Jump to topic:

Baptists adn the 7 day creation theory

Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 12:43:39 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
Why do Baptists need to believe that the world was created and inhabited in 7 X 24 hour days. OF all the difficult to understand stuff in Christendom, this and the trinity theory are the hardest to understand, or as a logical human being, to accept.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 1:00:20 AM
At 2/7/2016 12:43:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
Why do Baptists need to believe that the world was created and inhabited in 7 X 24 hour days. OF all the difficult to understand stuff in Christendom, this and the trinity theory are the hardest to understand, or as a logical human being, to accept.

I'm a Baptist and have never heard of any such claim on creation.

As for the trinity think of it this way. If God were a computer programmer He could exist outside of the virtual reality and inside the virtual reality.

If I were a time traveler I could go back in time to my 5 year old self . We could both stand there seperate and diffetent but still onee being, one "ness"
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 1:10:14 AM

What makes you think they believe that a day in the Genesis story refers to 24 hours ?

Do you believe a day in the Genesis story is not referring to 24 hours?

If evening and morning as a day is not referring to 24 hours in the story, what is it referring to ?

Just for your trivial information, I personally do not believe the day in Genesis is referring to a literal 24 hours. Neither do I believe it is referring to a literal thousand years as implied by 2 Peter 3:8.

As for the trinity theory I do not believe God is a trinity but I understand the concept without any difficulty, so why can't you ?
Three aspects or three different manifestations of ONE thing is not a difficult concept to understand.
Can you understand that water can manifest as water, ice or vapour and still all be water?
It is that simple.
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 2:06:39 AM

http://www.dbts.edu...

Local Baptists in my city believe in the 6 24 hour day creation.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 2:11:22 AM
At 2/7/2016 1:10:14 AM, Skyangel wrote:

What makes you think they believe that a day in the Genesis story refers to 24 hours ?

If evening and morning as a day is not referring to 24 hours in the story, what is it referring to ?

Just for your trivial information, I personally do not believe the day in Genesis is referring to a literal 24 hours. Neither do I believe it is referring to a literal thousand years as implied by 2 Peter 3:8.

As for the trinity theory I do not believe God is a trinity but I understand the concept without any difficulty, so why can't you ?
Three aspects or three different manifestations of ONE thing is not a difficult concept to understand.
Can you understand that water can manifest as water, ice or vapour and still all be water?
It is that simple.

A day is unto a thousand years as a thousand years unto a day. God is tenseless, timeless, beyond our view of time.

A day on another planet is not 24 hours
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 2:12:19 AM
At 2/7/2016 2:06:39 AM, Peternosaint wrote:

I've never even heard of it. Maybe it's just some.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 2:14:31 AM

They may believe that, but it doesn't make sense to me seeing the 24 hour day comes from how long Earth takes to rotate completely around. Earth wouldn't have existed throughout much of the creation.

Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 2:19:38 AM
At 2/7/2016 1:00:20 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

As for the trinity think of it this way. If God were a computer programmer He could exist outside of the virtual reality and inside the virtual reality.

If I were a time traveler I could go back in time to my 5 year old self . We could both stand there seperate and diffetent but still onee being, one "ness"

The scriptures seem to disagree with you:

Rev: 3:14 says about Jesus : "He is the beginning of the creation by God."

Colossians 1:15 Again speaking of Jesus "He is the firstborn of all creation"

The Trinity was introduced about 300 years after Christianity, and prior to that time was only seen in pagan doctrines.

To think that God, died, as well as Jesus and some personification of God's Holy Spirit is ludicrous. Satan would have had a real ball for three days with no one guarding the earth and the faithful Christians.

If you say that God, the creator, didn't die under these circumstances then the trinity theory is lies, or God is a liar and only pretended to die.

Having asked a Catholic Priest to explain the trinity he said "You don't have to know how it works, you just have to believe it." When I pressed him further his answer was, "Look, if I knew the answer I would be a Cardinal or a Bishop."
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 2:23:04 AM
At 2/7/2016 2:19:38 AM, Peternosaint wrote:

The Trinity was introduced about 300 years after Christianity, and prior to that time was only seen in pagan doctrines.

To think that God, died, as well as Jesus and some personification of God's Holy Spirit is ludicrous. Satan would have had a real ball for three days with no one guarding the earth and the faithful Christians.

If you say that God, the creator, didn't die under these circumstances then the trinity theory is lies, or God is a liar and only pretended to die.

Having asked a Catholic Priest to explain the trinity he said "You don't have to know how it works, you just have to believe it." When I pressed him further his answer was, "Look, if I knew the answer I would be a Cardinal or a Bishop."

Jesus actually introduced the idea himself.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 2:24:35 AM

Jesus the human came into beginning. The Son of God did not according to the Bible.

Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 2:24:41 AM
At 2/7/2016 2:14:31 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

They may believe that, but it doesn't make sense to me seeing the 24 hour day comes from how long Earth takes to rotate completely around. Earth wouldn't have existed throughout much of the creation.

Exactly: There is enough evidenced and logic to say the earth took millions of years since the place was a formidable waste to the time it was fit for human habitation.

A day, is just a period of time in relation to creation. In relation to Adam dieing in a day is answered when it is explained that to Jehovah a day is as a thousand years, and Adam died before that time was up. No man has lived longer, but one came close.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 2:27:22 AM
Bible verses about the trinity

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org...

Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 2:29:03 AM
At 2/7/2016 2:23:04 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

(In John 1:1 it starts "In the beginning the word was" is that the beginning of creation do you think?)

Please show the scriptures. And, logically, if he had why isn't it in the Christian doctrine form the time of Jesus?
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 2:32:05 AM
Matthew 28:19

19"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 2:35:48 AM
John 10:30
"I and my Father are one."

1 Corinthians 8:6
"But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him."

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 2:47:06 AM
At 2/7/2016 2:29:03 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 2/7/2016 2:23:04 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

(In John 1:1 it starts "In the beginning the word was" is that the beginning of creation do you think?)

Isaiah 9:6 is even from before Jesus mentioning the same concept. Now mind you I don't go around invisioning 3 gods. I see the 3 asmanifestations of the same being. Jesus was man and god. GThe Father is not tempted or human as in the flesh but still the same "ness"

Please show the scriptures. And, logically, if he had why isn't it in the Christian doctrine form the time of Jesus?

Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 3:16:04 AM
At 2/7/2016 2:24:41 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
A day, is just a period of time in relation to creation. In relation to Adam dieing in a day is answered when it is explained that to Jehovah a day is as a thousand years, and Adam died before that time was up. No man has lived longer, but one came close.

Over and over again, you prove your total ignorance to scripture. Adam died at the age of 930, Methuselah died at the age of 969, thereby outliving Adam by 39 years.

Undoubtedly you believe that this present universe of once mindless matter has produced beings with intrinsic ends, self- replication capabilities, and "coded chemistry" in the short 14 billion years since the Big Bang that produced this cycle of universal activity.

Our ancient ancestors expressed the belief that our scientists of today are just beginning to come to terms with, and that is, that following each "Big Bang" there comes the "Big Crunch," when this universe is condensed once again, into the infinitely dense, infinitely hot, infinitesimally small singularity from which it originated.
There is no way whatsoever that the world as it has evolved to today, did so in the short 14 billion years since the last BIG BANG.

Only when we come to the realisation that this generation of the universe, has evolved from a series of parental universal bodies that have preceded this one, will science begin to realise the time scale involved in the evolution of man from mindless matter.
Another universe may have preceded ours, study finds. May 14th, 2006. Courtesy Penn State University and World Science staff.

Three physicists say they have done calculations suggesting that before the birth of our universe, which is expanding, there was an earlier universe that was shrinking. The results stem from a +theory that claims the fabric of space and time is made up of minuscule, indivisible bits, much as matter is. Scientists believe our cosmos began in a sort of explosion called the Big Bang, when everything that exists---which had previously been packed into one infinitely dense point---burst outward. The universe is still expanding according to this view, because it was born expanding.

According to some proposals, the Big Bang is a repeating cycle. Universes might expand, then shrink back to a point, then expand again. Thus the "Bang" would be really more like a bounce. The idea is appealing in some ways, but scientists have found it far from easy to test. Einstein"s Theory of Relativity, a key basis for the Big Bang theory, is silent on what happened before that event.

"General relativity can be used to describe the universe back to a point at which matter becomes so dense that it"s equations don"t hold up," said Abhay Ashtekar, director of the Gravitational Physics and Geometry at Penn State University in University Park, Penn.

To go further, physicists must use tools Einstein didn"t have, he added. Ashtekar and two post-doctoral researchers developed such tools through a combination of Quantum physics- the science of subatomic particles"and general relativity, which describes the large-scale structure of space and time. They found that before the Big Bang, there was a contracting universe. Other than the fact it was shrinking, they added, it was similar to ours in terms of the geometry of its space and time, or spacetime, as cosmologists call it since Einstein found the two are interwoven.

"In place of a classical Big Bang there is in fact a quantum bounce," said Ashtekar. "We were so surprised by the finding," he added, that the team repeated the calculations for months to include different possible values of some numbers representing the current universe. But the results kept pointing to a bounce. The findings appear in the current issue of the research journal Physical Review Letters.

While the general idea of another, pre-Big Bang universe isn"t new, Ashtekar said, this is the first mathematical study that systematically establishes its existence and deduces properties of its spacetime geometry. The notion that spacetime has a geometry involves the idea that it can be curved or flat. A "flat" spacetime is one in which geometry works as we normally expect; for example, parallel lines never meet. But Einstein found that material objects deform this flatness, introducing curvature.

To arrive at their pre-existing universe finding, Ashtekar"s group used loop quantum gravity, a theory that seeks to reconcile General relativity with quantum physics. These two seemingly fundamental theories are otherwise contradictory in some ways. Loop quantum gravity, which was pioneered at Ashtekar"s institute, proposes that spacetime has a discrete "atomic" structure, as opposed to being a continuous sheet, as Einstein, along with most us, assumed. In loop quantum gravity, space is thought of as woven from one-dimensional "threads." The continuum picture remains mostly valid as an approximation. But near the Big Bang, this fabric is violently torn so that it"s discrete, or quantum, nature becomes important. One outcome of this is that gravity becomes repulsive instead of attractive, Ashetkar argued; the result is the Big Bounce.

Just as the Big Bang theory has been evolving over the years and is continuing to evolve as new data becomes available, these big Crunch theories that are just beginning to emerge are still in their infancy. I would rather a theory which states that there are many galactic clusters=universes out there within the boundless cosmos, each cluster in its own position in Space-time, consisting of billions of Galaxies falling inward toward a Great Abyss, Black Hole, or Bottomless Pit, where it is torn to pieces molecule by molecule, atom by atom, sub-atomic particle by sub-atomic particle, and reconverted into the electromagnetic energy from which they were created and accelerated along the dark worm hole to speeds far, far in excess of the speed of light, where that liquid like Magnetic energy is spewed out in the trillions of degrees, somewhere far beyond the visible horizon of the eternal and boundless cosmos, where, from the cooling quantum of that electromagnetic energy a new universe is created, or rather, the old universe is resurrected, to which the light from its old position in space-time, would take billions upon billions of years to reach it.

A Black Hole is a massive system so centrally condensed that the force of gravity prevents everything within it, even light from escaping. But how many Black Holes are out there in the boundlessness of the eternal cosmos? How much dark matter is hidden within those Black Holes? Nobody knows, science is still coming to grips with Black Holes, which are believed to be at the centre of all galaxies, and Black Holes devour everything of lesser mass that comes in contact with them.

Our Milky Way galaxy is said to be anchored in space by a super Black hole, which has a mass of over three million suns, and around the Super Black Hole at the centre of our Galaxy, orbits many other black holes, which were once at the centre of other lesser galactic bodies that have merged with ours.

The larger Magellanic Cloud (Nebecula Major) and the smaller Magellanic Cloud (Nebecula Minor) are two galaxies that are orbiting our Milky Way galaxy that orbits the central Super Black Hole to which those Magellanic Clouds are being gathered and will one day merge with our galaxy. The Super Black Hole at the centre of our being will continue to grow as it devours the other lesser black Holes and dying stars and planets within this galaxy. And yet our galaxy is but one of billions of galaxies that are falling in toward one of the many massive super gatherers [Black Holes] scattered throughout the boundlessness of the eternal cosmos.

To be continued.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 3:37:24 AM
Continues from Post #17.

According to the ancient cultures, we live in an eternal oscillating universe that expands outward and contracts back to its beginning in space time, before the Big Bang which is the BEGINNING of this three dimensional universe, taking with it all the information gathered in each cycle of physical manifestation, a living universal being who is all that exists, and in who, all that is, exists. A living universal being who exists in the two states of visible matter and invisible energy.

An eternal being who began as energy which cannot be created or destroyed, but can and is converted into matter only to be reconverted into energy.

"Universe after universe is like an interminable succession of wheels forever coming into view, forever rolling onwards, disappearing and reappearing; forever passing from being to non being, and again from non being to being. In short, the constant revolving of the wheel of life in one eternal cycle, according to fixed and immutable laws, is perhaps after all the sum and substance of the philosophy of Buddhism. And this eternal wheel has so to speak, six spokes representing six forms of existence." ---- Mon. Williams, Buddhism, pp. 229, 122.

The days and nights of Brahma are called Manvantara, or the cycle of manifestation, "The Great Day," which is a period of universal activity, that is preceded, and also followed by "Pralaya," a dark period, which to our finite minds seems as an eternity. "Manvantara," is a creative day as seen in the six days of creation in Genesis, "Pralaya," is the evening that proceeds the next creative day. The six periods of Creation and the seventh day of rest in which we now exist are referred to in the book of Genesis as the "GENERATIONS OF THE UNIVERSE."

The English word "Generation," is translated from the Hebrew "toledoth" which is used in the Old Testament in every instance as "births," or "descendants," such as "These are the generations of Adam," or "these are the generations of Abraham, and Genesis 2: 4; These are the generations of the Universe or the heavens and earth, etc. And the "Great Day" in which the seven generations of the universe are eternally repeated, is the eternal cosmic period, or the eighth eternal day in which those who attain to perfection are allowed to enter, where they shall be surrounded by great light and they shall experience eternal peace, while those who do not attain to perfection are cast back into the refining fires of the seven physical cycles that perpetually revolve within the eighth eternal cosmic cycle.

A series of worlds following one upon the other,-- each world rising a step higher than the previous world, so that every later world brings to ripeness the seeds that were imbedded in the former, and itself then prepares the seed for the universe that will follow it.

This is the true resurrection in which all from the previous cycle of universal activity, who still have the judgmental war raging within them, are born again into the endless cycles of physical manifestation.

Those scientists who are beginning to come to terms with the Big Crunch theory, believe that this universe has another 300 billion years to go before the next Big Crunch, If that is correct, (Which I doubt) then this universal being is only an infant and has not yet brought to ripeness the seeds that were imbedded in it from the previous universal body, in which energised light beings evolved from mankind and which universe still exists out there in space-time.

So to those who hold the unrealistic view that this present universe of once mindless matter has produced beings with intrinsic ends, self- replication capabilities, and "coded chemistry" in the short period of some 14 billion years, Know now that we who are true believers, believe that God, is all that exists and in all that exists, who began as energy, which is converted to a material universal body, which is then reconverted to the eternal energy, taking with it to the beginning of space-time, all the information=spirit that is gathered in each cycle of universal activity.

At the close of each period of universal activity, the MOST HIGH to have evolved in that particular cycle, enters into LOGOS as the Supreme Personality of Godhead.

And we believe that the Supreme Personality of Godhead, within the Logos, is "THE LIGHT OF MAN" that which is born of mankind the most high in the physical creation:, all the knowledge, wisdom and insight gained from the body of mankind, which body took countless periods of universal activity to evolve.
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 6:40:40 AM
At 2/7/2016 2:14:31 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

ME: Don't blame me, it is the Baptists. The same Baptists that believe in the trinity.
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 6:42:47 AM
At 2/7/2016 2:32:05 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
Matthew 28:19

19"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

ME: Yeeeees, I'm waiting!!!!!!
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 6:44:28 AM
At 2/7/2016 2:24:35 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

Jesus the human came into beginning. The Son of God did not according to the Bible.

ME: Excuse me????????
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 7:01:44 AM
At 2/7/2016 2:35:48 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

ME:Talking of the Unity between him and his Heavenly Father, Later he said to the apostles," I and the father are one, just as you and I am one." John 17:24 If you claim that the John 10 :30 scripture proves the trinity then the trinity consists of the apostle as well a 14inity. lol

"But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him."

ME: This disproves your trinity.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

ME: Now, where in the scriptures you quote does Jesus say "I and the Holy Ghost and my Father are all one?
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 7:07:00 AM
At 2/7/2016 7:01:44 AM, Peternosaint wrote:

ME:Talking of the Unity between him and his Heavenly Father, Later he said to the apostles," I and the father are one, just as you and I am one." John 17:24 If you claim that the John 10 :30 scripture proves the trinity then the trinity consists of the apostle as well a 14inity. lol

ME: Now, where in the scriptures you quote does Jesus say "I and the Holy Ghost and my Father are all one?

ME: If according to you, Jesus set the precedent for a trinity theory, why did it take 300 years before the Catholics implemented it, and why did they first only agree on a duality?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 9:29:03 PM
At 2/7/2016 2:11:22 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

It is that simple.

A day is unto a thousand years as a thousand years unto a day. God is tenseless, timeless, beyond our view of time.

There is no time in eternity.

Obviously Earthly time is only relative to Earth.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 9:33:22 PM

In the same place where it says "I and Michael and the Word are all one. "

Speculation is what it is on both sides of the fence.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 9:34:20 PM
At 2/7/2016 7:07:00 AM, Peternosaint wrote:

ME: If according to you, Jesus set the precedent for a trinity theory, why did it take 300 years before the Catholics implemented it, and why did they first only agree on a duality?

I don't have any trinity thinking. I just consider it all the same "ness", one being. I consider Jesus to be the manifestation of god in the flesh. I don't seperate this as 2 seperate beings.

Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 10:31:32 PM
At 2/7/2016 9:29:03 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 2/7/2016 2:11:22 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

It is that simple.

ME: We must hope He is not tense.

ME: Isn't forever a time. If not, why do people say "where is the waiter, he has taken forever."

ME: It is to humans, it may not be a 24 hours day, as this is determined by the rotation of the said planet, but it is still a day. These days are referred to as "earth days" which is only a calculation.

ME: The why do the trips to the Moon take earth time to get there. Maybe it is earth time going and moon time coming.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/7/2016 11:41:44 PM
At 2/7/2016 10:31:32 PM, Peternosaint wrote:

ME: Isn't forever a time. If not, why do people say "where is the waiter, he has taken forever."

It's a figure of speech used by impatient people.

ME: The why do the trips to the Moon take earth time to get there. Maybe it is earth time going and moon time coming.

Humans measure according to the measuring devices and measurement which they invented in the first place.
All measurements are relative to Earth and also to human perception.

Time is an illusion. Time is relative, not absolute.
http://everythingforever.com...
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 1:20:54 AM
At 2/7/2016 11:41:44 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 2/7/2016 10:31:32 PM, Peternosaint wrote:

It's a figure of speech used by impatient people.

Humans measure according to the measuring devices and measurement which they invented in the first place.
All measurements are relative to Earth and also to human perception.

Time is an illusion. Time is relative, not absolute.
http://everythingforever.com...

ME: What ever you say, self god!
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 1:22:55 AM
So, here we go. Those that have nothing worthwhile to say will now hijack this post. There is only a handful of them but they constitute a cupboard full of cockroaches.