Is John 3:17 Misunderstood?

Stegley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 6:25:48 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
"God sent not His Son into the World to condemn the World."

At one point Christ clearly stated He was sent only to the House of Israel, yet He repeatedly condemned The Pharisees, who were part of the world into which He was sent. Read all about His condemnation in Matthew 23, and in Luke 4. See the problem here with Old Apostle John's 3:17?

Here is more proof The Bible only contains God's Word.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 7:13:25 AM
At 2/22/2016 6:25:48 AM, Stegley wrote:

At one point Christ clearly stated He was sent only to the House of Israel, yet He repeatedly condemned The Pharisees, who were part of the world into which He was sent. Read all about His condemnation in Matthew 23, and in Luke 4. See the problem here with Old Apostle John's 3:17?

You do realise of course that the man Jesus never spoke anything on his own authority, but only that which he was commanded to say by the Lord, whose spirit descended upon him in the form of a dove as the heavenly voice was heard to say: "You are my son, TODAY I have become your father."

It was not the man Jesus, but the Lord who said through Jesus, the man who he had filled with his spirit, "Destroy this temple (The Body of Jesus) and I will raise it up in three days."
Stegley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 8:23:55 AM
At 2/22/2016 7:13:25 AM, Gentorev wrote:

You do realise of course that the man Jesus never spoke anything on his own authority, but only that which he was commanded to say by the Lord, whose spirit descended upon him in the form of a dove as the heavenly voice was heard to say: "You are my son, TODAY I have become your father."

It was not the man Jesus, but the Lord who said through Jesus, the man who he had filled with his spirit, "Destroy this temple (The Body of Jesus) and I will raise it up in three days."

You do realize your reaction here has nothing to do with the OP.

Are you confident and assured your faith is dynamic? Or, is it merely a series of push button responses which you employ the best you can? Do you wish to try again? Lol.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 8:40:59 AM
At 2/22/2016 8:23:55 AM, Stegley wrote:

Are you confident and assured your faith is dynamic? Or, is it merely a series of push button responses which you employ the best you can? Do you wish to try again? Lol.

It's better then your old red herring comment.
Stegley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 9:30:57 AM
At 2/22/2016 8:40:59 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:

Lol. Just admit you have no answer to the OP, but rather you tried to make one of your little push button litanies get you some attention.

Why did John say Jesus did not come into the world to condemn after Jesus did condemn The Pharisees and His own fellow Nazareth Jews? Are you only skilled at faking answers?

Lol.
Stegley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 9:30:57 AM

Lol. Just admit you have no answer to the OP, but rather you tried to make one of your little push button litanies get you some attention.

Why did John say Jesus did not come into the world to condemn after Jesus did condemn The Pharisees and His own fellow Nazareth Jews? Are you only skilled at faking answers?

Lol.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 9:54:54 AM
At 2/22/2016 9:30:57 AM, Stegley wrote:

Lol.

Isn't the archaeological evidence concerning Nazareth interesting?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Stegley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 10:13:33 AM
At 2/22/2016 9:54:54 AM, bulproof wrote:

Lol.

Isn't the archaeological evidence concerning Nazareth interesting?

Hey! I have an idea! Maybe if you keep talking more about Moses, and throw in some Ezekiel and Elijah, you might start making sense out of this OP!

Yah! That's The Ticket! Moses, Ezekiel, and Elijah are all smart guys! Go ahead! I am all ready to learn! Yes!!
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 10:28:27 AM

Lol.

First of all, I am absolutely confident and assured that my faith is dynamic and that the Lord who filled the man Jesus with his spirit, did not come to judge the world at that particular time.

And John did not say that "JESUS" did not come into the world, etc. What John said was, God did not send his "SON" into the world, etc.

For the day of the Lord, is the Great Sabbath, of which the weekly Sabbath was but a shadow of the reality. And the Great Sabbath is the seventh day of one thousand years, we are now very close to the end of the sixth day, from the first day when Adam ate of the forbidden fruit and died in that first day at the age of 930.

From the book of Jubilees 4: 30; And he (ADAM) lacked seventy years of one thousand years; for one thousand years are as one day in the testimony of the heavens and therefore was it written concerning the tree of knowledge: "On the day that ye eat thereof ye shall die." For this reason he did not complete the years of this first day; for he died during it.

It is the seventh day (The Lord's Day) that the Lord will judge the world as revealed in Acts 17: 31; For he (The anointed one) has fixed a day in which he shall judge the whole world with Justice by means of a MAN he has CHOSEN. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising that Man from death.

There you are. You now have the answer to your OP.
Stegley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 11:53:13 AM
At 2/22/2016 10:28:27 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Lol.

First of all, I am absolutely confident and assured that my faith is dynamic and that the Lord who filled the man Jesus with his spirit, did not come to judge the world at that particular time.

And John did not say that "JESUS" did not come into the world, etc. What John said was, God did not send his "SON" into the world, etc.

For the day of the Lord, is the Great Sabbath, of which the weekly Sabbath was but a shadow of the reality. And the Great Sabbath is the seventh day of one thousand years, we are now very close to the end of the sixth day, from the first day when Adam ate of the forbidden fruit and died in that first day at the age of 930.

From the book of Jubilees 4: 30; And he (ADAM) lacked seventy years of one thousand years; for one thousand years are as one day in the testimony of the heavens and therefore was it written concerning the tree of knowledge: "On the day that ye eat thereof ye shall die." For this reason he did not complete the years of this first day; for he died during it.

It is the seventh day (The Lord's Day) that the Lord will judge the world as revealed in Acts 17: 31; For he (The anointed one) has fixed a day in which he shall judge the whole world with Justice by means of a MAN he has CHOSEN. He has given proof of this to everyone by raising that Man from death.

Lol. You already used that Enoch answer to another question. Did you forget?

Call the nurse aid. She can bring your pills, and your snack. You will feel stronger.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 2:06:45 PM
At 2/22/2016 10:28:27 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Lol.

You truncated Johns sentence to distort its meaning. That is how the JW distorts the reading of scriptures. Read the full sentence instead of taking it out of context.
John said: ""God sent not His Son into the World to condemn the World."

That is not the answer to the OP because the OP did not post the complete verse John 3:17 which reads:"
17 "Indeed, God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

God sent His Son in order that the world might be saved through him. Now that is taking the verse in full context and how it should be read.