Jump to topic:

A ban on all religion

Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2016 11:53:52 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
NEW YORK, NY (PRWEB) January 27, 2004 -- A draft resolution which aims to secure global peace and stability at the expense of organized religion is today being submitted to the United Nations in New York.

The resolution is being proposed by Antony Last, founder of formulism.org, a site which claims that freedom FROM religion would be of far greater benefit to mankind than freedom OF religion.

Freedom from Religion | Proposed UN Resolution / Charter Amendment | Version 1.1

WE THE PEOPLES OF THE UNITED NATIONS HEREBY VOW

* to save succeeding generations from the scourge of organized religion, a folly which has brought untold sorrow to mankind through the division, hatred and conflict it engenders, and

* to reaffirm an individual's right to freedom of belief, freedom of conscience and freedom of prayer, and

* to establish conditions under which these freedoms can be privately exercised.

AND FOR THESE ENDS WE UNDERTAKE

1. To outlaw, with immediate effect, the public expression of religious beliefs,
including the use of symbols, clothing or markings which are synonymous
with any currently or previously existing religions.

2. To outlaw, with immediate effect, public acts of worship or religious declaration.

3. To outlaw, with immediate effect, private gatherings of three or more
people for the purposes of engaging in acts of worship or religious services.

4. To outlaw, with immediate effect, the publication of books, literature or articles
which seek to promote religious beliefs or encourage adherence to religious doctrine.

5. To outlaw, after a period of amnesty, the personal ownership of books or materials which
seek to promote religious beliefs or encourage adherence to religious doctrine. (Books of
academic or social interest will be made freely available to schools, universities and public libraries).

6. To outlaw, with immediate effect, the celebration of religiously significant dates.

7. To begin, with immediate effect, the destruction or reassignment of
predominantly religious buildings, such as churches, mosques and temples.

Soon, though, an amazing event will take place. "The ten horns that you saw, and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire." (Revelation 17:16) In a sudden, shocking move, the world"s political powers will turn on false religion and completely destroy her! What will prompt this action? The Bible book of Revelation answers: "God put it into their hearts to carry out his thought." (Revelation 17:17) Yes, God will call false religion to account for all the despicable acts she has committed in his name. In a stroke of perfect justice, he will use her political paramours as his instrument of execution.

What must you do if you do not want to share the fate of false religion? "Get out of her, my people," urges God"s messenger. (Revelation 18:4) Indeed, now is the time to flee from false religion! But to where can you flee? Not into atheism, since its future is also bleak. (2 Thessalonians 1:6-9) The only haven is within true religion. How can you identify true religion?
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 12:01:39 AM
Huh... I mean, the U.S. Constitution says that the government can't tell you too believe, but is it allowed to tell you not to believe?
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 12:12:23 AM
And the day when there will be no more differing religious bodies is fast approaching, for we are now at the close of the 6th day from the first day in which Adam ate of the forbidden fruit and died in that first day at the age of 930.

The Book of Jubilees 4: 30; And he (Adam) lacked seventy years of one thousand years; for one thousand years are as one day in the testimony of the heavens and therefore was it written concerning the tree of knowledge: "On the day that ye eat thereof ye shall die." For this reason he 31 did not complete the years of this day; for he died during it.

(ISAIAH 63: 1-6.) Bozrah in Edom? Who is this so splendidly dressed in red, marching along in power and strength?" It is the Lord powerful to save, coming to announce his victory. "Why is his clothing so red, like that of a man who tramples grapes to make wine?"

The Lord answers, "I have trampled the Nations like grapes and no one came to help me. I trampled them in my anger, and their blood has stained all my clothing. I decided that the time to save my people had come, it was time to punish their enemies. I was amazed when I looked and saw that there was no one to help me. But my anger made me strong, and I won the victory myself. In my anger I trampled whole Nations and shattered them. I poured out their life"s blood on the earth."

The African tectonic plate grinds against the Arabian plate in its Northern migration, and the fault line between the two, runs through the Red Sea and up the Jordan, right through the Mount of Olives"

(ZECHARIAH 14: 13-20.) Zechariah speaks of the day in which the Lord will save his people. Chapter 14: Behold, the day when the Lord will sit in Judgement is near, then Jerusalem will be looted, and the loot taken from you will be divided in your midst. 2 For I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem to battle, and the city shall be taken and the houses plundered and the women raped. Half of the city shall go out into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

"Then the Lord will go out and fight against those nations as he has fought in times past. At that time he will stand on the Mount of Olives to the east of Jerusalem. Then the Mount of Olives will be split in two from east to west by a large valley. Half of the mountain (On the African plate) will move northward, and half of it (On the Arabian plate) will move southward.

The Lord will throw those nations, who would attempt to drive his chosen people into the sea, into a state of confusion, and the weapons of destruction, with which they would destroy Israel, He will cause them to turn upon their own allies, and they will suffer a terrible disease, the soft tissue, such as their eyes and tongues will melt in their sockets, and their radiated flesh, "cooked to the bone," will slide from their bodies while they are still standing.

Then all the surviving Nations, will send their representatives each year to Jerusalem in the land of Israel, to worship, and pay tribute to CHRIST=The Anointed one, who raised Jesus from death and who will rule the whole world with a rod of iron and woe betide those who refuse to do so.

Acts 17: 31; For he (The anointed one) has fixed a day in which he shall judge the whole world with Justice by means of a MAN he has CHOSEN. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising that Man from death.

Then all the godless people of the world, and all those, who, in their cathedrals of stone, Marble, and crystal, who sing and dance with their eyes and hands raised to the heavens in worship of a god they neither know or understand, will bow down and worship the God of the Bible.

MALACHI 3: 1-2; The Lord Almighty says, "I will send my messenger to prepare the way for me. Then the Lord you are looking for will suddenly come to his Temple. The messenger you long to see will come and proclaim my covenant."

But who will be able to endure the day when he comes? Who will be able to survive when he appears?

It is written in Zephaniah 1: 2; The Lord said, "I am going to destroy everything on earth, all human beings and animals, birds and fish. I will bring about the downfall of the wicked, and no survivors will be left. I the Lord have spoken. Verse 18; On the day when the Lord shows his fury, not even all their silver and gold will save them. The whole earth will be destroyed by the fire of his anger. He will put an end---a sudden end---to everyone who "LIVES ON EARTH."

And it shall come to pass in that day, (The Lord"s Day, the Great Sabbath of one thousand years, the seventh period of one thousand years from the day that Adam ate of the forbidden fruit and died in that first day at the age of 930) that the light shall not be clear or dark: and it shall be one day which shall be known to the Lord, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that evening time it shall be light.
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 12:52:13 AM
No. This would create resentment between the theist and atheist communities, which is the last thing anyone wants.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 1:12:43 AM
At 2/21/2016 12:01:39 AM, themohawkninja wrote:
Huh... I mean, the U.S. Constitution says that the government can't tell you too believe, but is it allowed to tell you not to believe?

No, the government can't legally prohibit religion. A resolution is not law.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 1:16:24 AM
At 2/21/2016 1:12:43 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

I'm not well versed in legal stuffs. What is the difference between a resolution and a law?

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 1:40:54 AM
At 2/20/2016 11:53:52 PM, Peternosaint wrote:
NEW YORK, NY (PRWEB) January 27, 2004 -- A draft resolution which aims to secure global peace and stability at the expense of organized religion is today being submitted to the United Nations in New York.

The resolution is being proposed by Antony Last, founder of formulism.org, a site which claims that freedom FROM religion would be of far greater benefit to mankind than freedom OF religion.

Freedom from Religion | Proposed UN Resolution / Charter Amendment | Version 1.1

* to save succeeding generations from the scourge of organized religion, a folly which has brought untold sorrow to mankind through the division, hatred and conflict it engenders, and

* to reaffirm an individual's right to freedom of belief, freedom of conscience and freedom of prayer, and

* to establish conditions under which these freedoms can be privately exercised.

1. To outlaw, with immediate effect, the public expression of religious beliefs,

2. To outlaw, with immediate effect, public acts of worship or religious declaration.

4. To outlaw, with immediate effect, the publication of books, literature or articles
which seek to promote religious beliefs or encourage adherence to religious doctrine.

5. To outlaw, after a period of amnesty, the personal ownership of books or materials which
seek to promote religious beliefs or encourage adherence to religious doctrine. (Books of
academic or social interest will be made freely available to schools, universities and public libraries).

6. To outlaw, with immediate effect, the celebration of religiously significant dates.

Soon, though, an amazing event will take place. "The ten horns that you saw, and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire." (Revelation 17:16) In a sudden, shocking move, the world"s political powers will turn on false religion and completely destroy her! What will prompt this action? The Bible book of Revelation answers: "God put it into their hearts to carry out his thought." (Revelation 17:17) Yes, God will call false religion to account for all the despicable acts she has committed in his name. In a stroke of perfect justice, he will use her political paramours as his instrument of execution.

What must you do if you do not want to share the fate of false religion? "Get out of her, my people," urges God"s messenger. (Revelation 18:4) Indeed, now is the time to flee from false religion! But to where can you flee? Not into atheism, since its future is also bleak. (2 Thessalonians 1:6-9) The only haven is within true religion. How can you identify true religion?

Impractical. Symbols are assimilated and created all the time. To enforce such a measure would be removing much of history, art, and music from cultural awareness.

This is a great resolution by an atheist to ruin what little amount of intelligence remains in the world.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 1:44:11 AM

Technically the UN can make any laws they want, the constitution is the law of the land in America and can not over written by any body other than American representation.

However we have seen that some things are enforced by neglect such as the unconstitutional wars and treaties past and current presidents have made.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 1:53:08 AM

Where did you find this tripe? 27th January 2004? Oh your god.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 2:51:29 AM
At 2/21/2016 1:16:24 AM, themohawkninja wrote:

I'm not well versed in legal stuffs. What is the difference between a resolution and a law?

Keep in mind I am by no means an expert on any of this.

A resolution is a proposed law. It would need to be voted on by the House, the Senate, and be signed by the president before becoming law. There are all kinds of stupid proposals that have no chance of becoming law, but they are proposed to bring attention to certain causes. Also, I missed that this was put to the UN. Myhkiel addressed that in another post.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 2:59:47 AM
At 2/21/2016 2:51:29 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

A resolution is a proposed law. It would need to be voted on by the House, the Senate, and be signed by the president before becoming law. There are all kinds of stupid proposals that have no chance of becoming law, but they are proposed to bring attention to certain causes. Also, I missed that this was put to the UN. Myhkiel addressed that in another post.

I also just saw the fact that it was in New York, and assumed that this was for U.S. law, not a UN thing.

Axonly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 3:07:13 AM

So, you found a proposal made by one guy, a proposal that has clearly not been accepted or implemented.

k
Meh!
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 5:27:54 AM

ME: Wanna bet?
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 5:33:03 AM
Wow, I didn't know necro-ing news was a thing. 12 years ago... it clearly didn't amount to anything. Why would anyone give a sh*t about this?
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 5:33:10 AM
At 2/21/2016 2:59:47 AM, themohawkninja wrote:
At 2/21/2016 2:51:29 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

I also just saw the fact that it was in New York, and assumed that this was for U.S. law, not a UN thing.

ME: Check it out yourself. It is a UN resolution that is standing ready for endorsement.

Also look for the countries that have the powers of veto at the UN.

France already has bans on some religions in regards to wearing "insignia" of the religion in public office of in schools.
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 5:49:17 AM
From Axonly:
So, you found a proposal made by one guy, a proposal that has clearly not been accepted or implemented.

ME:How many is needed to propose a resolution by UN members, One (or more). It is the same for most parliamentary procedure as well, one person can move that a resolution be accepted but then a majority of the parliament has to endorse or vote in favour of the resolution be accepted.

In this case (Correct me if you will) The resolution has been put, and accepted, otherwise it would be rejected an not on the books as it is still now. The resolution has not been voted on for implementation, but it is there for that purpose according to the proposer and the UN members.

Usually there is one member representative of each member country of the UN, so one member can propose a resolution.

I don't know if the power of veto can apply to proposing a resolution.

resolutions are proposed and passed all the time, such as the embargoes and rules on Iran and North Korea that are often ignored, and the UN goes Naughty boy Tut Tut!. Although the US often closes trade routes to these countries.
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 5:51:15 AM
See what happens when you got someone with absolutely no knowledge ability, like bulsnout...They come out with some objectionable remark. The others, so far, are talking with a bit of logic.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 5:52:44 AM
At 2/21/2016 5:27:54 AM, Peternosaint wrote:

ME: Wanna bet?

The US government can't legally prohibit or endorse religion.

Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 6:03:03 AM
At 2/21/2016 1:53:08 AM, bulproof wrote:

ME: Totally unnecessary and very child like IMO. I am not going to be drawn into your inane comment bashing.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 6:05:10 AM
At 2/21/2016 5:49:17 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
From Axonly:

ME:How many is needed to propose a resolution by UN members, One (or more). It is the same for most parliamentary procedure as well, one person can move that a resolution be accepted but then a majority of the parliament has to endorse or vote in favour of the resolution be accepted.

In this case (Correct me if you will) The resolution has been put, and accepted, otherwise it would be rejected an not on the books as it is still now. The resolution has not been voted on for implementation, but it is there for that purpose according to the proposer and the UN members.

Usually there is one member representative of each member country of the UN, so one member can propose a resolution.

I don't know if the power of veto can apply to proposing a resolution.

resolutions are proposed and passed all the time, such as the embargoes and rules on Iran and North Korea that are often ignored, and the UN goes Naughty boy Tut Tut!. Although the US often closes trade routes to these countries.

Provide evidence that it has been put and accepted.
The really funny thing is that you are scared of something you claim happened 12yrs ago and has resulted in your stupidity remaining unencumbered.
You poor little thing.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 6:06:46 AM
At 2/21/2016 6:03:03 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
At 2/21/2016 1:53:08 AM, bulproof wrote:

ME: Totally unnecessary and very child like IMO. I am not going to be drawn into your inane comment bashing.
Did you get this tripe from the same place as you got your 46billion? hahahaha.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 6:09:18 AM
At 2/21/2016 5:51:15 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
See what happens when you got someone with absolutely no knowledge ability, like bulsnout...They come out with some objectionable remark. The others, so far, are talking with a bit of logic.

Yeah, telling you that your alleged "news" is 12yrs old would be objectionable to someone of your intellect. I use that term very loosely in your case.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 6:11:09 AM
At 2/21/2016 6:09:16 AM, Casten wrote:
Such a ban would go against my beliefs. The idea is wrong. Luckily, it will never happen.
Well it certainly didn't 12yrs ago.
Look at the headlines it caused, apparently 46 billion people were killed in the crush to buy a newspaper.
LMFAO.
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 6:12:37 AM
anthony last his UN resolution banning religion

Put this in google and you will get some interesting reading.

As to ITS comment, there are standing resolutions older than 12 years on the UN books
Peternosaint
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 6:19:17 AM
http://www.cuttingedge.org...

Remember the Bible says, that "they will cry peace, and then the end will come"

3 One future development is mentioned by Paul in his letter to the Thessalonians. (Read 1 Thessalonians 5:2, 3.) He draws attention to "Jehovah"s day." As used here, "Jehovah"s day" refers to the period that will start with the destruction of false religion and will culminate in the war of Armageddon. However, just before that day of Jehovah begins, world leaders will be saying "Peace and security!" This may refer to one event or to a series of events. Nations may think that they are close to solving some of their big problems. What about the religious leaders? They are part of the world, so it is possible that they will join the political leaders. (Rev. 17:1, 2) The clergy would thus be imitating the false prophets of ancient Judah. Jehovah said about them: "They [are] saying, "There is peace! There is peace!" when there is no peace.""Jer. 6:14; 23:16, 17.

The UN resolution is aimed at obtaining Peace and Security".
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 6:29:42 AM
At 2/21/2016 6:12:37 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
anthony last his UN resolution banning religion

Put this in google and you will get some interesting reading.

As to ITS comment, there are standing resolutions older than 12 years on the UN books

That search produces many religiously oriented sources basically saying the same thing as your OP. Why don't you go to the UN website and search for "Anthony Last".

Casten
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 6:46:14 AM
At 2/21/2016 6:11:09 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/21/2016 6:09:16 AM, Casten wrote:
Such a ban would go against my beliefs. The idea is wrong. Luckily, it will never happen.
Well it certainly didn't 12yrs ago.
Look at the headlines it caused, apparently 46 billion people were killed in the crush to buy a newspaper.
LMFAO.

Yeah you'd think I would remember something like that.

It got the attention it deserved and died a silent pitiful death. It's a non-issue.

This is the kind of thing some theists think atheists are secretly plotting, though. Sigh.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 6:51:29 AM
At 2/21/2016 6:19:17 AM, Peternosaint wrote:
http://www.cuttingedge.org...

Remember the Bible says, that "they will cry peace, and then the end will come"

Remember that the bible says that snakes and donkeys can talk.
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/21/2016 7:13:18 AM
Religion is unavoidable. Humans naturally cling to religion -- be it one that worships a deity or not. For instance, even movements such as radical feminism, ordinary liberalism or conservatism, and the "New Atheist" movement are technically religions. They organize themselves around a single, profound belief, assure that the belief is true and believing in it is beneficial, and seek to convert nonbelievers. Even the position to "ban religions" is technically built on the same religious framework. Humans naturally seek religion, usually to justify authority or construct society. It isn't a net benefit to society, but it is unavoidable.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass