Jump to topic:

Why religious people should be pro choice

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 7:49:06 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Abortion is a great way to please the Lord.

Studies show that up to 25% of all clinically recognized pregnancies will end in spontaneous abortion (SAB), or miscarriage as it"s more commonly known. Clearly the biggest threat to the unborn child is God himself, so there goes the religious part of the argument. Plus, over 70% of abortions are given to women who self-identify as Protestant or Catholic, so religious women don"t seem to think it"s an issue either. Who is on the Lord"s side? Planned Parenthood apparently, which is why I stand with them.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 9:07:25 PM
Those committed to an agreement, are pro-agreement or should be. In the case of Christianity Christians are committed by agreement to none abortion in respect to they themselves would not do so as understood in respect to life and living. I am sure there are times and circumstances were a judgment call is required. And in the case of US law they are not required to abort. Hence still free to live as they believe.

Now in the case of US citizens that are Christian and have the right to vote then it would seem logical for them to vote accordingly. That is their agreed power in this society. If a law maker is voted in on that same issue then it would be ethical for that law maker to vote has he has agreed to do when he was seeking votes.

But that doesn't mean, in the case of the USA those of other beliefs don't have the right to vote respectively. In order to have the right to do as they see fit.
Geogeer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 10:42:08 PM
At 2/2/2016 7:49:06 PM, Wylted wrote:

Studies show that up to 25% of all clinically recognized pregnancies will end in spontaneous abortion (SAB), or miscarriage as it"s more commonly known. Clearly the biggest threat to the unborn child is God himself, so there goes the religious part of the argument. Plus, over 70% of abortions are given to women who self-identify as Protestant or Catholic, so religious women don"t seem to think it"s an issue either. Who is on the Lord"s side? Planned Parenthood apparently, which is why I stand with them.

*pries fingers away from keyboard* <must not enter trolling thread>
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 10:43:23 PM
At 2/2/2016 8:35:38 PM, Wylted wrote:
Stop bumpibg other threads over mine idiots.

Stop posting idiot trolling threads.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 10:47:42 PM
At 2/2/2016 10:43:23 PM, janesix wrote:

I'm serious
janesix
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2016 11:28:08 PM
At 2/2/2016 10:47:42 PM, Wylted wrote:

I'm serious

Ok then. Please accept my apologies.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:15:03 AM

Abortion is a very emotive subject, personally I am against it but if a woman is raped I can understand why they would..
The fact that it is the woman's choice is also an interesting point but how come the father does not have a say...
PeacefulChaos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:20:16 AM

I'm serious

I'm Snape
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 12:23:41 AM
At 2/3/2016 12:20:16 AM, PeacefulChaos wrote:

I'm serious

I'm Snape

Nice to meet you, and this is the honest truth. Besides Geogeer's statement. This is the least retarded statement in the thread so far
dsjpk5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 2:08:19 AM

Trolling is fun, huh?
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 6:21:14 AM
At 2/3/2016 2:08:19 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:

Trolling is fun, huh?

Maybe
Forthelulz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 6:59:44 AM

Okay, so you're essentially saying that God is killing the unborn, ignoring that God has already killed pretty much all of us due to old age and other goodies.
Then again, without death, life has no value, so, in other words Wylted,
=Chief Defenestrator=

#ImperiumAmerica

This user is an Angel and will answer any DDO-related questions to the best of their ability. PM for help, or post in the Welcome Thread.
Before you do anything:
http://www.debate.org...
Welcome Thread:
New Members Read Me:
Argument Bingo
http://imgur.com...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 7:20:31 AM
At 2/3/2016 12:15:03 AM, graceofgod wrote:

Abortion is a very emotive subject, personally I am against it but if a woman is raped I can understand why they would..
The fact that it is the woman's choice is also an interesting point but how come the father does not have a say...
Yeah the rapist has to have a say!
WTF?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 7:23:17 AM
At 2/3/2016 7:20:31 AM, bulproof wrote:

WTF?
But really the reason the father doesn't have a say is because it's not his body. Pretty simple. How many people do you allow to determine whether or not you have a medical procedure performed on you?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 7:35:30 AM

WTF?

Whu not? What's wrong with rapists?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 7:37:47 AM
At 2/3/2016 7:23:17 AM, bulproof wrote:

WTF?
But really the reason the father doesn't have a say is because it's not his body. Pretty simple. How many people do you allow to determine whether or not you have a medical procedure performed on you?

Fvck you! Killing a baby is wrong. There is really nothing different in a baby the day before it's born and t the day acter. If my wife wants to abort at 39 weeks and 6 days, I should certainly have a say.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 7:46:40 AM
At 2/3/2016 7:37:47 AM, Wylted wrote:

WTF?

Fvck you! Killing a baby is wrong. There is really nothing different in a baby the day before it's born and t the day acter. If my wife wants to abort at 39 weeks and 6 days, I should certainly have a say.
Do you use it as a battering ram? You certainly don't use it for thinking. Perhaps it's just to hold your hair above your neck?
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 7:58:22 AM
At 2/3/2016 7:46:40 AM, bulproof wrote:

WTF?

Do you use it as a battering ram? You certainly don't use it for thinking. Perhaps it's just to hold your hair above your neck?

Hmmmm
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 8:00:43 AM
At 2/3/2016 7:46:40 AM, bulproof wrote:

WTF?

Your stupidity is on full display. This is incomprehensible
philochristos
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 8:46:43 AM
At 2/3/2016 12:20:16 AM, PeacefulChaos wrote:

I'm serious

I'm Snape

This conversation just made me smile.
"Not to know of what things one should demand demonstration, and of what one should not, argues want of education." ~Aristotle

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." ~Aristotle
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 9:34:51 AM

WTF?

what!!!! you know that is not what i said or meant.... in the case of rape it is clearly the woman's choice...
In the case of in a relationship or marriage why shouldn't the father have some say in the choice of to abort the pregnancy or not...