Total Posts:127|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Flying Spaghetti Monster

Sophisto
Posts: 121
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 10:31:27 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
A satirical "deity" fabricated by atheists to randomly illustrate their obsession with the burden of proof. It is openly acknowledged as an insincere god, lacking genuine believers with atheists telling jokes about the wrath of a decoy idol. Once you realize this, you also realize that atheists don't realize this. If they did, they would cease and desist with their self-blasphemy.

Reverse engineering this tactic leads to one spiteful conclusion: deify the atheists!
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 10:35:13 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 10:31:27 PM, Sophisto wrote:
A satirical "deity" fabricated by atheists to randomly illustrate their obsession with the burden of proof. It is openly acknowledged as an insincere god, lacking genuine believers with atheists telling jokes about the wrath of a decoy idol. Once you realize this, you also realize that atheists don't realize this. If they did, they would cease and desist with their self-blasphemy.

Reverse engineering this tactic leads to one spiteful conclusion: deify the atheists!

It's a farce to show you what kind of farce theists believe. Sorry you don't seem to realize that. Guess that's why you're a theist.
Sophisto
Posts: 121
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 10:40:23 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 10:35:13 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/16/2016 10:31:27 PM, Sophisto wrote:
A satirical "deity" fabricated by atheists to randomly illustrate their obsession with the burden of proof. It is openly acknowledged as an insincere god, lacking genuine believers with atheists telling jokes about the wrath of a decoy idol. Once you realize this, you also realize that atheists don't realize this. If they did, they would cease and desist with their self-blasphemy.

Reverse engineering this tactic leads to one spiteful conclusion: deify the atheists!

It's a farce to show you what kind of farce theists believe. Sorry you don't seem to realize that. Guess that's why you're a theist.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I understand the convolution theists believe. I can feel the offense you've taken by lashing out at my faith. I guess that's why you're an atheist: spite for a spite, hypocrite. Guess you can't turn the other cheek either. How does it feel to be surrounded by theists who have more influence than you have brains?
Gentorev
Posts: 2,948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 10:41:21 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 10:31:27 PM, Sophisto wrote:
A satirical "deity" fabricated by atheists to randomly illustrate their obsession with the burden of proof. It is openly acknowledged as an insincere god, lacking genuine believers with atheists telling jokes about the wrath of a decoy idol. Once you realize this, you also realize that atheists don't realize this. If they did, they would cease and desist with their self-blasphemy.

Reverse engineering this tactic leads to one spiteful conclusion: deify the atheists!

Wasn't it the spaghetti monster, who created the Killer Tomatoes from which he later made his spaghetti sauce?
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 10:46:23 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 10:40:23 PM, Sophisto wrote:
At 2/16/2016 10:35:13 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/16/2016 10:31:27 PM, Sophisto wrote:
A satirical "deity" fabricated by atheists to randomly illustrate their obsession with : : the burden of proof. It is openly acknowledged as an insincere god, lacking genuine believers with atheists telling jokes about the wrath of a decoy idol. Once you realize this, you also realize that atheists don't realize this. If they did, they would cease and desist with their self-blasphemy.

Reverse engineering this tactic leads to one spiteful conclusion: deify the atheists!

It's a farce to show you what kind of farce theists believe. Sorry you don't seem to realize that. Guess that's why you're a theist.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I understand the convolution theists believe. I can feel the offense you've taken by lashing out at my faith. I guess that's why you're an atheist: spite for a spite, hypocrite. Guess you can't turn the other cheek either. How does it feel to be surrounded by theists who have more influence than you have brains?

I'm not spiteful, just trying to get people to apply the same kind of critical thinking to religion as they apply to everything else. As far as theists with influence? Well, they influence other theists, which only indicates that they all suffer the same lack. Oh, a bit of information. Insults only work if the opinion of the one attempting to give insult matters. In this case, it does not.
Sophisto
Posts: 121
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 11:21:19 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
If my opinion does not matter, why bother with a gadfly such as me? Go eat some spaghetti. Oh, you are agnostic? How brave.
Redfordnutt
Posts: 222
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 11:39:27 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 11:21:19 PM, Sophisto wrote:
If my opinion does not matter, why bother with a gadfly such as me? Go eat some spaghetti. Oh, you are agnostic? How brave.

Come on mate, free your mind and stop believing in fairytales. I have sympathy for young children who are religious. But a grown up who is religious either lacks critical thinking skills or just doesn't care about the truth of reality.
Gentorev
Posts: 2,948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 11:43:45 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 10:46:23 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/16/2016 10:40:23 PM, Sophisto wrote:
At 2/16/2016 10:35:13 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/16/2016 10:31:27 PM, Sophisto wrote:
A satirical "deity" fabricated by atheists to randomly illustrate their obsession with : : the burden of proof. It is openly acknowledged as an insincere god, lacking genuine believers with atheists telling jokes about the wrath of a decoy idol. Once you realize this, you also realize that atheists don't realize this. If they did, they would cease and desist with their self-blasphemy.

Reverse engineering this tactic leads to one spiteful conclusion: deify the atheists!

It's a farce to show you what kind of farce theists believe. Sorry you don't seem to realize that. Guess that's why you're a theist.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I understand the convolution theists believe. I can feel the offense you've taken by lashing out at my faith. I guess that's why you're an atheist: spite for a spite, hypocrite. Guess you can't turn the other cheek either. How does it feel to be surrounded by theists who have more influence than you have brains?

I'm not spiteful, just trying to get people to apply the same kind of critical thinking to religion as they apply to everything else. As far as theists with influence? Well, they influence other theists, which only indicates that they all suffer the same lack. Oh, a bit of information. Insults only work if the opinion of the one attempting to give insult matters. In this case, it does not.

From Mr Google""..For the last half of the twentieth century, Antony Flew (1923-2010) was the world's most famous atheist. Long before Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, and Sam Harris began taking swipes at religion, Flew was the preeminent spokesman for unbelief.

However in 2004, he shocked the world by announcing he had come to believe in God. Flew was ro later sit down with Strange Notions contributor Dr. Benjamin Wiker for an interview about his conversion, and the reasons that led him to God. Below he gives the reasons for his conversion.

________________________________________

Antony Flew: There were two factors in particular that were decisive. One was my growing empathy with the insight of Einstein and other noted scientists that there had to be an Intelligence behind the integrated complexity of the physical Universe.

The second was my own insight that the integrated complexity of life itself"which is far more complex than the physical Universe"can only be explained in terms of an Intelligent Source. I believe that the origin of life and reproduction simply cannot be explained from a biological standpoint despite numerous efforts to do so.

With every passing year, the more that was discovered about the richness and inherent intelligence of life, the less it seemed likely that a chemical soup could magically generate the genetic code. The difference between life and non-life, it became apparent to me, was ontological and not chemical. The best confirmation of this radical gulf is Richard Dawkins' comical effort to argue in "The God Delusion" that the origin of life can be attributed to a "lucky chance." If that's the best argument you have, then the game is over. No, I did not hear a Voice. It was the evidence itself that led me to this conclusion.
Sophisto
Posts: 121
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 11:49:07 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
I am a heretic; that is the "evidence" of my critical thought. Atheism may be the more ever-growing popular future of social attitudes toward God, but atheism has no obvious effect on the self-sabotaging Church.

You wish to eradicate faith? Only an inside job can get even close.
Gentorev
Posts: 2,948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 12:02:22 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 11:39:27 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 2/16/2016 11:21:19 PM, Sophisto wrote:
If my opinion does not matter, why bother with a gadfly such as me? Go eat some spaghetti. Oh, you are agnostic? How brave.


Come on mate, free your mind and stop believing in fairytales. I have sympathy for young children who are religious. But a grown up who is religious either lacks critical thinking skills or just doesn't care about the truth of reality.

It is you ignorant atheists who believe in fairy tales if you believe there is no God. Just as the worlds most famous atheist, "Antony Flew" once believed, until the day that he finally came to the realisation that the integrated complexity of life itself, "which is far more complex than the physical Universe" can only be explained in terms of an Intelligent Source.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 5:22:05 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 12:02:22 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/16/2016 11:39:27 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 2/16/2016 11:21:19 PM, Sophisto wrote:
If my opinion does not matter, why bother with a gadfly such as me? Go eat some spaghetti. Oh, you are agnostic? How brave.


Come on mate, free your mind and stop believing in fairytales. I have sympathy for young children who are religious. But a grown up who is religious either lacks critical thinking skills or just doesn't care about the truth of reality.

It is you ignorant atheists who believe in fairy tales if you believe there is no God. Just as the worlds most famous atheist, "Antony Flew" once believed, until the day that he finally came to the realisation that the integrated complexity of life itself, "which is far more complex than the physical Universe" can only be explained in terms of an Intelligent Source.
Worlds most famous atheist. hahahahahahahaha
WTF.hahahahahahaha
Who focking cares?
Oh that's right poor ignorant theists like you.
I'll go look for a quote from the worlds most famous hermit.
Gentorev
Posts: 2,948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 5:40:42 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 5:22:05 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 12:02:22 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/16/2016 11:39:27 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 2/16/2016 11:21:19 PM, Sophisto wrote:
If my opinion does not matter, why bother with a gadfly such as me? Go eat some spaghetti. Oh, you are agnostic? How brave.


Come on mate, free your mind and stop believing in fairytales. I have sympathy for young children who are religious. But a grown up who is religious either lacks critical thinking skills or just doesn't care about the truth of reality.

It is you ignorant atheists who believe in fairy tales if you believe there is no God. Just as the worlds most famous atheist, "Antony Flew" once believed, until the day that he finally came to the realisation that the integrated complexity of life itself, "which is far more complex than the physical Universe" can only be explained in terms of an Intelligent Source.
Worlds most famous atheist. hahahahahahahaha
WTF.hahahahahahaha
Who focking cares?
Oh that's right poor ignorant theists like you.
I'll go look for a quote from the worlds most famous hermit.

How are you going there bullpoof, you little ignoramus. Still trolling through the religion forum in your futile attempt to disrupt and derail the thread of the believers.

Perhaps one day, you just might become like the old high priest of the atheist movement and come to the realisation, that there is a God, But I doubt it. I think that you will go to your grave, the same dumb ignoramus as you are today, but I still love ya mate.

Undoubted I'll catch you later when you attempt to disrupt some other thread with your verbal dysentery which adds nothing constructive whatsoever to the topic being discussed.
Outplayz
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 6:48:39 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 11:49:07 PM, Sophisto wrote:
I am a heretic; that is the "evidence" of my critical thought. Atheism may be the more ever-growing popular future of social attitudes toward God, but atheism has no obvious effect on the self-sabotaging Church.

You wish to eradicate faith? Only an inside job can get even close.

Hmm. Interesting. I wonder if you understand the implications of what you said (or if your questioner understands the critical thinking). Anyways, i agree. I believe that will be the future. Although, i don't know if i'd be attaching faith to eradication, but somehow that feels appropriate. *Chooses Spectre Specialist*
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 7:07:02 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 5:40:42 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/17/2016 5:22:05 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 12:02:22 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/16/2016 11:39:27 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 2/16/2016 11:21:19 PM, Sophisto wrote:
If my opinion does not matter, why bother with a gadfly such as me? Go eat some spaghetti. Oh, you are agnostic? How brave.


Come on mate, free your mind and stop believing in fairytales. I have sympathy for young children who are religious. But a grown up who is religious either lacks critical thinking skills or just doesn't care about the truth of reality.

It is you ignorant atheists who believe in fairy tales if you believe there is no God. Just as the worlds most famous atheist, "Antony Flew" once believed, until the day that he finally came to the realisation that the integrated complexity of life itself, "which is far more complex than the physical Universe" can only be explained in terms of an Intelligent Source.
Worlds most famous atheist. hahahahahahahaha
WTF.hahahahahahaha
Who focking cares?
Oh that's right poor ignorant theists like you.
I'll go look for a quote from the worlds most famous hermit.

How are you going there bullpoof, you little ignoramus. Still trolling through the religion forum in your futile attempt to disrupt and derail the thread of the believers.

Perhaps one day, you just might become like the old high priest of the atheist movement and come to the realisation, that there is a God, But I doubt it. I think that you will go to your grave, the same dumb ignoramus as you are today, but I still love ya mate.

Undoubted I'll catch you later when you attempt to disrupt some other thread with your verbal dysentery which adds nothing constructive whatsoever to the topic being discussed.
Ya missed sumfin.
Worlds most famous atheist. hahahahahahahaha
WTF.hahahahahahaha
Who focking cares?
Oh that's right poor ignorant theists like you.
I'll go look for a quote from the worlds most famous hermit.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 7:31:02 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 10:31:27 PM, Sophisto wrote:
A satirical "deity" fabricated by atheists to randomly illustrate their obsession with the burden of proof. It is openly acknowledged as an insincere god, lacking genuine believers with atheists telling jokes about the wrath of a decoy idol. Once you realize this, you also realize that atheists don't realize this. If they did, they would cease and desist with their self-blasphemy.

Reverse engineering this tactic leads to one spiteful conclusion: deify the atheists!

it's too bad your god hasn't cared enough to reveal itself to me or the rest of the world.
which god do you believe in, and why is your god hiding?
Gentorev
Posts: 2,948
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 7:35:49 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 7:07:02 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 5:40:42 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/17/2016 5:22:05 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 12:02:22 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/16/2016 11:39:27 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 2/16/2016 11:21:19 PM, Sophisto wrote:
If my opinion does not matter, why bother with a gadfly such as me? Go eat some spaghetti. Oh, you are agnostic? How brave.


Come on mate, free your mind and stop believing in fairytales. I have sympathy for young children who are religious. But a grown up who is religious either lacks critical thinking skills or just doesn't care about the truth of reality.

It is you ignorant atheists who believe in fairy tales if you believe there is no God. Just as the worlds most famous atheist, "Antony Flew" once believed, until the day that he finally came to the realisation that the integrated complexity of life itself, "which is far more complex than the physical Universe" can only be explained in terms of an Intelligent Source.
Worlds most famous atheist. hahahahahahahaha
WTF.hahahahahahaha
Who focking cares?
Oh that's right poor ignorant theists like you.
I'll go look for a quote from the worlds most famous hermit.

How are you going there bullpoof, you little ignoramus. Still trolling through the religion forum in your futile attempt to disrupt and derail the thread of the believers.

Perhaps one day, you just might become like the old high priest of the atheist movement and come to the realisation, that there is a God, But I doubt it. I think that you will go to your grave, the same dumb ignoramus as you are today, but I still love ya mate.

Undoubted I'll catch you later when you attempt to disrupt some other thread with your verbal dysentery which adds nothing constructive whatsoever to the topic being discussed.
Ya missed sumfin.
Worlds most famous atheist. hahahahahahahaha
WTF.hahahahahahaha
Who focking cares?
Oh that's right poor ignorant theists like you.
I'll go look for a quote from the worlds most famous hermit.

Wipe your chin you filthy child, your verbal dysentery is dribbling all over the forum.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 9:16:36 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 10:35:13 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/16/2016 10:31:27 PM, Sophisto wrote:
A satirical "deity" fabricated by atheists to randomly illustrate their obsession with the burden of proof. It is openly acknowledged as an insincere god, lacking genuine believers with atheists telling jokes about the wrath of a decoy idol. Once you realize this, you also realize that atheists don't realize this. If they did, they would cease and desist with their self-blasphemy.

Reverse engineering this tactic leads to one spiteful conclusion: deify the atheists!

It's a farce to show you what kind of farce theists believe. Sorry you don't seem to realize that. Guess that's why you're a theist.
Flying (exists)
Spaghetti (exists)
Monster-s- (exist)
Isn't it funny how logically inept atheists assume that it is valid to use existing things as an analogy to what they claim doesn't exist. The fact that you don't recognize the flaw in logic is why you're an atheist I guess.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 9:22:03 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 5:22:05 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 12:02:22 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/16/2016 11:39:27 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 2/16/2016 11:21:19 PM, Sophisto wrote:
If my opinion does not matter, why bother with a gadfly such as me? Go eat some spaghetti. Oh, you are agnostic? How brave.


Come on mate, free your mind and stop believing in fairytales. I have sympathy for young children who are religious. But a grown up who is religious either lacks critical thinking skills or just doesn't care about the truth of reality.

It is you ignorant atheists who believe in fairy tales if you believe there is no God. Just as the worlds most famous atheist, "Antony Flew" once believed, until the day that he finally came to the realisation that the integrated complexity of life itself, "which is far more complex than the physical Universe" can only be explained in terms of an Intelligent Source.
Worlds most famous atheist. hahahahahahahaha
WTF.hahahahahahaha
Who focking cares?
Oh that's right poor ignorant theists like you.
I'll go look for a quote from the worlds most famous hermit.
Typical atheist. Behind every word this man said while he was an atheist and well know lecturer at Oxford, but when he jumps ship you claim he wasn't even in the water.
And as to who focking cares, people who went to college all those years he was debating for the cause of atheism.
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 11:52:05 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 9:22:03 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 2/17/2016 5:22:05 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 12:02:22 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/16/2016 11:39:27 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 2/16/2016 11:21:19 PM, Sophisto wrote:
If my opinion does not matter, why bother with a gadfly such as me? Go eat some spaghetti. Oh, you are agnostic? How brave.


Come on mate, free your mind and stop believing in fairytales. I have sympathy for young children who are religious. But a grown up who is religious either lacks critical thinking skills or just doesn't care about the truth of reality.

It is you ignorant atheists who believe in fairy tales if you believe there is no God. Just as the worlds most famous atheist, "Antony Flew" once believed, until the day that he finally came to the realisation that the integrated complexity of life itself, "which is far more complex than the physical Universe" can only be explained in terms of an Intelligent Source.
Worlds most famous atheist. hahahahahahahaha
WTF.hahahahahahaha
Who focking cares?
Oh that's right poor ignorant theists like you.
I'll go look for a quote from the worlds most famous hermit.
Typical atheist. Behind every word this man said while he was an atheist and well know lecturer at Oxford, but when he jumps ship you claim he wasn't even in the water.
And as to who focking cares, people who went to college all those years he was debating for the cause of atheism.

Unlike you I don't have gods or prophets or popes or pastors or leaders, because surprise surprise I'm an atheist.
I don't need people to think for me like the believers do.
It is impossible for you to understand that because it is beyond any life experience you have ever had.
I haven't found the world's most famous hermit yet but bear with me. LOL
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 1:15:23 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 11:21:19 PM, Sophisto wrote:
If my opinion does not matter, why bother with a gadfly such as me? Go eat some spaghetti. Oh, you are agnostic? How brave.

Because no one is worthless and I'd like to believe you have the capacity to overcome the blinders you wear.
famousdebater
Posts: 3,943
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 1:21:59 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 10:31:27 PM, Sophisto wrote:

You do realize that there are other arguments against the existence of God. You attempt to refute one (and even that doesn't really work), you assume that the sole premise by which atheists use to disprove God is the argument that you presented. This is false. Analyzing one argument and then saying that you've disproven atheism is preposterous.
"Life calls the tune, we dance."
John Galsworthy
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 1:36:44 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/16/2016 11:43:45 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/16/2016 10:46:23 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/16/2016 10:40:23 PM, Sophisto wrote:
At 2/16/2016 10:35:13 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/16/2016 10:31:27 PM, Sophisto wrote:
A satirical "deity" fabricated by atheists to randomly illustrate their obsession with : : the burden of proof. It is openly acknowledged as an insincere god, lacking genuine believers with atheists telling jokes about the wrath of a decoy idol. Once you realize this, you also realize that atheists don't realize this. If they did, they would cease and desist with their self-blasphemy.

Reverse engineering this tactic leads to one spiteful conclusion: deify the atheists!

It's a farce to show you what kind of farce theists believe. Sorry you don't seem to realize that. Guess that's why you're a theist.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I understand the convolution theists believe. I can feel the offense you've taken by lashing out at my faith. I guess that's why you're an atheist: spite for a spite, hypocrite. Guess you can't turn the other cheek either. How does it feel to be surrounded by theists who have more influence than you have brains?

I'm not spiteful, just trying to get people to apply the same kind of critical thinking to religion as they apply to everything else. As far as theists with influence? Well, they influence other theists, which only indicates that they all suffer the same lack. Oh, a bit of information. Insults only work if the opinion of the one attempting to give insult matters. In this case, it does not.

From Mr Google""..For the last half of the twentieth century, Antony Flew (1923-2010) was the world's most famous atheist. Long before Richard Dawkins, Christopher Hitchens, and Sam Harris began taking swipes at religion, Flew was the preeminent spokesman for unbelief.

However in 2004, he shocked the world by announcing he had come to believe in God. Flew was ro later sit down with Strange Notions contributor Dr. Benjamin Wiker for an interview about his conversion, and the reasons that led him to God. Below he gives the reasons for his conversion.

________________________________________

Antony Flew: There were two factors in particular that were decisive. One was my growing empathy with the insight of Einstein and other noted scientists that there had to be an Intelligence behind the integrated complexity of the physical Universe.

The second was my own insight that the integrated complexity of life itself"which is far more complex than the physical Universe"can only be explained in terms of an Intelligent Source. I believe that the origin of life and reproduction simply cannot be explained from a biological standpoint despite numerous efforts to do so.

With every passing year, the more that was discovered about the richness and inherent intelligence of life, the less it seemed likely that a chemical soup could magically generate the genetic code. The difference between life and non-life, it became apparent to me, was ontological and not chemical. The best confirmation of this radical gulf is Richard Dawkins' comical effort to argue in "The God Delusion" that the origin of life can be attributed to a "lucky chance." If that's the best argument you have, then the game is over. No, I did not hear a Voice. It was the evidence itself that led me to this conclusion.

Argument from authority and meaningless in any real way. One person changing their mind does not negate or mitigate the complete lack of evidence for the existence of any god or gods.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 1:47:51 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 11:52:05 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 9:22:03 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 2/17/2016 5:22:05 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 12:02:22 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/16/2016 11:39:27 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 2/16/2016 11:21:19 PM, Sophisto wrote:
If my opinion does not matter, why bother with a gadfly such as me? Go eat some spaghetti. Oh, you are agnostic? How brave.


Come on mate, free your mind and stop believing in fairytales. I have sympathy for young children who are religious. But a grown up who is religious either lacks critical thinking skills or just doesn't care about the truth of reality.

It is you ignorant atheists who believe in fairy tales if you believe there is no God. Just as the worlds most famous atheist, "Antony Flew" once believed, until the day that he finally came to the realisation that the integrated complexity of life itself, "which is far more complex than the physical Universe" can only be explained in terms of an Intelligent Source.
Worlds most famous atheist. hahahahahahahaha
WTF.hahahahahahaha
Who focking cares?
Oh that's right poor ignorant theists like you.
I'll go look for a quote from the worlds most famous hermit.
Typical atheist. Behind every word this man said while he was an atheist and well know lecturer at Oxford, but when he jumps ship you claim he wasn't even in the water.
And as to who focking cares, people who went to college all those years he was debating for the cause of atheism.

Unlike you I don't have gods or prophets or popes or pastors or leaders, because surprise surprise I'm an atheist.
I don't need people to think for me like the believers do.
What a logically inept buffoon you are. If you didn't need people to think FOR YOU dimwit, you wouldn't have needed someone to create a word for you to adopt to call yourself...you know atheist. Seriously, why someone so logically inept would contradict themself, in 2 sentences that could easily be reread then deleted as to not expose your buffoonery, is simply astounding. Atheism by definition is "logically inept thinking", so I completely understand this oversight....lmao.
It is impossible for you to understand that because it is beyond any life experience you have ever had.
I haven't found the world's most famous hermit yet but bear with me. LOL
So basically bulron you have nothing to the point.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 2:00:27 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 9:16:36 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 2/16/2016 10:35:13 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/16/2016 10:31:27 PM, Sophisto wrote:
A satirical "deity" fabricated by atheists to randomly illustrate their obsession with the burden of proof. It is openly acknowledged as an insincere god, lacking genuine believers with atheists telling jokes about the wrath of a decoy idol. Once you realize this, you also realize that atheists don't realize this. If they did, they would cease and desist with their self-blasphemy.

Reverse engineering this tactic leads to one spiteful conclusion: deify the atheists!

It's a farce to show you what kind of farce theists believe. Sorry you don't seem to realize that. Guess that's why you're a theist.
Flying (exists)
Spaghetti (exists)
Monster-s- (exist)

Composition fallacy. The qualities of parts of a thing do not necessarily become part of the whole. Foolishness.

Second, what Monster exists? Can you be a bit more informative there? I have never observed nor have I seen convincing evidence of any monsters extant on this planet.

Isn't it funny how logically inept atheists assume that it is valid to use existing things as an analogy to what they claim doesn't exist. The fact that you don't recognize the flaw in logic is why you're an atheist I guess.

Ok, How about Easter Bunny. Easter - Exists, Bunny - Exists. Do you assert that the Easter Bunny should exist as well?
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 2:12:19 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 2:00:27 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/17/2016 9:16:36 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 2/16/2016 10:35:13 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/16/2016 10:31:27 PM, Sophisto wrote:
A satirical "deity" fabricated by atheists to randomly illustrate their obsession with the burden of proof. It is openly acknowledged as an insincere god, lacking genuine believers with atheists telling jokes about the wrath of a decoy idol. Once you realize this, you also realize that atheists don't realize this. If they did, they would cease and desist with their self-blasphemy.

Reverse engineering this tactic leads to one spiteful conclusion: deify the atheists!

It's a farce to show you what kind of farce theists believe. Sorry you don't seem to realize that. Guess that's why you're a theist.
Flying (exists)
Spaghetti (exists)
Monster-s- (exist)

Composition fallacy. The qualities of parts of a thing do not necessarily become part of the whole. Foolishness.
Lmao, you seem to mistake adjectives and modifiers as parts, they are not. Nice fail though.
Second, what Monster exists? Can you be a bit more informative there? I have never observed nor have I seen convincing evidence of any monsters extant on this planet.
Heloderma suspectum......
Isn't it funny how logically inept atheists assume that it is valid to use existing things as an analogy to what they claim doesn't exist. The fact that you don't recognize the flaw in logic is why you're an atheist I guess.

Ok, How about Easter Bunny. Easter - Exists, Bunny - Exists. Do you assert that the Easter Bunny should exist as well?
Once again. Easter is a modifier, and bunny exists, nice fail, again.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 2:21:34 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 2:12:19 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 2/17/2016 2:00:27 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/17/2016 9:16:36 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 2/16/2016 10:35:13 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 2/16/2016 10:31:27 PM, Sophisto wrote:
A satirical "deity" fabricated by atheists to randomly illustrate their obsession with the burden of proof. It is openly acknowledged as an insincere god, lacking genuine believers with atheists telling jokes about the wrath of a decoy idol. Once you realize this, you also realize that atheists don't realize this. If they did, they would cease and desist with their self-blasphemy.

Reverse engineering this tactic leads to one spiteful conclusion: deify the atheists!

It's a farce to show you what kind of farce theists believe. Sorry you don't seem to realize that. Guess that's why you're a theist.
Flying (exists)
Spaghetti (exists)
Monster-s- (exist)

Composition fallacy. The qualities of parts of a thing do not necessarily become part of the whole. Foolishness.
Lmao, you seem to mistake adjectives and modifiers as parts, they are not. Nice fail though.
Second, what Monster exists? Can you be a bit more informative there? I have never observed nor have I seen convincing evidence of any monsters extant on this planet.
Heloderma suspectum......
Isn't it funny how logically inept atheists assume that it is valid to use existing things as an analogy to what they claim doesn't exist. The fact that you don't recognize the flaw in logic is why you're an atheist I guess.

Ok, How about Easter Bunny. Easter - Exists, Bunny - Exists. Do you assert that the Easter Bunny should exist as well?
Once again. Easter is a modifier, and bunny exists, nice fail, again.

Flying, modifier. Yet you claim it exists. How is Easter any different? You really are kind of pitiful.

Heloderma suspectum - Gila Monster: a species of venomous lizard native to the southwestern United States and northwestern Mexican state of Sonora. A heavy, slow-moving lizard, up to 60 cm (2.0 ft) long, the Gila monster is the only venomous lizard native to the United States and one of only two known species of venomous lizards in North America, the other being its close relative, the Mexican beaded lizard (H. horridum).[2] Though the Gila monster is venomous, its sluggish nature means it represents little threat to humans. However, it has earned a fearsome reputation and is sometimes killed despite being protected by state law in Arizona

Monster -
1. a legendary animal combining features of animal and human form or having the forms of various animals in combination, as a centaur, griffin, or sphinx.
2. any creature so ugly or monstrous as to frighten people.
3. any animal or human grotesquely deviating from the normal shape, behavior, or character.
4. a person who excites horror by wickedness, cruelty, etc.
5. any animal or thing huge in size.

The name is just a name. It's a big, slow moving lizard and it does not meet the actual definition of 'monster' any more than a secretary bird meets the definition of 'secretary'. Any chance you'll learn to use facts and not childish word games?
bulproof
Posts: 25,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 2:51:31 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 1:47:51 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:52:05 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 9:22:03 AM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 2/17/2016 5:22:05 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 12:02:22 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/16/2016 11:39:27 PM, Redfordnutt wrote:
At 2/16/2016 11:21:19 PM, Sophisto wrote:
If my opinion does not matter, why bother with a gadfly such as me? Go eat some spaghetti. Oh, you are agnostic? How brave.


Come on mate, free your mind and stop believing in fairytales. I have sympathy for young children who are religious. But a grown up who is religious either lacks critical thinking skills or just doesn't care about the truth of reality.

It is you ignorant atheists who believe in fairy tales if you believe there is no God. Just as the worlds most famous atheist, "Antony Flew" once believed, until the day that he finally came to the realisation that the integrated complexity of life itself, "which is far more complex than the physical Universe" can only be explained in terms of an Intelligent Source.
Worlds most famous atheist. hahahahahahahaha
WTF.hahahahahahaha
Who focking cares?
Oh that's right poor ignorant theists like you.
I'll go look for a quote from the worlds most famous hermit.
Typical atheist. Behind every word this man said while he was an atheist and well know lecturer at Oxford, but when he jumps ship you claim he wasn't even in the water.
And as to who focking cares, people who went to college all those years he was debating for the cause of atheism.

Unlike you I don't have gods or prophets or popes or pastors or leaders, because surprise surprise I'm an atheist.
I don't need people to think for me like the believers do.
What a logically inept buffoon you are.
Says the poor fella who desperately needs his religion to think for him.
If you didn't need people to think FOR YOU dimwit,
I would be a godbotherer like you. LOL
you wouldn't have needed someone to create a word for you to adopt to call yourself...you know atheist.
I didn't create the word, but you are more than welcome to make that claim, it says a lot about your intellect and capacity to know history.
Seriously, why someone so logically inept would contradict themself, in 2 sentences that could easily be reread then deleted as to not expose your buffoonery, is simply astounding.
Citation would obviously beyond you but give it your best shot.
Atheism by definition is "logically inept thinking", so I completely understand this oversight....lmao.
Oh dear. Atheism = The rejection of your claim that gods exist based entirely upon on the evidence you supply for the existence of your gods.
It is impossible for you to understand that because it is beyond any life experience you have ever had.
We've already discussed your inadequate life experience, I think this has been covered extensively.
I haven't found the world's most famous hermit yet but bear with me. LOL
So basically bulron you have nothing to the point.
My search for the world's most famous hermit is equivalent to your claim of the world's greatest atheist. It's understandable that you are incapable of understanding such, but then you have been indoctrinated for life.
Sophisto
Posts: 121
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 4:57:42 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 1:21:59 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/16/2016 10:31:27 PM, Sophisto wrote:

You do realize that there are other arguments against the existence of God. You attempt to refute one (and even that doesn't really work), you assume that the sole premise by which atheists use to disprove God is the argument that you presented. This is false. Analyzing one argument and then saying that you've disproven atheism is preposterous.

-----------------------------------------
Sophisto: It only takes one to get any traction. You obviously failed to grasp the intention of what I said. If you still think your decoy deity is a tool for demonstrating the futility of theism on the basis of endless options, you should have gone for something more sincere. It only speaks to atheistic morality that a disingenuous tactic to parody the human tendency to fabricate gods that resemble themselves; really, it illustrates what the atheists unconsciously think of themselves. A joke, only able to poke fun at a sleeping bear during seasonal resting time. You can either laugh it off or retort with a vindictive comeback. Or, obsess over one portion while neglecting others, exposing your bias.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 5:00:47 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 4:57:42 PM, Sophisto wrote:
At 2/17/2016 1:21:59 PM, famousdebater wrote:
At 2/16/2016 10:31:27 PM, Sophisto wrote:

You do realize that there are other arguments against the existence of God. You attempt to refute one (and even that doesn't really work), you assume that the sole premise by which atheists use to disprove God is the argument that you presented. This is false. Analyzing one argument and then saying that you've disproven atheism is preposterous.

-----------------------------------------
Sophisto: It only takes one to get any traction. You obviously failed to grasp the intention of what I said. If you still think your decoy deity is a tool for demonstrating the futility of theism on the basis of endless options, you should have gone for something more sincere. It only speaks to atheistic morality that a disingenuous tactic to parody the human tendency to fabricate gods that resemble themselves; really, it illustrates what the atheists unconsciously think of themselves. A joke, only able to poke fun at a sleeping bear during seasonal resting time. You can either laugh it off or retort with a vindictive comeback. Or, obsess over one portion while neglecting others, exposing your bias.

Yet another theist who believes that they can somehow read the minds of every atheist and make authoritative pronouncements and veiled threats to anyone who doesn't swallow their assertions whole.
Sophisto
Posts: 121
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 5:04:12 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
If you had anything relevant to say, you would have been able to without straying on a tangent, hoping you'd catch me off guard. As for your retort, I either anticipated your reactions accurately or I didn't. You should be more specific in your refutation if you wish to humiliate me effectively.