Jump to topic:

The argument from Vice Regent

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 5:57:50 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
I'd like to look at perhaps the greatest defender of the faith that we have seen in DDO Vice "How do you know what you know stupid atheists" Regent.

Consider the following............

"atheists love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. So, what atheist can give me a rational way atheist know truth from fiction?

And please do not respond if you have responded before or if you admit you have no way of rationally know truth from fiction, or if you believe you make up your own reality, or if all you have is "science", for science relies on the your senses and reason, which begs the question of how you know your senses and reason are valid. Perhaps you can tell me, which is fine, but if the way you validate you senses and reason is with your senses and reason, you lose the debate because circular reasoning is not rational."

But what happens if we use the same line of attack on say a theistic biblical inerrant belief ?

Consider the following.....

"BIBLICAL CHRISTIANS love to live under the delusion that they are the guardians of rationality. But how can they hold this title when they cannot even articulate a rational way to know truth from fiction. If they cannot do this, they are literally ignorant and the ignorant cannot guard anything. So, what THEIST can give me a rational way THEISTS know truth from fiction?"

And please do not respond if you have responded before or if you admit you have no way of rationally know truth from fiction, or if you believe you make up your own reality, or if all you have is "THE BIBLE &/or DIVINE REVELATION", for BIBLE &/or DIVINE REVELATION relies on BIBLE &/or DIVINE REVELATION, which begs the question of how you know your BIBLE &/or DIVINE REVELATION valid. Perhaps you can tell me, which is fine, but if the way you validate you BIBLE &/or DIVINE REVELATION is BIBLE &/or DIVINE REVELATION you lose the debate because circular reasoning is not rational.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 6:41:15 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
He is laughable.
EVERYONE is a solipsist if they don't make assumptions.
In order for ANYONE to make ANY claim about the universe they need to make the three basal assumptions, atheist or theist.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO