What kiund of God forces us to suffer?

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 2:02:26 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/15/2016 12:38:58 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:
This debate is based on the belief that God exists. Here's to a good discussion.

If we are going by the Bible, God disallowed any suffering, but humanity turned against His will, but without God we went our own way and the result was by our own choice through free will. God gave us what we thought we wanted. He allowed us to taste life without Him. Nevertheless He still allows us to turn to Him, never feel pain or suffering again, and live forever.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
LiberalProlifer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 2:07:31 AM
At 2/15/2016 2:02:26 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
This debate is based on the belief that God exists. Here's to a good discussion.

If we are going by the Bible, God disallowed any suffering, but humanity turned against His will, but without God we went our own way and the result was by our own choice through free will. God gave us what we thought we wanted. He allowed us to taste life without Him. Nevertheless He still allows us to turn to Him, never feel pain or suffering again, and live forever.
We don't want to suffer, we suffere anyway, therefore, God forces us to suffer. It is wrong for Him to force suffering on us. Suffering is slavery.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 2:41:27 AM
At 2/15/2016 2:07:31 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:

We don't want to suffer, we suffere anyway, therefore, God forces us to suffer. It is wrong for Him to force suffering on us. Suffering is slavery.

I told my young son once not to play with some speaker wires. When he continued to do so the speaker fell off the shelve and hit him in the head.

Did I force him to suffer?
LiberalProlifer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 2:57:52 AM
At 2/15/2016 2:41:27 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

I told my young son once not to play with some speaker wires. When he continued to do so the speaker fell off the shelve and hit him in the head.

You are off topic. What does that have to do with the subject at hand?
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 3:02:16 AM
At 2/15/2016 2:57:52 AM, LiberalProlifer wrote:

It's an analogy (a bullsh*t one at that) to imply that humans have bought the suffering upon themselves and thus God is blameless and without fault, error or any flaw in such matters.

Now consider such an analogy in light of small pox........

https://en.wikipedia.org...
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 3:05:34 AM
At 2/15/2016 3:02:16 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

It's an analogy (a bullsh*t one at that) to imply that humans have bought the suffering upon themselves and thus God is blameless and without fault, error or any flaw in such matters.

Do you know what a Fallen World means?
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 3:07:21 AM

So you accept God.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 3:07:54 AM
At 2/15/2016 3:05:34 AM, Mhykiel wrote:

Do you realize that even if we live in a "fallen world" this is no ways makes an all powerful God less powerful or an all knowing God less knowing.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 3:09:11 AM
At 2/15/2016 3:07:54 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Do you realize that even if we live in a "fallen world" this is no ways makes an all powerful God less powerful or an all knowing God less knowing.

What do you think a Fallen World means?
LiberalProlifer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 3:10:07 AM

Agreed, it is a bull schit analagy.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 3:10:27 AM

Any man/woman who has learned love for others, empathy, or sympathy has done so through having suffered.

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 3:17:18 AM
At 2/15/2016 3:09:11 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 2/15/2016 3:07:54 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

What do you think a Fallen World means?

Not so much what I think, but rather what religious believers have in mind when they advocate the fallen world which as generalization amounts to something along the lines of............

A long time ago (except if your a young earther) God created a world that was alot better in regards to human well being, no death, starvation, earthquakes, disease, animals eating other animals etc etc

Then God said not to do something to a man, he did it anyway, and then it all went to sh*t, and all those bad things and alot more came into existence as a result.

The "fallen" world is said to be the world we now live in with all that bad stuff, as opposed to an idealized non fallen world that existed in the past without such things.

Also there is a talking snake...............
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 3:18:29 AM
At 2/15/2016 3:10:27 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

Any man/woman who has learned love for others, empathy, or sympathy has done so through having suffered.
Yeah just ask a 6mth old baby. OYG.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 3:23:41 AM
At 2/15/2016 3:18:29 AM, bulproof wrote:

They will be with God in eternal bliss. Not much to tell them.

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 3:24:52 AM

Do you choose Atheism neutrally or are you simply mad at God

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 3:27:33 AM
At 2/15/2016 3:24:52 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

How many times will it take for the information to enter your obscure reality.
Why are you mad at Mother Goose?
skipsaweirdo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 3:35:28 AM

With all do respect the analogy by Myk was completely valid and on topic. Not sure what you read. It's actually quite comcial yet profound to associate what a parent told the child, a falling speaker, the suffering it caused the child, and a fallen world. Quite imaginative in my opinion.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 3:37:05 AM
At 2/15/2016 3:27:33 AM, bulproof wrote:

You can dodge the question all you want. The truth remains, it is obvious you have anger towards the mention of God. One cannot hate what they believe is a fairytale. Of course I'm not mad at mother goose because it's a fairytale. But you ARE mad. I don't think you're an Atheist. I think your an anti Christian. I think you were raised Catholic. And I think religion, particulary Christianity, was used to control you or hurt you, and now, you have turned your back on God rather than facing whoever hurt you.

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 3:41:21 AM
At 2/15/2016 3:37:05 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

You can dodge the question all you want. The truth remains, it is obvious you have anger towards the mention of God. One cannot hate what they believe is a fairytale. Of course I'm not mad at mother goose because it's a fairytale. But you ARE mad. I don't think you're an Atheist. I think your an anti Christian. I think you were raised Catholic. And I think religion, particulary Christianity, was used to control you or hurt you, and now, you have turned your back on God rather than facing whoever hurt you.

Well done, you must really be psycho the rapist. You got everything wrong including your claim not to hate Mother Goose.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 3:42:45 AM
At 2/15/2016 3:41:21 AM, bulproof wrote:

Well done, you must really be psycho the rapist. You got everything wrong including your claim not to hate Mother Goose.

So your parents were not Christians?

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 3:45:20 AM
"The Fall of Respectable Britain"

http://www.pravmir.com...

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 3:46:19 AM

Some questioning people do indeed get angry, but its not at God, it's basically what they perceived as the bullsh*t that is used to maintain and defend this God belief.

This anger then gets misapplied as being angry at God, if anything it's anger at your fellow human beings and all the dishonest, special pleading, double standards, manipulative bullsh*t that is used to defend and support God belief and other beliefs associated with it.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 3:49:57 AM
At 2/15/2016 3:46:19 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Some questioning people do indeed get angry, but its not at God, it's basically what they perceived as the bullsh*t that is used to maintain and defend this God belief.

This anger then gets misapplied as being angry at God, if anything it's anger at your fellow human beings and all the dishonest, special pleading, double standards, manipulative bullsh*t that is used to defend and support God belief and other beliefs associated with it.

Are you indicating that no "b.s." is ever used to defend Atheism?

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 3:50:19 AM
At 2/15/2016 3:42:45 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

You keep avoiding my question.
Why do you hate Mother Goose?
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 3:58:13 AM

For many reasons YES!

e.g. -

YOU failed to provide a safe environment for your child. (Leaving wires about he could gain access to)

Having observed your child in a potentially dangerous position you failed to remove the danger (the wires) and went away knowingly you had been an incompetent Father!
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 3:58:43 AM
At 2/15/2016 3:49:57 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

No group has a monopoly on bs, BUT some groups do seem to have more bs than others.

https://www.youtube.com...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 4:00:46 AM
At 2/15/2016 3:50:19 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/15/2016 3:42:45 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

You keep avoiding my question.
Why do you hate Mother Goose?

Why do you hate Christ?

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 4:04:26 AM
At 2/15/2016 3:58:43 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 2/15/2016 3:49:57 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

No group has a monopoly on bs, BUT some groups do seem to have more bs than others.

https://www.youtube.com...

Like this kind of monoply on b.s.?

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 4:05:01 AM
Monopoly on b.s.