Total Posts:26|Showing Posts:1-26
Jump to topic:

Who does God believe in?

missmedic
Posts: 387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 5:58:30 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
We might answer in one of two ways.

Firstly, if we are to answer that God is also a believer and has a faith (as is required of mankind before he may enter heaven), then we can see from the outset, that even with our most basic definition of God, that this isn"t going to work out. God, in this case, would believe in a higher more powerful entity than himself, and we must conclude that this God is in fact not the God we imagined him to be, as there is a being higher than himself. This line of reasoning then becomes absurd, because it inevitably results in an infinite regression of Gods, each of whom have a higher authority before them.

Secondly, if we are to answer that God believes in no higher authority, only in himself; then we may say that all self-aware beings must of necessity believe in themselves. So this isn"t saying much on behalf of God. But the other consequence of this answer is far more interesting. If we accept then that God doesn"t have a belief in a being higher than himself, we must conclude that God is without belief in a supreme being and is therefore an atheist. And if he"s an atheist, (at least by the theists definition), he doesn"t belong in heaven.
Yassine
Posts: 2,617
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 6:01:30 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 5:58:30 AM, missmedic wrote:
We might answer in one of two ways.

Firstly, if we are to answer that God is also a believer and has a faith (as is required of mankind before he may enter heaven), then we can see from the outset, that even with our most basic definition of God, that this isn"t going to work out. God, in this case, would believe in a higher more powerful entity than himself, and we must conclude that this God is in fact not the God we imagined him to be, as there is a being higher than himself. This line of reasoning then becomes absurd, because it inevitably results in an infinite regression of Gods, each of whom have a higher authority before them.

Secondly, if we are to answer that God believes in no higher authority, only in himself; then we may say that all self-aware beings must of necessity believe in themselves. So this isn"t saying much on behalf of God. But the other consequence of this answer is far more interesting. If we accept then that God doesn"t have a belief in a being higher than himself, we must conclude that God is without belief in a supreme being and is therefore an atheist. And if he"s an atheist, (at least by the theists definition), he doesn"t belong in heaven.

- OOOOOOOOOR, we can say, God is not a human being, thus does not even 'believe'.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
missmedic
Posts: 387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 6:08:34 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 6:01:30 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 2/17/2016 5:58:30 AM, missmedic wrote:
We might answer in one of two ways.

Firstly, if we are to answer that God is also a believer and has a faith (as is required of mankind before he may enter heaven), then we can see from the outset, that even with our most basic definition of God, that this isn"t going to work out. God, in this case, would believe in a higher more powerful entity than himself, and we must conclude that this God is in fact not the God we imagined him to be, as there is a being higher than himself. This line of reasoning then becomes absurd, because it inevitably results in an infinite regression of Gods, each of whom have a higher authority before them.

Secondly, if we are to answer that God believes in no higher authority, only in himself; then we may say that all self-aware beings must of necessity believe in themselves. So this isn"t saying much on behalf of God. But the other consequence of this answer is far more interesting. If we accept then that God doesn"t have a belief in a being higher than himself, we must conclude that God is without belief in a supreme being and is therefore an atheist. And if he"s an atheist, (at least by the theists definition), he doesn"t belong in heaven.

- OOOOOOOOOR, we can say, God is not a human being, thus does not even 'believe'.

If one knows that God exists, then one should strive to be like God. And if god does not believe then we should not.
bulproof
Posts: 25,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 6:29:01 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 5:58:30 AM, missmedic wrote:
We might answer in one of two ways.

Firstly, if we are to answer that God is also a believer and has a faith (as is required of mankind before he may enter heaven), then we can see from the outset, that even with our most basic definition of God, that this isn"t going to work out. God, in this case, would believe in a higher more powerful entity than himself, and we must conclude that this God is in fact not the God we imagined him to be, as there is a being higher than himself. This line of reasoning then becomes absurd, because it inevitably results in an infinite regression of Gods, each of whom have a higher authority before them.

Secondly, if we are to answer that God believes in no higher authority, only in himself; then we may say that all self-aware beings must of necessity believe in themselves. So this isn"t saying much on behalf of God. But the other consequence of this answer is far more interesting. If we accept then that God doesn"t have a belief in a being higher than himself, we must conclude that God is without belief in a supreme being and is therefore an atheist. And if he"s an atheist, (at least by the theists definition), he doesn"t belong in heaven.
Gods believe in an invisible leprechaun that will grant wishes if you ask him politely enough who lives under a toadstool in dhardage's back yard.
There's no evidence they just take it on faith.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Posts: 25,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 6:31:30 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 6:01:30 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 2/17/2016 5:58:30 AM, missmedic wrote:
We might answer in one of two ways.

Firstly, if we are to answer that God is also a believer and has a faith (as is required of mankind before he may enter heaven), then we can see from the outset, that even with our most basic definition of God, that this isn"t going to work out. God, in this case, would believe in a higher more powerful entity than himself, and we must conclude that this God is in fact not the God we imagined him to be, as there is a being higher than himself. This line of reasoning then becomes absurd, because it inevitably results in an infinite regression of Gods, each of whom have a higher authority before them.

Secondly, if we are to answer that God believes in no higher authority, only in himself; then we may say that all self-aware beings must of necessity believe in themselves. So this isn"t saying much on behalf of God. But the other consequence of this answer is far more interesting. If we accept then that God doesn"t have a belief in a being higher than himself, we must conclude that God is without belief in a supreme being and is therefore an atheist. And if he"s an atheist, (at least by the theists definition), he doesn"t belong in heaven.

- OOOOOOOOOR, we can say, God is not a human being, thus does not even 'believe'.

OOOOOOOOOR, we can say, God does not exist, thus cannot even 'believe'.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
ssadi
Posts: 324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 6:54:59 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 6:08:34 AM, missmedic wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:01:30 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 2/17/2016 5:58:30 AM, missmedic wrote:
We might answer in one of two ways.

Firstly, if we are to answer that God is also a believer and has a faith (as is required of mankind before he may enter heaven), then we can see from the outset, that even with our most basic definition of God, that this isn"t going to work out. God, in this case, would believe in a higher more powerful entity than himself, and we must conclude that this God is in fact not the God we imagined him to be, as there is a being higher than himself. This line of reasoning then becomes absurd, because it inevitably results in an infinite regression of Gods, each of whom have a higher authority before them.

Secondly, if we are to answer that God believes in no higher authority, only in himself; then we may say that all self-aware beings must of necessity believe in themselves. So this isn"t saying much on behalf of God. But the other consequence of this answer is far more interesting. If we accept then that God doesn"t have a belief in a being higher than himself, we must conclude that God is without belief in a supreme being and is therefore an atheist. And if he"s an atheist, (at least by the theists definition), he doesn"t belong in heaven.

- OOOOOOOOOR, we can say, God is not a human being, thus does not even 'believe'.

If one knows that God exists, then one should strive to be like God. And if god does not believe then we should not.

Trying to be smart? :)

[1]

If God knows there is no other god/s, then why should He believe? He is omniscient, He would know that for sure. You are not, you wouldn't know that God doesn't exist for sure! Don't even try to be smart at this point.. :)

[2]

You know that your father and mother exist. Do you strive to be like both of them at the same time in all aspects? Think about it!

[3]

-God has no gender -> how can you strive to be like God?
-God has no (biological) son, father or mother, brothers or sisters, no partners etc. -> how can you strive to be like God?

The list can go on.. -> how can you strive to be like God?

-God is Just. -> We should be as just as we can!
-God is Good. -> We should be as good as we can!
-God is All-Knowing. -> We should learn as much as we can!
-God is Merciful. -> We should show mercy as much as we can when necessary!

The list can go on...

Do you see the difference?

[4]

Your claim is as follows:

If food has mind and knows that the cook exists, then it should strive to be like cook!.. Do you now see how nonsensical that is?

Don't compare apples and pain! Yeah, what you claim is much more nonsensical than this.
Or were they created without anything being before them (or out of something different than the basic material of all creation, so that they know things others do not), or are they the creators (of themselves, so that they can maintain themselves and are free in their acts)? Or did they create the heavens and the earth (so that their sovereignty belongs to them)? No indeed. Rather, they have no certain knowledge (about creation, humankind, and the basic facts concerning them).

Quran, 52:35-36
ssadi
Posts: 324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 6:57:33 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 6:31:30 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:01:30 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 2/17/2016 5:58:30 AM, missmedic wrote:
We might answer in one of two ways.

Firstly, if we are to answer that God is also a believer and has a faith (as is required of mankind before he may enter heaven), then we can see from the outset, that even with our most basic definition of God, that this isn"t going to work out. God, in this case, would believe in a higher more powerful entity than himself, and we must conclude that this God is in fact not the God we imagined him to be, as there is a being higher than himself. This line of reasoning then becomes absurd, because it inevitably results in an infinite regression of Gods, each of whom have a higher authority before them.

Secondly, if we are to answer that God believes in no higher authority, only in himself; then we may say that all self-aware beings must of necessity believe in themselves. So this isn"t saying much on behalf of God. But the other consequence of this answer is far more interesting. If we accept then that God doesn"t have a belief in a being higher than himself, we must conclude that God is without belief in a supreme being and is therefore an atheist. And if he"s an atheist, (at least by the theists definition), he doesn"t belong in heaven.

- OOOOOOOOOR, we can say, God is not a human being, thus does not even 'believe'.

OOOOOOOOOR, we can say, God does not exist, thus cannot even 'believe'.

How can you know that?
Or were they created without anything being before them (or out of something different than the basic material of all creation, so that they know things others do not), or are they the creators (of themselves, so that they can maintain themselves and are free in their acts)? Or did they create the heavens and the earth (so that their sovereignty belongs to them)? No indeed. Rather, they have no certain knowledge (about creation, humankind, and the basic facts concerning them).

Quran, 52:35-36
missmedic
Posts: 387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 7:01:05 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 6:54:59 AM, ssadi wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:08:34 AM, missmedic wrote:

If one knows that God exists, then one should strive to be like God. And if god does not believe then we should not.

Trying to be smart? :)

[1]

If God knows there is no other god/s, then why should He believe? He is omniscient, He would know that for sure. You are not, you wouldn't know that God doesn't exist for sure! Don't even try to be smart at this point.. :)

[2]

You know that your father and mother exist. Do you strive to be like both of them at the same time in all aspects? Think about it!

[3]

-God has no gender -> how can you strive to be like God?
-God has no (biological) son, father or mother, brothers or sisters, no partners etc. -> how can you strive to be like God?

The list can go on.. -> how can you strive to be like God?

-God is Just. -> We should be as just as we can!
-God is Good. -> We should be as good as we can!
-God is All-Knowing. -> We should learn as much as we can!
-God is Merciful. -> We should show mercy as much as we can when necessary!

The list can go on...

Do you see the difference?

[4]

Your claim is as follows:

If food has mind and knows that the cook exists, then it should strive to be like cook!.. Do you now see how nonsensical that is?

Don't compare apples and pain! Yeah, what you claim is much more nonsensical than this.

According to the bible we are to emulate God... .....emulate;
match or surpass (a person or achievement), typically by imitation.
bulproof
Posts: 25,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 7:03:58 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 6:54:59 AM, ssadi wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:08:34 AM, missmedic wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:01:30 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 2/17/2016 5:58:30 AM, missmedic wrote:
We might answer in one of two ways.

Firstly, if we are to answer that God is also a believer and has a faith (as is required of mankind before he may enter heaven), then we can see from the outset, that even with our most basic definition of God, that this isn"t going to work out. God, in this case, would believe in a higher more powerful entity than himself, and we must conclude that this God is in fact not the God we imagined him to be, as there is a being higher than himself. This line of reasoning then becomes absurd, because it inevitably results in an infinite regression of Gods, each of whom have a higher authority before them.

Secondly, if we are to answer that God believes in no higher authority, only in himself; then we may say that all self-aware beings must of necessity believe in themselves. So this isn"t saying much on behalf of God. But the other consequence of this answer is far more interesting. If we accept then that God doesn"t have a belief in a being higher than himself, we must conclude that God is without belief in a supreme being and is therefore an atheist. And if he"s an atheist, (at least by the theists definition), he doesn"t belong in heaven.

- OOOOOOOOOR, we can say, God is not a human being, thus does not even 'believe'.

If one knows that God exists, then one should strive to be like God. And if god does not believe then we should not.

Trying to be smart? :)

[1]

If God knows there is no other god/s, then why should He believe? He is omniscient, He would know that for sure. You are not, you wouldn't know that God doesn't exist for sure! Don't even try to be smart at this point.. :)

[2]

You know that your father and mother exist. Do you strive to be like both of them at the same time in all aspects? Think about it!

[3]

-God has no gender -> how can you strive to be like God?
-God has no (biological) son, father or mother, brothers or sisters, no partners etc. -> how can you strive to be like God?

The list can go on.. -> how can you strive to be like God?

-God is Just. -> We should be as just as we can!
-God is Good. -> We should be as good as we can!
-God is All-Knowing. -> We should learn as much as we can!
-God is Merciful. -> We should show mercy as much as we can when necessary!

The list can go on...

Do you see the difference?

[4]

Your claim is as follows:

If food has mind and knows that the cook exists, then it should strive to be like cook!.. Do you now see how nonsensical that is?

Don't compare apples and pain! Yeah, what you claim is much more nonsensical than this.
It would seem that you are the universes go to man regarding nonsense, you must have been granted that title by the other god, Satan. Or do you have another excuse?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
ssadi
Posts: 324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 7:14:28 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 7:01:05 AM, missmedic wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:54:59 AM, ssadi wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:08:34 AM, missmedic wrote:

If one knows that God exists, then one should strive to be like God. And if god does not believe then we should not.

Trying to be smart? :)

[1]

If God knows there is no other god/s, then why should He believe? He is omniscient, He would know that for sure. You are not, you wouldn't know that God doesn't exist for sure! Don't even try to be smart at this point.. :)

[2]

You know that your father and mother exist. Do you strive to be like both of them at the same time in all aspects? Think about it!

[3]

-God has no gender -> how can you strive to be like God?
-God has no (biological) son, father or mother, brothers or sisters, no partners etc. -> how can you strive to be like God?

The list can go on.. -> how can you strive to be like God?

-God is Just. -> We should be as just as we can!
-God is Good. -> We should be as good as we can!
-God is All-Knowing. -> We should learn as much as we can!
-God is Merciful. -> We should show mercy as much as we can when necessary!

The list can go on...

Do you see the difference?

[4]

Your claim is as follows:

If food has mind and knows that the cook exists, then it should strive to be like cook!.. Do you now see how nonsensical that is?

Don't compare apples and pain! Yeah, what you claim is much more nonsensical than this.

According to the bible we are to emulate God... .....emulate;
match or surpass (a person or achievement), typically by imitation.

I am not talking about God according to the bible.. :)
Or were they created without anything being before them (or out of something different than the basic material of all creation, so that they know things others do not), or are they the creators (of themselves, so that they can maintain themselves and are free in their acts)? Or did they create the heavens and the earth (so that their sovereignty belongs to them)? No indeed. Rather, they have no certain knowledge (about creation, humankind, and the basic facts concerning them).

Quran, 52:35-36
ssadi
Posts: 324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 7:15:31 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 7:01:05 AM, missmedic wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:54:59 AM, ssadi wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:08:34 AM, missmedic wrote:

If one knows that God exists, then one should strive to be like God. And if god does not believe then we should not.

Trying to be smart? :)

[1]

If God knows there is no other god/s, then why should He believe? He is omniscient, He would know that for sure. You are not, you wouldn't know that God doesn't exist for sure! Don't even try to be smart at this point.. :)

[2]

You know that your father and mother exist. Do you strive to be like both of them at the same time in all aspects? Think about it!

[3]

-God has no gender -> how can you strive to be like God?
-God has no (biological) son, father or mother, brothers or sisters, no partners etc. -> how can you strive to be like God?

The list can go on.. -> how can you strive to be like God?

-God is Just. -> We should be as just as we can!
-God is Good. -> We should be as good as we can!
-God is All-Knowing. -> We should learn as much as we can!
-God is Merciful. -> We should show mercy as much as we can when necessary!

The list can go on...

Do you see the difference?

[4]

Your claim is as follows:

If food has mind and knows that the cook exists, then it should strive to be like cook!.. Do you now see how nonsensical that is?

Don't compare apples and pain! Yeah, what you claim is much more nonsensical than this.

According to the bible we are to emulate God... .....emulate;
match or surpass (a person or achievement), typically by imitation.

And besides, imitation in what aspects? Not all for sure!
Or were they created without anything being before them (or out of something different than the basic material of all creation, so that they know things others do not), or are they the creators (of themselves, so that they can maintain themselves and are free in their acts)? Or did they create the heavens and the earth (so that their sovereignty belongs to them)? No indeed. Rather, they have no certain knowledge (about creation, humankind, and the basic facts concerning them).

Quran, 52:35-36
ssadi
Posts: 324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 7:17:50 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 7:03:58 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:54:59 AM, ssadi wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:08:34 AM, missmedic wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:01:30 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 2/17/2016 5:58:30 AM, missmedic wrote:
We might answer in one of two ways.

Firstly, if we are to answer that God is also a believer and has a faith (as is required of mankind before he may enter heaven), then we can see from the outset, that even with our most basic definition of God, that this isn"t going to work out. God, in this case, would believe in a higher more powerful entity than himself, and we must conclude that this God is in fact not the God we imagined him to be, as there is a being higher than himself. This line of reasoning then becomes absurd, because it inevitably results in an infinite regression of Gods, each of whom have a higher authority before them.

Secondly, if we are to answer that God believes in no higher authority, only in himself; then we may say that all self-aware beings must of necessity believe in themselves. So this isn"t saying much on behalf of God. But the other consequence of this answer is far more interesting. If we accept then that God doesn"t have a belief in a being higher than himself, we must conclude that God is without belief in a supreme being and is therefore an atheist. And if he"s an atheist, (at least by the theists definition), he doesn"t belong in heaven.

- OOOOOOOOOR, we can say, God is not a human being, thus does not even 'believe'.

If one knows that God exists, then one should strive to be like God. And if god does not believe then we should not.

Trying to be smart? :)

[1]

If God knows there is no other god/s, then why should He believe? He is omniscient, He would know that for sure. You are not, you wouldn't know that God doesn't exist for sure! Don't even try to be smart at this point.. :)

[2]

You know that your father and mother exist. Do you strive to be like both of them at the same time in all aspects? Think about it!

[3]

-God has no gender -> how can you strive to be like God?
-God has no (biological) son, father or mother, brothers or sisters, no partners etc. -> how can you strive to be like God?

The list can go on.. -> how can you strive to be like God?

-God is Just. -> We should be as just as we can!
-God is Good. -> We should be as good as we can!
-God is All-Knowing. -> We should learn as much as we can!
-God is Merciful. -> We should show mercy as much as we can when necessary!

The list can go on...

Do you see the difference?

[4]

Your claim is as follows:

If food has mind and knows that the cook exists, then it should strive to be like cook!.. Do you now see how nonsensical that is?

Don't compare apples and pain! Yeah, what you claim is much more nonsensical than this.
It would seem that you are the universes go to man regarding nonsense, you must have been granted that title by the other god, Satan. Or do you have another excuse?

Satan is a creature created by God, according to all Abrahamic religions. Your point is senseless!
Or were they created without anything being before them (or out of something different than the basic material of all creation, so that they know things others do not), or are they the creators (of themselves, so that they can maintain themselves and are free in their acts)? Or did they create the heavens and the earth (so that their sovereignty belongs to them)? No indeed. Rather, they have no certain knowledge (about creation, humankind, and the basic facts concerning them).

Quran, 52:35-36
Gentorev
Posts: 2,909
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 7:20:25 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 7:03:58 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:54:59 AM, ssadi wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:08:34 AM, missmedic wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:01:30 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 2/17/2016 5:58:30 AM, missmedic wrote:
We might answer in one of two ways.

Firstly, if we are to answer that God is also a believer and has a faith (as is required of mankind before he may enter heaven), then we can see from the outset, that even with our most basic definition of God, that this isn"t going to work out. God, in this case, would believe in a higher more powerful entity than himself, and we must conclude that this God is in fact not the God we imagined him to be, as there is a being higher than himself. This line of reasoning then becomes absurd, because it inevitably results in an infinite regression of Gods, each of whom have a higher authority before them.

Secondly, if we are to answer that God believes in no higher authority, only in himself; then we may say that all self-aware beings must of necessity believe in themselves. So this isn"t saying much on behalf of God. But the other consequence of this answer is far more interesting. If we accept then that God doesn"t have a belief in a being higher than himself, we must conclude that God is without belief in a supreme being and is therefore an atheist. And if he"s an atheist, (at least by the theists definition), he doesn"t belong in heaven.

- OOOOOOOOOR, we can say, God is not a human being, thus does not even 'believe'.

If one knows that God exists, then one should strive to be like God. And if god does not believe then we should not.

Trying to be smart? :)

[1]

If God knows there is no other god/s, then why should He believe? He is omniscient, He would know that for sure. You are not, you wouldn't know that God doesn't exist for sure! Don't even try to be smart at this point.. :)

[2]

You know that your father and mother exist. Do you strive to be like both of them at the same time in all aspects? Think about it!

[3]

-God has no gender -> how can you strive to be like God?
-God has no (biological) son, father or mother, brothers or sisters, no partners etc. -> how can you strive to be like God?

The list can go on.. -> how can you strive to be like God?

-God is Just. -> We should be as just as we can!
-God is Good. -> We should be as good as we can!
-God is All-Knowing. -> We should learn as much as we can!
-God is Merciful. -> We should show mercy as much as we can when necessary!

The list can go on...

Do you see the difference?

[4]

Your claim is as follows:

If food has mind and knows that the cook exists, then it should strive to be like cook!.. Do you now see how nonsensical that is?

Don't compare apples and pain! Yeah, what you claim is much more nonsensical than this.
It would seem that you are the universes go to man regarding nonsense, you must have been granted that title by the other god, Satan. Or do you have another excuse?

Nah! I think that she's just a confused sheila, who has no interest in men or religion, but like yourself, loves to haunt religious forums. I could be wrong though.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 7:25:12 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 5:58:30 AM, missmedic wrote:
We might answer in one of two ways.

Firstly, if we are to answer that God is also a believer and has a faith (as is required of mankind before he may enter heaven), then we can see from the outset, that even with our most basic definition of God, that this isn"t going to work out. God, in this case, would believe in a higher more powerful entity than himself, and we must conclude that this God is in fact not the God we imagined him to be, as there is a being higher than himself. This line of reasoning then becomes absurd, because it inevitably results in an infinite regression of Gods, each of whom have a higher authority before them.

It is not absurd at all since it results in infinite regress. Infinite regress simply implies LIFE is eternal. The father has a son and the son becomes the father who also has a son who becomes the father etc etc etc . The idea is that the mature is superior to the immature. The immature must pass away/die in order to become the mature.
The Father figure is not an individual person but rather a concept of maturity which is the ultimate authority that encourages the immature to become mature by setting a mature example.
It is not about having faith in another person but rather about having faith in maturity which is a state of being, not a character.

Secondly, if we are to answer that God believes in no higher authority, only in himself; then we may say that all self-aware beings must of necessity believe in themselves. So this isn"t saying much on behalf of God. But the other consequence of this answer is far more interesting. If we accept then that God doesn"t have a belief in a being higher than himself, we must conclude that God is without belief in a supreme being and is therefore an atheist. And if he"s an atheist, (at least by the theists definition), he doesn"t belong in heaven.

All self aware humans do tend to believe their own thoughts and reasoning even if those thoughts and reasoning have been adopted and accepted from other people and are nothing unique.
God believes in no other gods than himself according to scripture.
Isaiah 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isaiah 44:8 .............. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Psalm 53:1 ........................The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. ( beside himself ) .......

Gods sets an examplke we all should follow.
If we all said the same as what God said, ie. "Beside me there is no God, I know not any " ...... according to the scriptures we would be speaking the TRUTH since we would be speaking the same TRUTH that God spoke and it would not be us speaking but the Father ( God) in us speaking.

Matt 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

Therefore the atheists are speaking the TRUTH of God and the theists are not.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,865
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 9:32:18 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 5:58:30 AM, missmedic wrote:
We might answer in one of two ways.

Firstly, if we are to answer that God is also a believer and has a faith (as is required of mankind before he may enter heaven), then we can see from the outset, that even with our most basic definition of God, that this isn"t going to work out. God, in this case, would believe in a higher more powerful entity than himself, and we must conclude that this God is in fact not the God we imagined him to be, as there is a being higher than himself. This line of reasoning then becomes absurd, because it inevitably results in an infinite regression of Gods, each of whom have a higher authority before them.

Secondly, if we are to answer that God believes in no higher authority, only in himself; then we may say that all self-aware beings must of necessity believe in themselves. So this isn"t saying much on behalf of God. But the other consequence of this answer is far more interesting. If we accept then that God doesn"t have a belief in a being higher than himself, we must conclude that God is without belief in a supreme being and is therefore an atheist. And if he"s an atheist, (at least by the theists definition), he doesn"t belong in heaven.
You missed the short bus to logic school didn't you? This circular reasoning is patently absurd. Here's a hint,
"If we accept then that God doesn"t have a belief in a being higher than himself, we must conclude that God is without belief in a supreme being and is therefore an atheist."
Basically you claim God doesn't know of his own existence. Because you know, I'm pretty sure God does have a "belief" in a supreme being, God knows there is one. God knows there is a supreme being, God. You didn't really think this through very well. It's filled with equivocation.
bulproof
Posts: 25,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 10:02:59 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 7:17:50 AM, ssadi wrote:
At 2/17/2016 7:03:58 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:54:59 AM, ssadi wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:08:34 AM, missmedic wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:01:30 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 2/17/2016 5:58:30 AM, missmedic wrote:
We might answer in one of two ways.

Firstly, if we are to answer that God is also a believer and has a faith (as is required of mankind before he may enter heaven), then we can see from the outset, that even with our most basic definition of God, that this isn"t going to work out. God, in this case, would believe in a higher more powerful entity than himself, and we must conclude that this God is in fact not the God we imagined him to be, as there is a being higher than himself. This line of reasoning then becomes absurd, because it inevitably results in an infinite regression of Gods, each of whom have a higher authority before them.

Secondly, if we are to answer that God believes in no higher authority, only in himself; then we may say that all self-aware beings must of necessity believe in themselves. So this isn"t saying much on behalf of God. But the other consequence of this answer is far more interesting. If we accept then that God doesn"t have a belief in a being higher than himself, we must conclude that God is without belief in a supreme being and is therefore an atheist. And if he"s an atheist, (at least by the theists definition), he doesn"t belong in heaven.

- OOOOOOOOOR, we can say, God is not a human being, thus does not even 'believe'.

If one knows that God exists, then one should strive to be like God. And if god does not believe then we should not.

Trying to be smart? :)

[1]

If God knows there is no other god/s, then why should He believe? He is omniscient, He would know that for sure. You are not, you wouldn't know that God doesn't exist for sure! Don't even try to be smart at this point.. :)

[2]

You know that your father and mother exist. Do you strive to be like both of them at the same time in all aspects? Think about it!

[3]

-God has no gender -> how can you strive to be like God?
-God has no (biological) son, father or mother, brothers or sisters, no partners etc. -> how can you strive to be like God?

The list can go on.. -> how can you strive to be like God?

-God is Just. -> We should be as just as we can!
-God is Good. -> We should be as good as we can!
-God is All-Knowing. -> We should learn as much as we can!
-God is Merciful. -> We should show mercy as much as we can when necessary!

The list can go on...

Do you see the difference?

[4]

Your claim is as follows:

If food has mind and knows that the cook exists, then it should strive to be like cook!.. Do you now see how nonsensical that is?

Don't compare apples and pain! Yeah, what you claim is much more nonsensical than this.
It would seem that you are the universes go to man regarding nonsense, you must have been granted that title by the other god, Satan. Or do you have another excuse?

Satan is a creature created by God, according to all Abrahamic religions. Your point is senseless!
Don't you mean nonsense?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
ssadi
Posts: 324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 11:15:45 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 10:02:59 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 7:17:50 AM, ssadi wrote:
At 2/17/2016 7:03:58 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:54:59 AM, ssadi wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:08:34 AM, missmedic wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:01:30 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 2/17/2016 5:58:30 AM, missmedic wrote:
We might answer in one of two ways.

Firstly, if we are to answer that God is also a believer and has a faith (as is required of mankind before he may enter heaven), then we can see from the outset, that even with our most basic definition of God, that this isn"t going to work out. God, in this case, would believe in a higher more powerful entity than himself, and we must conclude that this God is in fact not the God we imagined him to be, as there is a being higher than himself. This line of reasoning then becomes absurd, because it inevitably results in an infinite regression of Gods, each of whom have a higher authority before them.

Secondly, if we are to answer that God believes in no higher authority, only in himself; then we may say that all self-aware beings must of necessity believe in themselves. So this isn"t saying much on behalf of God. But the other consequence of this answer is far more interesting. If we accept then that God doesn"t have a belief in a being higher than himself, we must conclude that God is without belief in a supreme being and is therefore an atheist. And if he"s an atheist, (at least by the theists definition), he doesn"t belong in heaven.

- OOOOOOOOOR, we can say, God is not a human being, thus does not even 'believe'.

If one knows that God exists, then one should strive to be like God. And if god does not believe then we should not.

Trying to be smart? :)

[1]

If God knows there is no other god/s, then why should He believe? He is omniscient, He would know that for sure. You are not, you wouldn't know that God doesn't exist for sure! Don't even try to be smart at this point.. :)

[2]

You know that your father and mother exist. Do you strive to be like both of them at the same time in all aspects? Think about it!

[3]

-God has no gender -> how can you strive to be like God?
-God has no (biological) son, father or mother, brothers or sisters, no partners etc. -> how can you strive to be like God?

The list can go on.. -> how can you strive to be like God?

-God is Just. -> We should be as just as we can!
-God is Good. -> We should be as good as we can!
-God is All-Knowing. -> We should learn as much as we can!
-God is Merciful. -> We should show mercy as much as we can when necessary!

The list can go on...

Do you see the difference?

[4]

Your claim is as follows:

If food has mind and knows that the cook exists, then it should strive to be like cook!.. Do you now see how nonsensical that is?

Don't compare apples and pain! Yeah, what you claim is much more nonsensical than this.
It would seem that you are the universes go to man regarding nonsense, you must have been granted that title by the other god, Satan. Or do you have another excuse?

Satan is a creature created by God, according to all Abrahamic religions. Your point is senseless!
Don't you mean nonsense?

Was checking if you really read before you reply... :)

Just kidding..

Yes, I mean nonsense. What is the problem with that?
Or were they created without anything being before them (or out of something different than the basic material of all creation, so that they know things others do not), or are they the creators (of themselves, so that they can maintain themselves and are free in their acts)? Or did they create the heavens and the earth (so that their sovereignty belongs to them)? No indeed. Rather, they have no certain knowledge (about creation, humankind, and the basic facts concerning them).

Quran, 52:35-36
bulproof
Posts: 25,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 11:36:51 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 11:15:45 AM, ssadi wrote:
At 2/17/2016 10:02:59 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 7:17:50 AM, ssadi wrote:
At 2/17/2016 7:03:58 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:54:59 AM, ssadi wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:08:34 AM, missmedic wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:01:30 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 2/17/2016 5:58:30 AM, missmedic wrote:
We might answer in one of two ways.

Firstly, if we are to answer that God is also a believer and has a faith (as is required of mankind before he may enter heaven), then we can see from the outset, that even with our most basic definition of God, that this isn"t going to work out. God, in this case, would believe in a higher more powerful entity than himself, and we must conclude that this God is in fact not the God we imagined him to be, as there is a being higher than himself. This line of reasoning then becomes absurd, because it inevitably results in an infinite regression of Gods, each of whom have a higher authority before them.

Secondly, if we are to answer that God believes in no higher authority, only in himself; then we may say that all self-aware beings must of necessity believe in themselves. So this isn"t saying much on behalf of God. But the other consequence of this answer is far more interesting. If we accept then that God doesn"t have a belief in a being higher than himself, we must conclude that God is without belief in a supreme being and is therefore an atheist. And if he"s an atheist, (at least by the theists definition), he doesn"t belong in heaven.

- OOOOOOOOOR, we can say, God is not a human being, thus does not even 'believe'.

If one knows that God exists, then one should strive to be like God. And if god does not believe then we should not.

Trying to be smart? :)

[1]

If God knows there is no other god/s, then why should He believe? He is omniscient, He would know that for sure. You are not, you wouldn't know that God doesn't exist for sure! Don't even try to be smart at this point.. :)

[2]

You know that your father and mother exist. Do you strive to be like both of them at the same time in all aspects? Think about it!

[3]

-God has no gender -> how can you strive to be like God?
-God has no (biological) son, father or mother, brothers or sisters, no partners etc. -> how can you strive to be like God?

The list can go on.. -> how can you strive to be like God?

-God is Just. -> We should be as just as we can!
-God is Good. -> We should be as good as we can!
-God is All-Knowing. -> We should learn as much as we can!
-God is Merciful. -> We should show mercy as much as we can when necessary!

The list can go on...

Do you see the difference?

[4]

Your claim is as follows:

If food has mind and knows that the cook exists, then it should strive to be like cook!.. Do you now see how nonsensical that is?

Don't compare apples and pain! Yeah, what you claim is much more nonsensical than this.
It would seem that you are the universes go to man regarding nonsense, you must have been granted that title by the other god, Satan. Or do you have another excuse?

Satan is a creature created by God, according to all Abrahamic religions. Your point is senseless!
Don't you mean nonsense?

Was checking if you really read before you reply... :)

Just kidding..

Yes, I mean nonsense. What is the problem with that?
Never mind, I think my point is made.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
ssadi
Posts: 324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 11:49:56 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 11:36:51 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:15:45 AM, ssadi wrote:
At 2/17/2016 10:02:59 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 7:17:50 AM, ssadi wrote:
At 2/17/2016 7:03:58 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:54:59 AM, ssadi wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:08:34 AM, missmedic wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:01:30 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 2/17/2016 5:58:30 AM, missmedic wrote:
We might answer in one of two ways.

Firstly, if we are to answer that God is also a believer and has a faith (as is required of mankind before he may enter heaven), then we can see from the outset, that even with our most basic definition of God, that this isn"t going to work out. God, in this case, would believe in a higher more powerful entity than himself, and we must conclude that this God is in fact not the God we imagined him to be, as there is a being higher than himself. This line of reasoning then becomes absurd, because it inevitably results in an infinite regression of Gods, each of whom have a higher authority before them.

Secondly, if we are to answer that God believes in no higher authority, only in himself; then we may say that all self-aware beings must of necessity believe in themselves. So this isn"t saying much on behalf of God. But the other consequence of this answer is far more interesting. If we accept then that God doesn"t have a belief in a being higher than himself, we must conclude that God is without belief in a supreme being and is therefore an atheist. And if he"s an atheist, (at least by the theists definition), he doesn"t belong in heaven.

- OOOOOOOOOR, we can say, God is not a human being, thus does not even 'believe'.

If one knows that God exists, then one should strive to be like God. And if god does not believe then we should not.

Trying to be smart? :)

[1]

If God knows there is no other god/s, then why should He believe? He is omniscient, He would know that for sure. You are not, you wouldn't know that God doesn't exist for sure! Don't even try to be smart at this point.. :)

[2]

You know that your father and mother exist. Do you strive to be like both of them at the same time in all aspects? Think about it!

[3]

-God has no gender -> how can you strive to be like God?
-God has no (biological) son, father or mother, brothers or sisters, no partners etc. -> how can you strive to be like God?

The list can go on.. -> how can you strive to be like God?

-God is Just. -> We should be as just as we can!
-God is Good. -> We should be as good as we can!
-God is All-Knowing. -> We should learn as much as we can!
-God is Merciful. -> We should show mercy as much as we can when necessary!

The list can go on...

Do you see the difference?

[4]

Your claim is as follows:

If food has mind and knows that the cook exists, then it should strive to be like cook!.. Do you now see how nonsensical that is?

Don't compare apples and pain! Yeah, what you claim is much more nonsensical than this.
It would seem that you are the universes go to man regarding nonsense, you must have been granted that title by the other god, Satan. Or do you have another excuse?

Satan is a creature created by God, according to all Abrahamic religions. Your point is senseless!
Don't you mean nonsense?

Was checking if you really read before you reply... :)

Just kidding..

Yes, I mean nonsense. What is the problem with that?
Never mind, I think my point is made.

Good for you! :)

Senseless: "nonsensical or meaningless, as words"

Def. 4 in http://dictionary.reference.com...
Or were they created without anything being before them (or out of something different than the basic material of all creation, so that they know things others do not), or are they the creators (of themselves, so that they can maintain themselves and are free in their acts)? Or did they create the heavens and the earth (so that their sovereignty belongs to them)? No indeed. Rather, they have no certain knowledge (about creation, humankind, and the basic facts concerning them).

Quran, 52:35-36
ssadi
Posts: 324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 11:58:32 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 11:36:51 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:15:45 AM, ssadi wrote:
At 2/17/2016 10:02:59 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 7:17:50 AM, ssadi wrote:
At 2/17/2016 7:03:58 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:54:59 AM, ssadi wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:08:34 AM, missmedic wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:01:30 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 2/17/2016 5:58:30 AM, missmedic wrote:
We might answer in one of two ways.

Firstly, if we are to answer that God is also a believer and has a faith (as is required of mankind before he may enter heaven), then we can see from the outset, that even with our most basic definition of God, that this isn"t going to work out. God, in this case, would believe in a higher more powerful entity than himself, and we must conclude that this God is in fact not the God we imagined him to be, as there is a being higher than himself. This line of reasoning then becomes absurd, because it inevitably results in an infinite regression of Gods, each of whom have a higher authority before them.

Secondly, if we are to answer that God believes in no higher authority, only in himself; then we may say that all self-aware beings must of necessity believe in themselves. So this isn"t saying much on behalf of God. But the other consequence of this answer is far more interesting. If we accept then that God doesn"t have a belief in a being higher than himself, we must conclude that God is without belief in a supreme being and is therefore an atheist. And if he"s an atheist, (at least by the theists definition), he doesn"t belong in heaven.

- OOOOOOOOOR, we can say, God is not a human being, thus does not even 'believe'.

If one knows that God exists, then one should strive to be like God. And if god does not believe then we should not.

Trying to be smart? :)

[1]

If God knows there is no other god/s, then why should He believe? He is omniscient, He would know that for sure. You are not, you wouldn't know that God doesn't exist for sure! Don't even try to be smart at this point.. :)

[2]

You know that your father and mother exist. Do you strive to be like both of them at the same time in all aspects? Think about it!

[3]

-God has no gender -> how can you strive to be like God?
-God has no (biological) son, father or mother, brothers or sisters, no partners etc. -> how can you strive to be like God?

The list can go on.. -> how can you strive to be like God?

-God is Just. -> We should be as just as we can!
-God is Good. -> We should be as good as we can!
-God is All-Knowing. -> We should learn as much as we can!
-God is Merciful. -> We should show mercy as much as we can when necessary!

The list can go on...

Do you see the difference?

[4]

Your claim is as follows:

If food has mind and knows that the cook exists, then it should strive to be like cook!.. Do you now see how nonsensical that is?

Don't compare apples and pain! Yeah, what you claim is much more nonsensical than this.
It would seem that you are the universes go to man regarding nonsense, you must have been granted that title by the other god, Satan. Or do you have another excuse?

Satan is a creature created by God, according to all Abrahamic religions. Your point is senseless!
Don't you mean nonsense?

Was checking if you really read before you reply... :)

Just kidding..

Yes, I mean nonsense. What is the problem with that?
Never mind, I think my point is made.

And it was senseless! :)

Senseless: "nonsensical or meaningless, as words"

Def. 4 in http://dictionary.reference.com......
Or were they created without anything being before them (or out of something different than the basic material of all creation, so that they know things others do not), or are they the creators (of themselves, so that they can maintain themselves and are free in their acts)? Or did they create the heavens and the earth (so that their sovereignty belongs to them)? No indeed. Rather, they have no certain knowledge (about creation, humankind, and the basic facts concerning them).

Quran, 52:35-36
ssadi
Posts: 324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 12:13:41 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 11:36:51 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 11:15:45 AM, ssadi wrote:
At 2/17/2016 10:02:59 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 7:17:50 AM, ssadi wrote:
At 2/17/2016 7:03:58 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:54:59 AM, ssadi wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:08:34 AM, missmedic wrote:
At 2/17/2016 6:01:30 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 2/17/2016 5:58:30 AM, missmedic wrote:
We might answer in one of two ways.

Firstly, if we are to answer that God is also a believer and has a faith (as is required of mankind before he may enter heaven), then we can see from the outset, that even with our most basic definition of God, that this isn"t going to work out. God, in this case, would believe in a higher more powerful entity than himself, and we must conclude that this God is in fact not the God we imagined him to be, as there is a being higher than himself. This line of reasoning then becomes absurd, because it inevitably results in an infinite regression of Gods, each of whom have a higher authority before them.

Secondly, if we are to answer that God believes in no higher authority, only in himself; then we may say that all self-aware beings must of necessity believe in themselves. So this isn"t saying much on behalf of God. But the other consequence of this answer is far more interesting. If we accept then that God doesn"t have a belief in a being higher than himself, we must conclude that God is without belief in a supreme being and is therefore an atheist. And if he"s an atheist, (at least by the theists definition), he doesn"t belong in heaven.

- OOOOOOOOOR, we can say, God is not a human being, thus does not even 'believe'.

If one knows that God exists, then one should strive to be like God. And if god does not believe then we should not.

Trying to be smart? :)

[1]

If God knows there is no other god/s, then why should He believe? He is omniscient, He would know that for sure. You are not, you wouldn't know that God doesn't exist for sure! Don't even try to be smart at this point.. :)

[2]

You know that your father and mother exist. Do you strive to be like both of them at the same time in all aspects? Think about it!

[3]

-God has no gender -> how can you strive to be like God?
-God has no (biological) son, father or mother, brothers or sisters, no partners etc. -> how can you strive to be like God?

The list can go on.. -> how can you strive to be like God?

-God is Just. -> We should be as just as we can!
-God is Good. -> We should be as good as we can!
-God is All-Knowing. -> We should learn as much as we can!
-God is Merciful. -> We should show mercy as much as we can when necessary!

The list can go on...

Do you see the difference?

[4]

Your claim is as follows:

If food has mind and knows that the cook exists, then it should strive to be like cook!.. Do you now see how nonsensical that is?

Don't compare apples and pain! Yeah, what you claim is much more nonsensical than this.
It would seem that you are the universes go to man regarding nonsense, you must have been granted that title by the other god, Satan. Or do you have another excuse?

Satan is a creature created by God, according to all Abrahamic religions. Your point is senseless!
Don't you mean nonsense?

Was checking if you really read before you reply... :)

Just kidding..

Yes, I mean nonsense. What is the problem with that?
Never mind, I think my point is made.

Good for you! By the way what was your point?

Senseless: "nonsensical or meaningless, as words"

Def. 4 in http://dictionary.reference.com...
Or were they created without anything being before them (or out of something different than the basic material of all creation, so that they know things others do not), or are they the creators (of themselves, so that they can maintain themselves and are free in their acts)? Or did they create the heavens and the earth (so that their sovereignty belongs to them)? No indeed. Rather, they have no certain knowledge (about creation, humankind, and the basic facts concerning them).

Quran, 52:35-36
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 2:38:41 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 5:58:30 AM, missmedic wrote:
We might answer in one of two ways.

Firstly, if we are to answer that God is also a believer and has a faith (as is required of mankind before he may enter heaven), then we can see from the outset, that even with our most basic definition of God, that this isn"t going to work out. God, in this case, would believe in a higher more powerful entity than himself, and we must conclude that this God is in fact not the God we imagined him to be, as there is a being higher than himself. This line of reasoning then becomes absurd, because it inevitably results in an infinite regression of Gods, each of whom have a higher authority before them.

Secondly, if we are to answer that God believes in no higher authority, only in himself; then we may say that all self-aware beings must of necessity believe in themselves. So this isn"t saying much on behalf of God. But the other consequence of this answer is far more interesting. If we accept then that God doesn"t have a belief in a being higher than himself, we must conclude that God is without belief in a supreme being and is therefore an atheist. And if he"s an atheist, (at least by the theists definition), he doesn"t belong in heaven.

God knows that He is Creator and Judge of all things, and He is the Power. There is no faith required after the fulfillment of a thing hoped for or expected. The Lord God of Israel will honor faith in Him that He finds in men, because He is faithful, but He knows who and what He is. Fulfillment of His Word is His expectation, He doesn"t lack as men do.
missmedic
Posts: 387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 4:30:15 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
We can express this argument as follows :
1.A "god" is defined as a transcendent Creator being.
2.If it is rational, God himself disbelieves in the existence of a god (i.e. a transcendent Creator being). (from 1)
3.Either : 1.God is irrational.

1.God is an atheist. (from 2)
4.If one knows that God exists, then one should strive to be like God.
5.If one knows that God exists, then it would be irrational for one not to believe in it.
6.If one knows that God exists, then one should strive to either : 1.Not believe in God. (from 3a, 4 and 5)

1.Be an atheist. (from 3b and 4)
1.If one knows that God exists, then one should strive to be an atheist. (from 6)
Now this seems a very strange conclusion indeed. How could God be the supreme atheist and at the same time require all humanity to be believers? Is this not just a tiny double standard?
bulproof
Posts: 25,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 4:35:28 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 2:38:41 PM, DPMartin wrote:
God knows that He is Creator and Judge of all things,
Who told you this? Are you a follower of man's word?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
12_13
Posts: 1,361
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2016 6:03:15 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/17/2016 5:58:30 AM, missmedic wrote:
We might answer in one of two ways.

Firstly, if we are to answer that God is also a believer and has a faith (as is required of mankind before he may enter heaven), then we can see from the outset, that even with our most basic definition of God, that this isn"t going to work out. God, in this case, would believe in a higher more powerful entity than himself, and we must conclude that this...

I think it would be good to notice, eternal life is for righteous. Righteousness is more than believing.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

Believing is not so important, because even demons believe and it doesn"t seem to be useful.

You believe that God is one. You do well. The demons also believe, and shudder.
James 2:19

Jesus also said:

Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the Kingdom of Heaven; but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Matt. 7:21

If anyone listens to my sayings, and doesn't believe, I don't judge him. For I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. He who rejects me, and doesn't receive my sayings, has one who judges him. The word that I spoke, the same will judge him in the last day.
John 12:47-48

The judgment is by this:

This is the judgment, that the light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the light; for their works were evil. For everyone who does evil hates the light, and doesn't come to the light, lest his works would be exposed. But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his works may be revealed, that they have been done in God."
John 3:19-21

So, righteousness is the key, not belief. And even if believing would be the key, why would the rule apply to God who is the one who owns the place and is free to decide who gets life from him? God is the source of life, so He has every right to decide who gets it.