Jump to topic:

No God but Antichrist is real?

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 4:06:51 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I have an acquantence of mine who is an Atheist. He from time to time tells me about his unbelief. But then one day begins telling me who he thinks the Antichrist is. How does that line of thinking work?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 4:34:21 PM
At 2/8/2016 4:06:51 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
I have an acquantence of mine who is an Atheist. He from time to time tells me about his unbelief. But then one day begins telling me who he thinks the Antichrist is. How does that line of thinking work?
Sounds reasonable, he's a friend of yours.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 4:45:45 PM
At 2/8/2016 4:34:21 PM, bulproof wrote:

It was you.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 4:46:36 PM

False dichotomy bull. You and I are friends.

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 5:13:09 PM
At 2/8/2016 4:46:36 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

I wouldn't know you from a bar of soap, we aren't friends.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 5:13:11 PM

Perhaps, he is patronizing you.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 5:15:59 PM
At 2/8/2016 5:13:09 PM, bulproof wrote:

I'm not sure about that bull. Have you just been leading me on?

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 5:19:27 PM
At 2/8/2016 5:13:09 PM, bulproof wrote:

Did you say bar of soap?!!?(wakes up with a snort). I present you with this gem bull.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 5:19:57 PM
Soap on a rope

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 5:53:11 PM
At 2/8/2016 5:13:11 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

He seemed serious. He thought it was Trump.

12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 8:48:27 PM

Perhaps it is because antichrist is person who is against Christ. Many people are against Christ, even though they claim they don"t believe that Jesus is real.

Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the Antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son.
1 John 2:22
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 8:52:44 PM
At 2/8/2016 8:48:27 PM, 12_13 wrote:

Perhaps it is because antichrist is person who is against Christ. Many people are against Christ, even though they claim they don"t believe that Jesus is real.

Who is the liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the Antichrist, he who denies the Father and the Son.
You still don't get it and I'm betting you never will.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 8:53:07 PM
At 2/8/2016 8:48:27 PM, 12_13 wrote:

My friend was proposing who was the actual antichrist. Antichrist meaning the antichrist of Revelation in the Bible who claims to be God, brings down fire from the heavens, and is killed but comes back to life.

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 8:59:38 PM
At 2/8/2016 5:53:11 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

I thought Trump was all for Christ and considers himself to be second to Him.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 9:01:14 PM
At 2/8/2016 8:59:38 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

The accuser is an Atheist

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 9:02:49 PM
At 2/8/2016 9:01:14 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Nevertheless, the Bible says he is convincing, deceptive, destroys with peace, a wolf in sheep's clothing, a good speaker, and appearsto have some form of godliness.

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 9:37:45 PM
At 2/8/2016 9:02:49 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Nevertheless, the Bible says he is convincing, deceptive, destroys with peace, a wolf in sheep's clothing, a good speaker, and appearsto have some form of godliness.

That could describe many given Republicans.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 9:53:02 PM
At 2/8/2016 9:37:45 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 2/8/2016 9:02:49 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

That could describe many given Republicans.

True. I'm a Moderate, so I swing both ways politically. People are amazed when I tell them Im pro gun, pro right to choose on abortion, pro equal rights of sexes, neutral on homosexuality, and a moderate Christian.

TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 11:12:39 PM

I could call him not an atheists, you know like Christians do with other Christians they disagree with, but let's take it at face value, and you at your word.

My bet was he was using the term colloquially. Like I might say 'God no', 'heaven help you...'. it would be very odd, as I have said before, for someone who has no beliefs in a god to believe in the anti-<insert mysticism>.

This is really not that hard to understand, that is if you are actually trying to understand it, and not just being a troll. Atheists generally don't accept any bit of mysticism. There might be some somewhere, but it would have to be a tiny minority of a minority.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 11:14:47 PM

To me this (and your other similar thread) are a little like me saying I have a Christian friend who loves Jesus, but also prays to Zeus. Now, its possible there is a Christian somewhere who does just this, but we would agree it is nonsensical.