Total Posts:95|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Ask an atheist

AWSM0055
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 2:17:24 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Why do you post in the religion forum with the intent to ridicule or dissuade people from their faith?
AWSM0055
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 2:35:51 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 2:17:24 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Why do you post in the religion forum with the intent to ridicule or dissuade people from their faith?

You said it yourself, "to ridicule or dissuade people from their faith". I'm taking the p*** out of religion and its antics.
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 2:43:18 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 2:35:51 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:17:24 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Why do you post in the religion forum with the intent to ridicule or dissuade people from their faith?

You said it yourself, "to ridicule or dissuade people from their faith". I'm taking the p*** out of religion and its antics.

Well I know that is your intent I guess I was asking for the motivation.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 2:46:52 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 2:17:24 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Why do you post in the religion forum with the intent to ridicule or dissuade people from their faith?

You sound like your suggesting that one should not post in the religious section to ridicule or dissuade people from various beliefs ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 2:59:43 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 2:46:52 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:17:24 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Why do you post in the religion forum with the intent to ridicule or dissuade people from their faith?

You sound like your suggesting that one should not post in the religious section to ridicule or dissuade people from various beliefs ?

...on a debate site no less. The nerve!! How dare he!!
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 3:04:26 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

1. What is your definition of atheist?

2. Do you believe it is impossible for a god to exist.

3. Are you immoral? Where does your morality come from?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 3:08:50 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 2:59:43 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:46:52 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:17:24 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Why do you post in the religion forum with the intent to ridicule or dissuade people from their faith?

You sound like your suggesting that one should not post in the religious section to ridicule or dissuade people from various beliefs ?

...on a debate site no less. The nerve!! How dare he!!

shame perhaps he can answer the question as to "why".
AWSM0055
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 3:11:33 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 2:43:18 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:35:51 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:17:24 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Why do you post in the religion forum with the intent to ridicule or dissuade people from their faith?

You said it yourself, "to ridicule or dissuade people from their faith". I'm taking the p*** out of religion and its antics.

Well I know that is your intent I guess I was asking for the motivation.

I do know really know what my motivation is. Too see how people react? S*** FINE BROS NO...
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 3:14:37 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 3:08:50 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:59:43 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:46:52 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:17:24 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Why do you post in the religion forum with the intent to ridicule or dissuade people from their faith?

You sound like your suggesting that one should not post in the religious section to ridicule or dissuade people from various beliefs ?

...on a debate site no less. The nerve!! How dare he!!

shame perhaps he can answer the question as to "why".

Well, I think a better question is "why shouldn't he post on a public forum on a debate sight?"
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 3:23:33 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 3:14:37 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 2/14/2016 3:08:50 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:59:43 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:46:52 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:17:24 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Why do you post in the religion forum with the intent to ridicule or dissuade people from their faith?

You sound like your suggesting that one should not post in the religious section to ridicule or dissuade people from various beliefs ?

...on a debate site no less. The nerve!! How dare he!!

shame perhaps he can answer the question as to "why".

Well, I think a better question is "why shouldn't he post on a public forum on a debate sight?"

I don't think 6 day creationism is correct. I think it poor rationale and in error. I have no motivation to engage in repeated discussions to dissuade them of such.

I'm curious as to why a person who portrays themselves as rational and the epitome of logical thought (like most Atheist think of themselves) would engage in activity so emotionally motivated.

I mean the theist use the command to spread the good word. But an Atheist has no higher authority or command.

I suspect this is because atheism is an emotional reaction. An ideology emergent from doubt and anger than from actual reason or evidence.
Gentorev
Posts: 2,907
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 3:25:46 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to "STROKE"my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Talking about strokes, guess who had one before he could get to Australia, your high priest, "Richard Dawkins".

Porpoises-purposes-education????, Mate I know why you joined the atheist religion, because of your lack of education, if you read like you spell then you have joined the right mob.
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 3:43:49 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Can you give us one good reason to believe atheism is true?
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 3:56:34 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 2:35:51 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:17:24 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Why do you post in the religion forum with the intent to ridicule or dissuade people from their faith?

You said it yourself, "to ridicule or dissuade people from their faith". I'm taking the p*** out of religion and its antics.

Agnostic here, why insult the non-secular? If you want to be taken seriously, how about treating them as you would any other person?
Meh!
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 3:56:57 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 3:23:33 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/14/2016 3:14:37 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 2/14/2016 3:08:50 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:59:43 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:46:52 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:17:24 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Why do you post in the religion forum with the intent to ridicule or dissuade people from their faith?

You sound like your suggesting that one should not post in the religious section to ridicule or dissuade people from various beliefs ?

...on a debate site no less. The nerve!! How dare he!!

shame perhaps he can answer the question as to "why".

Well, I think a better question is "why shouldn't he post on a public forum on a debate sight?"

I don't think 6 day creationism is correct. I think it poor rationale and in error. I have no motivation to engage in repeated discussions to dissuade them of such.

If you accept intuition/revelation as separate form of knowledge, then a literal six day creation or how it conflicts with scientific conclusions wouldn't be an issue for you. Anyone with a different epistemological view would take issue with it for reasons beyond disbelief.

I'm curious as to why a person who portrays themselves as rational and the epitome of logical thought (like most Atheist think of themselves) would engage in activity so emotionally motivated.

Does our OP generally respond in an emotional manner to rational posts, or is that your depiction of him?

I mean the theist use the command to spread the good word. But an Atheist has no higher authority or command.

An interest in the well-being of humanity need not be mandated by a transcendental being.

I suspect this is because atheism is an emotional reaction. An ideology emergent from doubt and anger than from actual reason or evidence.

I don't doubt that some atheists fit your description, but certainly not all.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
AWSM0055
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 4:00:53 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 3:25:46 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to "STROKE"my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Talking about strokes, guess who had one before he could get to Australia, your high priest, "Richard Dawkins".

He isn't a high priest, but no I didn't know he had a stroke.

Porpoises-purposes-education????, Mate I know why you joined the atheist religion, because of your lack of education, if you read like you spell then you have joined the right mob.

Is said "porpoise" on porpoise lol. It's a joke, calm yourself.
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
AWSM0055
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 4:00:59 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 3:56:34 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:35:51 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:17:24 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Why do you post in the religion forum with the intent to ridicule or dissuade people from their faith?

You said it yourself, "to ridicule or dissuade people from their faith". I'm taking the p*** out of religion and its antics.

Agnostic here, why insult the non-secular? If you want to be taken seriously, how about treating them as you would any other person?

Because their beliefs are ridiculous (from my point of view), and I don't take seriously any person that holds such beliefs.

BTW, when I say "beliefs", I don't necessarily mean "God". The concept of God isn't ridiculous, but the ideologies of religions that believe such an entity are ridiculous.
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
AWSM0055
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 4:02:30 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 3:43:49 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Can you give us one good reason to believe atheism is true?

Well, lack of evidence that God exists is one...
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 4:08:58 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 4:02:30 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 3:43:49 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Can you give us one good reason to believe atheism is true?

Well, lack of evidence that God exists is one...

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Care to try again?
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 4:15:19 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 3:56:57 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 2/14/2016 3:23:33 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/14/2016 3:14:37 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 2/14/2016 3:08:50 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:59:43 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:46:52 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:17:24 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Why do you post in the religion forum with the intent to ridicule or dissuade people from their faith?

You sound like your suggesting that one should not post in the religious section to ridicule or dissuade people from various beliefs ?

...on a debate site no less. The nerve!! How dare he!!

shame perhaps he can answer the question as to "why".

Well, I think a better question is "why shouldn't he post on a public forum on a debate sight?"

I don't think 6 day creationism is correct. I think it poor rationale and in error. I have no motivation to engage in repeated discussions to dissuade them of such.

If you accept intuition/revelation as separate form of knowledge, then a literal six day creation or how it conflicts with scientific conclusions wouldn't be an issue for you. Anyone with a different epistemological view would take issue with it for reasons beyond disbelief.

I don't take issue with it because it is different from scientific conclusions. Your comment affirms that you think scientific conclusion is a better source of knowledge than revelation.

My contention with it is linguistic. It is a representation of the account that doesn't match with internal ques from the Bible. not on how it compares ot external or other accounts.

Irrelevant though my example was to show I disagree with another person religious slant and yet am not motivated to spend hours a day dissuading them of it.


I'm curious as to why a person who portrays themselves as rational and the epitome of logical thought (like most Atheist think of themselves) would engage in activity so emotionally motivated.

Does our OP generally respond in an emotional manner to rational posts, or is that your depiction of him?

I asked why he responded and says he doesn't know why. Clearly if the motivation for his actions were my rigorous intellectual thought he would have an articulate reason and justification at least summarily available.


I mean the theist use the command to spread the good word. But an Atheist has no higher authority or command.

An interest in the well-being of humanity need not be mandated by a transcendental being.

So attacking people of religious faith and attempting to deconvert them to a more agnostic state of doubting any metaphysical reality is beneficial to humanity.

I would ask how you empirically demonstrate such a claim but I have heard this advertisement trodded out on militant atheist websites. All wars are caused by religion ect.. blah blah.


I suspect this is because atheism is an emotional reaction. An ideology emergent from doubt and anger than from actual reason or evidence.

I don't doubt that some atheists fit your description, but certainly not all.

Is it logical to assert that when one is unconvinced by an argument then is must be false?

Is it logical to assert that because evidence for an entity is not forthcoming and through scientific measurement that the entity does not exist?

And yet if Scientist assert the existence of worm holes, dark energy, gravitons, parallel universes, without empirical evidence it is logical to accept those entities as existing?

Oh no I think the double standard by which Atheist argue, by the sophistry and redefining of words and the goal post shifting is evident that atheism is an emotionally charged mentality rather an intellectual critique.

Where you might be able to find one truely unjudging agnostic, I say well done the exception that proves the rule. But also that this is just the intellectual epistemological cover and shield that Atheist hide behind when their anti-religion, anti-god, anti-equality, anti-moral hate speech finally has to answer for it's claims... ooops sorry i mean claims they are not making.
bulproof
Posts: 25,221
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 4:17:52 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 4:08:58 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 4:02:30 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 3:43:49 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Can you give us one good reason to believe atheism is true?

Well, lack of evidence that God exists is one...

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Care to try again?
You claim gods exist so you provide evidence to support that claim and you have proven atheism false.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Casten
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 4:24:57 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 3:43:49 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Can you give us one good reason to believe atheism is true?

God told me it is.

... Wait.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 4:25:54 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 4:17:52 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/14/2016 4:08:58 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 4:02:30 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 3:43:49 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Can you give us one good reason to believe atheism is true?

Well, lack of evidence that God exists is one...

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Care to try again?
You claim gods exist so you provide evidence to support that claim and you have proven atheism false.

Seeing how first order4 logic and traditional philosophical debate procedures escape you.

Maybe we can try to phrase the question the way it might be worded in a Scientific investigation:

Why should any one accept that there is no difference between a world with God and a world without God?
bulproof
Posts: 25,221
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 4:45:23 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 4:25:54 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/14/2016 4:17:52 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/14/2016 4:08:58 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 4:02:30 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 3:43:49 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Can you give us one good reason to believe atheism is true?

Well, lack of evidence that God exists is one...

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Care to try again?
You claim gods exist so you provide evidence to support that claim and you have proven atheism false.

Seeing how first order4 logic and traditional philosophical debate procedures escape you.

Maybe we can try to phrase the question the way it might be worded in a Scientific investigation:

Why should any one accept that there is no difference between a world with God and a world without God?
Meaningless drivel because you can't fulfill my request.
You make the claim, you prove it's veracity or it is logically false.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 4:49:14 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 4:45:23 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/14/2016 4:25:54 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/14/2016 4:17:52 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/14/2016 4:08:58 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 4:02:30 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 3:43:49 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Can you give us one good reason to believe atheism is true?

Well, lack of evidence that God exists is one...

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Care to try again?
You claim gods exist so you provide evidence to support that claim and you have proven atheism false.

Seeing how first order4 logic and traditional philosophical debate procedures escape you.

Maybe we can try to phrase the question the way it might be worded in a Scientific investigation:

Why should any one accept that there is no difference between a world with God and a world without God?
Meaningless drivel because you can't fulfill my request.
You make the claim, you prove it's veracity or it is logically false.

Actually if you were inclined to use logic you might know that not-affirming a claim is not equal to affirming not-claim.
bulproof
Posts: 25,221
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 5:00:10 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 4:49:14 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/14/2016 4:45:23 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/14/2016 4:25:54 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/14/2016 4:17:52 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/14/2016 4:08:58 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 4:02:30 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 3:43:49 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Can you give us one good reason to believe atheism is true?

Well, lack of evidence that God exists is one...

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Care to try again?
You claim gods exist so you provide evidence to support that claim and you have proven atheism false.

Seeing how first order4 logic and traditional philosophical debate procedures escape you.

Maybe we can try to phrase the question the way it might be worded in a Scientific investigation:

Why should any one accept that there is no difference between a world with God and a world without God?
Meaningless drivel because you can't fulfill my request.
You make the claim, you prove it's veracity or it is logically false.

Actually if you were inclined to use logic you might know that not-affirming a claim is not equal to affirming not-claim.
But of course it makes the dismissal of the claim mandatory.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 5:02:48 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 5:00:10 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/14/2016 4:49:14 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/14/2016 4:45:23 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/14/2016 4:25:54 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/14/2016 4:17:52 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/14/2016 4:08:58 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 4:02:30 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 3:43:49 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Can you give us one good reason to believe atheism is true?

Well, lack of evidence that God exists is one...

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Care to try again?
You claim gods exist so you provide evidence to support that claim and you have proven atheism false.

Seeing how first order4 logic and traditional philosophical debate procedures escape you.

Maybe we can try to phrase the question the way it might be worded in a Scientific investigation:

Why should any one accept that there is no difference between a world with God and a world without God?
Meaningless drivel because you can't fulfill my request.
You make the claim, you prove it's veracity or it is logically false.

Actually if you were inclined to use logic you might know that not-affirming a claim is not equal to affirming not-claim.
But of course it makes the dismissal of the claim mandatory.

No bullpoop. If a claim is unconvincing to someone that does not mean the claim is false.
Axonly
Posts: 1,802
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 5:06:25 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 4:00:59 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 3:56:34 AM, Axonly wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:35:51 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:17:24 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Why do you post in the religion forum with the intent to ridicule or dissuade people from their faith?

You said it yourself, "to ridicule or dissuade people from their faith". I'm taking the p*** out of religion and its antics.

Agnostic here, why insult the non-secular? If you want to be taken seriously, how about treating them as you would any other person?

Because their beliefs are ridiculous (from my point of view), and I don't take seriously any person that holds such beliefs.

BTW, when I say "beliefs", I don't necessarily mean "God". The concept of God isn't ridiculous, but the ideologies of religions that believe such an entity are ridiculous.

They view their on beliefs the same way you view yours.

Just because you dislike their beliefs doesn't mean you should treat them like crap, so how about we all just be adults and play nice?
Meh!
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 5:11:32 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 4:17:52 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/14/2016 4:08:58 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 4:02:30 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 3:43:49 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Can you give us one good reason to believe atheism is true?

Well, lack of evidence that God exists is one...

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Care to try again?
You claim gods exist so you provide evidence to support that claim and you have proven atheism false.

This thread is called "Ask an atheist", so I'm not required to prove anything. He's the one who wants to field questions, so he is the one who has to answer questions.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 5:12:38 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/14/2016 4:24:57 AM, Casten wrote:
At 2/14/2016 3:43:49 AM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/14/2016 2:09:19 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
Ask me anything that is relevant to my atheism or my transition to atheism! This is NOT to stroke my ego, this is entirely for educational porpoises and to clear any misunderstanding between atheists and theists.

Can you give us one good reason to believe atheism is true?

God told me it is.

... Wait.

Ha ha
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax