Total Posts:1|Showing Posts:1-1
How to Recognize the Human Incarnation
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2016 5:09:43 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
How to Recognize the Human Incarnation ... (Excerpt from message of Shri Datta Swami)
All the following characteristics must be present in the Human Incarnation. Even if one is absent, it is not the complete Incarnation of Lord Datta. A swan is recognized by its white colour, two wings, red nose and red feet. If any one of these four characteristics is absent, it is not a swan. The divine characteristics of the Human Incarnation are:
1) Satyam jnanam anantam (Veda). This means that He will preach true and infinite knowledge.
2) Sarvajnah (Veda). This means that He quotes from the Vedas and Gita at every step of the preaching. The Veda says that He is the author of all the Vedas (Asya mahato). So He should quote from His own scriptures. He is also the Lord Krishna who told Bhagavad Gita. So He quotes from the Gita.
3) Anando Brahma (Veda). This means that He is Bliss. In His presence itself, one gets bliss. His preaching carries the bliss.
4) Raso Vai sah (Veda). This means that He is the embodiment of Love. He loves all living beings that includes even birds, animals etc. He loves all people irrespective of nationality, religion, caste, sex, age etc. As the devotion of the devotee increases, His love for the devotee also increases. Thus, there is no partiality.
5) Sa Satyakamah (Veda). This means that He has all the supernatural powers. But He will not exhibit them with egotism, and show them off. He also does not exhibit them for fame or to increase the number of His followers or to do business with devotees. Those who deserve, get divine visions. Sometimes, He performs miracles to generate the devotion. Realized people serve Him even without the miracles.
If anyone of these five qualities is absent He is either an Incarnation of the radiation of God (Kala Avatara) or a partial Incarnation (Amsha Avatara). The fifth characteristic is present even in demons and so that alone cannot be the characteristic of the Incarnation.
posted by: surya (disciple of Swamiji)
Universal Spirituality for World Peace