Jump to topic:

Was Jesus a Christian

Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 1:02:25 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Interesting!!!! it tool some time for the Christians to become well known, as long as 60 years of more.

First-century Christianity had no temples, built no altars, used no crucifixes, and sponsored no garbed and betitled ecclesiastics. Early Christians celebrated no state holidays and refused all military service. "A careful review of all the information available goes to show that, until the time of Marcus Aurelius [who ruled 161-180 C.E.], no Christian became a soldier; and no soldier, after becoming a Christian, remained in military service.""The Rise of Christianity, by E. Barnes, 1947, p. 333.

Christians were arrested by the Romans and used in arenas of sport because Nero had been accused of burning Rome. Nero had the Christians blamed for the event and thus the arrests occurred.

Non-Christian Testimony. Secular writers of the first two centuries also acknowledged the presence and influence of early Christians in their pagan world. For example, Tacitus, a Roman historian born about 55 C.E., tells of the rumor charging that Nero was the one responsible for burning Rome (64 C.E.), and then says: "Therefore, to scotch the rumour, Nero substituted as culprits, and punished with the utmost refinements of cruelty, a class of men, loathed for their vices [as the Romans viewed matters], whom the crowd styled Christians. . . . First, then, the confessed members of the sect were arrested; next, on their disclosures, vast numbers were convicted, not so much on the count of arson as for hatred of the human race. And derision accompanied their end: they were covered with wild beasts" skins and torn to death by dogs; or they were fastened on crosses, and, when daylight failed were burned to serve as lamps by night." (The Annals, XV, XLIV) Suetonius, another Roman historian, born toward the end of the first century C.E., relates events that occurred during Nero"s reign, saying: "Punishment was inflicted on the Christians, a class of men given to a new and mischievous superstition.""The Lives of the Caesars (Nero, XVI, 2).

Was Jesus murdered by the Jews because he was a Christian?
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 1:25:20 AM
No. He was a Jew and his religion was Judaism like his parents. He had never heard of Christianity and would be offended by the idea.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 1:29:45 AM
At 2/20/2016 1:02:25 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
Interesting!!!! it tool some time for the Christians to become well known, as long as 60 years of more.

First-century Christianity had no temples, built no altars, used no crucifixes, and sponsored no garbed and betitled ecclesiastics. Early Christians celebrated no state holidays and refused all military service. "A careful review of all the information available goes to show that, until the time of Marcus Aurelius [who ruled 161-180 C.E.], no Christian became a soldier; and no soldier, after becoming a Christian, remained in military service.""The Rise of Christianity, by E. Barnes, 1947, p. 333.

Christians were arrested by the Romans and used in arenas of sport because Nero had been accused of burning Rome. Nero had the Christians blamed for the event and thus the arrests occurred.

Non-Christian Testimony. Secular writers of the first two centuries also acknowledged the presence and influence of early Christians in their pagan world. For example, Tacitus, a Roman historian born about 55 C.E., tells of the rumor charging that Nero was the one responsible for burning Rome (64 C.E.), and then says: "Therefore, to scotch the rumour, Nero substituted as culprits, and punished with the utmost refinements of cruelty, a class of men, loathed for their vices [as the Romans viewed matters], whom the crowd styled Christians. . . . First, then, the confessed members of the sect were arrested; next, on their disclosures, vast numbers were convicted, not so much on the count of arson as for hatred of the human race. And derision accompanied their end: they were covered with wild beasts" skins and torn to death by dogs; or they were fastened on crosses, and, when daylight failed were burned to serve as lamps by night." (The Annals, XV, XLIV) Suetonius, another Roman historian, born toward the end of the first century C.E., relates events that occurred during Nero"s reign, saying: "Punishment was inflicted on the Christians, a class of men given to a new and mischievous superstition.""The Lives of the Caesars (Nero, XVI, 2).

A Christian is defined as one who obeys Christ, and the word "Christ" means "The anointed one" the one who was anointed as the successor to the throne of Godhead was Enoch, who was the chosen cornerstone to which all the spirits of the righteous were gathered in the creation of the glorious heavenly simulacrum, which is the sacrificial offering that is prepared for us.

"The Book of the Secrets of Enoch" 22: 8; "And I fell prone and bowed down to the Lord, and the Lord with his lips said to me: "Have courage, Enoch, do not fear, arise and stand before my face into eternity."

And the archistratiege Michael lifted me up, and led me before the Lord"s face.

And the Most High, (who held the ransom blood of righteous Abel) said to the glorious creatures that surrounded him, tempting them: "Let Enoch stand before my face into eternity," and the glorious creatures bowed down to the Lord, and said: "Let Enoch go [Or be released] according to Thy word." Enoch, was the first to be released.

The Great and glorious simulacrum which is the sacrifice that God has prepared for us, and of which Enoch was the chosen cornerstone, dies in the process of involution, to be the saviour of we in evolution, This he does by releasing all the righteous spirits that are He, from the least to the greatest, and Enoch was the first, but as the Lord said through his servant Jesus, "The first shall be last and the last shall be first."

And the Lord said to Michael: "Go take Enoch from out his earthly garments, and anoint him with my sweet ointment, and put him into the garments of my glory." [Enoch, the one who was anointed as the successor to the Godhead: CHRIST=The anointed one]

And Michael did thus as the Lord told him. He anointed me, and dressed me, and the appearance of that ointment is more than the great light, and his ointment is like sweet dew, and its smell mild, shining like the sun"s rays, and I looked at myself, and was like one of his glorious ones.

Genesis 5: 23; Enoch was 365 and had spent his life in fellowship with God when he disappeared because God had Taken him.

Hebrews 11: 5; "By faith Enoch was Translated (To change from one form to another) so that he should not experience death; and he was not found, because God had Translated him.

365, is the number of days in a calendar year. The Lamb of God who takes on the sins of the world is to be a one year old unblemished Lamb. Enoch is the unblemished Lamb of God.

Sandalphon is an archangel in Jewish and Christian writings. Sandalphon figures prominently in the mystical literary traditions of Rabbinic Judaism and early Christianity, notably in the Midrash, Talmud, and Kabbalah.

Some of the earliest sources on Sandalphon refer to him as the prophet Elijah transfigured and elevated to angelic status. Other sources (mainly from the midrashic period) describe him as the "twin brother" of Metatron, whose human origin as Enoch was similar to the human origin of Sandalphon.[2]

Sandalphron and Metatron are post human angels, Metatron is the name that was given to Enoch after he had been translated from a body of corruptible matter into a glorious body of incorruptible light, and Sandalphron, who is said to be Metatron"s twin=duplication, is in fact Elijah"s angelic name after he was carried up to stand before Enoch and was also transfigured.

Metatron is also mentioned in the Pseudepigrapha, most prominently in the Hebrew Book of Enoch (also called Third Enoch), in which his grand title, "the lesser YHVH" resurfaces.

The man Jesus was Obedient to the anointed one, even unto his cruel death on the stake. Jesus was the first of all Christians.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 1:35:43 AM
At 2/20/2016 1:25:20 AM, dee-em wrote:
No. He was a Jew and his religion was Judaism like his parents. He had never heard of Christianity and would be offended by the idea.

Don't try answering biblical questions mate, like all atheists, you know jackshytt.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 6:08:24 AM
At 2/20/2016 1:35:43 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Don't try answering biblical questions mate, like all atheists, you know jackshytt.
So sayeth Enoch the christian.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 6:26:10 AM

I think Jesus was Persian. Or... maybe that is the Anti-Christ... I forget.
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 6:57:35 AM

Don't start fighting yet, wait until the hashish kid gets out of his cradle, and then have a shot.
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 7:00:22 AM
The word for followers of Christ namely Christians is mentioned in the Bible and is dated a round 61 CE. The scripture is in Acts, if you cant find it I'll post it later.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 7:08:26 AM
At 2/20/2016 6:08:24 AM, bulproof wrote:

Enoch wasn't a Christian, he was the anointed one, he was the Christ. You prove over and over again that you are mentally incapable of comprehending anything that you read you little atheist ignoramus. Get going mate and crawl back into your termite nest.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 10:41:21 AM
At 2/20/2016 10:08:34 AM, dee-em wrote:
Why are the Christians so abusive and why do the moderators not take any action?

I cannot speak for others, but I am obedient to my God "WHO I AM," who told me concerning you atheists; that ......................................................................................

I must pay you back four fold
For all that you have done
I must fill your cup as you filled mine
But make it twice as strong
For all the insults you have hurled
And all the crap you've thrown
Must be repaid this very day
For these are the seed you've sown.

If you are not happy with your moderators, you can start reporting people such as bullpoof who loves using his little "F" words when referring to my God.

Myself, I've never been a title tat, but you just might be.
DPMartin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 3:27:15 PM

Jesus was put to death, crucified, by the Romans at the request of the Israelites. There is mention in scripture when people started to call followers of Jesus Christ, Christians which would be some time after Jesus returned to His Father. But at the time of Christ no one was calling anyone Christians that is documented scripturally.

But in the true follower"s view, Jesus is the fulfillment what a true follower shall become.
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 8:00:38 PM

no he was crucified for claiming equality with God...
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 10:31:49 PM
At 2/20/2016 3:27:15 PM, DPMartin wrote:

Jesus was put to death, crucified, by the Romans at the request of the Israelites. There is mention in scripture when people started to call followers of Jesus Christ, Christians which would be some time after Jesus returned to His Father. But at the time of Christ no one was calling anyone Christians that is documented scripturally.

But in the true follower"s view, Jesus is the fulfillment what a true follower shall become.

ME: 61CE in Antioch, mentioned in Acts 11:26

BUT: http://wol.jw.org... This link will show you the best historical description, with back up Biblical scriptures, that you will ever find.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 10:54:39 PM
At 2/20/2016 7:08:26 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Enoch wasn't a Christian, he was the anointed one, he was the Christ. You prove over and over again that you are mentally incapable of comprehending anything that you read you little atheist ignoramus. Get going mate and crawl back into your termite nest.

I'd rather have said this to you via PM, but you have messages blocked and haven't accepted my friend request so I'm forced to comment on this publicly.

Please avoid comments like the above, that attack another member. I understand discussions here can become heated and contentious but personal attacks aren't necessary or allowed.

if you'd like to discuss this further, please contact me via private message.
Debate.org Moderator
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 5:56:22 AM
At 2/20/2016 10:54:39 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
At 2/20/2016 7:08:26 AM, Gentorev wrote:

I'd rather have said this to you via PM, but you have messages blocked and haven't accepted my friend request so I'm forced to comment on this publicly.

Please avoid comments like the above, that attack another member. I understand discussions here can become heated and contentious but personal attacks aren't necessary or allowed.

if you'd like to discuss this further, please contact me via private message.

ME: Although I have been guilty of the retort, I agree with you completely and am going to try to keep my comments in moderation. There are some in every forum that get lost in the content of a debate and their only way of "being not left out" is to apply abuse or diatribe.
Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 6:39:49 AM
Is there any non-Biblical evidence that the Jews requested Jesus's crucifixion? All I can find is evidence that Pontius Pilate ordered it.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 9:22:42 AM
At 2/20/2016 8:00:38 PM, graceofgod wrote:

Philippians 2:6-9 New International Version (NIV) Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death"even death on a cross!

He was equal to God but refused to claim equality to God. Apparently, you're not much of a bible student, are you?
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 12:11:12 PM
At 2/21/2016 9:22:42 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Philippians 2:6-9 New International Version (NIV) Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage; rather, he made himself nothing by taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.

And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death"even death on a cross!

He was equal to God but refused to claim equality to God. Apparently, you're not much of a bible student, are you?

(NIV) New International Version. I'll say it again . New International Version. NEW VERSION. You got a NEW VERSION BIBLE.
Version : a particular form of somthing DIFFERING In certain respects from an earlier form or other forms.
NEW : produced, introduced or discovered recently or now for the fist time.
Now picture the process of differing the bible. So you got a room of god's, and a priest or a concerned member of the public knocks on the door, the gods say , you may enter, then the priest or the bloke from down the road enters , and their sits 10 of the highest , and mightiest . Priest like saints ,ever. I mean , them men shined,.
They had like a total of close to 400 sexual attacks on young boys under the age of 15. Between em .They are old men and you know what the church was like before,around 1 year ago.

The bloke from down the road or the priest,( Brother john) , from the nearby ,Eaton hills ,parish , approach the center of the room , 1 god uses his finger to call the bloke from down the road over, the bloke walks over and says.
Hey, ya see this part here, and these 2 scripture here. What ya reckon we take that small part out and change this part here with these new more indirect scripture meanings. ( he reaches to his pocket and pulls out a scrunched up piece of paper with 4 scriptures scribbled on it,) the mighty one grabs it of his hand and gestures him to leave the room.
It's got to be somthing like that right? And the 10 mighty ones can contact god personally. To get the all good.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 3:55:41 AM
At 2/20/2016 10:41:21 AM, Gentorev wrote:
Why are the Christians so abusive and why do the moderators not take any action?

I cannot speak for others, but I am obedient to my God "WHO I AM," who told me concerning you atheists; that ......................................................................................

If you are not happy with your moderators, you can start reporting people such as bullpoof who loves using his little "F" words when referring to my God.

If your god told you that, I think you have a petty, spiteful god.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 10:58:10 AM
At 2/22/2016 3:55:41 AM, matt8800 wrote:

Nope! He is and always has been an eye for an eye God. He who sheds man's blood by man must his blood be shed. As you sow, so must you reap. As you judge, so shall you be judged, etc, etc, etc.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 11:02:13 AM
At 2/22/2016 10:58:10 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 2/22/2016 3:55:41 AM, matt8800 wrote:

Nope! He is and always has been an eye for an eye God. He who sheds man's blood by man must his blood be shed. As you sow, so must you reap. As you judge, so shall you be judged, etc, etc, etc.

Is he a cult leader?
Is Jesus dead?
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 11:05:13 AM
Gentorev that post 4 up I worked pretty hard on that for you.
Can I get you thoughts big fella?
graceofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 3:35:44 PM
At 2/21/2016 9:22:42 AM, Gentorev wrote:

the Jews crucified Jesus as they believed he claimed he was equal with God, Jesus made no such claim he always gave all glory to the father....