creator it claims to speak for. Therefor, the God of the Bible can be wholly (not holy) dismissed from an objective evidence standpoint.

As for vague, poorly defined possibilities of something, someone, somewhere labelled as "God"? Why should anyone give that a second thought? It does not even RISE to the level of being false because it is unfalsifiable. Same goes for Wilfred the undetectable ghost. No one has proven him false, either. Actually, the very fact that you cannot detect him SUPPORTS his existence-- so you best say "Good morning!" to him everyday lest you be impolite.
"You don't have a right to be a jerk."
--Religion Forum's hypocrite extraordinaire serving up lulz