Jump to topic:

The Perfect Religion

Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 5:53:41 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
I reckon it would be a great idea, for some, to have all the 4000 different Christian religions put out their dogma on plates, like in a sm"rg"sbord, and everyone go around and take the bits they want.

I would go for the faith healers first. Just think of the amount of money one could save on doctors and hospitals and stuff. I would even volunteer for others that are ill and can't get to the church on time. That way I could charge a fee and hand it over as a tithe.

Then, very dubiously, I would look at the Roman catholic offering. Naturally I would go for all the fun things like Xmas and Easter, add a dash of purgatory, limbo and of course I would reserve a cloud in heaven. Yes! I know it would cost me, but once the package deal was worked out and the paper work signed I could not go to church and just claim I am a Catholic. This is already available as there are practicing catholics and just catholics that don't need the practice.

Just so I can show my sincerity, I would take the six literal days of creation from the Baptists, and help them in putting on the speaking in tongue shows that they are in to these days. I have experience at that , as a young bloke in the bush I often spoke in tongues, but after I sobered up I lost it.

I think the Pentecostals have lost a lot of the charisma. They don't have their ankles break, when they go into a trance, so that they can squat and howl like dogs like they did in the early days...That would b e fun to watch. The snake biters put on a good show as well, and they were a branch of the Costals. It is a shame that the snakes didn't always play fair though.

To add a bit of the exotic, I would go to Haiti where the Catholics bless voodoo rites and inculcate them into the catholic religion there.

Hmm! Now let me think, what next.....
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2016 6:24:52 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
At 2/3/2016 5:53:41 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I reckon it would be a great idea, for some, to have all the 4000 different Christian religions put out their dogma on plates, like in a sm"rg"sbord, and everyone go around and take the bits they want.

I would go for the faith healers first. Just think of the amount of money one could save on doctors and hospitals and stuff. I would even volunteer for others that are ill and can't get to the church on time. That way I could charge a fee and hand it over as a tithe.

Then, very dubiously, I would look at the Roman catholic offering. Naturally I would go for all the fun things like Xmas and Easter, add a dash of purgatory, limbo and of course I would reserve a cloud in heaven. Yes! I know it would cost me, but once the package deal was worked out and the paper work signed I could not go to church and just claim I am a Catholic. This is already available as there are practicing catholics and just catholics that don't need the practice.

Just so I can show my sincerity, I would take the six literal days of creation from the Baptists, and help them in putting on the speaking in tongue shows that they are in to these days. I have experience at that , as a young bloke in the bush I often spoke in tongues, but after I sobered up I lost it.

I think the Pentecostals have lost a lot of the charisma. They don't have their ankles break, when they go into a trance, so that they can squat and howl like dogs like they did in the early days...That would b e fun to watch. The snake biters put on a good show as well, and they were a branch of the Costals. It is a shame that the snakes didn't always play fair though.

To add a bit of the exotic, I would go to Haiti where the Catholics bless voodoo rites and inculcate them into the catholic religion there.

Hmm! Now let me think, what next.....

Reason.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth