Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

How can a day be a thousand years and a....

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 2:36:41 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
How can a day be a thousand years and a thousand years be as unto a day?

Manipulation of time. What's a billion years to you could be minutes or hours to someone else.

-Interstellar explained

http://youtu.be...

-Matthew M. As a youg man speaks to his elderly daughter

"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 6:43:44 PM
At 2/12/2016 2:36:41 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

Manipulation of time. What's a billion years to you could be minutes or hours to someone else.

-Interstellar explained

Yes, A thousand years are as one day to the Lord and a thousand dollars are as one cent, and when I asked him for a cent, he said OK, come back tomorrow.
The tongue, the sharp two edged sword that divides the spirit from the soul.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 6:48:46 PM

-Interstellar explained

This makes any message that could possibly be conveyed by some "higher power" completely meaningless to us. Just FYI.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 8:49:07 PM
At 2/12/2016 6:48:46 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

-Interstellar explained

This makes any message that could possibly be conveyed by some "higher power" completely meaningless to us. Just FYI.

It's a theoretical concept. People ask how God can tansend tme. I provided you the theoretical concept.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/12/2016 11:53:31 PM
At 2/12/2016 8:49:07 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

-Interstellar explained

It's a theoretical concept. People ask how God can tansend tme. I provided you the theoretical concept.

Did you know, that according to the Holy Scriptures, it is not until Elijah appears on earth in his glorified body and gathers the required number of Jews and Gentiles who are to sit upon the thrones that have been prepared for them to rule with Christ for the thousand years, that the only begotten prophet of God, will then descend and enter the first temple which is the body of the man Jesus, where he shall be treated with outrage and hung upon a tree, and when the veil of that temple=body is torn, the spirit of the Lord will be poured forth as fire upon the gentile ancestors, of the chosen ones in the future.

Our concept of one directional linear time is false, we should be looking to multi-directional time to explain how the Omega who is the end result of this cycle of universal activity could descend to the beginnings of Space-Time and be seen as the Alpha, the God who existed before this world began. The God who dies by changing his past for the salvation of the body of mankind.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 1:07:06 AM

-Interstellar explained

The Bible is not there talking about time manipulation, but the sensation of time passing.

Just as to a child every minute is significant, and to an adult much less so, to Jehovah, who has been around since before time began a thousand years seems no more significant than a day.

In effect Jehovah is saying, "so what if I take 1,000 years to do something, to me that is nothing, to me it is feels the same as a day does to you".

Though it is also true that Jehovah can manipulate time. After all, in answer to Joshua's prayer he made the sun appear to stand still in the sky for a whole day, to give Joshua the daylight he needed to defeat the enemies of Gibeon on the Plains of Aijalon.

I have no idea how he did it. Scripture doesn't say, but knowing Jehovah as I do, as we all should learn to do (John 17:3), I have no doubt that to a being with his great power not only was doing it easy, but so was cancelling out any ill effects that stemmed from it.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 2:15:30 AM
At 2/13/2016 1:07:06 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

I have no idea how he did it. Scripture doesn't say, but knowing Jehovah as I do, as we all should learn to do (John 17:3), I have no doubt that to a being with his great power not only was doing it easy, but so was cancelling out any ill effects that stemmed from it.

Psycho MCB publicly preaches again concerning his fallible god and in in violation of his Botchtower decreed order NOT to do so! i.e. -

Botchtower Rules on Disfellowship: e.g. MCB - "If at one time a person had been disfellowshiped or disassociated, may he ever give a public talk? This might occur, but only after at least ten years from reinstatement." Kingdom Ministry 1970 Dec p.4."

NB: Psycho MCB has been disfellowshipped, but never reinstated!

Regardless, MCB's Psychotic rantings are once again easily refuted & corrected by Moi, i.e. -

The Lord was with the men of Judah. They conquered29 the hill country, but they could not30 conquer the people living in the coastal plain, because they had chariots with iron-rimmed wheels.31 (Judges 1:19) NET Story book

So obviously MCB's Story book god is NOT Omnipotent; but as we read, is actually impotent in the coastal plain and is also impotent against iron-wheel rimmed chariots and is impotent against moi, and we successfully manage to ' keep out ' ALL Supernatural gods, especially & including your imagined ones? LOL!
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 2:24:17 AM
I don't know where this came from, nor can I vouch for the truth of it. Perhaps if someone wishes to google up if anything like this did happen with the space scientists at Green Belt, Maryland, then let them go for it. For myself, I will simply repeat below, that which I had read, but as yet, have not had the time to verify whether it was true or not

"I think one of the most amazing things that God has for us today happened recently to our astronauts and space scientists at Green Belt, Maryland. They were checking the position of the sun, moon, and planets out in space where they would be 100 years and 1000 years from now.. We have to know this so we won't send a satellite, up and have it bump into something later on during its orbits. We have to lay out the orbits in terms of the life of the satellite, and where the planets will be so the whole thing will not bog down..

They ran the computer measurement back and forth over the centuries and it came to a halt. The computer stopped and put up a red signal, which meant that there was something wrong either with the information fed into it or with the results as compared to the standards. They called in the service department to check it out and they said what's wrong?

Well they found there is a day missing in space in elapsed time. They scratched their heads and tore their hair. There was no answer. Finally, a Christian man on the team said, You know, one time I was in Sunday school and they talked about the sun standing still. While they didn't believe him, they didn't have an answer either, so they said, Show us. He got a Bible and went back to the book of Joshua where they found a pretty ridiculous statement for any one with common sense.

There they found the Lord saying to Joshua, Fear them not, I have delivered them into thy hand; there shall not a man of them stand before thee. Joshua was concerned because he was surrounded by the enemy and if darkness fell they would overpower them. So Joshua asked the Lord to make the sun stand still! That's right---The sun stood still and the moon stayed---and hasted not to go down about a whole day!
The astronauts and scientists said, There is the missing day! They checked the computers going back into the time it was written and found it was close but not close enough. The elapsed time that was missing back in Joshua's day was 23 hours and 20 minutes---not a whole day. They read the Bible and there it was, "about (approximately) a day."

These little words in the Bible are important, but they were still in trouble because if you cannot account for 40 minutes you'll still be in trouble 1000 years from now. Forty minutes had to be found because it can be multiplied many times over in orbits..
As the Christian employee thought about it, remembered somewhere in the Bible where it said the sun went backwards. The scientists told him he was out of his mind, but they got out the Book and read these words in 2 Kings: Hezekiah, on his death-bed, was visited by the prophet Isaiah who told him that he was not going to die.

Hezekiah asked for a sign as proof. Isaiah said Do you want the sun to go ahead 10 degrees? Hezekiah said, It is nothing for the sun to go ahead 10 degrees, but let the shadow return backward 10 degrees. Isaiah spoke to the Lord and the Lord brought the shadow ten degrees backward! Ten degrees is exactly 40 minutes! Twenty three hours and 20 minutes in Joshua, plus 40 minutes in Second Kings make the missing day in the universe!"

Anyone who wishes to attempt to verify this, be my guest.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 2:55:53 AM
At 2/13/2016 1:07:06 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
After all, in answer to Joshua's prayer he made the sun appear to stand still in the sky for a whole day, to give Joshua the daylight he needed to defeat the enemies of Gibeon on the Plains of Aijalon.
And don't forget the passage where he huffed and he puffed and he blew the house down.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 2:59:27 AM
At 2/13/2016 2:24:17 AM, Gentorev wrote:
I don't know where this came from, nor can I vouch for the truth of it. Perhaps if someone wishes to google up if anything like this did happen with the space scientists at Green Belt, Maryland, then let them go for it. For myself, I will simply repeat below, that which I had read, but as yet, have not had the time to verify whether it was true or not

"I think one of the most amazing things that God has for us today happened recently to our astronauts and space scientists at Green Belt, Maryland. They were checking the position of the sun, moon, and planets out in space where they would be 100 years and 1000 years from now.. We have to know this so we won't send a satellite, up and have it bump into something later on during its orbits. We have to lay out the orbits in terms of the life of the satellite, and where the planets will be so the whole thing will not bog down..

They ran the computer measurement back and forth over the centuries and it came to a halt. The computer stopped and put up a red signal, which meant that there was something wrong either with the information fed into it or with the results as compared to the standards. They called in the service department to check it out and they said what's wrong?

Well they found there is a day missing in space in elapsed time. They scratched their heads and tore their hair. There was no answer. Finally, a Christian man on the team said, You know, one time I was in Sunday school and they talked about the sun standing still. While they didn't believe him, they didn't have an answer either, so they said, Show us. He got a Bible and went back to the book of Joshua where they found a pretty ridiculous statement for any one with common sense.

There they found the Lord saying to Joshua, Fear them not, I have delivered them into thy hand; there shall not a man of them stand before thee. Joshua was concerned because he was surrounded by the enemy and if darkness fell they would overpower them. So Joshua asked the Lord to make the sun stand still! That's right---The sun stood still and the moon stayed---and hasted not to go down about a whole day!
The astronauts and scientists said, There is the missing day! They checked the computers going back into the time it was written and found it was close but not close enough. The elapsed time that was missing back in Joshua's day was 23 hours and 20 minutes---not a whole day. They read the Bible and there it was, "about (approximately) a day."

These little words in the Bible are important, but they were still in trouble because if you cannot account for 40 minutes you'll still be in trouble 1000 years from now. Forty minutes had to be found because it can be multiplied many times over in orbits..
As the Christian employee thought about it, remembered somewhere in the Bible where it said the sun went backwards. The scientists told him he was out of his mind, but they got out the Book and read these words in 2 Kings: Hezekiah, on his death-bed, was visited by the prophet Isaiah who told him that he was not going to die.

Hezekiah asked for a sign as proof. Isaiah said Do you want the sun to go ahead 10 degrees? Hezekiah said, It is nothing for the sun to go ahead 10 degrees, but let the shadow return backward 10 degrees. Isaiah spoke to the Lord and the Lord brought the shadow ten degrees backward! Ten degrees is exactly 40 minutes! Twenty three hours and 20 minutes in Joshua, plus 40 minutes in Second Kings make the missing day in the universe!"

Anyone who wishes to attempt to verify this, be my guest.

Make sure the satellites don't bump into the planets. Oh your god.
That's where I stopped reading.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 3:20:32 AM
Righto, that didn't take long. I decided to check the truth or otherwise of that preceding article and have found that it was a false report by a man named Harold Hill, who claimed that he was a consultant for NASA.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 4:03:07 AM
At 2/13/2016 3:20:32 AM, Gentorev wrote:
Righto, that didn't take long. I decided to check the truth or otherwise of that preceding article and have found that it was a false report by a man named Harold Hill, who claimed that he was a consultant for NASA.

Good for you double-checking that.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 5:12:26 AM
I believe that the term is only associated with the Bible. Adam and Eve were told that if they sinned, in that day they would surely perish, die.

Adam got to 6oo+ years, which is within the day as a thousand years. In the Bible a day has many meanings, It can be the time division between dark and light "And God called the darkness night, and the light Day".

A day can also be just a passage of time, as in the creative days. These days were not a thousand years each nor were they 24 hours each, no, they were periods of time and could be billions of years long, certainly millions.

Someone said that a thousand years is a millennium. That is true, but a 100 years is a century, 10 years is a decade...So what?

We have days to explain the time someone lived on earth, ie. In Noah's day. In Abraham's day, in Jesus' day, which, as a man, was 33 years, so a day can be many periods of time, but it is usually explained in the Bible.

It is not a mystery nor a contradiction, it is a matter of applying some knowledge to some common sense.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 6:14:39 AM
At 2/13/2016 5:12:26 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
I believe that the term is only associated with the Bible. Adam and Eve were told that if they sinned, in that day they would surely perish, die.

Adam got to 6oo+ years, which is within the day as a thousand years. In the Bible a day has many meanings, It can be the time division between dark and light "And God called the darkness night, and the light Day".

A day can also be just a passage of time, as in the creative days. These days were not a thousand years each nor were they 24 hours each, no, they were periods of time and could be billions of years long, certainly millions.

Someone said that a thousand years is a millennium. That is true, but a 100 years is a century, 10 years is a decade...So what?

We have days to explain the time someone lived on earth, ie. In Noah's day. In Abraham's day, in Jesus' day, which, as a man, was 33 years, so a day can be many periods of time, but it is usually explained in the Bible.

It is not a mystery nor a contradiction, it is a matter of applying some knowledge to some common sense.

Allegedly Adam lived to be 930yrs now each year consists of 365 days thus making his life span with a day equal to 1000yrs 339,450,000 years.
Basic arithmetic is the devils language I see.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 6:25:04 AM
At 2/13/2016 6:14:39 AM, bulproof wrote:

Allegedly Adam lived to be 930yrs now each year consists of 365 days thus making his life span with a day equal to 1000yrs 339,450,000 years.

I bet He didn't look a day over 200 mill.
rnjs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 1:10:56 PM

-Interstellar explained

2 Peter says "A day is like a thousand years",not "a day isa thousand years"The word "like" is a simile and does not define a day but indicates that God is patient and not bound by time.
Peter is also quoting Psalm 90;4."for a thousand years in your sight is like a day that has just gone by,or like a watch in the night"This is known as synonymous parallelism,where a long period is contrasted with two short periods.To be consistent you would have to say that a watch in the night was also a thousand years...,that would be quite the watch.
When the word 'day' or 'yom' is used with the words 'evening' and 'morning' and the days are numbered it indicates that the days are normal days.Our workweek is defined in Exodus 20;8-11 where the Israelites are told to work for six days and rest on the seventh day because God created for six days and rested on the seventh.If the days were a thousand years i would really hate Mondays.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 1:25:32 PM
At 2/13/2016 6:25:04 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 2/13/2016 6:14:39 AM, bulproof wrote:

I bet He didn't look a day over 200 mill.
Yeah but I reckon he was using Pond's Anti Aging cream.
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 3:44:25 PM
At 2/12/2016 8:49:07 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

-Interstellar explained

That in no way changes, refutes, or alters my point.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 4:26:04 PM
At 2/13/2016 1:10:56 PM, rnjs wrote:

2 Peter says "A day is like a thousand years",not "a day isa thousand years"The word "like" is a simile and does not define a day but indicates that God is patient and not bound by time.
No it isn't, it's claiming that your god is outside time and has no knowledge of time. It's also saying that god is incapable of anything because any action or thought requires the passage of time.
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 6:01:23 PM
2/12/2016 8:49:07 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

-Interstellar explained

IN MAHABHARATA WAR (4000 BC), LORD KRISHNA STOPPED TIME (KAAL CHAKRA) which caused arrows to be frozen in mid flight, and took his almighty form , to show Great Grandsire Bhishma who he really is.

http://ajitvadakayil.blogspot.in...
rnjs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 12:36:31 AM
At 2/13/2016 4:26:04 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/13/2016 1:10:56 PM, rnjs wrote:

No it isn't, it's claiming that your god is outside time and has no knowledge of time. It's also saying that god is incapable of anything because any action or thought requires the passage of time.

Didn't say God has no knowledge of time .....God created time and since he is all powerful,and all knowing,he can do anything.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 3:50:11 AM

-Interstellar explained

It is a figure of speech which simply conveys the idea that time is meaningless and irrelevant when discussing eternal concepts.