Jump to topic:

Evangelists should never have children.

Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 3:55:48 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Having recently spoken with - and disagreed with - some "evangelists" (for this is how they described themselves) I am of the opinion that it's not Christian for them to bring children into the world.

The reason is these people promulgate the myth that when Christ returns to earth and the judgement takes place, then those not saved will be subjected to eternal anguish, pain and suffering in some form of fire.

If one truly believes this then why oh why would you ever bring a child into the world when they could ultimately make decisions which lead to them suffering this fate?

Despite their best efforts their children could well reject parental guidance and reject Christianity.

Harry.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 4:02:00 PM
At 2/20/2016 3:55:48 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
Having recently spoken with - and disagreed with - some "evangelists" (for this is how they described themselves) I am of the opinion that it's not Christian for them to bring children into the world.

The reason is these people promulgate the myth that when Christ returns to earth and the judgement takes place, then those not saved will be subjected to eternal anguish, pain and suffering in some form of fire.

If one truly believes this then why oh why would you ever bring a child into the world when they could ultimately make decisions which lead to them suffering this fate?

Despite their best efforts their children could well reject parental guidance and reject Christianity.

Harry.

I would suspect, Harry, that those evangelists probably don't believe a word they utter. They too have to deal with reality like the rest of us, regardless if they have some other notion of reality. It seems more likely those who are evangelists have never been allowed to be in positions of power, so they create that situation themselves, believing they are in a position of power, yet cannot see the impotence and irrelevance of the position they've created.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 3:20:57 AM

Harry.
So would they be rejecting parental guidance or christianity , ie are the parental beliefs christianity or not and if not then what difference does it make?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 2:37:42 PM
At 2/21/2016 3:20:57 AM, bulproof wrote:

Harry.
So would they be rejecting parental guidance or christianity , ie are the parental beliefs christianity or not and if not then what difference does it make?

It doesn't matter, the post is questioning the moral justification for bringing children into the world when the parents believe in a literal eternal punishing. What actually constitutes behavior warranting such punishment is immaterial to this discussion.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 2:46:17 PM
At 2/21/2016 2:37:42 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

Harry.

It doesn't matter, the post is questioning the moral justification for bringing children into the world when the parents believe in a literal eternal punishing. What actually constitutes behavior warranting such punishment is immaterial to this discussion.
Of course it's immaterial, that's why I didn't mention it.
Wanna try again?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 4:51:19 PM
At 2/21/2016 2:46:17 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/21/2016 2:37:42 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

Harry.

Of course it's immaterial, that's why I didn't mention it.
Wanna try again?

You'll have to rephrase the question then because it appears what you wrote wasn't what you actually meant.

Harry.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 3:41:09 AM

Harry.

I agree with this premise but I don't think Evangelicals think through much of anything.
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 3:43:57 AM
After all, they are going to pray for their kids and god always answers the prayers of his special people (sarcasm).