Jump to topic:

Christian Women with Jesus complex

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 10:21:43 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
In 2012 ,I was invited to be a member of a panel at a Christian singles conference. After speaking about living a purposeful life, and remaining pure in singleness, the topic of marriage invariably came up. A woman stood up and started pouring out her heart about how she desired a husband. How she was in her late thirties and did not want to be alone anymore. She said that she was on the verge of "settling"!

In an attempt to comfort her, an older woman whom we will call Sarah stood up and proclaimed that she was single at 60 AND had never married. Sarah started to encourage the younger lady. She said, look at me, I am 60 and not married but I will not settle. I want what God wants for me and will not settle for less. I have had many counterfeit men come into my life. Sarah then went ahead and started to rattle off about the men that had been potential suitors and what was wrong with them. As she spoke, somethings that seemingly escaped her started to become clear to those of us on the panel. She was to blame for being single at 60.

Here are some of the things we realized about Sarah that kept her single

Sarah wanted Jesus"not a disciple of Jesus"but Jesus Himself

Many women, like Sarah are looking for the perfect mate. They want someone who is going to complete them and be their everything! If this is you, then my question to you is this: If a man completes you and becomes your everything, then what position is Jesus taking in your life? Jesus is the one that completes you and is meant to be your everything. So, to look for completeness in a man is to make that man an idol in your life, it is to have put man above God! This will only lead to ruin because no man is perfect! Try as he might, he will disappoint you! So stop looking for someone who will not disappoint you over the lifetime you wish to be married"you will not find it. Even you, yes you"have and still disappoint many people"whether you realize it or not"whether you meant it or not. Instead of looking for perfection, look for someone who is striving towards perfection. This is a person that loves God and does not want to be conformed to the world but whose life"s purpose is to be transformed into the image of Jesus.

https://diaryofasuperchamp.wordpress.com...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 10:22:25 PM
Or so says the article...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 10:33:49 PM
At 2/8/2016 10:26:20 PM, janesix wrote:
That's weird. I'd just go for someone I loved, perfect or not.

I had never heard of such a thing. I guess it exists.

graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2016 10:38:15 PM
At 2/8/2016 10:21:43 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
In 2012 ,I was invited to be a member of a panel at a Christian singles conference. After speaking about living a purposeful life, and remaining pure in singleness, the topic of marriage invariably came up. A woman stood up and started pouring out her heart about how she desired a husband. How she was in her late thirties and did not want to be alone anymore. She said that she was on the verge of "settling"!

In an attempt to comfort her, an older woman whom we will call Sarah stood up and proclaimed that she was single at 60 AND had never married. Sarah started to encourage the younger lady. She said, look at me, I am 60 and not married but I will not settle. I want what God wants for me and will not settle for less. I have had many counterfeit men come into my life. Sarah then went ahead and started to rattle off about the men that had been potential suitors and what was wrong with them. As she spoke, somethings that seemingly escaped her started to become clear to those of us on the panel. She was to blame for being single at 60.

Many women, like Sarah are looking for the perfect mate. They want someone who is going to complete them and be their everything! If this is you, then my question to you is this: If a man completes you and becomes your everything, then what position is Jesus taking in your life? Jesus is the one that completes you and is meant to be your everything. So, to look for completeness in a man is to make that man an idol in your life, it is to have put man above God! This will only lead to ruin because no man is perfect! Try as he might, he will disappoint you! So stop looking for someone who will not disappoint you over the lifetime you wish to be married"you will not find it. Even you, yes you"have and still disappoint many people"whether you realize it or not"whether you meant it or not. Instead of looking for perfection, look for someone who is striving towards perfection. This is a person that loves God and does not want to be conformed to the world but whose life"s purpose is to be transformed into the image of Jesus.

anyone, male or female looking for the perfect partner will be disappointed..
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 9:18:09 AM
At 2/8/2016 10:38:15 PM, graceofgod wrote:

That depends upon your definition of "Perfect". I've been married for 52 years to the perfect partner.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 11:15:25 AM

How sad!
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 11:23:17 AM
The percentage of menopausal virgins among Christian women are growing in proportion to the rise in the gay and LGBT population. There might come a time if one is serious about starting a family, converting to Islam might be their only hope.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 11:41:55 AM

In an attempt to comfort her, an older woman whom we will call Sarah stood up and proclaimed that she was single at 60 AND had never married. Sarah started to encourage the younger lady. She said, look at me, I am 60 and not married but I will not settle. I want what God wants for me and will not settle for less.

Because God among other things is a match maker.

All things considered maybe there are other things that would be a higher priority eh ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 2:04:25 PM
At 2/9/2016 11:23:17 AM, Harikrish wrote:
The percentage of menopausal virgins among Christian women are growing in proportion to the rise in the gay and LGBT population. There might come a time if one is serious about starting a family, converting to Islam might be their only hope.

https://www.youtube.com...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 2:15:29 PM
At 2/9/2016 1:22:09 AM, dee-em wrote:
Sarah should have become a nun. Problem solved.
Precisely dee, nuns are married to Jesus.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 2:17:44 PM

You won't mind if I laugh my silicon tits of at this insanity will you?
Who gives a f*ck whether you do or not, what an imbecile starfish could say.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 2:20:33 PM
At 2/9/2016 9:18:09 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/8/2016 10:38:15 PM, graceofgod wrote:

That depends upon your definition of "Perfect". I've been married for 52 years to the perfect partner.

I've been married for forty three years and neither of us are stupid enough to think that our partner is perfect. You see we are human, not deluded godbotherers.
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 2:23:22 PM

This whole concept is ridiculous.

The majority of Christian women that I know, are married and have children. I think that in my entire lifetime, I've only met maybe three who never married. One was disabled, and one just never had any desire to get married.

I know more non-Christians who have never married than I do Christians.

I actually thought that this thread was going to go into a different direction, because there is somewhat of a "Jesus Complex," that I've noticed, but it doesn't involve marriage

The only kinds of Jesus complex I've ever seen has more to do with self-righteousness, and/or deception.

One example that I've personally seen is, not too long ago I went grocery shopping on a Sunday afternoon. I saw three older ladies walking down the grocery store Isle who obviously just finished their Sunday morning church service. They were dressed in their Sunday best.

I noticed that they walked side by side, and they were not about to break their formation for anyone to pass them. They were sort of like the blue angels, only they were gray. (The gray angels...lol)

I watched as people walked completely around them, and even as they passed me with their noses high in the air, I moved aside to give them room for their grand march.

I thought, "this is how people act after just getting out of church?"

They seemed to have this superior air about them, as if to say, "get out my way, Jesus is on my shoulder!"

I didn't see any humility, but a lot of pride.

I couldn't help but chuckle as they walked by. That, I would classify as a Jesus complex, but not the marriage thing.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 2:29:58 PM
At 2/9/2016 2:04:25 PM, be_diligent wrote:

To say I can make a roomful of people realize how dumb they are or how much dumber they feel after hearing me is so true. I have that effect on people
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 2:31:20 PM
At 2/9/2016 2:29:58 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/9/2016 2:04:25 PM, be_diligent wrote:

To say I can make a roomful of people realize how dumb they are or how much dumber they feel after hearing me is so true. I have that effect on people

You haven no effect on people Har, other than annoyance.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 2:34:06 PM
At 2/9/2016 2:23:22 PM, be_diligent wrote:
I know more non-Christians who have never married than I do Christians
How many non christians do you KNOW and how many of them are not married or in a relationship.
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 2:37:25 PM
At 2/9/2016 2:34:06 PM, bulproof wrote:
How many non christians do you KNOW and how many of them are not married or in a relationship.

I stated most of the answer to that in my response. I know Christian women personally from three different states, as well as hundreds online. The majority of them are married, or younger and dating.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 2:41:54 PM
At 2/9/2016 2:37:25 PM, be_diligent wrote:

I stated most of the answer to that in my response. I know Christian women personally from three different states, as well as hundreds online. The majority of them are married, or younger and dating.
You haven't answered but that is understandable for your kind. Never mind.
I guess you don't understand the word non. That's OK.
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 2:52:35 PM
At 2/9/2016 2:41:54 PM, bulproof wrote:

Ok, for "my kind," what ever that means...

I know a lot of non Christians. Probably more than the Christians that I know.

I come from a huge family, and many of my relatives are non-Christians, all of them are married.

The case that you stated might be an exception for anyone who maybe doesn't have very stable mental capabilities, but it is not a common "complex."

I still say that it's ridiculous.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 3:00:13 PM
At 2/9/2016 2:52:35 PM, be_diligent wrote:

I come from a huge family, and many of my relatives are non-Christians, all of them are married.
This would seem to contradict the statement you made in post # 15
Here "I know more non-Christians who have never married than I do Christians."
The case that you stated might be an exception for anyone who maybe doesn't have very stable mental capabilities, but it is not a common "complex."
I don't remember stating a case, but present it please.

As is religious belief.
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 3:02:34 PM

Not as ridiculous or sad as only believing in today, and having no hope beyond that.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 3:19:49 PM
At 2/9/2016 3:02:34 PM, be_diligent wrote:

Not as ridiculous or sad as only believing in today, and having no hope beyond that.
So you think that wishful thinking is preferable to reality? Good for you but it won't change the result.
You will be dead.
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 3:24:04 PM
At 2/9/2016 3:19:49 PM, bulproof wrote:

So you think that wishful thinking is preferable to reality? Good for you but it won't change the result.
You will be dead.

Are you telling me that tomorrow isn't promised to anyone?

Wow, I had no idea! This changes everything! DUH!!!

What if you're wrong, and there is an existence after the death of the natural flesh.

Quite honestly, you've been speaking so much about "death,' on the forum today that It seems as though it is YOU who is afraid of it.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 3:26:09 PM
At 2/9/2016 3:24:04 PM, be_diligent wrote:

You will be dead.

What if you're wrong, and there is an existence after the death of the natural flesh.

Quite honestly, you've been speaking so much about "death,' on the forum today that It seems as though it is YOU who is afraid of it.
You tell me what death is.
Or is it too frightening?
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 3:27:41 PM
At 2/9/2016 3:26:09 PM, bulproof wrote:

You will be dead.

I'm not the one who is obsessed with it...

You are.

I'm not concerned with the subject. I know that there are worse things.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 3:42:42 PM
At 2/9/2016 3:27:41 PM, be_diligent wrote:

You will be dead.

You didn't tell me.

Neither am I. I'm trying to get godbotherers to face the fact of death and as you demonstrated you aren't capable.
You are.

Do tell?
be_diligent
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 3:45:30 PM
At 2/9/2016 3:42:42 PM, bulproof wrote:

You will be dead.

You didn't tell me.

Neither am I. I'm trying to get godbotherers to face the fact of death and as you demonstrated you aren't capable.
You are.

Do tell?

Pictures the evil bulproof rubbing his hands together with a smirk on his face, anticipating some sort of response that will feed into his silly take on life and death.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 4:00:07 PM
At 2/9/2016 3:45:30 PM, be_diligent wrote:
At 2/9/2016 3:42:42 PM, bulproof wrote:

You will be dead.

You didn't tell me.

You are.

Do tell?

Pictures the evil bulproof rubbing his hands together with a smirk on his face, anticipating some sort of response that will feed into his silly take on life and death.
So lying as is the reason detre of christians?