Total Posts:135|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Allow Christians to adopt?

brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 11:23:21 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
A Christian couple today brought a case to the High Court in London that they hope will legally force an adoption panel to consider them as suitable people adopt children.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk...

At the moment, adoption panels do not usually allow Christians to adopt children on account of the extremist views they hold on issues such as homosexuality.

However, if this couple are successful – and I sincerely hope they will not be – it could set a legal precedent that will force adoption panels to allow Christians to bring up impressionable children and indoctrinate them with their dangerous and backward religious beliefs.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 11:28:21 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/1/2010 11:23:21 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
A Christian couple today brought a case to the High Court in London that they hope will legally force an adoption panel to consider them as suitable people adopt children.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk...

At the moment, adoption panels do not usually allow Christians to adopt children on account of the extremist views they hold on issues such as homosexuality.

However, if this couple are successful – and I sincerely hope they will not be – it could set a legal precedent that will force adoption panels to allow Christians to bring up impressionable children and indoctrinate them with their dangerous and backward religious beliefs.

Wow. That is disturbing.

A high court telling people if they can/can't adopt.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 11:29:37 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Of course, because the only ones allowed to brainwash people are the state.

The liberty of man consists solely in this: that he obeys natural laws because he has himself recognized them as such, and not because they have been externally imposed upon him by any extrinsic will whatever, divine or human, collective or individual.
--Mikhail Bakunin

Privatise adoption!!!
'sup DDO -- july 2013
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 11:30:21 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/1/2010 11:26:31 AM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Wouldn't that be a bit discriminatory though if religious couples can't adopt children?

Pretty much, a government trying to stop self defined bigotry by enforcing it. Of course it is ok if the high court discriminates.

Completely hypocritical and sickening. What the hell is wrong with people these days.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 11:46:21 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I have mixed feelings about it. I think that the adoption agency should get to know eager parents and just a general eye on them make sure they aren't extreme muslims, christians, atheists, pedophiles etc.
I also believe they should get children like minded to the parents. For example christian parents can only adopt children that identify as christian.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 11:46:58 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/1/2010 11:23:21 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
A Christian couple today brought a case to the High Court in London that they hope will legally force an adoption panel to consider them as suitable people adopt children.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk...

At the moment, adoption panels do not usually allow Christians to adopt children on account of the extremist views they hold on issues such as homosexuality.

However, if this couple are successful – and I sincerely hope they will not be – it could set a legal precedent that will force adoption panels to allow Christians to bring up impressionable children and indoctrinate them with their dangerous and backward religious beliefs.

Wake up America. This is where we are headed.

The High/Supreme Court decides everything for you. Is this what you really want? Do you want the High/Supreme Court telling you if you can/can't adapt? How about them telling you you have no right to your personal property and it is ok for a federal agency to place tracking devices to what ever they want.

This is a very slippery slope indeed.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
Zetsubou
Posts: 4,933
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 12:03:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
The UK has always been more authoritarian than the US. For example our criminal laws are in favour of the persecutor and our definitions are very cryptic and are subject to manipulation. We also make more crap illegal.

=====================================================

At 11/1/2010 11:46:21 AM, lovelife wrote:
I have mixed feelings about it. I think that the adoption agency should get to know eager parents and just a general eye on them make sure they aren't extreme muslims, christians, atheists, pedophiles etc.
I also believe they should get children like minded to the parents. For example christian parents can only adopt children that identify as christian.
Babies with the Christian gene?
'sup DDO -- july 2013
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 12:36:21 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/1/2010 11:29:37 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
Of course, because the only ones allowed to brainwash people are the state.

The liberty of man consists solely in this: that he obeys natural laws because he has himself recognized them as such, and not because they have been externally imposed upon him by any extrinsic will whatever, divine or human, collective or individual.
--Mikhail Bakunin

Privatise adoption!!!

Fascists aren't allowed to quote Bakunin, he's libertarian(ish).
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 1:35:59 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/1/2010 11:46:58 AM, jharry wrote:
At 11/1/2010 11:23:21 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
A Christian couple today brought a case to the High Court in London that they hope will legally force an adoption panel to consider them as suitable people adopt children.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk...

At the moment, adoption panels do not usually allow Christians to adopt children on account of the extremist views they hold on issues such as homosexuality.

However, if this couple are successful – and I sincerely hope they will not be – it could set a legal precedent that will force adoption panels to allow Christians to bring up impressionable children and indoctrinate them with their dangerous and backward religious beliefs.

Wake up America. This is where we are headed.

The High/Supreme Court decides everything for you. Is this what you really want? Do you want the High/Supreme Court telling you if you can/can't adapt? How about them telling you you have no right to your personal property and it is ok for a federal agency to place tracking devices to what ever they want.
The Supreme Court would be far less oppressive than Congress at present.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 1:59:48 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/1/2010 1:35:59 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 11/1/2010 11:46:58 AM, jharry wrote:
At 11/1/2010 11:23:21 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
A Christian couple today brought a case to the High Court in London that they hope will legally force an adoption panel to consider them as suitable people adopt children.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk...

At the moment, adoption panels do not usually allow Christians to adopt children on account of the extremist views they hold on issues such as homosexuality.

However, if this couple are successful – and I sincerely hope they will not be – it could set a legal precedent that will force adoption panels to allow Christians to bring up impressionable children and indoctrinate them with their dangerous and backward religious beliefs.

Wake up America. This is where we are headed.

The High/Supreme Court decides everything for you. Is this what you really want? Do you want the High/Supreme Court telling you if you can/can't adapt? How about them telling you you have no right to your personal property and it is ok for a federal agency to place tracking devices to what ever they want.

The Supreme Court would be far less oppressive than Congress at present.

You would have to define "far less".

Are we talking about numbers of people that are "oppressed?"

Let's see. Congress (the people) make laws according to the the peoples will. Who are the people? The majority.

A judge bases it's laws on who? One to nine people? And who are the representing? The minority.

And still. Your argument is crap. You even said yourself, "at present".

Whop eeeeeeeeeee. Right now I get what I want. Years later I may be subjugated by the very government I gave my decision making capabilities to but for now I get what I want. Sounds like awesome logic R_R.

What the hell is wrong with people these days?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 4:32:07 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/1/2010 4:15:44 PM, badger wrote:
i'm not sure whether i'm for or against this.

Seriously? Your against one form of discrimination but ok with another?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 4:55:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/1/2010 12:03:18 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
The UK has always been more authoritarian than the US. For example our criminal laws are in favour of the persecutor and our definitions are very cryptic and are subject to manipulation. We also make more crap illegal.

=====================================================

At 11/1/2010 11:46:21 AM, lovelife wrote:
I have mixed feelings about it. I think that the adoption agency should get to know eager parents and just a general eye on them make sure they aren't extreme muslims, christians, atheists, pedophiles etc.
I also believe they should get children like minded to the parents. For example christian parents can only adopt children that identify as christian.
Babies with the Christian gene?

Mindset. I would let babies go with anyone unless they were pedophiles or something f-cked up like that. But pedophiles shouldn't really have any kids. Gays christians, muslims, jews, atheists, everyone should be allowed to have babies, unless there is something going against them like rape or something. Or inablility to care for children (not enough room or money etc)
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
lovelife
Posts: 14,629
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 5:10:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/1/2010 4:32:07 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/1/2010 4:15:44 PM, badger wrote:
i'm not sure whether i'm for or against this.

Seriously? Your against one form of discrimination but ok with another?

Well I think I know what he's getting at, and its similar with my veiw. Thats just my guess at least.
I don't want parents adopting a 7 year old little girl cause they think she looks like part of the family or whatever, and they are die hard christians, and she just doesn't believe.
Likewise I wouldn't want the same little girl who personally *knows* Godto be with serious anti-theist type people.
I just want to ensure compatability before the adoption. And if there is a gay child he shouldn't go to homophobics, its just basic things like that. I wouldn't want to give a girl to a two guys that are sexist beyond belief and would treat her as less than human (not sure how common that is, just an example)
If children are up for adoption they have a hard enough time, they might as well get families that best fit them, right?
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 5:11:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/1/2010 4:32:07 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/1/2010 4:15:44 PM, badger wrote:
i'm not sure whether i'm for or against this.

Seriously? Your against one form of discrimination but ok with another?

i hate religion... and i never said i was ok with it.
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 5:14:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/1/2010 5:11:16 PM, badger wrote:
At 11/1/2010 4:32:07 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/1/2010 4:15:44 PM, badger wrote:
i'm not sure whether i'm for or against this.

Seriously? Your against one form of discrimination but ok with another?

i hate religion... and i never said i was ok with it.

and what've i been against?
signature
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 5:15:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/1/2010 5:11:16 PM, badger wrote:
At 11/1/2010 4:32:07 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/1/2010 4:15:44 PM, badger wrote:
i'm not sure whether i'm for or against this.

Seriously? Your against one form of discrimination but ok with another?

i hate religion... and i never said i was ok with it.

So because you hate something it is ok to discriminate? Wow, and they call me a bigot. And I don't even hate people.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 5:17:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/1/2010 11:23:21 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
A Christian couple today brought a case to the High Court in London that they hope will legally force an adoption panel to consider them as suitable people adopt children.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk...

At the moment, adoption panels do not usually allow Christians to adopt children on account of the extremist views they hold on issues such as homosexuality.

However, if this couple are successful – and I sincerely hope they will not be – it could set a legal precedent that will force adoption panels to allow Christians to bring up impressionable children and indoctrinate them with their dangerous and backward religious beliefs.:

So basically you want to limit freedom.

This is no different than affirmative action. You're simply turning the tables of bigotry around on itself and ending up with.... more bigotry.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 5:18:46 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/1/2010 11:29:37 AM, Zetsubou wrote:
Of course, because the only ones allowed to brainwash people are the state.:

Beautiful stated.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 5:21:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/1/2010 5:15:28 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/1/2010 5:11:16 PM, badger wrote:
At 11/1/2010 4:32:07 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/1/2010 4:15:44 PM, badger wrote:
i'm not sure whether i'm for or against this.

Seriously? Your against one form of discrimination but ok with another?

i hate religion... and i never said i was ok with it.

So because you hate something it is ok to discriminate? Wow, and they call me a bigot. And I don't even hate people.

ammm, yeah. i'd hardly marry someone i hated... and i don't hate people..i'm not sure on this because not only do i think it's wrong to deprive someone of the opportunity to have children.. but at the same time i think a chid would be better off not being brainwashed into believing a load of nonsense..
signature
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 5:28:32 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I find this to be sad. Christians should hold the same legal rights to adopt as a Muslim couple or as a homosexual couple. Yes, they will most likely pass on their beliefs but how many atheists or converts on DDO were taught their parent's beliefs as children?

And just because they are Catholic or Christian parents does not mean they want to 'brainwash' their children by all means necessary. I mean, come on people... This discrimination coming from BOTH sides is pitiful. Will we start interviewing people before they can legally get pregnant? Are we going to start screening people based upon their opinions and beliefs for birthing licenses?

<smh>
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
jharry
Posts: 4,984
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 5:29:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/1/2010 5:21:54 PM, badger wrote:
At 11/1/2010 5:15:28 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/1/2010 5:11:16 PM, badger wrote:
At 11/1/2010 4:32:07 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/1/2010 4:15:44 PM, badger wrote:
i'm not sure whether i'm for or against this.

Seriously? Your against one form of discrimination but ok with another?

i hate religion... and i never said i was ok with it.

So because you hate something it is ok to discriminate? Wow, and they call me a bigot. And I don't even hate people.

ammm, yeah. i'd hardly marry someone i hated... and i don't hate people..i'm not sure on this because not only do i think it's wrong to deprive someone of the opportunity to have children.. but at the same time i think a chid would be better off not being brainwashed into believing a load of nonsense..

Still doesn't answer the question. Is discrimination ok if you feel you have just reasons to do said action?
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 5:30:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/1/2010 5:29:38 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/1/2010 5:21:54 PM, badger wrote:
At 11/1/2010 5:15:28 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/1/2010 5:11:16 PM, badger wrote:
At 11/1/2010 4:32:07 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/1/2010 4:15:44 PM, badger wrote:
i'm not sure whether i'm for or against this.

Seriously? Your against one form of discrimination but ok with another?

i hate religion... and i never said i was ok with it.

So because you hate something it is ok to discriminate? Wow, and they call me a bigot. And I don't even hate people.

ammm, yeah. i'd hardly marry someone i hated... and i don't hate people..i'm not sure on this because not only do i think it's wrong to deprive someone of the opportunity to have children.. but at the same time i think a chid would be better off not being brainwashed into believing a load of nonsense..

Still doesn't answer the question. Is discrimination ok if you feel you have just reasons to do said action?

yes.
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 5:31:17 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/1/2010 5:30:10 PM, badger wrote:
At 11/1/2010 5:29:38 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/1/2010 5:21:54 PM, badger wrote:
At 11/1/2010 5:15:28 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/1/2010 5:11:16 PM, badger wrote:
At 11/1/2010 4:32:07 PM, jharry wrote:
At 11/1/2010 4:15:44 PM, badger wrote:
i'm not sure whether i'm for or against this.

Seriously? Your against one form of discrimination but ok with another?

i hate religion... and i never said i was ok with it.

So because you hate something it is ok to discriminate? Wow, and they call me a bigot. And I don't even hate people.

ammm, yeah. i'd hardly marry someone i hated... and i don't hate people..i'm not sure on this because not only do i think it's wrong to deprive someone of the opportunity to have children.. but at the same time i think a chid would be better off not being brainwashed into believing a load of nonsense..

Still doesn't answer the question. Is discrimination ok if you feel you have just reasons to do said action?

yes.

well.. other's mightn't feel the same way. a bit of sense goes a long way.
signature
J.Kenyon
Posts: 4,194
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2010 5:32:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 11/1/2010 5:29:38 PM, jharry wrote:
Still doesn't answer the question. Is discrimination ok if you feel you have just reasons to do said action?

Yes. I freely admit that I discriminate against all manner of people. Klan members, satanists, rapists, thieves, pedophiles (sorry, C_N), murderers...the whole lot of them.