Jump to topic:

Just had some jw's to the door....

graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 10:23:20 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
they had no idea that the jw's had given a date for the end of the world a number of times, making them by biblical standards false prophets, they had never heard of Beth sarim, they had never heard that their original leaders had considered the idea that Jesus was really michael ridiculous and not scriptural...
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 12:39:24 PM
At 2/14/2016 10:23:20 AM, graceofgod wrote:
they had no idea that the jw's had given a date for the end of the world a number of times, making them by biblical standards false prophets, they had never heard of Beth sarim, they had never heard that their original leaders had considered the idea that Jesus was really michael ridiculous and not scriptural...

Sounds.ike an improvement. They were fed less lies than their predecessors. Did they appear less suicidal or mentally disturbed than our old timers?
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 1:29:49 PM

I know. As a former JW, I can confirm that it's followers are often fed lie after lie after lie. No joke.

Also, how did you tell them? Did you just give them an anecdote or did you give them some watchtowers as proof? Just wondering.
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 1:47:58 PM
At 2/14/2016 12:39:24 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Sounds.ike an improvement. They were fed less lies than their predecessors. Did they appear less suicidal or mentally disturbed than our old timers?

it was hard to know there true mental state... they were still in a cult..
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 1:48:57 PM
At 2/14/2016 1:29:49 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:

I know. As a former JW, I can confirm that it's followers are often fed lie after lie after lie. No joke.

Also, how did you tell them? Did you just give them an anecdote or did you give them some watchtowers as proof? Just wondering.

i told them the watch tower booklets that the information came up in, hope they bother to research it...
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 1:55:01 PM

We cannot deprogrammed a brain washed JW member. But we can stop them from spreading their lies on DDO. I was suggesting our own brand of Disfellowshipping and shunning. But was overruled by the moderators. Apparently they are not the only brainwashed victims on DDO.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 2:01:23 PM
At 2/14/2016 1:47:58 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 2/14/2016 12:39:24 PM, Harikrish wrote:

it was hard to know there true mental state... they were still in a cult..

I bet they were younger than our MCB (67) or Peternosaint (77). Being younger their brains are still malleable.
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 2:05:11 PM
The Jehovah's Witness group is a total cult. I can't believe they're still knocking on doors. Don't they realize people don't want to buy into their utter nonsense?
Pro-Life Quotes:

"I've noticed that everyone who is for abortion has already been born."
- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

"A person is a person no matter how small."
- Dr. Seuss
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 2:29:34 PM
At 2/14/2016 2:05:11 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:
The Jehovah's Witness group is a total cult. I can't believe they're still knocking on doors. Don't they realize people don't want to buy into their utter nonsense?

They are a very unpleasant cult indeed! However, so are the evangelicals who threaten you with hell-fire if you don't get 'saved'!
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 3:35:41 PM
At 2/14/2016 2:29:34 PM, JJ50 wrote:

They are a very unpleasant cult indeed! However, so are the evangelicals who threaten you with hell-fire if you don't get 'saved'!

True dat
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 9:02:06 PM

Just had someone like you at my door, they took them away in a white van, but the struggle getting the straight jackets on them was fun to watch.

Who was the Catholic that the catholics burnt at the stake and then martyred later?
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 9:03:24 PM

GOG, of Magog probably just waffled on as it does here.
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 9:05:01 PM
At 2/14/2016 1:48:57 PM, graceofgod wrote:

i told them the watch tower booklets that the information came up in, hope they bother to research it...

ME: And what were those booklets, just in case they come to my door????
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 9:06:55 PM
At 2/14/2016 1:55:01 PM, Harikrish wrote:

We cannot deprogrammed a brain washed JW member. But we can stop them from spreading their lies on DDO. I was suggesting our own brand of Disfellowshipping and shunning. But was overruled by the moderators. Apparently they are not the only brainwashed victims on DDO.

ME: Oh! you poor little snot nosed baby...Couldn't get you own way. Go play with the Komodos, you will fit in there really well.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 9:44:45 PM
At 2/14/2016 9:02:06 PM, Peternosaint wrote:

Just had someone like you at my door, they took them away in a white van, but the struggle getting the straight jackets on them was fun to watch.
you should have listened to them you might have got saved...

Who was the Catholic that the catholics burnt at the stake and then martyred later?
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 9:46:05 PM
At 2/14/2016 9:05:01 PM, Peternosaint wrote:

you know the ones the jw;s always have them.... toilet paper most people call them...
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/14/2016 10:55:37 PM
At 2/14/2016 9:46:05 PM, graceofgod wrote:

you know the ones the jw;s always have them.... toilet paper most people call them...

ME: Confirms that you lied, as usual.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 9:30:16 AM
At 2/14/2016 10:55:37 PM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 2/14/2016 9:46:05 PM, graceofgod wrote:

ME: Confirms that you lied, as usual.
not at all some people do use them as toilet paper...
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 9:32:52 AM
"The Watchtower has consistently presented evidence to honesthearted students of Bible prophecy that Jesus" presence in heavenly Kingdom power began in 1914." Watchtower 1993 Jan 15 p.5
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 9:35:58 AM

They usually travel in pairs around here - one white and one negro, usually. I'll invite the white one inside to "study" and light up a cigarette.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 9:42:23 AM
At 2/15/2016 9:35:58 AM, annanicole wrote:

They usually travel in pairs around here - one white and one negro, usually. I'll invite the white one inside to "study" and light up a cigarette.

another way is to invite them in and say before we start can I pray and pray for the Holy spirit to come upon the meeting, to lead and guide the discussion and bring healing where it is required,pray in tongues, they tend to get edgy to say the least...
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 2:02:04 PM

Evangelicals aren't a cult. They actually preach what's written in the Bible. The Jehovah's Witnesses, on the other hand, twist the Bible to fit their own personal biases.
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government."
- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 3:24:46 PM
At 2/14/2016 9:06:55 PM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 2/14/2016 1:55:01 PM, Harikrish wrote:

ME: Oh! you poor little snot nosed baby...Couldn't get you own way. Go play with the Komodos, you will fit in there really well.
You have been indecisive all your life. Now at 77 you can pass it off as senility.
nothead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 3:47:33 PM
At 2/15/2016 9:42:23 AM, graceofgod wrote:

another way is to invite them in and say before we start can I pray and pray for the Holy spirit to come upon the meeting, to lead and guide the discussion and bring healing where it is required,pray in tongues, they tend to get edgy to say the least...

Odd that you would say this and not realize how many people who call themselves Christian would regard this post as cultish...

I am pentecostal, but not traditionally so. And I realize what percentage of the total market segment we are. Not very much.
nothead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 3:50:28 PM
At 2/15/2016 2:02:04 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

Evangelicals aren't a cult. They actually preach what's written in the Bible. The Jehovah's Witnesses, on the other hand, twist the Bible to fit their own personal biases.

You could say that about most major denoms, sir. I would say, all.

OSAS.

Cheap Grace Advocates.

Pay money for your sins Catholics.

Em, Joel Osteen mega-church pretenders.

Cheap Grace mega-church OSAS pretenders.
NewLifeChristian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 5:10:35 PM
At 2/15/2016 3:50:28 PM, nothead wrote:
At 2/15/2016 2:02:04 PM, NewLifeChristian wrote:

You could say that about most major denoms, sir. I would say, all.

OSAS.

Cheap Grace Advocates.

Pay money for your sins Catholics.

Em, Joel Osteen mega-church pretenders.

Cheap Grace mega-church OSAS pretenders.
Yes, you could say that about any Christian denomination. In fact, you could say elephants are pink, but that simply would not be true.

Anyway, the Jehovah's Witness group, unlike many Christian denominations, clearly distorts Scripture in many ways. In fact, here's a whole list of ways J.W. distorts Scripture: [https://www.jashow.org...].

As you might realize, after reading that article, the Jehovah's Witness cult pretty much beats any other denomination in distorting Scripture (except, perhaps, the "Church" of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints).
Pro-Life Quotes:

- Ronald Reagan

- Thomas Jefferson

- Dr. Seuss
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 5:20:41 PM
At 2/15/2016 3:47:33 PM, nothead wrote:

Odd that you would say this and not realize how many people who call themselves Christian would regard this post as cultish...

I am pentecostal, but not traditionally so. And I realize what percentage of the total market segment we are. Not very much.

speaking in tongues is biblical... healing is biblical...
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 6:02:58 PM

I take it they didn't convert you then? Haha! I actually enjoy discussions with Jehovah's witnesses. There is no easier religion to disprove.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 6:18:16 PM
At 2/15/2016 6:02:58 PM, beng100 wrote:

I take it they didn't convert you then? Haha! I actually enjoy discussions with Jehovah's witnesses. There is no easier religion to disprove.

lol , I know what you mean once you get them off the flow chart they use to sound informed they soon fall to pieces..
nothead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 8:11:15 PM
At 2/15/2016 5:20:41 PM, graceofgod wrote:
At 2/15/2016 3:47:33 PM, nothead wrote:

speaking in tongues is biblical... healing is biblical...

Yayuh, if'n we could all STAY biblical then we wouldna have nothing to worry about, sister.

Problem is wellum...the Trinity and Divinity of Jesus isn't biblical. Mainstream Christianity has the WHO of God wrong. Big problemo in unifying us iddnit?