Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

Does God exist?

Eliyahu
Posts: 242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2016 6:36:44 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Bs's

Does God exist?

Yes!!
Nowadays there is strong irrefutable scientific proof that God exist, in the form of the anthropic principle, the fine tuning of the universe.

The laws of nature which govern the universe, and the set up of the universe, in order to enable the possibility of life, must be so extremely critically fine tuned, that it is impossible to say that the universe came into existence by pure chance. Scientists are discovering more and more constants in the universe that must be set up in an extremely precise way, in order to make life possible in the universe.

In 1961 just two of those constants were known, of which the most sensitive was the ratio of the gravitational force to the electromagnetic force. If that varies more than one part in 10^40 (that is 10 to the power of 40, = a 1 with 40 zero's = 10,000 trillion trillion trillion), no life will be possible.
Today, the number of known cosmic characteristics recognized as fine-tuned for life " any conceivable kind of physical life " stands at thirty-eight. Of these, the most sensitive is the space energy density (the self-stretching property of the universe). Its value cannot vary by more than one part in 10^120, and still allow for the kinds of stars and planets physical life requires.

In order to get an idea of the size of these numbers, something about the observable universe: It has a width of about 156 billion light years, that is about 1.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000 miles. It contains about 50.000.000.000.000.000.000.000 stars in about 80 billion galaxies. The total amount of atoms in this observable universe is 10^80.

The chance that our universe came out the way it did, so that life, any life, would be possible, is only 1 in 10^173.

For more information on this subject look here: http://www.reasons.org...

A mathematician, Borel, calculated that the probability of something happening that has a chance of happening of only 1 in 10^50, is zero, meaning, something with odds of 1 in 10^50, will never happen: http://boards.fool.com... :
"It was Dr. Emile Borel who first formulated the basic Law of Probability which states that the occurrence of an event where the chances are beyond 1 chance in 10 to the 50th power(the 200th power is used for scientific calculations), is an event which we can state with certainty will never happen, regardless of the time allotted or how many opportunities could exist for the event to take place.(Emile Borel, Probabilities and Life, Dover 1962, chapters 1-3)"

As everybody can see, the fine tuning of the universe is way above that. This points irrefutably to intelligent design, and with that to an Intelligent Designer.

About this anthropic principle Stephen Hawking, arguably the greatest scientist now alive, said: "Most sets of values, would give rise to universes that, although they might be very beautiful, would contain no-one able to wonder at that beauty. One can take this either as evidence of a divine purpose in creation and choice of the laws of science, or as support for the strong anthropic principle."
A brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking, page 139

Ibid page 140: "It would be very difficult to explain why the universe should have begun in just this way, except as the act of a God who intended to create beings like us."

His book "A Brief HIstory of Time" can be found online here: http://alleeshadowtradition.com...

My quotes can be found in chapter 8.

So there we have it, the anthropic principle which provides the proof that God exists.
Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.
Eliyahu
Posts: 242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 12:19:25 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/29/2016 6:36:44 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
Bs's

Does God exist?

Yes!!
Nowadays there is strong irrefutable scientific proof that God exist, in the form of the anthropic principle, the fine tuning of the universe.

The laws of nature which govern the universe, and the set up of the universe, in order to enable the possibility of life, must be so extremely critically fine tuned, that it is impossible to say that the universe came into existence by pure chance. Scientists are discovering more and more constants in the universe that must be set up in an extremely precise way, in order to make life possible in the universe.

In 1961 just two of those constants were known, of which the most sensitive was the ratio of the gravitational force to the electromagnetic force. If that varies more than one part in 10^40 (that is 10 to the power of 40, = a 1 with 40 zero's = 10,000 trillion trillion trillion), no life will be possible.
Today, the number of known cosmic characteristics recognized as fine-tuned for life " any conceivable kind of physical life " stands at thirty-eight. Of these, the most sensitive is the space energy density (the self-stretching property of the universe). Its value cannot vary by more than one part in 10^120, and still allow for the kinds of stars and planets physical life requires.

In order to get an idea of the size of these numbers, something about the observable universe: It has a width of about 156 billion light years, that is about 1.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000 miles. It contains about 50.000.000.000.000.000.000.000 stars in about 80 billion galaxies. The total amount of atoms in this observable universe is 10^80.

The chance that our universe came out the way it did, so that life, any life, would be possible, is only 1 in 10^173.

For more information on this subject look here: http://www.reasons.org...

A mathematician, Borel, calculated that the probability of something happening that has a chance of happening of only 1 in 10^50, is zero, meaning, something with odds of 1 in 10^50, will never happen: http://boards.fool.com... :
"It was Dr. Emile Borel who first formulated the basic Law of Probability which states that the occurrence of an event where the chances are beyond 1 chance in 10 to the 50th power(the 200th power is used for scientific calculations), is an event which we can state with certainty will never happen, regardless of the time allotted or how many opportunities could exist for the event to take place.(Emile Borel, Probabilities and Life, Dover 1962, chapters 1-3)"

As everybody can see, the fine tuning of the universe is way above that. This points irrefutably to intelligent design, and with that to an Intelligent Designer.

About this anthropic principle Stephen Hawking, arguably the greatest scientist now alive, said: "Most sets of values, would give rise to universes that, although they might be very beautiful, would contain no-one able to wonder at that beauty. One can take this either as evidence of a divine purpose in creation and choice of the laws of science, or as support for the strong anthropic principle."
A brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking, page 139

Ibid page 140: "It would be very difficult to explain why the universe should have begun in just this way, except as the act of a God who intended to create beings like us."

His book "A Brief HIstory of Time" can be found online here: http://alleeshadowtradition.com...

My quotes can be found in chapter 8.



So there we have it, the anthropic principle which provides the proof that God exists.

Bs"d

No atheist who even tries to debunk it.

The facts are clear; the anthropic principle is yet another proof for the existence of God.
Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 12:23:08 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Even if the universe was kicked off by an intelligent entity of some description, the Biblical deity hardly fits the bill. It comes over as a character out of a fairy tale, with serious mental health problems and not overly intelligent.

There is NO credible scientific proof that the Biblical deity exists.
Eliyahu
Posts: 242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 12:35:01 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/31/2016 12:23:08 PM, JJ50 wrote:
Even if the universe was kicked off by an intelligent entity of some description, the Biblical deity hardly fits the bill. It comes over as a character out of a fairy tale, with serious mental health problems and not overly intelligent.

There is NO credible scientific proof that the Biblical deity exists.

Bs"d

The proof for God you can see in the OP.

The proof for the God of the Hebrew Bible you can see here: https://www.youtube.com...
Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 1:15:34 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/31/2016 12:35:01 PM, Eliyahu wrote:
At 1/31/2016 12:23:08 PM, JJ50 wrote:
Even if the universe was kicked off by an intelligent entity of some description, the Biblical deity hardly fits the bill. It comes over as a character out of a fairy tale, with serious mental health problems and not overly intelligent.

There is NO credible scientific proof that the Biblical deity exists.

Bs"d

The proof for God you can see in the OP.

The proof for the God of the Hebrew Bible you can see here: https://www.youtube.com...

NOT PROOF!
bulproof
Posts: 25,171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2016 1:37:09 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 1/31/2016 12:35:01 PM, Eliyahu wrote:
At 1/31/2016 12:23:08 PM, JJ50 wrote:
Even if the universe was kicked off by an intelligent entity of some description, the Biblical deity hardly fits the bill. It comes over as a character out of a fairy tale, with serious mental health problems and not overly intelligent.

There is NO credible scientific proof that the Biblical deity exists.

Bs"d

The proof for God you can see in the OP.

The proof for the God of the Hebrew Bible you can see here: https://www.youtube.com...
Hole meet puddle. Some people are so dumb.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Eliyahu
Posts: 242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 11:53:23 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 1/31/2016 1:15:34 PM, JJ50 wrote:
At 1/31/2016 12:35:01 PM, Eliyahu wrote:
At 1/31/2016 12:23:08 PM, JJ50 wrote:
Even if the universe was kicked off by an intelligent entity of some description, the Biblical deity hardly fits the bill. It comes over as a character out of a fairy tale, with serious mental health problems and not overly intelligent.

There is NO credible scientific proof that the Biblical deity exists.

Bs"d

The proof for God you can see in the OP.

The proof for the God of the Hebrew Bible you can see here: https://www.youtube.com...

NOT PROOF!

Bs"d

So you think you know better than Stephen Hawking??
Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.
A1tre
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 4:52:35 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Probability:

A process produces an outcome. The set of all outcomes is called the sample space of the experiment. Roll a dice once and the possible outcomes are {1,2,3,4,5,6}. Probability assigns each event with a number from 1 to 0. The probability that one of the numbers will be rolled is 1, the probability that no number will be rolled is 0, the probability that a specific number will be rolled is each 1/6.

At 1/29/2016 6:36:44 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
The chance that our universe came out the way it did, so that life, any life, would be possible, is only 1 in 10^173.

In order to make that claim, you need a sample space with which to measure the probability of our universe. But we only know of one universe, our own. Therefore, there is no ground for you to say a universe could possibly be different than the one we live in now. You cannot calculate the probability of our universe.
Eliyahu
Posts: 242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 5:34:11 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/8/2016 4:52:35 PM, A1tre wrote:
Probability:

A process produces an outcome. The set of all outcomes is called the sample space of the experiment. Roll a dice once and the possible outcomes are {1,2,3,4,5,6}. Probability assigns each event with a number from 1 to 0. The probability that one of the numbers will be rolled is 1, the probability that no number will be rolled is 0, the probability that a specific number will be rolled is each 1/6.

At 1/29/2016 6:36:44 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
The chance that our universe came out the way it did, so that life, any life, would be possible, is only 1 in 10^173.

In order to make that claim, you need a sample space with which to measure the probability of our universe. But we only know of one universe, our own. Therefore, there is no ground for you to say a universe could possibly be different than the one we live in now. You cannot calculate the probability of our universe.

Bs"d

OK, so Stephen Hawking and other scientists are all wrong, and you are right.

I think I got it.
Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.
A1tre
Posts: 223
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 10:27:05 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/8/2016 5:34:11 PM, Eliyahu wrote:
OK, so Stephen Hawking and other scientists are all wrong, and you are right.

The Grand Design is a popular-science book written by physicists Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow and published by Bantam Books in 2010.

It argues that invoking God is not necessary to explain the origins of the universe, and that the Big Bang is a consequence of the laws of physics alone. In response to criticism, Hawking has said; "One can't prove that God doesn't exist, but science makes God unnecessary." When pressed on his own religious views by the Channel 4 documentary Genius of Britain, he has clarified that he does not believe in a personal God.
janesix
Posts: 3,437
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 10:34:43 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I don't see the point in trying to convince atheists that God exists.

Or are you trying to prove it to yourself?
Eliyahu
Posts: 242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 5:45:21 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 1/31/2016 1:37:09 PM, bulproof wrote:
The proof for the God of the Hebrew Bible you can see here: https://www.youtube.com...
Hole meet puddle. Some people are so dumb.

Bs"d

Some people are so simple....

We are talking here about a very special hole. About a hole of which only if it is shaped in a very special shape, it can hold water.

And the chances for that hole to come out the way it must be to hold water being only 10^-173.

If then you see a hole with water in it, then you know you're watching a miracle.
Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.