Total Posts:40|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Christianity a bulwark to something worse

brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 6:43:48 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
In a text that is coursing about on social media, professional God-slayer Richard Dawkins begrudgingly admitted that Christianity may actually be our best defense against aberrant forms of religion that threaten the world.

"There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings," Dawkins said. "I am not aware of any Christian suicide bombers. I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death."

In a rare moment of candor, Dawkins reluctantly accepted that the teachings of Jesus Christ do not lead to a world of terror, whereas followers of radical Islam perpetrate the very atrocities that he laments.

Because of this realization, Dawkins wondered aloud whether Christianity might indeed offer an antidote to protect western civilization against jihad.

"I have mixed feelings about the decline of Christianity, in so far as Christianity might be a bulwark against something worse," he said.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 6:46:32 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/15/2016 6:43:48 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
In a text that is coursing about on social media, professional God-slayer Richard Dawkins begrudgingly admitted that Christianity may actually be our best defense against aberrant forms of religion that threaten the world.

"There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings," Dawkins said. "I am not aware of any Christian suicide bombers. I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death."

In a rare moment of candor, Dawkins reluctantly accepted that the teachings of Jesus Christ do not lead to a world of terror, whereas followers of radical Islam perpetrate the very atrocities that he laments.

Because of this realization, Dawkins wondered aloud whether Christianity might indeed offer an antidote to protect western civilization against jihad.

"I have mixed feelings about the decline of Christianity, in so far as Christianity might be a bulwark against something worse," he said.

Source, please? I'm skeptical of anything on social media unless I can verify it independently.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 6:55:29 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/15/2016 6:43:48 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
In a text that is coursing about on social media, professional God-slayer Richard Dawkins begrudgingly admitted that Christianity may actually be our best defense against aberrant forms of religion that threaten the world.

"There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings," Dawkins said. "I am not aware of any Christian suicide bombers. I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death."

In a rare moment of candor, Dawkins reluctantly accepted that the teachings of Jesus Christ do not lead to a world of terror, whereas followers of radical Islam perpetrate the very atrocities that he laments.

Because of this realization, Dawkins wondered aloud whether Christianity might indeed offer an antidote to protect western civilization against jihad.

"I have mixed feelings about the decline of Christianity, in so far as Christianity might be a bulwark against something worse," he said.

Interesting, you plagiarize a website, copy/paste it into a post and then create a thread out of it. Not too clear on the concept of a public discussion forum, are you.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 7:05:06 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
This thread lacks:

1) Independent evidence beyond casual opinion;
2) A citation for its motivating quote;
3) Specifics of what 'something worse' is supposed to be, when it's supposed to arrive and how, how Christianity is supposed to prevent it, and how well it's doing so far;
4) Respect for reason, evidence and alternative views;
5) Respect for the value of a debating site;
6) An original thought; and
7) A point.

Aside from that, great thread. Bronto. You should certainly keep spamming all your brain-farts until you displace every interesting, constructive, reasoned discussion from the front page.
Sophisto
Posts: 121
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2016 7:41:56 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
To brontoraptor's defense, you seem unwilling and unable to counter his implication. Especially if he cited his source.

Quit whining and humor him long enough to prove him wrong, no matter what gimmicks he employs.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 7:42:45 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 2/15/2016 7:05:06 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
This thread lacks:

1) Independent evidence beyond casual opinion;
2) A citation for its motivating quote;
3) Specifics of what 'something worse' is supposed to be, when it's supposed to arrive and how, how Christianity is supposed to prevent it, and how well it's doing so far;
4) Respect for reason, evidence and alternative views;
5) Respect for the value of a debating site;
6) An original thought; and
7) A point.

Aside from that, great thread. Bronto. You should certainly keep spamming all your brain-farts until you displace every interesting, constructive, reasoned discussion from the front page.

It's obviously about Christianity being the only real thing blocking Islam from becoming dominant and all powerful.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 8:03:23 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 7:42:45 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 2/15/2016 7:05:06 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
This thread lacks:

1) Independent evidence beyond casual opinion;
2) A citation for its motivating quote;
3) Specifics of what 'something worse' is supposed to be, when it's supposed to arrive and how, how Christianity is supposed to prevent it, and how well it's doing so far;
4) Respect for reason, evidence and alternative views;
5) Respect for the value of a debating site;
6) An original thought; and
7) A point.

Aside from that, great thread. Bronto. You should certainly keep spamming all your brain-farts until you displace every interesting, constructive, reasoned discussion from the front page.

It's obviously about Christianity being the only real thing blocking Islam from becoming dominant and all powerful.

I would say that the first bulwark against Muslim religious excesses are Muslims who uphold kindness, respect and good will toward their fellow man as non-negotiable articles of faith.

They're the people suffering most from it right now, after all.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 8:05:30 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 8:03:23 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 4/19/2016 7:42:45 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 2/15/2016 7:05:06 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
This thread lacks:

1) Independent evidence beyond casual opinion;
2) A citation for its motivating quote;
3) Specifics of what 'something worse' is supposed to be, when it's supposed to arrive and how, how Christianity is supposed to prevent it, and how well it's doing so far;
4) Respect for reason, evidence and alternative views;
5) Respect for the value of a debating site;
6) An original thought; and
7) A point.

Aside from that, great thread. Bronto. You should certainly keep spamming all your brain-farts until you displace every interesting, constructive, reasoned discussion from the front page.

It's obviously about Christianity being the only real thing blocking Islam from becoming dominant and all powerful.

I would say that the first bulwark against Muslim religious excesses are Muslims who uphold kindness, respect and good will toward their fellow man as non-negotiable articles of faith.

They're the people suffering most from it right now, after all.

Them bulwarking themselves is a Liberal pipedream. Any so called "modeartes" are overshadowed by the power of jihadist thinkers who are willing to muzzle any opposition with death.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 8:07:16 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 8:05:30 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:03:23 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 4/19/2016 7:42:45 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 2/15/2016 7:05:06 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
This thread lacks:

1) Independent evidence beyond casual opinion;
2) A citation for its motivating quote;
3) Specifics of what 'something worse' is supposed to be, when it's supposed to arrive and how, how Christianity is supposed to prevent it, and how well it's doing so far;
4) Respect for reason, evidence and alternative views;
5) Respect for the value of a debating site;
6) An original thought; and
7) A point.

Aside from that, great thread. Bronto. You should certainly keep spamming all your brain-farts until you displace every interesting, constructive, reasoned discussion from the front page.

It's obviously about Christianity being the only real thing blocking Islam from becoming dominant and all powerful.

I would say that the first bulwark against Muslim religious excesses are Muslims who uphold kindness, respect and good will toward their fellow man as non-negotiable articles of faith.

They're the people suffering most from it right now, after all.

Them bulwarking themselves is a Liberal pipedream. Any so called "modeartes" are overshadowed by the power of jihadist thinkers who are willing to muzzle any opposition with death.

Feel free to keep those unresearched, paranoid assertions coming, B-man.

We'd hate for you to raise the evidentiary tone of this thread by accident. :)
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 8:08:44 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 8:07:16 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:05:30 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:03:23 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 4/19/2016 7:42:45 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 2/15/2016 7:05:06 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
This thread lacks:

1) Independent evidence beyond casual opinion;
2) A citation for its motivating quote;
3) Specifics of what 'something worse' is supposed to be, when it's supposed to arrive and how, how Christianity is supposed to prevent it, and how well it's doing so far;
4) Respect for reason, evidence and alternative views;
5) Respect for the value of a debating site;
6) An original thought; and
7) A point.

Aside from that, great thread. Bronto. You should certainly keep spamming all your brain-farts until you displace every interesting, constructive, reasoned discussion from the front page.

It's obviously about Christianity being the only real thing blocking Islam from becoming dominant and all powerful.

I would say that the first bulwark against Muslim religious excesses are Muslims who uphold kindness, respect and good will toward their fellow man as non-negotiable articles of faith.

They're the people suffering most from it right now, after all.

Them bulwarking themselves is a Liberal pipedream. Any so called "modeartes" are overshadowed by the power of jihadist thinkers who are willing to muzzle any opposition with death.

Feel free to keep those unresearched, paranoid assertions coming, B-man.

We'd hate for you to raise the evidentiary tone of this thread by accident. :)

Politics. You didn't answer the question.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 8:13:02 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 8:08:44 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:07:16 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:05:30 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:03:23 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 4/19/2016 7:42:45 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 2/15/2016 7:05:06 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
This thread lacks:

1) Independent evidence beyond casual opinion;
2) A citation for its motivating quote;
3) Specifics of what 'something worse' is supposed to be, when it's supposed to arrive and how, how Christianity is supposed to prevent it, and how well it's doing so far;
4) Respect for reason, evidence and alternative views;
5) Respect for the value of a debating site;
6) An original thought; and
7) A point.

Aside from that, great thread. Bronto. You should certainly keep spamming all your brain-farts until you displace every interesting, constructive, reasoned discussion from the front page.

It's obviously about Christianity being the only real thing blocking Islam from becoming dominant and all powerful.

I would say that the first bulwark against Muslim religious excesses are Muslims who uphold kindness, respect and good will toward their fellow man as non-negotiable articles of faith.

They're the people suffering most from it right now, after all.

Them bulwarking themselves is a Liberal pipedream. Any so called "modeartes" are overshadowed by the power of jihadist thinkers who are willing to muzzle any opposition with death.

Feel free to keep those unresearched, paranoid assertions coming, B-man.

We'd hate for you to raise the evidentiary tone of this thread by accident. :)

Politics. You didn't answer the question.

This is not the thread with the question in it. I think you meant the other thread you're presently spamming. :p
Chaosism
Posts: 2,649
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 8:20:55 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 7:42:45 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 2/15/2016 7:05:06 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
This thread lacks:

1) Independent evidence beyond casual opinion;
2) A citation for its motivating quote;
3) Specifics of what 'something worse' is supposed to be, when it's supposed to arrive and how, how Christianity is supposed to prevent it, and how well it's doing so far;
4) Respect for reason, evidence and alternative views;
5) Respect for the value of a debating site;
6) An original thought; and
7) A point.

Aside from that, great thread. Bronto. You should certainly keep spamming all your brain-farts until you displace every interesting, constructive, reasoned discussion from the front page.

It's obviously about Christianity being the only real thing blocking Islam from becoming dominant and all powerful.

Two questions, if you don't mind:

1) If those people who are currently Christian were not Christian, would they cease to exist?

2) If not, then why would those people not still oppose Islamic extremism, since being Christian is obviously not a prerequisite for that?
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 8:21:55 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 8:13:02 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:08:44 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:07:16 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:05:30 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:03:23 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 4/19/2016 7:42:45 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 2/15/2016 7:05:06 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
This thread lacks:

1) Independent evidence beyond casual opinion;
2) A citation for its motivating quote;
3) Specifics of what 'something worse' is supposed to be, when it's supposed to arrive and how, how Christianity is supposed to prevent it, and how well it's doing so far;
4) Respect for reason, evidence and alternative views;
5) Respect for the value of a debating site;
6) An original thought; and
7) A point.

Aside from that, great thread. Bronto. You should certainly keep spamming all your brain-farts until you displace every interesting, constructive, reasoned discussion from the front page.

It's obviously about Christianity being the only real thing blocking Islam from becoming dominant and all powerful.

I would say that the first bulwark against Muslim religious excesses are Muslims who uphold kindness, respect and good will toward their fellow man as non-negotiable articles of faith.

They're the people suffering most from it right now, after all.

Them bulwarking themselves is a Liberal pipedream. Any so called "modeartes" are overshadowed by the power of jihadist thinkers who are willing to muzzle any opposition with death.

Feel free to keep those unresearched, paranoid assertions coming, B-man.

We'd hate for you to raise the evidentiary tone of this thread by accident. :)

Politics. You didn't answer the question.

This is not the thread with the question in it. I think you meant the other thread you're presently spamming. :p

Would you be interested in assimilating with 30,000 Islamic jihadists?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 8:25:26 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 8:20:55 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 4/19/2016 7:42:45 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 2/15/2016 7:05:06 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
This thread lacks:

1) Independent evidence beyond casual opinion;
2) A citation for its motivating quote;
3) Specifics of what 'something worse' is supposed to be, when it's supposed to arrive and how, how Christianity is supposed to prevent it, and how well it's doing so far;
4) Respect for reason, evidence and alternative views;
5) Respect for the value of a debating site;
6) An original thought; and
7) A point.

Aside from that, great thread. Bronto. You should certainly keep spamming all your brain-farts until you displace every interesting, constructive, reasoned discussion from the front page.

It's obviously about Christianity being the only real thing blocking Islam from becoming dominant and all powerful.

Two questions, if you don't mind:

1) If those people who are currently Christian were not Christian, would they cease to exist?

2) If not, then why would those people not still oppose Islamic extremism, since being Christian is obviously not a prerequisite for that?

We were Christ's before the foundation of the world. We are what we are eternally, God's children. The Bible made the promise to the children of Isaac. 2/3 of the world are the children of Satan. We give witness to the light. The children of Satan did not comprehend that light.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
frootloopcoup
Posts: 7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 8:31:25 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
While I could just refuse to answer on the grounds you have made no real point, I'm going to indulge you for a bit. I'll admit that Christianity DID have a major role in blocking the spread of Islam via countless crusades. That said, it is a bulwark that has long since been run down. Your point here seems to assert that were Christiandom to vanish, it would be replaced with Islam. However, if Christian beliefs were to simply vanish, it would be fair to assume that they were somehow definitively disproven. Ergo, people would largely assume all religions are false, and Christianity would be replaced with whatever proved it wrong. If it was scientifically proven false, than people would become Atheist and base their beliefs scientifically. If it was because Ganesha descended from the heavens, Hinduism would rise.

Christianity once held an important place in battling the perceived Muslim threat, but that place has been gone since the last Crusade. This kind of thinking, about using Western religion to battle the Eastern, is one of the many reasons such a large rift has grown in the world between us.
Chaosism
Posts: 2,649
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 8:32:06 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 8:25:26 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:20:55 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 4/19/2016 7:42:45 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's obviously about Christianity being the only real thing blocking Islam from becoming dominant and all powerful.

Two questions, if you don't mind:

1) If those people who are currently Christian were not Christian, would they cease to exist?

2) If not, then why would those people not still oppose Islamic extremism, since being Christian is obviously not a prerequisite for that?

We were Christ's before the foundation of the world. We are what we are eternally, God's children. The Bible made the promise to the children of Isaac. 2/3 of the world are the children of Satan. We give witness to the light. The children of Satan did not comprehend that light.

This appears to be quite a non-answer to my questions. :/
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 8:46:35 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 8:32:06 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:25:26 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:20:55 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 4/19/2016 7:42:45 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's obviously about Christianity being the only real thing blocking Islam from becoming dominant and all powerful.

Two questions, if you don't mind:

1) If those people who are currently Christian were not Christian, would they cease to exist?

2) If not, then why would those people not still oppose Islamic extremism, since being Christian is obviously not a prerequisite for that?

We were Christ's before the foundation of the world. We are what we are eternally, God's children. The Bible made the promise to the children of Isaac. 2/3 of the world are the children of Satan. We give witness to the light. The children of Satan did not comprehend that light.

This appears to be quite a non-answer to my questions. :/

I'm not sure what you mean in the question exactly. That I wouldn't be a Christian if I were not a Christian? Maybe ask it another way.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Chaosism
Posts: 2,649
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 8:51:53 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 8:46:35 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:32:06 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:25:26 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:20:55 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 4/19/2016 7:42:45 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's obviously about Christianity being the only real thing blocking Islam from becoming dominant and all powerful.

Two questions, if you don't mind:

1) If those people who are currently Christian were not Christian, would they cease to exist?

2) If not, then why would those people not still oppose Islamic extremism, since being Christian is obviously not a prerequisite for that?

We were Christ's before the foundation of the world. We are what we are eternally, God's children. The Bible made the promise to the children of Isaac. 2/3 of the world are the children of Satan. We give witness to the light. The children of Satan did not comprehend that light.

This appears to be quite a non-answer to my questions. :/

I'm not sure what you mean in the question exactly. That I wouldn't be a Christian if I were not a Christian? Maybe ask it another way.

Certainly.

1) If all of the Christians in the world were suddenly no longer Christian (for example, became agnostic), would those individuals cease to exist?

2) If those people would continue to exist, what makes you certain that they would not still oppose Islamic extremism, seeing that being Christian is not a requirement to be opposed to it?
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 9:03:50 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 8:51:53 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:46:35 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:32:06 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:25:26 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:20:55 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 4/19/2016 7:42:45 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's obviously about Christianity being the only real thing blocking Islam from becoming dominant and all powerful.

Two questions, if you don't mind:

1) If those people who are currently Christian were not Christian, would they cease to exist?

2) If not, then why would those people not still oppose Islamic extremism, since being Christian is obviously not a prerequisite for that?

We were Christ's before the foundation of the world. We are what we are eternally, God's children. The Bible made the promise to the children of Isaac. 2/3 of the world are the children of Satan. We give witness to the light. The children of Satan did not comprehend that light.

This appears to be quite a non-answer to my questions. :/

I'm not sure what you mean in the question exactly. That I wouldn't be a Christian if I were not a Christian? Maybe ask it another way.

Certainly.

1) If all of the Christians in the world were suddenly no longer Christian (for example, became agnostic), would those individuals cease to exist?

2) If those people would continue to exist, what makes you certain that they would not still oppose Islamic extremism, seeing that being Christian is not a requirement to be opposed to it?

If we weren't founded in Christianity we wouldn't recognise Islamofascism and oppose it so directly. Notice that most Atheists are Liberals. Also notice that most Christians are conservatives. Third, notice that it was Liberalism the held open arms to Muslims naively, as Islam became a nightmare in Europe. They were caught unaware and theologically had no discernment towards the problems with Islam. They thought "all religions are the same". The conservative Christians suddenly started backing Trump and the Muslim ban. Why? Christians are supposed to love and be of charity. It's all theological.

We recognise first off, the theological differences, who Ishmael's seed really are, and are more knowledgable on Islamic teachings because they contrast ours and are a part of our doctrine, and not in a good way. Thus, we were the bulwark to Islam. Why? Because we know the enemy.

In Islam there are acts of espionage and conquest. Lying to nonMuslims is promoted. Europe has become less Christianised. It didn't have enough knowledge on the isdue and just let them in by the millions. Heavily Christianised America screamed "Oh no you don't!" Why? We recognise Islam as the greatest theological evil on planet Earth. It is mentioned in a sinister way in our doctrine, and their own doctrine is dark. This is the only ideology I know of that lies on purpose and doctrinally is commanded to slay every nonMuslim, take over the world, and use deception and force to destroy others.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 9:09:49 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 8:51:53 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:46:35 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:32:06 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:25:26 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:20:55 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 4/19/2016 7:42:45 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's obviously about Christianity being the only real thing blocking Islam from becoming dominant and all powerful.

Two questions, if you don't mind:

1) If those people who are currently Christian were not Christian, would they cease to exist?

2) If not, then why would those people not still oppose Islamic extremism, since being Christian is obviously not a prerequisite for that?

We were Christ's before the foundation of the world. We are what we are eternally, God's children. The Bible made the promise to the children of Isaac. 2/3 of the world are the children of Satan. We give witness to the light. The children of Satan did not comprehend that light.

This appears to be quite a non-answer to my questions. :/

I'm not sure what you mean in the question exactly. That I wouldn't be a Christian if I were not a Christian? Maybe ask it another way.

Certainly.

1) If all of the Christians in the world were suddenly no longer Christian (for example, became agnostic), would those individuals cease to exist?

2) If those people would continue to exist, what makes you certain that they would not still oppose Islamic extremism, seeing that being Christian is not a requirement to be opposed to it?

So we are kind of like the FBI of theology. If Christians just disappeared here is what would happen. Muslims would wink and nod at Atheists, nodding Nd grinning, interbreeding with Atheists, slowly moving in, outbreeding purposefully in stealth jihad. And Atheists would know no difference as they were being eradicated silently. Once the Muslims had the stronger hand they would finish it off by force with methodology similar to ISIS. It would be unstoppable. Point of fact? Atheists should be very cautious about trying to destroy Christianity. It only gives more power to Islam and the movement of Sharia Law for the West.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 9:18:31 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 8:51:53 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:46:35 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:32:06 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:25:26 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 8:20:55 PM, Chaosism wrote:
At 4/19/2016 7:42:45 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
It's obviously about Christianity being the only real thing blocking Islam from becoming dominant and all powerful.

Two questions, if you don't mind:

1) If those people who are currently Christian were not Christian, would they cease to exist?

2) If not, then why would those people not still oppose Islamic extremism, since being Christian is obviously not a prerequisite for that?

We were Christ's before the foundation of the world. We are what we are eternally, God's children. The Bible made the promise to the children of Isaac. 2/3 of the world are the children of Satan. We give witness to the light. The children of Satan did not comprehend that light.

This appears to be quite a non-answer to my questions. :/

I'm not sure what you mean in the question exactly. That I wouldn't be a Christian if I were not a Christian? Maybe ask it another way.

Certainly.

1) If all of the Christians in the world were suddenly no longer Christian (for example, became agnostic), would those individuals cease to exist?

2) If those people would continue to exist, what makes you certain that they would not still oppose Islamic extremism, seeing that being Christian is not a requirement to be opposed to it?

This is reality 101. Western Atheists and Christians are all in the same culture living in an imperfect but generally reasonable and civilised world. Islam is anti-democracy. Liberal atheists keep screaming for multiculturism even if to their own danger and own demise. We may not agree theologicalky, but we are trying to warn you guys of something. But typically atheists just see religions as all the same when they couldn't be more different. It's an error. Muslims cannot be our allies or friends per the Quran. It's all a face, prepping for the right time to strike. They plan on destroying the west. The Islam is peace movement is based on ignorance on one side and deception on the other. Islam has been planning on leading Atheists like lambs to the slaughter through deception. If you read the Quran it outlines just how they are commanded to destroy us. And they are acting it out while Christians push back. Atheists are trying to open the door for the very entity hellbent on their destruction.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/19/2016 9:34:13 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 2/15/2016 6:43:48 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
In a text that is coursing about on social media, professional God-slayer Richard Dawkins begrudgingly admitted that Christianity may actually be our best defense against aberrant forms of religion that threaten the world.

"There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings," Dawkins said. "I am not aware of any Christian suicide bombers. I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death."

In a rare moment of candor, Dawkins reluctantly accepted that the teachings of Jesus Christ do not lead to a world of terror, whereas followers of radical Islam perpetrate the very atrocities that he laments.

Because of this realization, Dawkins wondered aloud whether Christianity might indeed offer an antidote to protect western civilization against jihad.

"I have mixed feelings about the decline of Christianity, in so far as Christianity might be a bulwark against something worse," he said.

All Dawkins as an atheist has been saying is he hates Christianity as an organized religious institution and now he hates Islam more. He called Christians delusional, he had to make Muslims more terrifying to sell another book on religion.

But he has no problems saying he agrees with Darwin that monkey believers (atheists) can trace their common ancestry to monkeys.

But to get these monkeys (atheists) to buy his books he has to write about religion. But he has put Christians on defence on this one issue. Are primates capable of sinning, if not then atheists don't need salvation?
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/28/2016 9:36:47 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/19/2016 9:34:13 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/15/2016 6:43:48 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
In a text that is coursing about on social media, professional God-slayer Richard Dawkins begrudgingly admitted that Christianity may actually be our best defense against aberrant forms of religion that threaten the world.

"There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings," Dawkins said. "I am not aware of any Christian suicide bombers. I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death."

In a rare moment of candor, Dawkins reluctantly accepted that the teachings of Jesus Christ do not lead to a world of terror, whereas followers of radical Islam perpetrate the very atrocities that he laments.

Because of this realization, Dawkins wondered aloud whether Christianity might indeed offer an antidote to protect western civilization against jihad.

"I have mixed feelings about the decline of Christianity, in so far as Christianity might be a bulwark against something worse," he said.

All Dawkins as an atheist has been saying is he hates Christianity as an organized religious institution and now he hates Islam more. He called Christians delusional, he had to make Muslims more terrifying to sell another book on religion.

But he has no problems saying he agrees with Darwin that monkey believers (atheists) can trace their common ancestry to monkeys.

But to get these monkeys (atheists) to buy his books he has to write about religion. But he has put Christians on defence on this one issue. Are primates capable of sinning, if not then atheists don't need salvation?

Which religion today hari? Wanna debate about Kaali ma?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 1:06:47 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/28/2016 9:36:47 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 9:34:13 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/15/2016 6:43:48 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
In a text that is coursing about on social media, professional God-slayer Richard Dawkins begrudgingly admitted that Christianity may actually be our best defense against aberrant forms of religion that threaten the world.

"There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings," Dawkins said. "I am not aware of any Christian suicide bombers. I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death."

In a rare moment of candor, Dawkins reluctantly accepted that the teachings of Jesus Christ do not lead to a world of terror, whereas followers of radical Islam perpetrate the very atrocities that he laments.

Because of this realization, Dawkins wondered aloud whether Christianity might indeed offer an antidote to protect western civilization against jihad.

"I have mixed feelings about the decline of Christianity, in so far as Christianity might be a bulwark against something worse," he said.

All Dawkins as an atheist has been saying is he hates Christianity as an organized religious institution and now he hates Islam more. He called Christians delusional, he had to make Muslims more terrifying to sell another book on religion.

But he has no problems saying he agrees with Darwin that monkey believers (atheists) can trace their common ancestry to monkeys.

But to get these monkeys (atheists) to buy his books he has to write about religion. But he has put Christians on defence on this one issue. Are primates capable of sinning, if not then atheists don't need salvation?

Which religion today hari? Wanna debate about Kaali ma?
Are primates capable of sinning, if not then atheists don't need salvation?

You Islamophobia isn't working.

U.S. Muslims 'happiest and most optimistic major faith group after rapid rise in positivity on 2008'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 1:15:09 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/29/2016 1:06:47 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 4/28/2016 9:36:47 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/19/2016 9:34:13 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/15/2016 6:43:48 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
In a text that is coursing about on social media, professional God-slayer Richard Dawkins begrudgingly admitted that Christianity may actually be our best defense against aberrant forms of religion that threaten the world.

"There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings," Dawkins said. "I am not aware of any Christian suicide bombers. I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death."

In a rare moment of candor, Dawkins reluctantly accepted that the teachings of Jesus Christ do not lead to a world of terror, whereas followers of radical Islam perpetrate the very atrocities that he laments.

Because of this realization, Dawkins wondered aloud whether Christianity might indeed offer an antidote to protect western civilization against jihad.

"I have mixed feelings about the decline of Christianity, in so far as Christianity might be a bulwark against something worse," he said.

All Dawkins as an atheist has been saying is he hates Christianity as an organized religious institution and now he hates Islam more. He called Christians delusional, he had to make Muslims more terrifying to sell another book on religion.

But he has no problems saying he agrees with Darwin that monkey believers (atheists) can trace their common ancestry to monkeys.

But to get these monkeys (atheists) to buy his books he has to write about religion. But he has put Christians on defence on this one issue. Are primates capable of sinning, if not then atheists don't need salvation?

Which religion today hari? Wanna debate about Kaali ma?
Are primates capable of sinning, if not then atheists don't need salvation?

You Islamophobia isn't working.

U.S. Muslims 'happiest and most optimistic major faith group after rapid rise in positivity on 2008'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk...

Islam is Christian and Jewaphobic.

They must have not polled the women...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 1:56:57 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 2/15/2016 6:43:48 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
In a text that is coursing about on social media, professional God-slayer Richard Dawkins begrudgingly admitted that Christianity may actually be our best defense against aberrant forms of religion that threaten the world.

"There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings," Dawkins said. "I am not aware of any Christian suicide bombers. I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death."

In a rare moment of candor, Dawkins reluctantly accepted that the teachings of Jesus Christ do not lead to a world of terror, whereas followers of radical Islam perpetrate the very atrocities that he laments.

Because of this realization, Dawkins wondered aloud whether Christianity might indeed offer an antidote to protect western civilization against jihad.

"I have mixed feelings about the decline of Christianity, in so far as Christianity might be a bulwark against something worse," he said.

Just like Jesus surrounded himself with idiots and used unschooled illiterates to spread his nonsense. You are the modern version of an unschooled illiterate Christian the sort of idiot obsessed with spreading his nonsense.

Christian atrocities.
http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com...

Christian crusades.
http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com...

God's supported wars.
http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com...

The churches support for war.
http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com...
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:00:03 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/29/2016 1:56:57 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/15/2016 6:43:48 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
In a text that is coursing about on social media, professional God-slayer Richard Dawkins begrudgingly admitted that Christianity may actually be our best defense against aberrant forms of religion that threaten the world.

"There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings," Dawkins said. "I am not aware of any Christian suicide bombers. I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death."

In a rare moment of candor, Dawkins reluctantly accepted that the teachings of Jesus Christ do not lead to a world of terror, whereas followers of radical Islam perpetrate the very atrocities that he laments.

Because of this realization, Dawkins wondered aloud whether Christianity might indeed offer an antidote to protect western civilization against jihad.

"I have mixed feelings about the decline of Christianity, in so far as Christianity might be a bulwark against something worse," he said.

Just like Jesus surrounded himself with idiots and used unschooled illiterates to spread his nonsense. You are the modern version of an unschooled illiterate Christian the sort of idiot obsessed with spreading his nonsense.

Christian atrocities.
http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com...

Christian crusades.
http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com...

God's supported wars.
http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com...

The churches support for war.
http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com...

How kind of the self-appointed Christian champion of DDO to point this out.
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:01:11 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/29/2016 1:56:57 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/15/2016 6:43:48 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
In a text that is coursing about on social media, professional God-slayer Richard Dawkins begrudgingly admitted that Christianity may actually be our best defense against aberrant forms of religion that threaten the world.

"There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings," Dawkins said. "I am not aware of any Christian suicide bombers. I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death."

In a rare moment of candor, Dawkins reluctantly accepted that the teachings of Jesus Christ do not lead to a world of terror, whereas followers of radical Islam perpetrate the very atrocities that he laments.

Because of this realization, Dawkins wondered aloud whether Christianity might indeed offer an antidote to protect western civilization against jihad.

"I have mixed feelings about the decline of Christianity, in so far as Christianity might be a bulwark against something worse," he said.

Just like Jesus surrounded himself with idiots and used unschooled illiterates to spread his nonsense. You are the modern version of an unschooled illiterate Christian the sort of idiot obsessed with spreading his nonsense.

Christian atrocities.
http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com...

Christian crusades.
http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com...

God's supported wars.
http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com...

The churches support for war.
http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com...

The difference is Jesus didn't teach war. Muhammed did.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:20:12 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
At 4/29/2016 2:01:11 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 4/29/2016 1:56:57 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/15/2016 6:43:48 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
In a text that is coursing about on social media, professional God-slayer Richard Dawkins begrudgingly admitted that Christianity may actually be our best defense against aberrant forms of religion that threaten the world.

"There are no Christians, as far as I know, blowing up buildings," Dawkins said. "I am not aware of any Christian suicide bombers. I am not aware of any major Christian denomination that believes the penalty for apostasy is death."

In a rare moment of candor, Dawkins reluctantly accepted that the teachings of Jesus Christ do not lead to a world of terror, whereas followers of radical Islam perpetrate the very atrocities that he laments.

Because of this realization, Dawkins wondered aloud whether Christianity might indeed offer an antidote to protect western civilization against jihad.

"I have mixed feelings about the decline of Christianity, in so far as Christianity might be a bulwark against something worse," he said.

Just like Jesus surrounded himself with idiots and used unschooled illiterates to spread his nonsense. You are the modern version of an unschooled illiterate Christian the sort of idiot obsessed with spreading his nonsense.

Christian atrocities.
http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com...

Christian crusades.
http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com...

God's supported wars.
http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com...

The churches support for war.
http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com...

The difference is Jesus didn't teach war. Muhammed did.

Jesus sought the destruction of the traditional family and made it his mission after he found out he was an illegitimate Jewish bastard and Joseph was not his biological father. That is why he never married and surrounded himself with unsavoury men. One lied about him (Peter) and the other betrayed him (Judas).

Luke 12:51 Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? I tell you, not at all, but rather division. 52 For from now on five in one house will be divided: three against two, and two against three. 53 Father will be divided against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law."
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/29/2016 2:24:40 PM
Posted: 7 months ago
It's obviously about Christianity being the only real thing blocking Islam from becoming dominant and all powerful.

Two questions, if you don't mind:

1) If those people who are currently Christian were not Christian, would they cease to exist?

2) If not, then why would those people not still oppose Islamic extremism, since being Christian is obviously not a prerequisite for that?

We were Christ's before the foundation of the world. We are what we are eternally, God's children. The Bible made the promise to the children of Isaac. 2/3 of the world are the children of Satan. We give witness to the light. The children of Satan did not comprehend that light.

This appears to be quite a non-answer to my questions. :/

I'm not sure what you mean in the question exactly. That I wouldn't be a Christian if I were not a Christian? Maybe ask it another way.

Certainly.

1) If all of the Christians in the world were suddenly no longer Christian (for example, became agnostic), would those individuals cease to exist?

2) If those people would continue to exist, what makes you certain that they would not still oppose Islamic extremism, seeing that being Christian is not a requirement to be opposed to it?

If we weren't founded in Christianity we wouldn't recognise Islamofascism and oppose it so directly.

Bare assertion, and a rather obviously incorrect one at that.

Notice that most Atheists are Liberals. Also notice that most Christians are conservatives.

... and?

Third, notice that it was Liberalism the held open arms to Muslims naively, as Islam became a nightmare in Europe. They were caught unaware and theologically had no discernment towards the problems with Islam. They thought "all religions are the same". The conservative Christians suddenly started backing Trump and the Muslim ban. Why? Christians are supposed to love and be of charity. It's all theological.

I am not sure what you are trying to express here.

We recognise first off, the theological differences, who Ishmael's seed really are, and are more knowledgable on Islamic teachings because they contrast ours and are a part of our doctrine, and not in a good way. Thus, we were the bulwark to Islam. Why? Because we know the enemy.

And you have been doing what exactly to prevent it's spread, then? It seems to me that for all the theological differences, you look to secular answers.

In Islam there are acts of espionage and conquest. Lying to nonMuslims is promoted. Europe has become less Christianised. It didn't have enough knowledge on the isdue and just let them in by the millions. Heavily Christianised America screamed "Oh no you don't!" Why? We recognise Islam as the greatest theological evil on planet Earth.

Because clearly, atheists would some how be 'okay' with Muslims doing as you assert.

It is mentioned in a sinister way in our doctrine, and their own doctrine is dark. This is the only ideology I know of that lies on purpose and doctrinally is commanded to slay every nonMuslim, take over the world, and use deception and force to destroy others.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...