Jump to topic:

Democracy allows religious discussion.

Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 6:45:06 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
No matter how much another person's opinion annoys you, they still have a right to that opinion and to express that opinion.

There is one childish mind on these forums that wants to play ball its way only, and wants to dictate who can write herein.

Any post here seems to draw flack, and the diatribe of the likes of Trishtrash for one, shows an infantile mind trying to cope with life in the big world. Its opinions are on the dark side of human experience and have very little relevance to the subject that it poses its stupid remarks. It showis an exaggerated ego and a small grasp of reality.

If democracy is to be ruled out, then whishwash should be the first to go, and soon.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 7:11:05 AM
At 2/15/2016 6:45:06 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
No matter how much another person's opinion annoys you, they still have a right to that opinion and to express that opinion.

Peter, there's annoyance because one is intolerant of an opinion, and then there's irritation because on a site dedicated to reasoned argument, a member disregards principles of evidence, reason and accountability, and thus disrespects the site and its members to further the lazy promotion of conceited dogma.

Here are two questions to ponder:
1) How can you tell which is which?
2) Does the difference matter to you?
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 11:27:57 PM
At 2/15/2016 7:11:05 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 2/15/2016 6:45:06 AM, Peternosaint wrote:

Peter, there's annoyance because one is intolerant of an opinion, and then there's irritation because on a site dedicated to reasoned argument, a member disregards principles of evidence, reason and accountability, and thus disrespects the site and its members to further the lazy promotion of conceited dogma.

Here are two questions to ponder:
1) How can you tell which is which?
2) Does the difference matter to you?

ME: Before I answer you questions, let me ask one. why are people so afraid of the JW's message. I know I do not speak for the JW's as I am not a practicing Christian; however all on has to do to ' annoy' people is to mention them in a favourable manner.
As far as conceited dogma, I for one know that there is no conceit in God's word, but there is definitely conceit in the way that others oppose his word.

Your comment about an annoyance because of intolerance of an opinion, I agree whole heartedly, and I know that any of the JW favourable posts will be totally intolerable by those that wish to destroy the democratic right of free speech.

Now, your questions. The two posters in favour of JWs have been attacked fight from the start, so I think this question is aimed at everyone that has replied to a "In favour of JW Post".

DO I know the difference in the types of debate: Yes I do, but it is not allowed on this one subject, as it is attacked or hijacked the moment the subject appears.

Where is sensible debate when one member dedicates itself to trying to have any of the JW thoughts published. What is this one afraid of, as it seems to be an unreasonable fear pushing this mentality.

This forum promotes reasonable debate, how about we have some, and not a continual barrage of abuse of a mild mannered organisation that follows God's word as much as is capable from sinners trying to be a clean organisation.

Now, ask the two questions of other members: I would suggest that they will either go off topic, or refuse to answer.

Your reply, if any, will determine what mob you belong to, I guess.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 8:08:56 AM
At 2/15/2016 11:27:57 PM, Peternosaint wrote:

This forum promotes reasonable debate, how about we have some, and not a continual barrage of abuse of a mild mannered organisation that follows God's word as much as is capable from sinners trying to be a clean organisation.

Is this true?

What do you think causes this barrage of abuse?

If you think JWs are correct about God, why aren't you one?
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 9:07:38 AM
At 2/16/2016 8:08:56 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 2/15/2016 11:27:57 PM, Peternosaint wrote:

Is this true?

ME: I can't speak for the JW's organisation, but I say yes, for myself.

ME: I have many ideas as to why, but one main thing is I feel that others abuse something they do not understand out of fear.

ME: That is a personal choice, and everyone has the right of choice even if others do not agree.

When you look at the ones that viciously slander the JW's and then the membership numbers of this forum, it is only a small minded minority that abuse. But, they sure abuse.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 9:53:31 PM
At 2/16/2016 9:07:38 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 2/16/2016 8:08:56 AM, ethang5 wrote:

Is this true?

ME: I can't speak for the JW's organisation, but I say yes, for myself.

But you were talking about the JW organization. Are they really a mild mannered organisation that follows God's word as much as is capable from sinners trying to be a clean organisation?

ME: I have many ideas as to why, but one main thing is I feel that others abuse something they do not understand out of fear.

So the posters here fear and do not understand JW's? Do you think the JW's do anything, or have done anything to merit this disdain?

ME: That is a personal choice, and everyone has the right of choice even if others do not agree.

That is true, but it seems strange that someone would claim to know a doctrine is true and moral, and yet not personally follow it.

When you look at the ones that viciously slander the JW's and then the membership numbers of this forum, it is only a small minded minority that abuse. But, they sure abuse.

If you aren't a JW, what are you? A former JW? Studying to become one? Atheist? Agnostic?