Jump to topic:

Simple Mathematics And God

TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 6:58:46 AM
Posted: 10 months ago
The widely accepted theory to disprove God is the theory of evolution.

You need something to begin with. Nothing cannot evolve into something. So, where lies the origin of that something? How it all started? I can hear evolutionists saying, ' The Big Bang! '.

Coming to my question now, Let us take all the ingredients required to make a burger in one packet. All ingredients are there in the packet veggies, oils, grains etc. If we burst the packet with high heat explosion, Is There ANY probability for it to turn out in a burger.

Before you answer let me remind you a more appropiate anology would be to take seeds of oil plants, grain plants and vegetable plants in that packet.(and seed as the DNA, but big bang says all of it happened with matter and energy to make DNA by chance)

Can you imagine the same thing with other foods, like a curry that is cooked using moderate heat for hours, requiring different cooking time for different things.

Those who 'believe in' big bang theory say that there could be a blind watchmaker. But is Not the watchmaker a human, one with brain and Conciousness. It could be said that once in an infinite time it 'somehow' happened. But taking an organic approach we know TIME DOES MAKE DNA FORMATION IMPOSSIBLE, it takes different time for making of different things more or less would Not do it. But Big Bang can Not explain how various things got various times to form (leave alone the fact that law of thermodynamics Does not allow things to be assembed perfectly in order.

We today, know that genetically modified foods do Not match the quality of food that exists naturally. Even today we are discovering new things about small creatures say bees that prove our previous assumptions wrong. In such a case, is Not a simple 'theory' explaining various life forms with one single formula, that mutations occur (and how? Even If we believe theory of evolution, what DERIVES mutation, some form of self intelligence? ) by a man Darwin who had no idea about DNA.

What is the probability that one day, we can make concious robots, who genuinely feel pain and Not just pretend to cry and who enjoy jokes as much as we do. Is Not every single human invention a compliment to our own abilities?

Is Not Conciousness The Proof That God Exists?

Can a robot ever compete with music artists and make something he is Not programmed to do?

Despite so many robotic advancements, why is a hand built item most valuable?

CAN A ROBOT EVER REPRODUCE?

A robot can be smart, can he ever be wise? A simple computer programme can be edited for decades, yet it is not free from errors, it is Not perfect.

Please Do Not provide any links. You are free to quote anyone and copy paste.

Atheists and theists can share their point of view.

My main question is : ISN'T IT TRUE THAT BIG BANG CAN NOT EXPLAIN THE REALITY OF TIME, THAT IS, IT TAKES TIME FOR THINGS TO HAPPEN?
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 7:24:14 AM
At 2/14/2016 6:58:46 AM, TREssspa wrote:

You need something to begin with. Nothing cannot evolve into something. So, where lies the origin of that something? How it all started? I can hear evolutionists saying, ' The Big Bang! '.

Coming to my question now, Let us take all the ingredients required to make a burger in one packet. All ingredients are there in the packet veggies, oils, grains etc. If we burst the packet with high heat explosion, Is There ANY probability for it to turn out in a burger.

Before you answer let me remind you a more appropiate anology would be to take seeds of oil plants, grain plants and vegetable plants in that packet.(and seed as the DNA, but big bang says all of it happened with matter and energy to make DNA by chance)

Can you imagine the same thing with other foods, like a curry that is cooked using moderate heat for hours, requiring different cooking time for different things.

Those who 'believe in' big bang theory say that there could be a blind watchmaker. But is Not the watchmaker a human, one with brain and Conciousness. It could be said that once in an infinite time it 'somehow' happened. But taking an organic approach we know TIME DOES MAKE DNA FORMATION IMPOSSIBLE, it takes different time for making of different things more or less would Not do it. But Big Bang can Not explain how various things got various times to form (leave alone the fact that law of thermodynamics Does not allow things to be assembed perfectly in order.

We today, know that genetically modified foods do Not match the quality of food that exists naturally. Even today we are discovering new things about small creatures say bees that prove our previous assumptions wrong. In such a case, is Not a simple 'theory' explaining various life forms with one single formula, that mutations occur (and how? Even If we believe theory of evolution, what DERIVES mutation, some form of self intelligence? ) by a man Darwin who had no idea about DNA.

What is the probability that one day, we can make concious robots, who genuinely feel pain and Not just pretend to cry and who enjoy jokes as much as we do. Is Not every single human invention a compliment to our own abilities?

Can a robot ever compete with music artists and make something he is Not programmed to do?

A robot can be smart, can he ever be wise? A simple computer programme can be edited for decades, yet it is not free from errors, it is Not perfect.

My main question is : ISN'T IT TRUE THAT BIG BANG CAN NOT EXPLAIN THE REALITY OF TIME, THAT IS, IT TAKES TIME FOR THINGS TO HAPPEN?

We are just that damn lucky
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 7:30:02 AM

Stopped reading here.

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 7:51:13 AM
Please get an education and come back.
Once again an education may prevent you making a fool of yourself, the big bang bears no relationship to evolution.
Define high heat explosion. Other than that WTF are you raving about?
Education is in desperate need.
You're not much of a cook. Stick to mud pies.
It just gets stupider and stupider.

NO
Misogynist or what?

Your main question besides being incoherent is unrelated to all of your previous drivel.
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 7:55:59 AM

No, it doesn't disprove God but it does eliminate his need.

No, the Big Bang makes no comments on the origin of the universe. It only explains how the universe "evolved" as it were till now. Similar to how the evolution theory only explains how life "evolved" to where it is today, but makes no comment on its origin (aka how it got here).

Nope.

Nope.

Big Bang and evolution theory are not the same thing. Also, the universe has fundamental forces and laws and chemicals that caused life to form, not a random chance.

"Genetically modified foods do not match the quality of food that exists naturally" define "quility". Also, source please.

Also, my suggestion is that you use proper grammar and punctuation to make your thoughts more clear, because I have no idea what your saying.

Sure

No

No

Are they!

Not like life no.

Don't know

K

No idea what that means.
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 9:32:34 AM

It takes time for shock waves to reach my ears and be converted to electrical pulses that are sent to my brain where those waves are translated as sound. It also takes time for light waves to travel from an object to my eyes where they are also converted to electric pulses which my brain translates as the image of that object.

Of all the stars in heaven and the space that lies between
Its centre is the planet of my birth
Earth"s horizon stretches outward at equal distance from my throne
So I hold the central point upon this earth
As light and sound need time to carry all their messages to me
My senses tell me all has run its race
And every thing that happens has happened in my past
So I hold the highest point in time and space
A primitive concept some might say and a view that leads to sin
But perhaps we all were made this way to discover God within.....By Gentorev.
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 1:39:16 PM
At 2/14/2016 9:32:34 AM, Gentorev wrote:

It takes time for shock waves to reach my ears and be converted to electrical pulses that are sent to my brain where those waves are translated as sound. It also takes time for light waves to travel from an object to my eyes where they are also converted to electric pulses which my brain translates as the image of that object.

Of all the stars in heaven and the space that lies between
Its centre is the planet of my birth

What, earth? Are you a geocentrist? Wouldn't be surprising.

Earth"s horizon stretches outward at equal distance from my throne
So I hold the central point upon this earth

There is no "central point UPON this earth".

As light and sound need time to carry all their messages to me
My senses tell me all has run its race
And every thing that happens has happened in my past
So I hold the highest point in time and space

Nonsensical

A primitive concept some might say and a view that leads to sin

It is a primative concept. It's been debunked for 400 years. It's also highly nonsensical. Representing such a primative concept should be classed as a sin *ding*.

But perhaps we all were made this way to discover God within.....By Gentorev.

Ohhh this was a poem? I thought it was just your natural idiocy! Small mistake...
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
Leugen9001
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 6:11:58 PM
Your analogy about evolution and the big bang is flawed, as it fails to take into account the fact that these theories talk about the development of the world not as a random process, but rather a process guided by natural laws.

Laws like gravity allowed stars and planets to clump together and form without any intervention from a supreme being. Simple rules can create complex behaviour without intelligence.

After the planets formed, the first life formed. While the idea that life can form from chemicals may, at a cursory glance, seem crazy, it has been shown that chemicals can self-assemble into complex structures. (https://www.youtube.com...)

The life was then selected through natural selection; it's not a random process.

Let's say that we took ingredients like flour, water, tomato paste, and pepperoni, and we'd like a pizza. We create two randomly assembled piles of the ingredient, and we select the pile that looks more like a pizza. Then, we copy the pile, modify the two piles slightly, do the selection again, and so on. Eventually, we'd get a pizza.

There is a pile of evidence for evolution. We know that it can occur, as we have observed new species and beneficial traits forming. We also know that it did occur, as we have a somewhat complete set of transitional fossils. (www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/section1.html#morphological_intermediates)
:) nac
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 8:38:30 PM

Evolution has absolutely nothing to do with God. That is an idea concocted by theists who cannot handle the fact that empirical and verifiable observations of reality are not consistent with their holy book.

We do need something to begin with. Having no proof of what that something is does not mean Goddidit.

And this is where your "math" no longer applies.

You are making the very common intelligent design sharpshooter fallacy. Imagine a man who fires a shot at the side of his barn, then walks up to the bullet hole, paints a bulls-eye around the bullet hole, and uses this to claim that he is a sharpshooter because he hit the target precisely. You would instantly see what is wrong with this.

The odds of something occurring is a valid argument when the target is established before the event, not after. If the odds of the universe forming in this state were one in a trillion then that would mean that there were a trillion possible universes that could have formed. Therefore the fact that the universe which did form beat the odds of one in a trillion is not remarkable at all, because no matter which universe formed the odds would have been one in a trillion against it. In other words, the odds of a universe with a one in a trillion odds being formed was actually one in one.

The fact that we like to live and are glad that this universe formed does not make that any more remarkable.