Jump to topic:

Good vs Evil ? what is more powerful ?

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 11:25:09 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
For the monotheistic religious, it is taken as a given that the Good will overcome the Evil............at least in the long term.

But there is another alternative that Good and Evil have a ying and yang thing going, where one doesn't dominate and win for all time over the other, but rather are balanced out over the long term.

I think as a starting point this is more likely, cause if you going to say Good/Evil is more powerful and thus will win you need a justification for that. Something more than just saying Good will win cause it's more powerful.

So if you think Good/Evil is going to win for all time over the other, what justification do you have for that ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 1:24:52 PM
At 2/9/2016 11:25:09 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
For the monotheistic religious, it is taken as a given that the Good will overcome the Evil............at least in the long term.

But there is another alternative that Good and Evil have a ying and yang thing going, where one doesn't dominate and win for all time over the other, but rather are balanced out over the long term.

I think as a starting point this is more likely, cause if you going to say Good/Evil is more powerful and thus will win you need a justification for that. Something more than just saying Good will win cause it's more powerful.

So if you think Good/Evil is going to win for all time over the other, what justification do you have for that ?

I don't believe in either, as any other than ideas/concepts. I believe others believe in them as something more. I lean more towards the yin yang idea, I believe they are simply two different points on the same line, two sides of the same coin, etc.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 1:30:05 PM
Its hard to believe in good and evil when you don't believe God exist...the only source of evil is the people that live in the world. The only source of evil comes from mankind themselves.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 1:41:08 PM

If the omnipotent, omniscient one is good, anything less than good can only exist at the beckoning of His mercy.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 1:46:16 PM
At 2/9/2016 1:41:08 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

If the omnipotent, omniscient one is good, anything less than good can only exist at the beckoning of His mercy.

If and buts and candy nuts.

But what justification is their to believe that is the case ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 2:14:01 PM
I've watched the minions and judging by the cheers, King Bob yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay is THE MAN.
King Bob yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay is the most powerful.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 2:54:50 PM
It"s the judgement of He who is more powerful of what is good and evil, that is truly more powerful. Not good and evil.

For instance, in the case of the God of Israel who is the Creator and Judge of all things. His Judgement of what is good and what is evil, is much more powerful than any judgement of the same. Even in the world a judge"s judgement of what is good and evil is more powerful than the convicted"s judgement of the same. It"s not the good v evil it"s who"s judgement that has the power.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 3:02:47 PM

Entities or results (cause and effect)? there is a difference between speaking of evil and good entities as opposed to the results of actions.

Well, the theory is that good was first, God was the only One. So this changes the dimensions of what you are referring to I believe. We assume then, that evil is the lesser of two forces and obviously in the end will be only good again...

Needs more clarification here I think.

It depends on what you are referring to, the physical dimension of existence (which then you may have a stronger position) or if you are referring to all of existence, the spiritual realms and the material ones. I think it would be impossible for evil to dominate the spiritual realms, and you would have to understand it's principles to grasp that fully.