Jump to topic:

Nobody Can Produce Any Evidence For Evolution

Stegley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 8:47:53 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Monkeys and simians marching in a line headed by a human?

Deformed drosphila?

Gnarly museum dioramas?

Punctuated equilibrium?

Upside down geologic columns?

Beautifully colored and exquisitely narrated phylogenic maps?

Sheer academic weight of named departments, tenure, international representation, multidisciplines, and new tech support?

Never ending publications stating in their Conclusions the words, "This suggests," "Possibly," "More investigation," "Might indicate," "Perhaps," and "It seems to reason?"

Gotta answer?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 8:49:20 AM
Just to clear something up first. Can you read?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Stegley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 8:58:59 AM
At 2/22/2016 8:49:20 AM, bulproof wrote:

Just as I thought. You have no answer. But, it is okay. Jesus still loves you, until your last breath. After that, He will care nothing about you.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 9:20:35 AM
At 2/22/2016 8:58:59 AM, Stegley wrote:

Just as I thought. You have no answer. But, it is okay. Jesus still loves you, until your last breath. After that, He will care nothing about you.
I see, your inability to read explains your threads completely. Have fun and try not to dribble on the keyboard.
Jedd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 9:23:05 AM
Here are few, followed by a quick explanation/example.
1) Paleontology: The discovery of fossils showing forms of animals that had never previously been seen began, and that fossils provide the only direct evidence for the history of evolution.
2) Biogeography: The distribution of species in relation both to geography and to other species.
3) Embryology: Many traits of one type of animal appear in the embryo of another type of animal. For example, fish embryos and human embryos both have gill slits. In fish they develop into gills, but in humans they disappear before birth.
4) Molecular Evolution: The process of change in the sequence composition of cellular molecules such as DNA, RNA, and proteins across generations.
5) Comparative Biology: Comparative biology is a cross-lineage approach to understanding the phylogenetic history of individuals or higher taxa and the mechanisms and patterns that drives it.

There are literally thousands and thousands of individual independent evidence. I'll just let you learn about evolution first.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 11:21:21 AM
At 2/22/2016 9:23:05 AM, Jedd wrote:
1) Paleontology: The discovery of fossils showing forms of animals that had never previously been seen began, and that fossils provide the only direct evidence for the history of evolution.
2) Biogeography: The distribution of species in relation both to geography and to other species.
3) Embryology: Many traits of one type of animal appear in the embryo of another type of animal. For example, fish embryos and human embryos both have gill slits. In fish they develop into gills, but in humans they disappear before birth.
4) Molecular Evolution: The process of change in the sequence composition of cellular molecules such as DNA, RNA, and proteins across generations.
5) Comparative Biology: Comparative biology is a cross-lineage approach to understanding the phylogenetic history of individuals or higher taxa and the mechanisms and patterns that drives it.

There are literally thousands and thousands of individual independent evidence. I'll just let you learn about evolution first.

He's not interested in evidence. He's an agitator stirring things up.
Jedd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 11:25:20 AM
At 2/22/2016 11:21:21 AM, dee-em wrote:

Just wanna see how he reacts lol. I feel like a zoologist experimenting on how apes behave.
Stegley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 11:32:33 AM

Very weak. None of any of those findings suggest evolution. How about if you find some intermediate forms in the fossil record, or alive today? In fact, there should be far, far more I intermediate fossilized forms than species specific forms, since the vast majority of variations are not successful.

Or, how about if you find a link between procaryotes and eukaryotes. Or maybe a half plant, half lizard life form. Okay?

Actually, any kind of an intermediary form would do.
Stegley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 11:35:25 AM

Do you have a problem with being agitated and stirred up? Remember, environmental pressure is one thing which drives Evolution. I am here to help your placid existence! Hokay?!

Lol. I promise I will not hurt you ...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 11:36:52 AM
At 2/22/2016 11:32:33 AM, Stegley wrote:

Very weak. None of any of those findings suggest evolution. How about if you find some intermediate forms in the fossil record, or alive today? In fact, there should be far, far more I intermediate fossilized forms than species specific forms, since the vast majority of variations are not successful.

Or, how about if you find a link between procaryotes and eukaryotes. Or maybe a half plant, half lizard life form. Okay?

Do you understand now how important the ability to read and comprehend is?
I doubt it.
Stegley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 11:37:27 AM
At 2/22/2016 11:25:20 AM, Jedd wrote:

Just wanna see how he reacts lol. I feel like a zoologist experimenting on how apes behave.

Did your Momma teach you that talking was "behavior...?"

Hmm, ... I wonder if my behavior is more marketable, and more "fit," than your academic weakness.
Stegley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 11:50:07 AM
At 2/22/2016 11:36:52 AM, bulproof wrote:

Do you understand now how important the ability to read and comprehend is?
I doubt it.

The five most favorite proofs for Evolution each show nothing to suggest Evolution, let alone any sort of proof.

1.) A common DNA chemistry amongst all life forms can just as easily indicate intelligent creation.

2.) Shared genome segments between all primates does not suggest a common ancestor.

3.) Quickly appearing fossilized life forms suggests the opposite of Evolution.

4.) Embryonic gill slits et. al. do not suggest Evolution, since the mamalian embryonic slits do not function as hills in any manner. Sorry. Edit your textbook pictures.

5.) Bacterial resistances to antibiotics show only species variations, and not any part of Evolution.

Thousands more to chat about ... ? Bring it. Do not be afraid. Fear will devolve your progress.
Jedd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 12:01:15 PM

Fossils are already stated in 1) Paleontology. Pretty much all fossils found point to evolution. The fossil record provides snapshots of the past that, when assembled, illustrate a panorama of evolutionary change over the past four billion years. The picture may be smudged in places and may have bits missing, but fossil evidence clearly shows that life is old and has changed over time.

'How about if you find some intermediate forms in the fossil record, or alive today?'
Define 'intermediate forms'. And no, if fossils were alive they wouldn't be called fossils. I suggest you research the term 'fossils'.

'The vast majority of variations are not successful.'
Almost all the variations are successful.

'how about if you find a link between procaryotes and eukaryotes'
The answer seems to be symbiosis " in other words, teamwork. Evidence supports the idea that eukaryotic cells are actually the descendants of separate prokaryotic cells that joined together in a symbiotic union. In fact, the mitochondrion itself seems to be the "great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great granddaughter" of a free-living bacterium that was engulfed by another cell, perhaps as a meal, and ended up staying as a sort of permanent house guest. The host cell profited from the chemical energy the mitochondrion produced, and the mitochondrion benefited from the protected, nutrient-rich environment surrounding it. This kind of "internal" symbiosis " one organism taking up permanent residence inside another and eventually evolving into a single lineage " is called endosymbiosis.

'maybe a half plant, half lizard life form. Okay?'
Your intelligent designer could probably make that in your dreams, but not evolution. Here's somewhere you can directly learn how the evolutionary tree works. http://evolution.berkeley.edu... Evolution works like water flowing down mountains. Somewhere its path will split and split again, and each one of those will split. That's why mammals diverse into more and more mammals, like wolves diverse into dogs, and wolves still exist. But the water that flows downstream may very well not go back. The ones that are at the very top- the tips of the branches, complex life forms, like humans or dogs, can't go back the path and take another path altogether; that's why you don't see plant people or vegetable dogs. Get it? Make sense?

These evidence are not weak or strong in any way. They are true and real. I have already destroyed your claim that is the title of this thread. Whether you frame it strong or weak, it doesn't matter, whether you choose to accept it or not, it doesn't matter; evolution is already an established fact.
Jedd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 12:14:44 PM
At 2/22/2016 11:35:25 AM, Stegley wrote:

Do you have a problem with being agitated and stirred up? Remember, environmental pressure is one thing which drives Evolution. I am here to help your placid existence! Hokay?!

Actually, environmental pressure is not the only thing. It all depends on whether the creature is able to adapt. This is called Natural Selection. It's not some unimaginable random force, it's the complete opposite. Creatures able to adapt live on, those unable to die off, plain and simple logic. In time, those traits that enable the creature to adapt reproduce and reproduce, and soon we have a species of optimal characteristics meant to suit its environment, predators, climate... I repeat- this is something entirely the opposite of random, and those of the species best for survival live on as a byproduct of natural selection.

And what do humans have that makes us the ultimate apex? Intelligence. Curiosity. The ability to question, doubt, analyze, find things out, understand, reason- these are the traits that set us apart from the other animals. Imagine someone without all this, sadly to say maybe a retard, standing in society or the wild. Not a very good chance of reproducing or getting a living eh? These unwanted traits eventually die off. Even in humans, natural selection is still an on-going process. So that's why I recommend you to revamp your ability to question, doubt, analyze, find things out, understand, reason...It's what makes you human, sets you apart from the other animals. Ditch faith and use an ability of yours called critical thinking. Think like a human can before natural selection hits you.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 12:27:29 PM

Do you have a problem with being agitated and stirred up?

I'm an atheist not a scientist. They both end in 'ist' so you may be confused. Your posts don't agitate me at all. I have no need to defend evolution. It's a theory that gets along just fine without my layman protection and has done so successfully for over 150 years. I doubt any evolutionary biologist is in the Religion forum but you may be able to bait one or two. Keep fishing.

Remember, environmental pressure is one thing which drives Evolution. I am here to help your placid existence! Hokay?!

I've already procreated, so your efforts are wasted on me. :-)

I was never afraid I can assure you. Amused would be a better description.
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 12:27:47 PM

Evolution Is All Bull. No Doubt At All. But, my friend, Jesus was a mortal. All you read now are stories. The original Bible Has been edited. Anyway..

A question to YOU..

If christians do Not believe in rebirth, why do they do past life regression?
Stegley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 12:29:30 PM
At 2/22/2016 12:01:15 PM, Jedd wrote:

Fossils are already stated in 1) Paleontology. Pretty much all fossils found point to evolution. The fossil record provides snapshots of the past that, when assembled, illustrate a panorama of evolutionary change over the past four billion years. The picture may be smudged in places and may have bits missing, but fossil evidence clearly shows that life is old and has changed over time.

'How about if you find some intermediate forms in the fossil record, or alive today?'
Define 'intermediate forms'. And no, if fossils were alive they wouldn't be called fossils. I suggest you research the term 'fossils'.

The answer seems to be symbiosis " in other words, teamwork. Evidence supports the idea that eukaryotic cells are actually the descendants of separate prokaryotic cells that joined together in a symbiotic union. In fact, the mitochondrion itself seems to be the "great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great granddaughter" of a free-living bacterium that was engulfed by another cell, perhaps as a meal, and ended up staying as a sort of permanent house guest. The host cell profited from the chemical energy the mitochondrion produced, and the mitochondrion benefited from the protected, nutrient-rich environment surrounding it. This kind of "internal" symbiosis " one organism taking up permanent residence inside another and eventually evolving into a single lineage " is called endosymbiosis.

Your intelligent designer could probably make that in your dreams, but not evolution. Here's somewhere you can directly learn how the evolutionary tree works. http://evolution.berkeley.edu... Evolution works like water flowing down mountains. Somewhere its path will split and split again, and each one of those will split. That's why mammals diverse into more and more mammals, like wolves diverse into dogs, and wolves still exist. But the water that flows downstream may very well not go back. The ones that are at the very top- the tips of the branches, complex life forms, like humans or dogs, can't go back the path and take another path altogether; that's why you don't see plant people or vegetable dogs. Get it? Make sense?

These evidence are not weak or strong in any way. They are true and real. I have already destroyed your claim that is the title of this thread. Whether you frame it strong or weak, it doesn't matter, whether you choose to accept it or not, it doesn't matter; evolution is already an established fact.

I like that. "Seems to be ... " "Pretty much ... "

It is simple to see the fossil record is indeed old, and has greatly changed over time. Now, put your thinking cap on, Okay? Here we go. Change and time in the fossil record do not demand the Theory of Evolution. In vivo demonstration of actual Evolution will "prove it."

Let's not continue to baffle you on this. Let's go to something you can understand. What degree of survivability has random variation been shown to produce in the laboratory, today? Be honest, now. Fudging answers will always bite you in the end.

And, try real hard to remember, water analogies are not Scientific evidence, even if you believe in them. Lol. Your Mom I am sure would agree.
Jedd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 12:33:36 PM
At 2/22/2016 12:27:47 PM, TREssspa wrote:

Evolution Is All Bull. No Doubt At All. But, my friend, Jesus was a mortal. All you read now are stories. The original Bible Has been edited. Anyway..

A question to YOU..

If christians do Not believe in rebirth, why do they do past life regression?

It's simple. They don't. They could be memories or hallucinations, anything hypnosis could already do to people.

I hope you will use whatever evidence you have to clarify that evolution is false to win a Nobel prize. Unless of course, you have none. You have the Bible stuffed over your ears and you don't want to listen to the solid, obvious evidence and facts presented to you. We all have that one friend...and in terms of society it is you fundamentalist Christians.

Jesus was mortal all right.
Eliyahu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 12:37:25 PM

Bs"d

The fossils show the exact opposite of evolution, see here: https://www.debate.org...
Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.
Jedd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 12:41:06 PM
At 2/22/2016 12:29:30 PM, Stegley wrote:

I like that. "Seems to be ... " "Pretty much ... "

It is simple to see the fossil record is indeed old, and has greatly changed over time. Now, put your thinking cap on, Okay? Here we go. Change and time in the fossil record do not demand the Theory of Evolution. In vivo demonstration of actual Evolution will "prove it."

Let's not continue to baffle you on this. Let's go to something you can understand. What degree of survivability has random variation been shown to produce in the laboratory, today? Be honest, now. Fudging answers will always bite you in the end.

And, try real hard to remember, water analogies are not Scientific evidence, even if you believe in them. Lol. Your Mom I am sure would agree.

'Change and time in the fossil record do not demand the Theory of Evolution. In vivo demonstration of actual Evolution will "prove it."'
Ah, it's the thousands and thousands of fossils when found, arranged, demonstrate a step-by-step process in which the species changes and changes over millions of years. It sure does not demand the theory of evolution, it's just direct evidence pointing to it.

'What degree of survivability has random variation been shown to produce in the laboratory, today?'
So you have not studied evolution in any way. Evolution is a slow process, it takes millions of years to form a diverse web of life. Nothing we do in a lab today could speed up this process. Clear enough?

'water analogies are not Scientific evidence'
Then should I use how branches split, or mind maps perhaps? All the simplest diagrams I provide to help you understand evolution, I'm happy to.
Eliyahu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 12:41:20 PM

Bs"d

You gotta be kidding. The fossil record shows STASIS, non-evolution, and the sudden appearance of new species, without any link of supposed predecessors.

For the finer details look here: https://sites.google.com...
Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.
Jedd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 12:43:29 PM
At 2/22/2016 12:37:25 PM, Eliyahu wrote:

Bs"d

The fossils show the exact opposite of evolution, see here: https://www.debate.org...

Go present your evidence and win a Nobel prize then. Oh wait, evolution is already a well-established fact. Oh wait, your only source is your own topic posted by you yourself. Oh wait, in your own topic you have already been refuted sufficiently to deem you a fool. Need I say more?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 12:46:01 PM
At 2/22/2016 12:41:20 PM, Eliyahu wrote:

Bs"d

You gotta be kidding. The fossil record shows STASIS, non-evolution, and the sudden appearance of new species, without any link of supposed predecessors.

Will ya look at that, he's got a tame religious page supplying all of his quote mined garbage. He's never read the articles, that's why he rejects the truth of what the quoted scientists really say.
He's got ready mined quotes. What a lazy little liar.
Jedd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 12:49:40 PM
At 2/22/2016 12:41:20 PM, Eliyahu wrote:

Bs"d

Not a single fossil record shows STASIS, non-evolution nor any sudden appearances of new species, nor is it lacking any link of predecessors. I request a clarification on where you got your lies?

Eliyahu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 12:53:18 PM
At 2/22/2016 12:41:06 PM, Jedd wrote:

'Change and time in the fossil record do not demand the Theory of Evolution. In vivo demonstration of actual Evolution will "prove it."'
Ah, it's the thousands and thousands of fossils when found, arranged, demonstrate a step-by-step process in which the species changes and changes over millions of years. It sure does not demand the theory of evolution, it's just direct evidence pointing to it.

Bs"d

"Paleontologists just were not seeing the expected changes in their fossils as they pursued them up through the rock record. ... That individual kinds of fossils remain recognizably the same throughout the length of their occurrence in the fossil record had been known to paleontologists long before Darwin published his Origin. Darwin himself, .... prophesied that future generations of paleontologists would fill in these gaps by diligent search .... One hundred and twenty years of paleontological research later, it has become abundantly clear that the fossil record will not confirm this part of Darwin's predictions. Nor is the problem a miserly fossil record. The fossil record simply shows that this prediction is wrong.
The observation that species are amazingly conservative and static entities throughout long periods of time has all the qualities of the emperor's new clothes: everyone knew it but preferred to ignore it. Paleontologists, faced with a recalcitrant record obstinately refusing to yield Darwin's predicted pattern, simply looked the other way."

Eldredge, N. and Tattersall, I., The Myths of Human Evolution, 1982, p. 45-46
Niles Eldredge is an evolutionist en co-inventor of the punctuated equilibrium theory

"Paleontologists have paid an enormous price for Darwin's argument. We fancy ourselves as the only true students of life's history, yet to preserve our favored account of evolution by natural selection we view our data as so bad that we almost never see the very process we profess to study. .... The history of most fossil species includes two features particularly inconsistent with gradualism:
1. Stasis. Most species exhibit no directional change during their tenure on earth. They appear in the fossil record looking much the same as when they disappear; morphological change is usually limited and directionless.
2. Sudden appearance. In any local area, a species does not arise gradually by the steady transformation of its ancestors; it appears all at once and 'fully formed."..

Gould, Stephen J. The Panda's Thumb, 1980, p. 181-182
Stephen J Gould was on of the most well known evolutionists and the inventor of the "punctuated equilibrium" theory, and professor geology en zoology at Harvard university.

".... we have proffered a collective tacit acceptance of the story of gradual adaptive change, a story that strengthened and became even more entrenched as the synthesis took hold. We paleontologists have said that the history of life supports that interpretation, all the while really knowing that it does not."

Eldredge, Niles "Time Frames: The Rethinking of Darwinian Evolution and the Theory of Punctuated Equilibria," Simon & Schuster: New York NY, 1985, p. 44

"Given that evolution, according to Darwin, was in a continual state of motion .... it followed logically that the fossil record should be rife with examples of transitional forms leading from the less to more evolved. .... Instead of filling the gaps in the fossil record with so-called missing links, most paleontologists found themselves facing a situation in which there were only gaps in the fossil record, with no evidence of transformational evolutionary intermediates between documented fossil species."

Schwartz, Jeffrey H., Sudden Origins, 1999, p. 89.
Schwartz, Jeffrey H is professor anthropology at the University of Pittsburgh and also evolutionist, writer of boek about evolution: "Sudden Origins", a provocative new theory on how evolution works by sudden leaps and bounds:
http://www.post-gazette.com...

"The fossil record itself provided no documentation of continuity - of gradual transition from one animal or plant to another of quite different form."

Stanley, S.M., The New Evolutionary Timetable: Fossils, Genes and the Origin of Species, 1981, p. 40
S.M. Stanley is an American professor, paleontologist, and evolutionary biologist at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. For most of his career he taught geology at Johns Hopkins University (1969-2005) He is best known for his empirical research documenting the evolutionary process of punctuated equilibrium in the fossil record.
He wrote many articles, also together with Niles Eldredge, de co-inventor of the punctuated equilibrium theory.
For more info about prof Stanley look here: https://en.wikipedia.org...

"The absence of fossil evidence for intermediary stages between major transitions in organic design, indeed our inability, even in our imagination, to construct functional intermediates in many cases, has been a persistent and nagging problem for gradualistic accounts of evolution."

Gould, Stephen J., "Is a New and General Theory of Evolution Emerging?," 1982, p. 140

"Paleontologists had long been aware of a seeming contradiction between Darwin"s postulate of gradualism .... and the actual findings of paleontology. Following phyletic lines through time seemed to reveal only minimal gradual changes but no clear evidence for any change of a species into a different genus or for the gradual origin of an evolutionary novelty. Anything truly novel always seemed to appear quite abruptly in the fossil record."

Mayr, E., One Long Argument: Charles Darwin and the Genesis of Modern Evolutionary Thought, 1991, p. 138
Ernst Mayer was one of the leading evolutionistic biologists of the 20th century, see here: http://www.wordiq.com...

"The record certainly did not reveal gradual transformations of structure in the course of time.
On the contrary, it showed that species generally remained constant throughout their history. New types or classes seemed to appear fully formed, with no sign of an evolutionary trend by which they could have emerged from an earlier type."

Bowler, Evolution: The History of an Idea, 1984, p. 187
Peter J. Bowler, a scholar of Darwin and evolution, is a prolific author and professor of the history and philosophy of science at Queens University of Belfast.
http://www.americanscientist.org...

"A major problem in proving the theory (of evolution) has been the fossil record; the imprints of vanished species preserved in the Earth's geological formations. This record has never revealed traces of Darwin's hypothetical intermediate variants instead species appear and disappear abruptly, and this anomaly has fueled the creationist argument that each species was created by God."

Czarnecki, Mark, "The Revival of the Creationist Crusade", MacLean's, January 19, 1981, p. 56
Czarnecki Mark is an evolutionist and a paleontologist.

"All paleontologists know that the fossil record contains precious little in the way of intermediate forms; transitions between major groups are characteristically abrupt. Gradualists usually extract themselves from this dilemma by invoking the extreme imperfection of the fossil record."

Gould, Stephen J. The Panda's Thumb, 1980, p.189

No evolution in the fossil record.
Eliyahu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 12:55:02 PM
At 2/22/2016 12:43:29 PM, Jedd wrote:

Go present your evidence and win a Nobel prize then. Oh wait, evolution is already a well-established fact.

Bs"d

Only for lay men who don't know what they are talking about.

Oh wait, your only source is your own topic posted by you yourself. Oh wait, in your own topic you have already been refuted sufficiently to deem you a fool. Need I say more?

Yes, you need to bring some proof in stead of ad hominems.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 12:58:02 PM
At 2/22/2016 12:53:18 PM, Eliyahu wrote:
At 2/22/2016 12:41:06 PM, Jedd wrote:

Bs"d

"Paleontologists just were not seeing the expected changes in their fossils as they pursued them up through the rock record. ... That individual kinds of fossils remain recognizably the same throughout the length of their occurrence in the fossil record had been known to paleontologists long before Darwin published his Origin. Darwin himself, .... prophesied that future generations of paleontologists would fill in these gaps by diligent search .... One hundred and twenty years of paleontological research later, it has become abundantly clear that the fossil record will not confirm this part of Darwin's predictions. Nor is the problem a miserly fossil record. The fossil record simply shows that this prediction is wrong.
The observation that species are amazingly conservative and static entities throughout long periods of time has all the qualities of the emperor's new clothes: everyone knew it but preferred to ignore it. Paleontologists, faced with a recalcitrant record obstinately refusing to yield Darwin's predicted pattern, simply looked the other way."

Eldredge, N. and Tattersall, I., The Myths of Human Evolution, 1982, p. 45-46
Niles Eldredge is an evolutionist en co-inventor of the punctuated equilibrium theory

"Paleontologists have paid an enormous price for Darwin's argument. We fancy ourselves as the only true students of life's history, yet to preserve our favored account of evolution by natural selection we view our data as so bad that we almost never see the very process we profess to study. .... The history of most fossil species includes two features particularly inconsistent with gradualism:
1. Stasis. Most species exhibit no directional change during their tenure on earth. They appear in the fossil record looking much the same as when they disappear; morphological change is usually limited and directionless.
2. Sudden appearance. In any local area, a species does not arise gradually by the steady transformation of its ancestors; it appears all at once and 'fully formed."..

Stephen J Gould was on of the most well known evolutionists and the inventor of the "punctuated equilibrium" theory, and professor geology en zoology at Harvard university.

".... we have proffered a collective tacit acceptance of the story of gradual adaptive change, a story that strengthened and became even more entrenched as the synthesis took hold. We paleontologists have said that the history of life supports that interpretation, all the while really knowing that it does not."

Eldredge, Niles "Time Frames: The Rethinking of Darwinian Evolution and the Theory of Punctuated Equilibria," Simon & Schuster: New York NY, 1985, p. 44

"Given that evolution, according to Darwin, was in a continual state of motion .... it followed logically that the fossil record should be rife with examples of transitional forms leading from the less to more evolved. .... Instead of filling the gaps in the fossil record with so-called missing links, most paleontologists found themselves facing a situation in which there were only gaps in the fossil record, with no evidence of transformational evolutionary intermediates between documented fossil species."

Schwartz, Jeffrey H., Sudden Origins, 1999, p. 89.
Schwartz, Jeffrey H is professor anthropology at the University of Pittsburgh and also evolutionist, writer of boek about evolution: "Sudden Origins", a provocative new theory on how evolution works by sudden leaps and bounds:
http://www.post-gazette.com...

"The fossil record itself provided no documentation of continuity - of gradual transition from one animal or plant to another of quite different form."

Stanley, S.M., The New Evolutionary Timetable: Fossils, Genes and the Origin of Species, 1981, p. 40
S.M. Stanley is an American professor, paleontologist, and evolutionary biologist at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. For most of his career he taught geology at Johns Hopkins University (1969-2005) He is best known for his empirical research documenting the evolutionary process of punctuated equilibrium in the fossil record.
He wrote many articles, also together with Niles Eldredge, de co-inventor of the punctuated equilibrium theory.
For more info about prof Stanley look here: https://en.wikipedia.org...

"The absence of fossil evidence for intermediary stages between major transitions in organic design, indeed our inability, even in our imagination, to construct functional intermediates in many cases, has been a persistent and nagging problem for gradualistic accounts of evolution."

Gould, Stephen J., "Is a New and General Theory of Evolution Emerging?," 1982, p. 140

"Paleontologists had long been aware of a seeming contradiction between Darwin"s postulate of gradualism .... and the actual findings of paleontology. Following phyletic lines through time seemed to reveal only minimal gradual changes but no clear evidence for any change of a species into a different genus or for the gradual origin of an evolutionary novelty. Anything truly novel always seemed to appear quite abruptly in the fossil record."

Mayr, E., One Long Argument: Charles Darwin and the Genesis of Modern Evolutionary Thought, 1991, p. 138
Ernst Mayer was one of the leading evolutionistic biologists of the 20th century, see here: http://www.wordiq.com...

"The record certainly did not reveal gradual transformations of structure in the course of time.
On the contrary, it showed that species generally remained constant throughout their history. New types or classes seemed to appear fully formed, with no sign of an evolutionary trend by which they could have emerged from an earlier type."

Peter J. Bowler, a scholar of Darwin and evolution, is a prolific author and professor of the history and philosophy of science at Queens University of Belfast.

"A major problem in proving the theory (of evolution) has been the fossil record; the imprints of vanished species preserved in the Earth's geological formations. This record has never revealed traces of Darwin's hypothetical intermediate variants instead species appear and disappear abruptly, and this anomaly has fueled the creationist argument that each species was created by God."

Czarnecki, Mark, "The Revival of the Creationist Crusade", MacLean's, January 19, 1981, p. 56
Czarnecki Mark is an evolutionist and a paleontologist.

"All paleontologists know that the fossil record contains precious little in the way of intermediate forms; transitions between major groups are characteristically abrupt. Gradualists usually extract themselves from this dilemma by invoking the extreme imperfection of the fossil record."

He's c/pasted the entire page of mined quotes, what a genius. hahahahahahaha
Eliyahu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 1:01:11 PM
At 2/22/2016 12:49:40 PM, Jedd wrote:

Bs"d

Not a single fossil record shows STASIS, non-evolution nor any sudden appearances of new species, nor is it lacking any link of predecessors. I request a clarification on where you got your lies?

Bs"d

"Stasis, or non-change, of most fossil species during their lengthy geological lifespans was tacitly acknowledged by all paleontologists, but almost never studied explicitly because prevailing theory treated stasis as uninteresting nonevidence for nonevolution. .... The overwhelming prevalence of stasis became an embarrassing feature of the fossil record, best left ignored as a manifestation of nothing (that is, non-evolution)."

Gould, Stephen J., "Cordelia's Dilemma," Natural History, 1993, p. 15

"Instead of finding the gradual unfolding of life, what geologists of Darwin"s time, and geologists of the present day actually find is a highly uneven or jerky record; that is, species appear in the sequence very suddenly, show little or no change during their existence in the record, then abruptly go out of the record. and it is not always clear, in fact it"s rarely clear, that the descendants were actually better adapted than their predecessors. In other words, biological improvement is hard to find."

Raup, David M., "Conflicts Between Darwin and Paleontology," Bulletin, Field Museum of Natural History, vol. 50, 1979, p. 23
David Raub is an evolutionist, and professor emeritus (former Sewell L. Avery Distinguished Service Professor) in Geophysical Sciences and former curator Geology at the Field Museum of Natural History at the University van Chicago. See here: http://en.wikipedia.org...

Stasis is the norm, not change.
Stegley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 1:02:30 PM
At 2/22/2016 12:43:29 PM, Jedd wrote:
At 2/22/2016 12:37:25 PM, Eliyahu wrote:

Bs"d

Go present your evidence and win a Nobel prize then. Oh wait, evolution is already a well-established fact. Oh wait, your only source is your own topic posted by you yourself. Oh wait, in your own topic you have already been refuted sufficiently to deem you a fool. Need I say more?

Yes. Say more. Say where "gradual processes of Evolution" are shown in the Geologic record as you have lovingly assembled it. Or, are there repeated times of what is desperately labeled "Punctuated Events?" Say more.
Stegley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 1:06:47 PM
At 2/22/2016 12:14:44 PM, Jedd wrote:

Actually, environmental pressure is not the only thing. It all depends on whether the creature is able to adapt. This is called Natural Selection. It's not some unimaginable random force, it's the complete opposite. Creatures able to adapt live on, those unable to die off, plain and simple logic. In time, those traits that enable the creature to adapt reproduce and reproduce, and soon we have a species of optimal characteristics meant to suit its environment, predators, climate... I repeat- this is something entirely the opposite of random, and those of the species best for survival live on as a byproduct of natural selection.

And what do humans have that makes us the ultimate apex? Intelligence. Curiosity. The ability to question, doubt, analyze, find things out, understand, reason- these are the traits that set us apart from the other animals. Imagine someone without all this, sadly to say maybe a retard, standing in society or the wild. Not a very good chance of reproducing or getting a living eh? These unwanted traits eventually die off. Even in humans, natural selection is still an on-going process. So that's why I recommend you to revamp your ability to question, doubt, analyze, find things out, understand, reason...It's what makes you human, sets you apart from the other animals. Ditch faith and use an ability of yours called critical thinking. Think like a human can before natural selection hits you.

Oh wait! I just thought of a question!

How does hairless, myopic, poorly mobile, thin skinned, and weakly hearing Homo Sapiens become selected by nature? Have you seen any Caucasian Aboriginals making it happen for a few thousand generations?

Remember, take off your story cap, and put on your Science Cap.