Jump to topic:

Ask an Atheistic Satanist

Malta307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 5:22:21 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
I am an Atheistic Satanist, and I would like to answer any questions anyone may have about the religion. Don't call names or start spouting all that "you're going to hell" bull crap while you're in here though, I will only answer genuine questions, so feel free to ask away.
"Why me?" -Me
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 5:27:15 PM
At 2/9/2016 5:22:21 PM, Malta307 wrote:
I am an Atheistic Satanist, and I would like to answer any questions anyone may have about the religion. Don't call names or start spouting all that "you're going to hell" bull crap while you're in here though, I will only answer genuine questions, so feel free to ask away.

How does one exist as both Atheistic and a Satanist?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Malta307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 5:56:00 PM
At 2/9/2016 5:27:15 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

Good question, it's proper name is LaVeyan Satanism (I wasn't sure if it meant the same thing earlier) which is where we use Satan or Lucifer as a role model for human behavior, but don't believe that God or Satan exist. We value things like pride, freedom of choice, and individuality.
"Why me?" -Me
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 6:13:23 PM
At 2/9/2016 5:56:00 PM, Malta307 wrote:

Good question, it's proper name is LaVeyan Satanism (I wasn't sure if it meant the same thing earlier) which is where we use Satan or Lucifer as a role model for human behavior, but don't believe that God or Satan exist. We value things like pride, freedom of choice, and individuality.

Where do you get your information about Lucifer to use as a role model?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Malta307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 7:03:24 PM
At 2/9/2016 6:13:23 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Also a good question, I was raised Catholic so I read many of the various books of the Bible from a young age, it's where I learned much of what I know of Lucifer.
"Why me?" -Me
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 7:10:32 PM

Good question, it's proper name is LaVeyan Satanism (I wasn't sure if it meant the same thing earlier)
They're not the same thing. LaVeyan Satanism is a particular sect of atheistic Satanism as a whole, those of which specifically follow LeVey's teachings and the Satanic bible.
which is where we use Satan or Lucifer as a role model for human behavior, but don't believe that God or Satan exist. We value things like pride, freedom of choice, and individuality.
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 7:10:42 PM

I believe that "Satan" just means "adversary" in Hebrew.

"...Satan (Hebrew: ###, meaning "adversary") is seen as a symbol of defiance to the conservatism of mainstream philosophical and religious currents, mainly the Abrahamic religions, that see this character as their antithesis." (https://en.wikipedia.org...)
Chaosism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 7:13:19 PM

I understand that you most likely agree with many of their tenets, but what has made you decide to identify as a member of this group?
Malta307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 7:29:57 PM
At 2/9/2016 7:10:32 PM, Torton wrote:

Good question, it's proper name is LaVeyan Satanism (I wasn't sure if it meant the same thing earlier)
They're not the same thing. LaVeyan Satanism is a particular sect of atheistic Satanism as a whole, those of which specifically follow LeVey's teachings and the Satanic bible.
which is where we use Satan or Lucifer as a role model for human behavior, but don't believe that God or Satan exist. We value things like pride, freedom of choice, and individuality.

Sorry I was mistaken in my use of LaVeyan Satanism, thank you for the clarification. I don't explicitly follow LaVey's teachings but I do adhere to the basic tenets laid out in the Satanic Bible.
"Why me?" -Me
Danb6177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 9:24:38 PM
At 2/9/2016 7:29:57 PM, Malta307 wrote:

Sorry I was mistaken in my use of LaVeyan Satanism, thank you for the clarification. I don't explicitly follow LaVey's teachings but I do adhere to the basic tenets laid out in the Satanic Bible.

Since the only writings we have about lucifer comes from the bible can you tell me exactly which verses you have read in regards to him to draw conclusions on his attributes, the ones you are modeling your life after?
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2016 9:35:53 PM
Why do you need to go through the motion of switching to "Satanism" just to value "pride, freedom of choice, and individuality?" I'm aware of plenty of rich intellectual traditions who have values like these as their cornerstones, and you don't have to frame it in terms of goofball pseudoreligious iconography. Like, imagine someone who already believes in the kind of values you claim to believe in, but wasn't a Satanist. What possible reason could that person have for including all that unnecessary LaVey stuff when there's a much simpler (and less conducive to creating social friction) way of getting the things you claim make Satanism valuable?
Malta307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 4:42:57 PM
At 2/9/2016 9:24:38 PM, Danb6177 wrote:

Since the only writings we have about lucifer comes from the bible can you tell me exactly which verses you have read in regards to him to draw conclusions on his attributes, the ones you are modeling your life after?

"You will not certainly die," the serpent said to the woman. 5 "For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." -Genesis 3:4

When God lied to Adam and Eve while the serpent told the truth confused me because I was always told that the serpent was Lucifer and that he only tells lies, I noticed many discrepancies throughout the scripture as well as all the terrible things that God did to the people he supposedly loves so much. After a lengthy bout of deliberation, I decided that I couldn't worship this deity anymore so I became an atheist. A good friend of mine told me he was satanist and encouraged me to look into it. I read the Satanist Bible and the viewpoints of others on the subject and realized that my beliefs coincided with these almost exactly, so then I converted to what I am today.
P.S: I had a few more lines of scripture but my browser crashed and I lost them.
"Why me?" -Me
Malta307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 4:44:00 PM
At 2/9/2016 9:35:53 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Why do you need to go through the motion of switching to "Satanism" just to value "pride, freedom of choice, and individuality?" I'm aware of plenty of rich intellectual traditions who have values like these as their cornerstones, and you don't have to frame it in terms of goofball pseudoreligious iconography. Like, imagine someone who already believes in the kind of values you claim to believe in, but wasn't a Satanist. What possible reason could that person have for including all that unnecessary LaVey stuff when there's a much simpler (and less conducive to creating social friction) way of getting the things you claim make Satanism valuable?

Could you please list these traditions? I would like to learn about them to see if they would be better for me than this.
"Why me?" -Me
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 4:54:40 PM

At what age did you become a Atheistic Satanist?

What is the one major reason why you don't believe in God?
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 4:56:12 PM

Hoe is Lucifer doing nowadays?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 4:57:45 PM
*how
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

Danb6177
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 5:01:39 PM
At 2/10/2016 4:42:57 PM, Malta307 wrote:
At 2/9/2016 9:24:38 PM, Danb6177 wrote:

"You will not certainly die," the serpent said to the woman. 5 "For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil." -Genesis 3:4

When God lied to Adam and Eve while the serpent told the truth confused me because I was always told that the serpent was Lucifer and that he only tells lies, I noticed many discrepancies throughout the scripture as well as all the terrible things that God did to the people he supposedly loves so much. After a lengthy bout of deliberation, I decided that I couldn't worship this deity anymore so I became an atheist. A good friend of mine told me he was satanist and encouraged me to look into it. I read the Satanist Bible and the viewpoints of others on the subject and realized that my beliefs coincided with these almost exactly, so then I converted to what I am today.
P.S: I had a few more lines of scripture but my browser crashed and I lost them.

Thanx for reply, I have not read the satanic bible so no clue as to whats inside of it. The scripture that you did quote you say that God lied to adam and eve. Why do you think this?

2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

In understanding the flow and meaning of scripture one must read it all and not judge by 1 or a few verses. This will cause confusion as it has with you.

When adam and eve took of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil they most certainly did die. They died spiritually and lost the spirit of God. adam and eve were complete people who had the body,soul, and spirit. After they were banished they lost the holy spirit. Satans role in this is that of a deceiver. His prize was the depravity of Gods new creation.

In the book of Enoch we see why satan was cast of of Gods kingdom. It was because he refused to bow to adam and worship the being created in Gods image. Satan hated Gods new creation and therefore was set on tarnishing it.

So we see it was satan lying and not God.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 5:47:36 PM

We value things like pride, freedom of choice, and individuality.

Mmm. So do many Evangelicals.

Since you consider yourself a satanist who doesn't believe in Satan, how can you be sure you're not also an Evangelical who doesn't believe in salvation by grace through faith in Christ's atonement?
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 6:19:15 PM
At 2/10/2016 4:44:00 PM, Malta307 wrote:

Could you please list these traditions? I would like to learn about them to see if they would be better for me than this.

Those are literally foundational elements of classical liberalism. You've evidently got a lot of reading to do, but that would be a good point to shove off from.
Malta307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 6:57:14 PM
At 2/10/2016 4:56:12 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

I've got no idea, I haven't spoken with him.
"Why me?" -Me
Malta307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 7:26:25 PM
At 2/10/2016 4:54:40 PM, Rosalie wrote:

At what age did you become a Atheistic Satanist?

What is the one major reason why you don't believe in God?

I converted at age 17, and I don't believe in God because we don't have enough evidence to suggest his existence, and I didn't give him the benefit of the doubt because I can't believe that if he were the God that is being preached to us that he would send his children that he had even his holiest of angels bow down to to a place like hell to be tortured for eternity for our flaws that he can see but won't fix.
"Why me?" -Me
Malta307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 7:31:24 PM
At 2/10/2016 5:47:36 PM, RuvDraba wrote:

Since you consider yourself a satanist who doesn't believe in Satan, how can you be sure you're not also an Evangelical who doesn't believe in salvation by grace through faith in Christ's atonement?

That's a really good question, and my answer is: I don't. I don't know the principles of Evangelicals, but a do know the principles of satanists. I have read the Satanist Bible and agree with most of it's statements and positions, so I consider myself a satanist instead of an Evangelicalist.
"Why me?" -Me
Malta307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 7:33:39 PM
At 2/10/2016 6:19:15 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
At 2/10/2016 4:44:00 PM, Malta307 wrote:

Those are literally foundational elements of classical liberalism. You've evidently got a lot of reading to do, but that would be a good point to shove off from.

I'll look into that, thank you for your insight.
"Why me?" -Me
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 7:59:48 PM

First off, In Judaism, we don't believe in hell, if you are evil, the evil parts of you are "purged" out is a purgatory like place, then you get reincarnated. If you are 100% evil, then I guess destroying all the evil out of you would mean destroying you, so you cease to exist.

So, my question to you is, why is it that you think there to be enough proof of Satan to believe in him, but not enough proof to believe in G-d?
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 8:01:26 PM
At 2/10/2016 6:57:14 PM, Malta307 wrote:

Crud. I was hoping you could tell me what he had planned next.

Malta307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 9:04:07 PM
At 2/10/2016 7:59:48 PM, harrytruman wrote:

First off, In Judaism, we don't believe in hell, if you are evil, the evil parts of you are "purged" out is a purgatory like place, then you get reincarnated. If you are 100% evil, then I guess destroying all the evil out of you would mean destroying you, so you cease to exist.

So, my question to you is, why is it that you think there to be enough proof of Satan to believe in him, but not enough proof to believe in G-d?

I don't believe in either, I'm an atheistic Satanist, there's a post somewhere in here already that touches on this subject.
"Why me?" -Me
Malta307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 9:05:44 PM
At 2/10/2016 8:01:26 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

I suppose he would tell you to do whatever you feel like, unless it involves someone who doesn't want to be involved.
"Why me?" -Me
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 9:12:40 PM
At 2/10/2016 9:05:44 PM, Malta307 wrote:
At 2/10/2016 8:01:26 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

I suppose he would tell you to do whatever you feel like, unless it involves someone who doesn't want to be involved.

I was thinking about hiding his signature red tights, pitchfork, and taped on pointy tale and rendering him helpless. But a naked, pitchforked, tailess Satan may be worse...

RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 9:14:03 PM
At 2/10/2016 7:31:24 PM, Malta307 wrote:
At 2/10/2016 5:47:36 PM, RuvDraba wrote:

That's a really good question, and my answer is: I don't. I don't know the principles of Evangelicals, but a do know the principles of satanists. I have read the Satanist Bible and agree with most of it's statements and positions, so I consider myself a satanist instead of an Evangelicalist.

Well, that's a pity, Malta, because there are far more proud, selfish, ruthless, self-absorbed Evangelicals than satanists.

If only you could see your way clear to swapping your texts, you'd probably get to attend bigger meetings.

And you wouldn't necessarily have to believe, as long as -- like 20% of US Congress -- you only pretended that you did.
harrytruman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 9:22:40 PM
At 2/10/2016 9:04:07 PM, Malta307 wrote:
At 2/10/2016 7:59:48 PM, harrytruman wrote:

I don't believe in either, I'm an atheistic Satanist, there's a post somewhere in here already that touches on this subject.

Why don't you believe in G-d?