Total Posts:100|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

How may Trinity or Triune true?

frbnsn
Posts: 353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

'See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6

"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.
Gentorev
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 10:48:53 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

'See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6


"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.

Psalms 82: 1; God presides in the heavenly council; in the assembly of the gods he gives his decisions, etc, etc.
The tongue, the sharp two edged sword that divides the spirit from the soul.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,861
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 11:16:10 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/1/2016 10:48:53 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

'See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6


"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.

Psalms 82: 1; God presides in the heavenly council; in the assembly of the gods he gives his decisions, etc, etc.
Based on the actual verses that are psalms 82, everyone is a god. It clearly distinguishes between a God and those of the Earth who merely thought or currently think they are Gods or rulers of the Earth. Saying that verse references more than one God is wrong and not even remotely the correct interpretation.
Eliyahu
Posts: 242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 11:45:11 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

'See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6


"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.

Bs"d

Not only does the Bible say that there is one God, it also says that that one God IS ONE:

Hear Israel, Y-H-W-H is our God,Y-H-W-H is ONE.

And you shall love Y-H-W-H your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might.
And these words which I command you this day shall be upon your heart;
and you shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.
And you shall bind them as a sign upon your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
And you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
Deut 6:4-9

The Jews until this day fulfill this commandment. Every morning they put upon their arm and upon their forehead their phylacteries, (prayer belts) that consist of black straps with black leather cubes, that contain parchment upon which is written this Biblical text that says that God is one. Upon the doorposts of the houses of the religious Jews there are small boxes or containers that also contain parchment upon which is written that God is one. During the morning and evening prayers the above text is recited which says that God is one.

For more "God is one", look here: https://sites.google.com...
Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 1:33:47 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.

And the Bible clearly reveals three natures or aspects of God throughout scripture but they don't fully materialize until after the Messiah in terms of how they apply which is why you see more distinction in the NT, and this is what is important...
John 5
6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Okay first of all I'm not a "Trinitarian", I'm neither for it or against it because I'm not about doctrines per say rather function. What I am about as I said, is understanding the revelation of it and how it applies to us, and what are these "three" aspects of God that are mentioned throughout scriptures.

What does the passage above mean by "one"? Let's forget the doctrines crap for a minute and focus on this.... the answer is simply in one word also found in scripture, and that is unity.
What is unity? Unity is having more than one of something and joining them as a whole, one, or a singular function. If there are three aspects or functions of God they can easily be considered a single unit if the three are in one single accord, that they have the same purpose and goal, as Jesus says "when you see me you see the Father".

We know this is a logical conception and so we have a logical basis for three aspects of God to be understood as a One, or a single unit, because they move as a single source with the same purposes and never divert or deviate from that, so they need not be looked upon as separate but rather the same source, One.

Personally, I believe the importance is not whether the three are individual entities or God's or all one God, but what the functions are and how they apply...
If we view it in terms of application it makes more sense, and if one applies them in their life then it does not matter whether or not the person believes it to be " That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE." as you said above..

Here are a few scriptural passages that distinguish one from the other...

The Father

Matthew 23
And call no [man] your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Matthew 22
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

John 15
8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.

9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

The Son

John 14
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

1 Timothy 2
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

6 Who gave himself a ransom for all

John 6
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

The Holy Spirit

John 15
26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

Acts 19
2 He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.

3 And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.

4 Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.

5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.

All in all, anyone who would deny that the Bible talks about three distinct aspects of God (the Father, Son and Spirit) are seriously mistaken or in denial. To me, it sounds something like this.... God the Father is where all things come to be, the Son is the face and heart of God, for He is how we relate and see God, and the Holy Spirit is God's presence in the material constructs of the universe and mankind's spirit.
Whether or not they are individuals or not it doesn't really matter in terms of application, each one has plays a significant role in the life of a believer, so it must be recognized.
graceofgod
Posts: 5,032
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 2:12:44 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

'See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6


"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.

God the alpha and omega , the first and the last who died and rose again...

did God die???
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 2:50:37 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

'See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6


"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.
We know that muhammad's version of a trinity ie god, mary and jesus is a load of codswallop, but we have to wonder where he got such an insane idea?
Any idea?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Eliyahu
Posts: 242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 5:52:37 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/1/2016 1:33:47 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.

And the Bible clearly reveals three natures or aspects of God throughout scripture but they don't fully materialize until after the Messiah in terms of how they apply which is why you see more distinction in the NT, and this is what is important...
John 5
6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Bs"d

And what about 1 John 5:7? "For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one."

Well, this looks like a great text to proof a trinity, except for the fact that this is a falsification of your Bible. In the original Greek manuscripts of the New Testament this verse doesn't exist.

This text is later added to you Bible, in a desperate attempt to proof a trinity which cannot be proven.

The NT has come to us in bits and pieces. A Gospel from here, the letters of Paul from there... The first ones who compiled of this a reliable text of the NT where Westcott and Hort who did so in 1881.

In that Greek text of the NT is written in 1 John 5:7; "For there are three that testify"

That's all.

Followed by verse 8: "the Spirit, and the water, and the blood, and the three are into the one."

The whole part about the Father, the word and the holy spirit, and that those are one, doesn't exist in the original Greek text.

Nowadays the Greek text of dr Eberhard Nestle is the most reliable text of the NT, and in 1 John 5:7+8 it is exactly the same as the text of Westcott and Hort.

You don't have to take my word for it, just ask your pastor or reverend, and he'll confirm these facts.

About 30,000 Greek manuscripts of the New Testament have been found.

Of those thousands manuscripts that trinity formula is to be found in only four (4) manuscripts, and not one of those four goes back any further than the sixteenth century.

Therefore all Bible scholars agree that it is a 16th century falsification. Some say it was a note in the margin which ended up in the text.

Therefore all modern Bible translations leave out that part that doesn't belong in your Bible. Some translations put it between brackets, and some old ones like the KJV still have it in the text.

Old translations like the KJV are based on the so called "Textus Receptus", and that is based on relatively young and unreliable manuscripts.

The textus receptus of the Greek NT is compiled by Erasmus, and published in 1516.

The interesting part is that the first edition of the Textus Receptus didn't have that trinity formula in 1 John 5:7. When the church asked him why he didn't put in the Comma Johanneum, he answered: "I have never in my life seen a Greek manuscript which contains it."

Then the church showed him one, (the ink probably still wet on it) and in the following editions the comma was included.

Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org...

"Erasmus had been studying Greek New Testament manuscripts for many years, in the Netherlands, France, England and Switzerland, noting their many variants, but had only six Greek manuscripts immediately accessible to him in Basel.[5] They all dated from the 12th Century or later, and only one came from outside the mainstream Byzantine tradition. Consequently, most modern scholars consider his text to be of dubious quality.[7]

With the third edition of Erasmus' Greek text (1522) the Comma Johanneum was included, because "Erasmus chose to avoid any occasion for slander rather than persisting in philological accuracy", even though he remained "convinced that it did not belong to the original text of l John."[8]

There is no such thing as a trinity, not in the Old Testament and not in the New Testament.
Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 10:29:27 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/1/2016 5:52:37 PM, Eliyahu wrote:
At 2/1/2016 1:33:47 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.

And the Bible clearly reveals three natures or aspects of God throughout scripture but they don't fully materialize until after the Messiah in terms of how they apply which is why you see more distinction in the NT, and this is what is important...
John 5
6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Bs"d

And what about 1 John 5:7? "For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one."

Well, this looks like a great text to proof a trinity, except for the fact that this is a falsification of your Bible. In the original Greek manuscripts of the New Testament this verse doesn't exist.

This text is later added to you Bible, in a desperate attempt to proof a trinity which cannot be proven.

Except for the fact I never argued for a "Trinity" doctrine, so maybe next time pay attention. I could have just as easily used another passage as I did but you chose to only focus on one single thing and because you did you missed the rest of what I said. And I specifically said "I'm not a Trinitarian".

The NT has come to us in bits and pieces. A Gospel from here, the letters of Paul from there... The first ones who compiled of this a reliable text of the NT where Westcott and Hort who did so in 1881.

In that Greek text of the NT is written in 1 John 5:7; "For there are three that testify"


That's all.


Followed by verse 8: "the Spirit, and the water, and the blood, and the three are into the one."

The whole part about the Father, the word and the holy spirit, and that those are one, doesn't exist in the original Greek text.

Nowadays the Greek text of dr Eberhard Nestle is the most reliable text of the NT, and in 1 John 5:7+8 it is exactly the same as the text of Westcott and Hort.

You don't have to take my word for it, just ask your pastor or reverend, and he'll confirm these facts.

About 30,000 Greek manuscripts of the New Testament have been found.

Of those thousands manuscripts that trinity formula is to be found in only four (4) manuscripts, and not one of those four goes back any further than the sixteenth century.

Therefore all Bible scholars agree that it is a 16th century falsification. Some say it was a note in the margin which ended up in the text.

Therefore all modern Bible translations leave out that part that doesn't belong in your Bible. Some translations put it between brackets, and some old ones like the KJV still have it in the text.

Old translations like the KJV are based on the so called "Textus Receptus", and that is based on relatively young and unreliable manuscripts.

The textus receptus of the Greek NT is compiled by Erasmus, and published in 1516.

The interesting part is that the first edition of the Textus Receptus didn't have that trinity formula in 1 John 5:7. When the church asked him why he didn't put in the Comma Johanneum, he answered: "I have never in my life seen a Greek manuscript which contains it."

Then the church showed him one, (the ink probably still wet on it) and in the following editions the comma was included.

Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org...

"Erasmus had been studying Greek New Testament manuscripts for many years, in the Netherlands, France, England and Switzerland, noting their many variants, but had only six Greek manuscripts immediately accessible to him in Basel.[5] They all dated from the 12th Century or later, and only one came from outside the mainstream Byzantine tradition. Consequently, most modern scholars consider his text to be of dubious quality.[7]

With the third edition of Erasmus' Greek text (1522) the Comma Johanneum was included, because "Erasmus chose to avoid any occasion for slander rather than persisting in philological accuracy", even though he remained "convinced that it did not belong to the original text of l John."[8]

There is no such thing as a trinity, not in the Old Testament and not in the New Testament.
graceofgod
Posts: 5,032
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 10:33:00 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

'See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6


"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.

we have body, soul and spirit ... are we one person or three people..??
Gentorev
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 5:02:25 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/1/2016 11:16:10 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:48:53 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

'See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6


"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.

Psalms 82: 1; God presides in the heavenly council; in the assembly of the gods he gives his decisions, etc, etc.

Based on the actual verses that are psalms 82, everyone is a god. It clearly distinguishes between a God and those of the Earth who merely thought or currently think they are Gods or rulers of the Earth. Saying that verse references more than one God is wrong and not even remotely the correct interpretation.

John 10: 34-36; Jesus answered them, "Has it not been written in your Law, "I SAID, YOU ARE GODS"? If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), do you say of Him, (The Christ within Jesus who commanded him what to say) whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, "You are blaspheming," because I said, "I am the Son of God"?

Hebrews 5:7-10 NWT
7 In the days of his flesh [Christ] offered up supplications and also petitions to the One who was able to save him out of death, with strong outcries and tears, and he was favorably heard for his godly fear. 8 Although he was "A" Son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered; 9 and after he had been made perfect he became responsible for everlasting salvation to all those obeying him, 10 because he has been specifically called by God a high priest according to the manner of Melchizedek.

Hebrews 5:7-10 ESV
(7) In the days of his flesh, Jesus offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence. (8) Although he was "A" son, he learned obedience through what he suffered. (9) And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him, (10) being designated by God a high priest after the order of Melchizedek.

Hebrews 5:7-10 LITV
(7) who in the days of His flesh was offering both petitions and entreaties to Him being able to save Him from death, with strong crying and tears, and being heard from His godly fear; (8) though being "A" Son, He learned obedience from what He suffered (9) and having been perfected, He came to be the Author of eternal salvation to all the ones obeying Him, (10) having been called out by God as a High Priest according to the order of Melchizedek.

It was after he was made perfect through his sufferings, and had learned to be obedient to his indwelling ancestral Parent, it was then that he became the source through which eternal salvation could be gained and it was after he had been brought to perfection that the Lord our saviour Made him high priest with these words as he came up from the Baptismal waters, "You are my son, TODAY I have become your Father.

Hebrew 5: 5; In the same way, Christ did not take upon himself the honour of being high priest. Instead, God said to him, "You are my son; TODAY I have become your Father.
The tongue, the sharp two edged sword that divides the spirit from the soul.
Eliyahu
Posts: 242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 5:20:52 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/1/2016 10:33:00 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

'See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6


"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.

we have body, soul and spirit ... are we one person or three people..??

Bs"d

What is the difference between soul and spirit?
Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.
Eliyahu
Posts: 242
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 5:25:21 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/2/2016 5:02:25 AM, Gentorev wrote:
Psalms 82: 1; God presides in the heavenly council; in the assembly of the gods he gives his decisions, etc, etc.

Based on the actual verses that are psalms 82, everyone is a god. It clearly distinguishes between a God and those of the Earth who merely thought or currently think they are Gods or rulers of the Earth. Saying that verse references more than one God is wrong and not even remotely the correct interpretation.

John 10: 34-36; Jesus answered them, "Has it not been written in your Law, "I SAID, YOU ARE GODS"? If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), do you say of Him, (The Christ within Jesus who commanded him what to say) whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, "You are blaspheming," because I said, "I am the Son of God"?

Bs"d

The words here translated as "gods" is "elohiem". "Elohiem" means "powers".
Because of the fact that God is the source of all powers that word is use for God.

But the word is also used for mighty men, judges, leaders, and other men.
Moses is called an "elohiem" in Ex 4 and 7.

Judges are called "elohiem" in the Tanach.

Therefore the NT is also here wrong by translating "elohiem" as "gods". It should have been something like: "You are all mighty men".
Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.
Gentorev
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 5:29:48 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/2/2016 5:20:52 AM, Eliyahu wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:33:00 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

'See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6


"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.

we have body, soul and spirit ... are we one person or three people..??

Bs"d

What is the difference between soul and spirit?

You are body, soul and spirit. Your body is made up from the universal elements, and it is activated by the universal soul, which is the animating principle that pervades the entire universal body, activating everything within the universe, from the wave particles to the subatomic particles that make up the atoms which are the building blocks of the molecules from which the universal body is created. It is to the universal soul=LIFE-FORCE that all information = SPIRIT is gathered.

"YOU" the mind, are spirit. The body in which you, [The mind] are developing as the supreme head and controller of that body, is made up of the universal elements, which is activated by the soul [Animating life force] to which all the spirit [gathered information] of all your ancestors, human and prehuman, has been gathered in the evolution of whatever was in the beginning to become who you are, and that parental spirit dwells behind the veil to the inner most sanctuary of its earthly tabernacle=tent, which is your body.

If that body in which your parental spirit dwells, were born without the sense of sight, hearing, smell, taste, touch, etc, then no information whatsoever could be taken into the brain, and "YOU" who are spirit [Gathered information] could never have begun to develop and the living body, in which the parental spirit dwells, would soon die, never having developed a personality = "CONTROLLING GODHEAD" to that body.

Then of the Thee in Me who works behind
The veil, I lifted up my hands to find
A lamp amid the Darkness; and I heard,
As from Without__ "The Me within Thee is blind.".... By Omar Khayyam.

When the body in which you [the mind] are being formed, dies, [This is the first death] and your body: "skin, flesh, muscle, blood, bone, brain matter etc, etc," has returned to the universal elements from which it was created, all that remains, is a shadow or rather, a facsimile of YOU = the mind=spirit, that has been imprinted into the universal life force=soul, from which it will be resurrected in the next cycle of universal activity.

Unless of course, the information=spirit that is "YOU" is divided from the universal life-force, which is the second death. For the spirit=information that is you, can be divided from the universal soul----------"For the word of God is alive and active, sharper than any two edged sword. It cuts all the way through to the division of the soul and spirit."
The tongue, the sharp two edged sword that divides the spirit from the soul.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,861
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 6:14:16 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/2/2016 5:02:25 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/1/2016 11:16:10 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:48:53 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

'See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6


"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.

Psalms 82: 1; God presides in the heavenly council; in the assembly of the gods he gives his decisions, etc, etc.

Based on the actual verses that are psalms 82, everyone is a god. It clearly distinguishes between a God and those of the Earth who merely thought or currently think they are Gods or rulers of the Earth. Saying that verse references more than one God is wrong and not even remotely the correct interpretation.

John 10: 34-36; Jesus answered them, "Has it not been written in your Law, "I SAID, YOU ARE GODS"? If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), do you say of Him, (The Christ within Jesus who commanded him what to say) whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, "You are blaspheming," because I said, "I am the Son of God"?
This was at a time when men thought and referred to themselves as gods. Are you really this clueless about ancient civilization when men called themselves gods.
Hebrews 5:7-10 NWT
7 In the days of his flesh [Christ] offered up supplications and also petitions to the One who was able to save him out of death, with strong outcries and tears, and he was favorably heard for his godly fear. 8 Although he was "A" Son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered; 9 and after he had been made perfect he became responsible for everlasting salvation to all those obeying him, 10 because he has been specifically called by God a high priest according to the manner of Melchizedek.

Hebrews 5:7-10 ESV
(7) In the days of his flesh, Jesus offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence. (8) Although he was "A" son, he learned obedience through what he suffered. (9) And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him, (10) being designated by God a high priest after the order of Melchizedek.

Hebrews 5:7-10 LITV
(7) who in the days of His flesh was offering both petitions and entreaties to Him being able to save Him from death, with strong crying and tears, and being heard from His godly fear; (8) though being "A" Son, He learned obedience from what He suffered (9) and having been perfected, He came to be the Author of eternal salvation to all the ones obeying Him, (10) having been called out by God as a High Priest according to the order of Melchizedek.

It was after he was made perfect through his sufferings, and had learned to be obedient to his indwelling ancestral Parent, it was then that he became the source through which eternal salvation could be gained and it was after he had been brought to perfection that the Lord our saviour Made him high priest with these words as he came up from the Baptismal waters, "You are my son, TODAY I have become your Father.

Hebrew 5: 5; In the same way, Christ did not take upon himself the honour of being high priest. Instead, God said to him, "You are my son; TODAY I have become your Father.

In regards to Adam and eve, "they became as gods knowing good and evil". Does this mean they were "gods" or there are more than one God? You don't understand verse. People referred to themselves as gods. Just because lessons are being taught in this manner and referring to others or anything else with the plural gods doesn't mean there are gods.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 6:19:50 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

'See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6


"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.

There is also ONE BODY of sheep on Earth. How many sheep in that body ?
http://www.knowsheep.eu...
Gentorev
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 7:20:47 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/2/2016 6:14:16 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 2/2/2016 5:02:25 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/1/2016 11:16:10 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:48:53 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

'See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6


"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.

Psalms 82: 1; God presides in the heavenly council; in the assembly of the gods he gives his decisions, etc, etc.

Based on the actual verses that are psalms 82, everyone is a god. It clearly distinguishes between a God and those of the Earth who merely thought or currently think they are Gods or rulers of the Earth. Saying that verse references more than one God is wrong and not even remotely the correct interpretation.

John 10: 34-36; Jesus answered them, "Has it not been written in your Law, "I SAID, YOU ARE GODS"? If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), do you say of Him, (The Christ within Jesus who commanded him what to say) whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, "You are blaspheming," because I said, "I am the Son of God"?
This was at a time when men thought and referred to themselves as gods. Are you really this clueless about ancient civilization when men called themselves gods.
Hebrews 5:7-10 NWT
7 In the days of his flesh [Christ] offered up supplications and also petitions to the One who was able to save him out of death, with strong outcries and tears, and he was favorably heard for his godly fear. 8 Although he was "A" Son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered; 9 and after he had been made perfect he became responsible for everlasting salvation to all those obeying him, 10 because he has been specifically called by God a high priest according to the manner of Melchizedek.

Hebrews 5:7-10 ESV
(7) In the days of his flesh, Jesus offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence. (8) Although he was "A" son, he learned obedience through what he suffered. (9) And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him, (10) being designated by God a high priest after the order of Melchizedek.

Hebrews 5:7-10 LITV
(7) who in the days of His flesh was offering both petitions and entreaties to Him being able to save Him from death, with strong crying and tears, and being heard from His godly fear; (8) though being "A" Son, He learned obedience from what He suffered (9) and having been perfected, He came to be the Author of eternal salvation to all the ones obeying Him, (10) having been called out by God as a High Priest according to the order of Melchizedek.

It was after he was made perfect through his sufferings, and had learned to be obedient to his indwelling ancestral Parent, it was then that he became the source through which eternal salvation could be gained and it was after he had been brought to perfection that the Lord our saviour Made him high priest with these words as he came up from the Baptismal waters, "You are my son, TODAY I have become your Father.

Hebrew 5: 5; In the same way, Christ did not take upon himself the honour of being high priest. Instead, God said to him, "You are my son; TODAY I have become your Father.

In regards to Adam and eve, "they became as gods knowing good and evil". Does this mean they were "gods" or there are more than one God? You don't understand verse. People referred to themselves as gods. Just because lessons are being taught in this manner and referring to others or anything else with the plural gods doesn't mean there are gods.

They became "LIKE" gods judging for themselves that which they believed was good and what was bad, rather that simply being obedient to their indwelling ancestral being.

An animal simply follows its ancestral instincts, this was when the animal became Man, and began to judge for him self, that which was right or wrong.
The tongue, the sharp two edged sword that divides the spirit from the soul.
frbnsn
Posts: 353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 9:08:22 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/1/2016 2:50:37 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

'See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6


"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.
We know that muhammad's version of a trinity ie god, mary and jesus is a load of codswallop, but we have to wonder where he got such an insane idea?
Any idea?

Where did you know 'muhammad's version of a trinity' from?!
There is not trinity in Islam.
frbnsn
Posts: 353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 9:12:29 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/1/2016 10:33:00 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

'See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6


"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.

we have body, soul and spirit ... are we one person or three people..??

Body soul and spirit are components of a person, not three persons.
Gentorev
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 9:18:49 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/2/2016 9:08:22 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 2/1/2016 2:50:37 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

'See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6


"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.
We know that muhammad's version of a trinity ie god, mary and jesus is a load of codswallop, but we have to wonder where he got such an insane idea?
Any idea?

Where did you know 'muhammad's version of a trinity' from?!
There is not trinity in Islam.

Just ignore the idiot troll who is ignorant to all scripture and whose only purpose in life is to attempt to derail any religious thread.
The tongue, the sharp two edged sword that divides the spirit from the soul.
frbnsn
Posts: 353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 9:40:13 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/2/2016 6:19:50 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

'See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6


"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.

There is also ONE BODY of sheep on Earth. How many sheep in that body ?
http://www.knowsheep.eu...

No... No... We can consider each herd or flock or pile or community...is one body.
But God says 'He is ONE (pure, with no components)'
frbnsn
Posts: 353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 9:43:37 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/2/2016 9:18:49 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/2/2016 9:08:22 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 2/1/2016 2:50:37 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

'See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6


"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.
We know that muhammad's version of a trinity ie god, mary and jesus is a load of codswallop, but we have to wonder where he got such an insane idea?
Any idea?

Where did you know 'muhammad's version of a trinity' from?!
There is not trinity in Islam.

Just ignore the idiot troll who is ignorant to all scripture and whose only purpose in life is to attempt to derail any religious thread.

I think, you are right,
Gentorev
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 10:04:12 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/2/2016 9:40:13 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 2/2/2016 6:19:50 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

'See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6


"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.

There is also ONE BODY of sheep on Earth. How many sheep in that body ?
http://www.knowsheep.eu...

No... No... We can consider each herd or flock or pile or community...is one body.
But God says 'He is ONE (pure, with no components)'

He is one, He is the singularity in who all exist and who exists in all that is.
The tongue, the sharp two edged sword that divides the spirit from the soul.
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 10:26:10 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/2/2016 9:08:22 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 2/1/2016 2:50:37 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

'See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6


"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.
We know that muhammad's version of a trinity ie god, mary and jesus is a load of codswallop, but we have to wonder where he got such an insane idea?
Any idea?

Where did you know 'muhammad's version of a trinity' from?!
There is not trinity in Islam.
The quran. Haven't you read it?
Of course the trinity that muhammad claimed the christians believed in doesn't exist in Islam, because it doesn't exist in christianity regardless of what muhammad erroneously thought. His claim that the trinity of god, mary and jesus being false was right, It was just his stupid mistaken idea of the trinity though. He never actually denied the trinity of god, the son and the holy spirit.
I guess if he didn't deny the christian trinity then he must have approved of it. You now have a trinity in Islam, aren't you lucky?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Gentorev
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 11:19:27 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/2/2016 10:26:10 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/2/2016 9:08:22 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 2/1/2016 2:50:37 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

'See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6


"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.
We know that muhammad's version of a trinity ie god, mary and jesus is a load of codswallop, but we have to wonder where he got such an insane idea?
Any idea?

Where did you know 'muhammad's version of a trinity' from?!
There is not trinity in Islam.
The quran. Haven't you read it?
Of course the trinity that muhammad claimed the christians believed in doesn't exist in Islam, because it doesn't exist in christianity regardless of what muhammad erroneously thought. His claim that the trinity of god, mary and jesus being false was right, It was just his stupid mistaken idea of the trinity though. He never actually denied the trinity of god, the son and the holy spirit.
I guess if he didn't deny the christian trinity then he must have approved of it. You now have a trinity in Islam, aren't you lucky?

Does this mean that you approve of everything that you haven't denied.
You definitely are in need of psychiatric help young fellow.
The tongue, the sharp two edged sword that divides the spirit from the soul.
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 12:45:05 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/2/2016 11:19:27 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/2/2016 10:26:10 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/2/2016 9:08:22 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 2/1/2016 2:50:37 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

'See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6


"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.
We know that muhammad's version of a trinity ie god, mary and jesus is a load of codswallop, but we have to wonder where he got such an insane idea?
Any idea?

Where did you know 'muhammad's version of a trinity' from?!
There is not trinity in Islam.
The quran. Haven't you read it?
Of course the trinity that muhammad claimed the christians believed in doesn't exist in Islam, because it doesn't exist in christianity regardless of what muhammad erroneously thought. His claim that the trinity of god, mary and jesus being false was right, It was just his stupid mistaken idea of the trinity though. He never actually denied the trinity of god, the son and the holy spirit.
I guess if he didn't deny the christian trinity then he must have approved of it. You now have a trinity in Islam, aren't you lucky?

Does this mean that you approve of everything that you haven't denied.
You definitely are in need of psychiatric help young fellow.
Comprehension is verboten in the religious I guess.
I was discussing muhammad.
Do try to keep up.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Gentorev
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 12:57:04 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/2/2016 12:45:05 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/2/2016 11:19:27 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/2/2016 10:26:10 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/2/2016 9:08:22 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 2/1/2016 2:50:37 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

'See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6


"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.
We know that muhammad's version of a trinity ie god, mary and jesus is a load of codswallop, but we have to wonder where he got such an insane idea?
Any idea?

Where did you know 'muhammad's version of a trinity' from?!
There is not trinity in Islam.
The quran. Haven't you read it?
Of course the trinity that muhammad claimed the christians believed in doesn't exist in Islam, because it doesn't exist in christianity regardless of what muhammad erroneously thought. His claim that the trinity of god, mary and jesus being false was right, It was just his stupid mistaken idea of the trinity though. He never actually denied the trinity of god, the son and the holy spirit.
I guess if he didn't deny the christian trinity then he must have approved of it that if. You now have a trinity in Islam, aren't you lucky?

Does this mean that you approve of everything that you haven't denied.
You definitely are in need of psychiatric help young fellow.
Comprehension is verboten in the religious I guess.
I was discussing muhammad.
Do try to keep up.

You may have been talking about Muhammad muggins, But it was your opinion/guess, that if he didn't deny it, then he must have approved of it. This is your way of thinking, if something is not denied, then it must obviously (In your opinion) be accepted.

Take your medication, and get back on the couch son, How do you ever expect to be cured.
The tongue, the sharp two edged sword that divides the spirit from the soul.
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 1:35:01 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/2/2016 12:57:04 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/2/2016 12:45:05 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/2/2016 11:19:27 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/2/2016 10:26:10 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/2/2016 9:08:22 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 2/1/2016 2:50:37 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

'See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6


"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.
We know that muhammad's version of a trinity ie god, mary and jesus is a load of codswallop, but we have to wonder where he got such an insane idea?
Any idea?

Where did you know 'muhammad's version of a trinity' from?!
There is not trinity in Islam.
The quran. Haven't you read it?
Of course the trinity that muhammad claimed the christians believed in doesn't exist in Islam, because it doesn't exist in christianity regardless of what muhammad erroneously thought. His claim that the trinity of god, mary and jesus being false was right, It was just his stupid mistaken idea of the trinity though. He never actually denied the trinity of god, the son and the holy spirit.
I guess if he didn't deny the christian trinity then he must have approved of it that if. You now have a trinity in Islam, aren't you lucky?

Does this mean that you approve of everything that you haven't denied.
You definitely are in need of psychiatric help young fellow.
Comprehension is verboten in the religious I guess.
I was discussing muhammad.
Do try to keep up.

You may have been talking about Muhammad muggins, But it was your opinion/guess, that if he didn't deny it, then he must have approved of it. This is your way of thinking, if something is not denied, then it must obviously (In your opinion) be accepted.

Take your medication, and get back on the couch son, How do you ever expect to be cured.
Work on your comprehension, your fantasies don't count as reality for anyone else but you. The problem is that you don't even know what your way of thinking is, thus claiming to understand mine is simply imbecilic.
Do try to keep up, I'm getting tired of requesting that of you.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
graceofgod
Posts: 5,032
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 5:56:41 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/2/2016 9:12:29 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:33:00 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

'See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6


"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.

we have body, soul and spirit ... are we one person or three people..??

Body soul and spirit are components of a person, not three persons.

precisely, we are made in God's image, so the idea of God is three parts in one is not so difficult to fathom or imagine is it!!
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,861
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 7:18:12 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/2/2016 7:20:47 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/2/2016 6:14:16 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 2/2/2016 5:02:25 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/1/2016 11:16:10 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:48:53 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/1/2016 10:09:53 AM, frbnsn wrote:
The Bible very clerly says that there is only ONE God:

"Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD, he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath; there is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39

'See now that I, even I, am He, and there is no god with me." Deuteronomy..32:39

"I am He, before Me no god was created, neither shall there be after Me." Isaiah 43:10

Thus saith the LORD, the King of Israel and his redeemer, the LORD of hosts, I am the first, and I am the last, and beside Me there is no god." Isaiah 44:6


"...I am the LORD, and there is none else." Isaiah 45:18

One means one. That is not two, not three, not three in one, not two in one, but.ONE.

Psalms 82: 1; God presides in the heavenly council; in the assembly of the gods he gives his decisions, etc, etc.

Based on the actual verses that are psalms 82, everyone is a god. It clearly distinguishes between a God and those of the Earth who merely thought or currently think they are Gods or rulers of the Earth. Saying that verse references more than one God is wrong and not even remotely the correct interpretation.

John 10: 34-36; Jesus answered them, "Has it not been written in your Law, "I SAID, YOU ARE GODS"? If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came (and the Scripture cannot be broken), do you say of Him, (The Christ within Jesus who commanded him what to say) whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, "You are blaspheming," because I said, "I am the Son of God"?
This was at a time when men thought and referred to themselves as gods. Are you really this clueless about ancient civilization when men called themselves gods.
Hebrews 5:7-10 NWT
7 In the days of his flesh [Christ] offered up supplications and also petitions to the One who was able to save him out of death, with strong outcries and tears, and he was favorably heard for his godly fear. 8 Although he was "A" Son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered; 9 and after he had been made perfect he became responsible for everlasting salvation to all those obeying him, 10 because he has been specifically called by God a high priest according to the manner of Melchizedek.

Hebrews 5:7-10 ESV
(7) In the days of his flesh, Jesus offered up prayers and supplications, with loud cries and tears, to him who was able to save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverence. (8) Although he was "A" son, he learned obedience through what he suffered. (9) And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him, (10) being designated by God a high priest after the order of Melchizedek.

Hebrews 5:7-10 LITV
(7) who in the days of His flesh was offering both petitions and entreaties to Him being able to save Him from death, with strong crying and tears, and being heard from His godly fear; (8) though being "A" Son, He learned obedience from what He suffered (9) and having been perfected, He came to be the Author of eternal salvation to all the ones obeying Him, (10) having been called out by God as a High Priest according to the order of Melchizedek.

It was after he was made perfect through his sufferings, and had learned to be obedient to his indwelling ancestral Parent, it was then that he became the source through which eternal salvation could be gained and it was after he had been brought to perfection that the Lord our saviour Made him high priest with these words as he came up from the Baptismal waters, "You are my son, TODAY I have become your Father.

Hebrew 5: 5; In the same way, Christ did not take upon himself the honour of being high priest. Instead, God said to him, "You are my son; TODAY I have become your Father.

In regards to Adam and eve, "they became as gods knowing good and evil". Does this mean they were "gods" or there are more than one God? You don't understand verse. People referred to themselves as gods. Just because lessons are being taught in this manner and referring to others or anything else with the plural gods doesn't mean there are gods.

They became "LIKE" gods judging for themselves that which they believed was good and what was bad, rather that simply being obedient to their indwelling ancestral being.

An animal simply follows its ancestral instincts, this was when the animal became Man, and began to judge for him self, that which was right or wrong.
You obviously lack a rudimentary understanding of this subject, especially in regards to instincts. Your convoluted argumentation clearly shows an ignorance. Hagd