Jump to topic:

Free Will, Christianity, & Evil

Evolution078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 10:48:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Since I have been on this site I have noticed a trend. The trend is doubting Christianity through Free Will, & The Problem of Evil. Now I myself have turned away from Christianity at one point. My parents were forcing me into Catholacism & I rebelled, not because I didn't believe In God, but I believed in Free Will. I have been in your shoes, I have been in many debates with my friends & family about how religion was a joke. I know a lot of people want straight facts, scientific proof that god does exist. The topic of religion raises many questions, in the end it does come down to faith. A couple months ago I realized that why try to prove something wrong that makes people better? An anarchist & I are having a debate which might help some people out with the questions they have (In which we discuss the points in the title). It would behoove some of you to go take a look, I believe that a humans life should be about self improvement. It took me some doubts to get where I am now but I can truly say, If I died right now I would be happy with my life and where I'm going. Go take a look-

http://www.debate.org...
Or just click on my profile
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/29/2010 10:50:36 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Logic and Religion have nothing to do with each other. You don't need anything besides faith to validate faith.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.