The sign that heralded the birth of Jesus

Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 8:18:53 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/1/2016 8:42:09 AM, Gentorev wrote:
What was the heavenly sign that heralded the birth of Jesus?

What a shame that we have a religion forum, with no so-called Christians, who know what the heavenly sign was that the wise men of the east saw, which they believed had heralded the birth of the prophesied King of Israel.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 8:34:03 PM
At 2/1/2016 8:18:53 PM, Gentorev wrote:

What a shame that we have a religion forum, with no so-called Christians, who know what the heavenly sign was that the wise men of the east saw, which they believed had heralded the birth of the prophesied King of Israel.

There is many schools of thought on that and there is a person that uses astronomy software and theorizes that it was a combination of Jupiter and Saturn that shined that was the view from Jerusalem at the time +- a few years, that was the sign seen by the magi, also there is thinking that the same wise men came from a school that was establish by Daniel, what proof there is to that who knows. There is also a star gazer layout not the one you see used in the local paper that was also used by the same person using the astronomy software said the same Jupiter/ Saturn combination was in the area in that zodiac used by the wise men that showed the coming of a Messiah or King in Israel.

Interesting comment from someone asking a kindergarten level question who ought to know already.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 8:55:21 PM

One possible answer:

https://www.youtube.com...
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 9:34:19 PM
At 2/1/2016 8:34:03 PM, DPMartin wrote:

There is many schools of thought on that and there is a person that uses astronomy software and theorizes that it was a combination of Jupiter and Saturn that shined that was the view from Jerusalem at the time +- a few years, that was the sign seen by the magi, also there is thinking that the same wise men came from a school that was establish by Daniel, what proof there is to that who knows. There is also a star gazer layout not the one you see used in the local paper that was also used by the same person using the astronomy software said the same Jupiter/ Saturn combination was in the area in that zodiac used by the wise men that showed the coming of a Messiah or King in Israel.

Interesting comment from someone asking a kindergarten level question who ought to know already.

I don't know about asking a kindergarten question, but I certainly got a kindergarten answer from you, so bend over buddy and get your backside kicked once again.

Those wise men from the east, who many believe were of the school established by Daniel, who himself was a star gazer, are believed to have been astronomer/astrologers from Mesopotamia in the east, and it was more that probable that they had seen the triple Conjunction in 6 BC, of Jupiter the King star, and Mars the God of war, and Saturm the god of time, who brings the golden age of peace to the earth, which they read as the sign that was to herald the birth of the promised King of Israel, who was to succeed to the throne of David the warrior king, who was the prophesied saviour of Israel, who is to come and subdue the surrounding Nations and bring in an Age of one thousand years of peace.

"Astronomy, Astrology, and the Star of Bethlehem." BY John Clevenger of the Lake Country Astronomical Society," which says as follows, "Did any unusual astronomical phenomenon occur between 8 and 2 BC? As it happens there were several notable celestial events during that period. The Chinese reported two comets during that time. The comet of 5 BC which was visible for 70 days, was reported to have a tail. Professor Humphreys of Cambridge University believes that this comet, which he describes as having a vertical tail, appeared at the time of the Jewish Passover. Professor Humpherys believed that this started the Magi, who were knowledgeable of the Jewish prophecy recorded in the book of Micah, concerning the birth of a Jewish king, on their journey. If right about the vertical tail, this could agree with the biblical account in Matthew that the "Star Stood Over" where the young child was", because in ancient literature, the term "STOOD OVER" refers to comets and comets only. The comet of 4 BC had no tail and whether it was a comet or a nova is unknown. Nova"s were believed to announce the death of a great person, and Herod the Great died in 4 BC. While historians have usually suggested that comets were always bad omens. Humphreys believes that history shows them to be either good or bad omens.

I could also use any of a number of authorities to supply evidence of the triple conjunction in 6 BC, which is the year of the birth of Jesus of the "King Planet" Jupiter, with Mars, the god of war, and "Saturn the god of time, who brings the golden age of peace to the earth, which I believe was read by the wise men as the sign that was prophesied to herald the birth of the promised King of Israel, who was to succeed to the throne of David the warrior king, as the prophesied Messianic King of Israel, who is to come and subdue the surrounding Nations and bring in the golden Age of one thousand years of peace.

It was the comet of 5 BC, which was seen by professor Humpherys as the star that started the wise men on their journey to Jerusalem.

Having witnessed in 6 BC, the conjunction of the "King Planet" Jupiter, with Mars, the god of war, and "Saturn the god of time, who brings in the golden age of peace to the earth," which I believe was the star that had heralded the birth of Jesus, because it appeared two years before the death of Herod the Great in April of 4 BC, and as two years and below, was the age of the children that Herod commanded to be slaughtered just before his death, which age was determined in accordance with what he had learned from the wise men as to the exact time that they had seen the star that had heralded the birth of Jesus.

Travelling presumably, across the "Kings Highway" to Jerusalem to pay homage to the new King, they went to the palace of Herod the Great, the current ruler of Israel, expecting to find there, the young child whose birth had been heralded by the heavenly sign of 6 BC, the young child that they believed was the Messianic heir to the throne of David, and they asked, "where is the child that HAS BEEN BORN to be King of the Jews."

How long was it before the wise men, after seeing the comet of 5 BC, which is believed to have been the inspiration for them to travel to Jerusalem, decided that they should go to pay homage to the heir of that throne, and to organize that trip? And how long did it take them to travel from Mesopotamia to Jerusalem?

The only help that we receive from the Bible is found in Ezra 7: 8-9; "They (Ezra and his group) left Babylonia on the first day of the first month, and with God"s help they arrived in Jerusalem on the first day of the fifth month."

Four month, it took them to travel to Jerusalem. Even if we halve that time and take into account that the comet which inspired them to travel to Jerusalem had not appeared until about 12 months after the conjunction of 6 BC, which had heralded the birth of Jesus, there is no possible way that the wise men could have seen the baby Jesus in the manger in Bethlehem of Judaea.

Travelling presumably, across the "Kings Highway" to Jerusalem to pay homage to the new King, they went to the palace of Herod the Great, the current ruler of Israel, expecting to find there, the young child whose birth had been heralded by the heavenly sign of 6 BC, the young child that they believed was the Messianic heir to the throne of David, and they asked, "where is the child that HAS BEEN BORN to be King of the Jews."
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 10:17:06 PM
At 2/1/2016 8:55:21 PM, Geogeer wrote:

One possible answer:

https://www.youtube.com...

I've gotten so sick of opening links from people who lack the ability to express their own thoughts, that I now refuse to open said links.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 11:00:56 PM
At 2/1/2016 10:17:06 PM, Gentorev wrote:

One possible answer:

I've gotten so sick of opening links from people who lack the ability to express their own thoughts, that I now refuse to open said links.

Okay. There is no way that I could explain what this guy does - the topic is too long.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 11:03:36 PM

It should have been this kind of sign...

http://images.clipartpanda.com...
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 2:56:27 AM
At 2/1/2016 11:00:56 PM, Geogeer wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:17:06 PM, Gentorev wrote:

One possible answer:

Okay. There is no way that I could explain what this guy does - the topic is too long.

Yea, I bet it is Geogeer, and I apologise if I sounded a bit abrupt. But most links are too long and boring to bother sitting through, or links to someone's personal blog, or some smart arss rubbish from one of those atheists who haunt the religious forums of the world in the hope that they might convert a believer over to their godless and hopeless way of life.

You can open the link provided by Daniel R if you choose to, but I'll bet ten pound to a pinch of dog poop, that it has nothing constructive in it to add to the topic and that it's just another piece of his rubbish.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 3:55:57 AM
A magpie flying upside down and backwards from Canberra to London.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 4:26:27 AM
At 2/2/2016 3:55:57 AM, bulproof wrote:

And here is another screeching seagull that can do nothing else but fly in, crap on your post then fly out, a degenerate troll who adds nothing constructive to nobodies topic.
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 4:45:53 AM

Probably exactly the same start in the sky that greeted Kim Jung il when he was born.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 5:19:03 AM
At 2/2/2016 4:26:27 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/2/2016 3:55:57 AM, bulproof wrote:

And here is another screeching seagull that can do nothing else but fly in, crap on your post then fly out, a degenerate troll who adds nothing constructive to nobodies topic.
Ya gotta admit:
That's a freaking miracle.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 5:21:19 AM
At 2/2/2016 4:45:53 AM, Ramshutu wrote:

Probably exactly the same start in the sky that greeted Kim Jung il when he was born.

Nah! it weren't no START in the sky that heralded the birth of Jesus, it was the STAR.

I don't believe that in the time of Kim Jung birth there was any significant heavenly sign, although it was a dark period for the Jews in Auschwitz in 1941/42.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 5:27:11 AM
At 2/2/2016 5:21:19 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Nah! it weren't no START in the sky that heralded the birth of Jesus, it was the STAR.

I don't believe that in the time of Kim Jung birth there was any significant heavenly sign, although it was a dark period for the Jews in Auschwitz in 1941/42.
Read Kim Jong Il's divine life story, it's as much a myth as the one you believe.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 5:46:18 AM
At 2/2/2016 5:27:11 AM, bulproof wrote:

Read Kim Jong Il's divine life story, it's as much a myth as the one you believe.

As the frog said to the librarian "Readit, readit, readit."

I saw a seagull in the air
Squirting shytt everywhere
And then it landed on me roof
Ahh hell, it's only bullproof.

You just love trolling me don't you? You little dumb animal you.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 6:39:57 AM
At 2/2/2016 5:46:18 AM, Gentorev wrote:

At your age you should have progressed past playground insults. Read my posts and take some lessons from them.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 7:02:13 AM
At 2/2/2016 6:39:57 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/2/2016 5:46:18 AM, Gentorev wrote:

At your age you should have progressed past playground insults. Read my posts and take some lessons from them.

Go and join the rest of the flock of godless seagulls, and cease attempting to derail this topic, which is, "What was the heavenly sign that heralded the birth of Jesus.

If you have nothing constructive to add to the topic, you will be ignored with the contempt that all trolls such as yourself deserve and sent to the place where the eye cannot see and the ear cannot hear.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 7:10:39 AM
At 2/2/2016 7:02:13 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Go and join the rest of the flock of godless seagulls, and cease attempting to derail this topic, which is, "What was the heavenly sign that heralded the birth of Jesus.

But I gave you that answer in post #10 as it is written the great book of Koori godsmiths Vol.II.
Haven't you read it?
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 7:12:00 AM
How could the star guide the wise men from Mesopotamia to the house in Nazareth where the mother and child were?
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 7:37:07 AM
At 2/2/2016 7:12:00 AM, Gentorev wrote:
How could the star guide the wise men from Mesopotamia to the house in Nazareth where the mother and child were?

A 4th wise man named Tom tom
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 7:55:44 AM
At 2/2/2016 7:37:07 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

Why say you the 4th? The bible makes no mention of the number of wise men. Not that a dummy like you would have known that, being as you are just another screeching seagull full of Shytt, so, go and join all your brainless, trolling atheist mates, you will be ignored, from now on unless you have something constructive to add to the discussion.

Bye bye dumb nuts.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 8:15:49 AM
At 2/2/2016 7:55:44 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Why say you the 4th? The bible makes no mention of the number of wise men. Not that a dummy like you would have known that, being as you are just another screeching seagull full of Shytt, so, go and join all your brainless, trolling atheist mates, you will be ignored, from now on unless you have something constructive to add to the discussion.

Bye bye dumb nuts.

Dumb nuts, WTF , just the other day I had 2 hot cross buns.
Ya punk, I have the same if not more rights to talk about Jesus then you.
I've been learning and singing Christmas carols for 30 plus years.
They new because . THE STARS IN THE NIGHT SKY, LOOKED DOWN WHERE HE LAY , THE LITTLE LORD JESUS ASLEEP IN THE HAY.
I ain't dumb right.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 8:26:04 AM
At 2/2/2016 8:15:49 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

Bye bye dumb nuts.

They new because . THE STARS IN THE NIGHT SKY, LOOKED DOWN WHERE HE LAY , THE LITTLE LORD JESUS ASLEEP IN THE HAY.
I ain't dumb right.

Nah you aint dumb, you can't even spell KNEW, Dumb Nuts. But I condescended to respond to your infantile rubbish, which was at least some childish attempt to remain on topic, by mentioning the stars, Jesus and the manger in which he was born.

But tell me, who is the "THEY" that you mentioned, THEY new/knew because?
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 8:41:52 AM
At 2/2/2016 8:26:04 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Bye bye dumb nuts.

I ain't dumb right.

Nah you aint dumb, you can't even spell KNEW, Dumb Nuts. But I condescended to respond to your infantile rubbish, which was at least some childish attempt to remain on topic, by mentioning the stars, Jesus and the manger in which he was born.

We three kings of Israel
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 8:48:58 AM
At 2/2/2016 8:41:52 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

Bye bye dumb nuts.

I ain't dumb right.

We three kings of Israel

Following yonder stars . Star of wonder westward leading. Something like that
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 9:31:54 AM
At 2/2/2016 8:48:58 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

Bye bye dumb nuts.

I ain't dumb right.

We three kings of Israel

First of all the wise men or Magi, were not Israelites, how many were there? No one knows, but they did follow the star westward leading them too "WHERE?" Let's see if you have any biblical knowledge at all, or whether you are just another dumb nut atheist who don't know nothing.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 9:33:58 AM

Bye bye dumb nuts.

I ain't dumb right.

We three kings of Israel

Christmas present . X Mas tree.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 11:32:22 AM
At 2/2/2016 9:33:58 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

Bye bye dumb nuts.

I ain't dumb right.

We three kings of Israel

Christmas present . X Mas tree.

IGNORED:
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 11:36:19 AM
In the hope that perhaps there may be someone on this forum who has at least some knowledge of the scriptures, I will ask again, "How could the star guide the wise men from Mesopotamia to the house in Nazareth where the mother and child were?"