Jump to topic:

Schools and church should be seperate

beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 1:41:09 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I live in the UK where many schools are affiliated with religious organizations. Usually the Anglican church but also Many other religious organisations. . In my view this should be illegal. All schools should be independent from religious bias and children given a secular education. I would only allow faith schools if they are privately funded with no requirement for government funding. These would generally be private fee paying schools.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 5:50:22 PM
At 2/13/2016 1:41:09 PM, beng100 wrote:
I live in the UK where many schools are affiliated with religious organizations. Usually the Anglican church but also Many other religious organisations. . In my view this should be illegal. All schools should be independent from religious bias and children given a secular education. I would only allow faith schools if they are privately funded with no requirement for government funding. These would generally be private fee paying schools.

Perhaps, this speech from 'Mirror Mirror' might help...

KIRK: The illogic of waste, Mister Spock. The waste of lives, potential, resources, time. I submit to you that your Empire is illogical because it cannot endure. I submit that you are illogical to be a willing part of it.
KIRK: If change is inevitable, predictable, beneficial, doesn't logic demand that you be a part of it?
SPOCK: One man cannot summon the future.
KIRK: But one man can change the present. Be the captain of this Enterprise, Mister Spock. Find a logical reason for sparing the Halkans and make it stick. Push till it gives. You can defend yourself better than any man in the fleet.
KIRK: What will it be? Past or future? Tyranny or freedom? It's up to you.
KIRK: In every revolution, there's one man with a vision.
SPOCK: Captain Kirk, I shall consider it.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Redfordnutt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/13/2016 10:25:05 PM
At 2/13/2016 1:41:09 PM, beng100 wrote:

Totally agree with you mate, couldn't have put it better myself.