Total Posts:21|Showing Posts:1-21
Jump to topic:

How Does Evolutionary Theory Benefit Us?

Stegley
Posts: 158
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 8:56:58 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
If Evolutionary Theory is a valid and essential undetstanding of human existence, then it should be a simple task for any adherent to give a quick and brief overview of how Evolutionary Theory has benefitted Society, Medicine, Politics, Cosmology, The Hard Sciences, Technology, and the price of a cheeseburger.

Nothing should be stopping anyone from providing this information. Remember, this OP has no relationship to you as a person, or to myself, but just to existing reality. So there is no reason to get upset and defensive. Hokay?

Thanks in advance.
Jedd
Posts: 77
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 9:19:20 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 8:56:58 AM, Stegley wrote:
If Evolutionary Theory is a valid and essential undetstanding of human existence, then it should be a simple task for any adherent to give a quick and brief overview of how Evolutionary Theory has benefitted Society, Medicine, Politics, Cosmology, The Hard Sciences, Technology, and the price of a cheeseburger.

Nothing should be stopping anyone from providing this information. Remember, this OP has no relationship to you as a person, or to myself, but just to existing reality. So there is no reason to get upset and defensive. Hokay?

Thanks in advance.

Simple, really. Evolution helps us understand who we are and how we came to be. Not just us actually, but pretty much everything in the natural world.

We now have a better understanding of how living organisms work and change through time. Schools teach this and children can learn it and understand how humans originated. If you're going to refute, evolution does not base on faith, we can present all the evidence for evolution and creationism to a pupil and let them weigh it up, to see which one is more credible.

For the others, no, I can't tell you the benefits of evolution as much as you can tell me how the 1+1=2 equation has benefited politics or medicine. So there you have it. Evolution is just the origin of all the species we see today, including you. Whether you believe it or not, it's already a fact.
bulproof
Posts: 25,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 9:23:15 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 8:56:58 AM, Stegley wrote:
If Evolutionary Theory is a valid and essential undetstanding of human existence, then it should be a simple task for any adherent to give a quick and brief overview of how Evolutionary Theory has benefitted Society, Medicine, Politics, Cosmology, The Hard Sciences, Technology, and the price of a cheeseburger.

Nothing should be stopping anyone from providing this information. Remember, this OP has no relationship to you as a person, or to myself, but just to existing reality. So there is no reason to get upset and defensive. Hokay?

Thanks in advance.
Stay away from doctors and hospitals they use the witchcraft you call evilution.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Stegley
Posts: 158
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 12:09:29 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 9:19:20 AM, Jedd wrote:
At 2/22/2016 8:56:58 AM, Stegley wrote:
If Evolutionary Theory is a valid and essential undetstanding of human existence, then it should be a simple task for any adherent to give a quick and brief overview of how Evolutionary Theory has benefitted Society, Medicine, Politics, Cosmology, The Hard Sciences, Technology, and the price of a cheeseburger.

Nothing should be stopping anyone from providing this information. Remember, this OP has no relationship to you as a person, or to myself, but just to existing reality. So there is no reason to get upset and defensive. Hokay?

Thanks in advance.

Simple, really. Evolution helps us understand who we are and how we came to be. Not just us actually, but pretty much everything in the natural world.

We now have a better understanding of how living organisms work and change through time. Schools teach this and children can learn it and understand how humans originated. If you're going to refute, evolution does not base on faith, we can present all the evidence for evolution and creationism to a pupil and let them weigh it up, to see which one is more credible.

For the others, no, I can't tell you the benefits of evolution as much as you can tell me how the 1+1=2 equation has benefited politics or medicine. So there you have it. Evolution is just the origin of all the species we see today, including you. Whether you believe it or not, it's already a fact.

Did you neglect to mention any benefits of Evolutionary Theory because:

1.) You forgot, and wandered from the original question of the OP?

2.) You do not know the meaning of "benefit?"

3.) You are being mysterious like a Woman?

4.) You can cite no actual benefits of Evolutionary Theory in the six major areas I listed?

5.) You got tired and had to leave, or go talk about something else?
Stegley
Posts: 158
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 12:11:14 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 9:23:15 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/22/2016 8:56:58 AM, Stegley wrote:
If Evolutionary Theory is a valid and essential undetstanding of human existence, then it should be a simple task for any adherent to give a quick and brief overview of how Evolutionary Theory has benefitted Society, Medicine, Politics, Cosmology, The Hard Sciences, Technology, and the price of a cheeseburger.

Nothing should be stopping anyone from providing this information. Remember, this OP has no relationship to you as a person, or to myself, but just to existing reality. So there is no reason to get upset and defensive. Hokay?

Thanks in advance.
Stay away from doctors and hospitals they use the witchcraft you call evilution.

Tell me how Evolutionary Theory has enabled and sustained doctors and hospitals. Go ahead. Step up with trends and facts. Be strong and smart.
Jedd
Posts: 77
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 12:23:15 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 12:09:29 PM, Stegley wrote:
At 2/22/2016 9:19:20 AM, Jedd wrote:
At 2/22/2016 8:56:58 AM, Stegley wrote:
If Evolutionary Theory is a valid and essential undetstanding of human existence, then it should be a simple task for any adherent to give a quick and brief overview of how Evolutionary Theory has benefitted Society, Medicine, Politics, Cosmology, The Hard Sciences, Technology, and the price of a cheeseburger.

Nothing should be stopping anyone from providing this information. Remember, this OP has no relationship to you as a person, or to myself, but just to existing reality. So there is no reason to get upset and defensive. Hokay?

Thanks in advance.

Simple, really. Evolution helps us understand who we are and how we came to be. Not just us actually, but pretty much everything in the natural world.

We now have a better understanding of how living organisms work and change through time. Schools teach this and children can learn it and understand how humans originated. If you're going to refute, evolution does not base on faith, we can present all the evidence for evolution and creationism to a pupil and let them weigh it up, to see which one is more credible.

For the others, no, I can't tell you the benefits of evolution as much as you can tell me how the 1+1=2 equation has benefited politics or medicine. So there you have it. Evolution is just the origin of all the species we see today, including you. Whether you believe it or not, it's already a fact.

Did you neglect to mention any benefits of Evolutionary Theory because:

1.) You forgot, and wandered from the original question of the OP?

2.) You do not know the meaning of "benefit?"

3.) You are being mysterious like a Woman?

4.) You can cite no actual benefits of Evolutionary Theory in the six major areas I listed?

5.) You got tired and had to leave, or go talk about something else?

In order for me to clearly demonstrate my point and to have you actually think for once, I'll ask you to tell me what's the benefit of creationism. What's the benefit?

That feeling now tells you finding a benefit for something that explains things is not relevant. The title itself is fallacious. Go on, tell me what are the benefits of creationism then we'll talk.

There is no benefit in such things. I think the years of blind faith has dulled your mind, making you not capable of understanding this. To prove my diagnosis, may you please demonstrate that you cannot understand this simple concept that your argument is invalid and irrelevant?
bulproof
Posts: 25,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 12:26:22 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 12:11:14 PM, Stegley wrote:
At 2/22/2016 9:23:15 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/22/2016 8:56:58 AM, Stegley wrote:
If Evolutionary Theory is a valid and essential undetstanding of human existence, then it should be a simple task for any adherent to give a quick and brief overview of how Evolutionary Theory has benefitted Society, Medicine, Politics, Cosmology, The Hard Sciences, Technology, and the price of a cheeseburger.

Nothing should be stopping anyone from providing this information. Remember, this OP has no relationship to you as a person, or to myself, but just to existing reality. So there is no reason to get upset and defensive. Hokay?

Thanks in advance.
Stay away from doctors and hospitals they use the witchcraft you call evilution.

Tell me how Evolutionary Theory has enabled and sustained doctors and hospitals. Go ahead. Step up with trends and facts. Be strong and smart.

antibiotics, damn you ask hard questions.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Stegley
Posts: 158
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 1:29:54 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 12:23:15 PM, Jedd wrote:
At 2/22/2016 12:09:29 PM, Stegley wrote:
At 2/22/2016 9:19:20 AM, Jedd wrote:
At 2/22/2016 8:56:58 AM, Stegley wrote:
If Evolutionary Theory is a valid and essential undetstanding of human existence, then it should be a simple task for any adherent to give a quick and brief overview of how Evolutionary Theory has benefitted Society, Medicine, Politics, Cosmology, The Hard Sciences, Technology, and the price of a cheeseburger.

Nothing should be stopping anyone from providing this information. Remember, this OP has no relationship to you as a person, or to myself, but just to existing reality. So there is no reason to get upset and defensive. Hokay?

Thanks in advance.

Simple, really. Evolution helps us understand who we are and how we came to be. Not just us actually, but pretty much everything in the natural world.

We now have a better understanding of how living organisms work and change through time. Schools teach this and children can learn it and understand how humans originated. If you're going to refute, evolution does not base on faith, we can present all the evidence for evolution and creationism to a pupil and let them weigh it up, to see which one is more credible.

For the others, no, I can't tell you the benefits of evolution as much as you can tell me how the 1+1=2 equation has benefited politics or medicine. So there you have it. Evolution is just the origin of all the species we see today, including you. Whether you believe it or not, it's already a fact.

Did you neglect to mention any benefits of Evolutionary Theory because:

1.) You forgot, and wandered from the original question of the OP?

2.) You do not know the meaning of "benefit?"

3.) You are being mysterious like a Woman?

4.) You can cite no actual benefits of Evolutionary Theory in the six major areas I listed?

5.) You got tired and had to leave, or go talk about something else?

In order for me to clearly demonstrate my point and to have you actually think for once, I'll ask you to tell me what's the benefit of creationism. What's the benefit?

That feeling now tells you finding a benefit for something that explains things is not relevant. The title itself is fallacious. Go on, tell me what are the benefits of creationism then we'll talk.

There is no benefit in such things. I think the years of blind faith has dulled your mind, making you not capable of understanding this. To prove my diagnosis, may you please demonstrate that you cannot understand this simple concept that your argument is invalid and irrelevant?

You just stepped into the bait. I made you react like a senseless woman who can answer only with weakness using the Ricochet Question, topped with Ad Hominem. Lol. You are resourceless within your own world view.

Creationism benefits individuals and humanity in this way:

1.) An intact future in eternity can be predictably apprehended.

2.) The inherent dignity and value of people is established.

3.) People can find a far greater purpose for life and endeavors than for mere survival and hedonism.

4.) Large amounts of wasted funding can be retrieved from needless Scientific inquiry and pointless Academics.

5.) People can know for sure they are not just another animal.

Sound good? Do you even care about good/bad distinctions? Maybe you like to pretend you do not ... ?
bulproof
Posts: 25,250
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 1:42:32 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 1:29:54 PM, Stegley wrote:
At 2/22/2016 12:23:15 PM, Jedd wrote:
At 2/22/2016 12:09:29 PM, Stegley wrote:
At 2/22/2016 9:19:20 AM, Jedd wrote:
At 2/22/2016 8:56:58 AM, Stegley wrote:
If Evolutionary Theory is a valid and essential undetstanding of human existence, then it should be a simple task for any adherent to give a quick and brief overview of how Evolutionary Theory has benefitted Society, Medicine, Politics, Cosmology, The Hard Sciences, Technology, and the price of a cheeseburger.

Nothing should be stopping anyone from providing this information. Remember, this OP has no relationship to you as a person, or to myself, but just to existing reality. So there is no reason to get upset and defensive. Hokay?

Thanks in advance.

Simple, really. Evolution helps us understand who we are and how we came to be. Not just us actually, but pretty much everything in the natural world.

We now have a better understanding of how living organisms work and change through time. Schools teach this and children can learn it and understand how humans originated. If you're going to refute, evolution does not base on faith, we can present all the evidence for evolution and creationism to a pupil and let them weigh it up, to see which one is more credible.

For the others, no, I can't tell you the benefits of evolution as much as you can tell me how the 1+1=2 equation has benefited politics or medicine. So there you have it. Evolution is just the origin of all the species we see today, including you. Whether you believe it or not, it's already a fact.

Did you neglect to mention any benefits of Evolutionary Theory because:

1.) You forgot, and wandered from the original question of the OP?

2.) You do not know the meaning of "benefit?"

3.) You are being mysterious like a Woman?

4.) You can cite no actual benefits of Evolutionary Theory in the six major areas I listed?

5.) You got tired and had to leave, or go talk about something else?

In order for me to clearly demonstrate my point and to have you actually think for once, I'll ask you to tell me what's the benefit of creationism. What's the benefit?

That feeling now tells you finding a benefit for something that explains things is not relevant. The title itself is fallacious. Go on, tell me what are the benefits of creationism then we'll talk.

There is no benefit in such things. I think the years of blind faith has dulled your mind, making you not capable of understanding this. To prove my diagnosis, may you please demonstrate that you cannot understand this simple concept that your argument is invalid and irrelevant?

You just stepped into the bait. I made you react like a senseless woman who can answer only with weakness using the Ricochet Question, topped with Ad Hominem. Lol. You are resourceless within your own world view.

Creationism benefits individuals and humanity in this way:
Translations
1.) An intact future in eternity can be predictably apprehended.
Wishful thinking can be used to pacify your fear of death.
2.) The inherent dignity and value of people is established.
The true believers are far superior to every other human, just cos.
3.) People can find a far greater purpose for life and endeavors than for mere survival and hedonism.
People can convince themselves that they won't be dead when they die.
4.) Large amounts of wasted funding can be retrieved from needless Scientific inquiry and pointless Academics.
These smart people make you insecure and you want their money for living in a cave.
5.) People can know for sure they are not just another animal.
People can use that wishful thinking to consider themselves more important than anything and they won't be dead when they die.
Sound good? Do you even care about good/bad distinctions? Maybe you like to pretend you do not ... ?
Have you ever come into contact with reality?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
AWSM0055
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 1:42:57 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 1:29:54 PM, Stegley wrote:
At 2/22/2016 12:23:15 PM, Jedd wrote:
At 2/22/2016 12:09:29 PM, Stegley wrote:
At 2/22/2016 9:19:20 AM, Jedd wrote:
At 2/22/2016 8:56:58 AM, Stegley wrote:
If Evolutionary Theory is a valid and essential undetstanding of human existence, then it should be a simple task for any adherent to give a quick and brief overview of how Evolutionary Theory has benefitted Society, Medicine, Politics, Cosmology, The Hard Sciences, Technology, and the price of a cheeseburger.

Nothing should be stopping anyone from providing this information. Remember, this OP has no relationship to you as a person, or to myself, but just to existing reality. So there is no reason to get upset and defensive. Hokay?

Thanks in advance.

Simple, really. Evolution helps us understand who we are and how we came to be. Not just us actually, but pretty much everything in the natural world.

We now have a better understanding of how living organisms work and change through time. Schools teach this and children can learn it and understand how humans originated. If you're going to refute, evolution does not base on faith, we can present all the evidence for evolution and creationism to a pupil and let them weigh it up, to see which one is more credible.

For the others, no, I can't tell you the benefits of evolution as much as you can tell me how the 1+1=2 equation has benefited politics or medicine. So there you have it. Evolution is just the origin of all the species we see today, including you. Whether you believe it or not, it's already a fact.

Did you neglect to mention any benefits of Evolutionary Theory because:

1.) You forgot, and wandered from the original question of the OP?

2.) You do not know the meaning of "benefit?"

3.) You are being mysterious like a Woman?

4.) You can cite no actual benefits of Evolutionary Theory in the six major areas I listed?

5.) You got tired and had to leave, or go talk about something else?

In order for me to clearly demonstrate my point and to have you actually think for once, I'll ask you to tell me what's the benefit of creationism. What's the benefit?

That feeling now tells you finding a benefit for something that explains things is not relevant. The title itself is fallacious. Go on, tell me what are the benefits of creationism then we'll talk.

There is no benefit in such things. I think the years of blind faith has dulled your mind, making you not capable of understanding this. To prove my diagnosis, may you please demonstrate that you cannot understand this simple concept that your argument is invalid and irrelevant?

You just stepped into the bait. I made you react like a senseless woman who can answer only with weakness using the Ricochet Question, topped with Ad Hominem. Lol. You are resourceless within your own world view.

misogynistic bastard

Creationism benefits individuals and humanity in this way:

1.) An intact future in eternity can be predictably apprehended.

Without proof, I reject this assertion.

2.) The inherent dignity and value of people is established.

Unsupported assertion.

3.) People can find a far greater purpose for life and endeavors than for mere survival and hedonism.

Meaningless and unsupported.

4.) Large amounts of wasted funding can be retrieved from needless Scientific inquiry and pointless Academics.

Lousy f*ckwittery.

5.) People can know for sure they are not just another animal.

Your an animal. Here's a bible! Go fetch!

Sound good? Do you even care about good/bad distinctions? Maybe you like to pretend you do not ... ?

Sounds great! If only you weren't lying like the misogynistic, pathetic piece of sh*t that you are!

How has evolution theory helped humanity? Without it, we would still be singing kumbaya while offering a goat sacrifice to Cathulu to heal small pox outbreak.

Furthermore, evolution theory has helped scientists to better understand genetics and modifications of said genetics. It has also helped explain the similarities and differences of different species of animals all and how they all link together.

It also helps to understand which types of animals to test drugs on before using on humans (animals similar to humans will react to certain chemicals in a similar manner etc).

And as bulproof said before, it helps to enhance antibiotics.

GFY
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 1:42:59 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 1:29:54 PM, Stegley wrote:
At 2/22/2016 12:23:15 PM, Jedd wrote:
At 2/22/2016 12:09:29 PM, Stegley wrote:
At 2/22/2016 9:19:20 AM, Jedd wrote:
At 2/22/2016 8:56:58 AM, Stegley wrote:
If Evolutionary Theory is a valid and essential undetstanding of human existence, then it should be a simple task for any adherent to give a quick and brief overview of how Evolutionary Theory has benefitted Society, Medicine, Politics, Cosmology, The Hard Sciences, Technology, and the price of a cheeseburger.

Nothing should be stopping anyone from providing this information. Remember, this OP has no relationship to you as a person, or to myself, but just to existing reality. So there is no reason to get upset and defensive. Hokay?

Thanks in advance.

Simple, really. Evolution helps us understand who we are and how we came to be. Not just us actually, but pretty much everything in the natural world.

We now have a better understanding of how living organisms work and change through time. Schools teach this and children can learn it and understand how humans originated. If you're going to refute, evolution does not base on faith, we can present all the evidence for evolution and creationism to a pupil and let them weigh it up, to see which one is more credible.

For the others, no, I can't tell you the benefits of evolution as much as you can tell me how the 1+1=2 equation has benefited politics or medicine. So there you have it. Evolution is just the origin of all the species we see today, including you. Whether you believe it or not, it's already a fact.

Did you neglect to mention any benefits of Evolutionary Theory because:

1.) You forgot, and wandered from the original question of the OP?

2.) You do not know the meaning of "benefit?"

3.) You are being mysterious like a Woman?

4.) You can cite no actual benefits of Evolutionary Theory in the six major areas I listed?

5.) You got tired and had to leave, or go talk about something else?

In order for me to clearly demonstrate my point and to have you actually think for once, I'll ask you to tell me what's the benefit of creationism. What's the benefit?

That feeling now tells you finding a benefit for something that explains things is not relevant. The title itself is fallacious. Go on, tell me what are the benefits of creationism then we'll talk.

There is no benefit in such things. I think the years of blind faith has dulled your mind, making you not capable of understanding this. To prove my diagnosis, may you please demonstrate that you cannot understand this simple concept that your argument is invalid and irrelevant?

You just stepped into the bait. I made you react like a senseless woman who can answer only with weakness using the Ricochet Question, topped with Ad Hominem. Lol. You are resourceless within your own world view.

Creationism benefits individuals and humanity in this way:

1.) An intact future in eternity can be predictably apprehended.

2.) The inherent dignity and value of people is established.

3.) People can find a far greater purpose for life and endeavors than for mere survival and hedonism.

4.) Large amounts of wasted funding can be retrieved from needless Scientific inquiry and pointless Academics.

5.) People can know for sure they are not just another animal.

Sound good? Do you even care about good/bad distinctions? Maybe you like to pretend you do not ... ?

Great, now can you provide one iota of evidence for any of those daft claims?

Also is there any chance of a comparative cost/benefit analyses between scientific funding and the huge wealth of religious institutions?
Jedd
Posts: 77
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 1:53:42 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 1:29:54 PM, Stegley wrote:
At 2/22/2016 12:23:15 PM, Jedd wrote:
At 2/22/2016 12:09:29 PM, Stegley wrote:
At 2/22/2016 9:19:20 AM, Jedd wrote:
At 2/22/2016 8:56:58 AM, Stegley wrote:
If Evolutionary Theory is a valid and essential undetstanding of human existence, then it should be a simple task for any adherent to give a quick and brief overview of how Evolutionary Theory has benefitted Society, Medicine, Politics, Cosmology, The Hard Sciences, Technology, and the price of a cheeseburger.

Nothing should be stopping anyone from providing this information. Remember, this OP has no relationship to you as a person, or to myself, but just to existing reality. So there is no reason to get upset and defensive. Hokay?

Thanks in advance.

Simple, really. Evolution helps us understand who we are and how we came to be. Not just us actually, but pretty much everything in the natural world.

We now have a better understanding of how living organisms work and change through time. Schools teach this and children can learn it and understand how humans originated. If you're going to refute, evolution does not base on faith, we can present all the evidence for evolution and creationism to a pupil and let them weigh it up, to see which one is more credible.

For the others, no, I can't tell you the benefits of evolution as much as you can tell me how the 1+1=2 equation has benefited politics or medicine. So there you have it. Evolution is just the origin of all the species we see today, including you. Whether you believe it or not, it's already a fact.

Did you neglect to mention any benefits of Evolutionary Theory because:

1.) You forgot, and wandered from the original question of the OP?

2.) You do not know the meaning of "benefit?"

3.) You are being mysterious like a Woman?

4.) You can cite no actual benefits of Evolutionary Theory in the six major areas I listed?

5.) You got tired and had to leave, or go talk about something else?

In order for me to clearly demonstrate my point and to have you actually think for once, I'll ask you to tell me what's the benefit of creationism. What's the benefit?

That feeling now tells you finding a benefit for something that explains things is not relevant. The title itself is fallacious. Go on, tell me what are the benefits of creationism then we'll talk.

There is no benefit in such things. I think the years of blind faith has dulled your mind, making you not capable of understanding this. To prove my diagnosis, may you please demonstrate that you cannot understand this simple concept that your argument is invalid and irrelevant?

You just stepped into the bait. I made you react like a senseless woman who can answer only with weakness using the Ricochet Question, topped with Ad Hominem. Lol. You are resourceless within your own world view.

Cool.

Creationism benefits individuals and humanity in this way:

1.) An intact future in eternity can be predictably apprehended.
In what way? With species facing extinction and others already extinct, will your all-powerful intelligent creator float down here and create a new set of species again? I don't see how in creationism the future is apprehended in any way. Evolution however, with the knowledge of how circumstances are going to be in the future, we can predict how the species are going to evolve into in order to adapt. For instance, jellyfish, preferring warm waters would probably thrive. Humans, with our intellect and eyes staring at screens more and more often would probably develop big eyes and bigger brains. That is how evolution predicts the future. How does creationism do it?

2.) The inherent dignity and value of people is established.
People are dignified and valued as they are. It's really sad to see how the only dignity and value you get is because you believe some sky deity created you. I fail to see how humans being evolved from a common ancestor with chimps is in any way defaming. I view humans even more beautifully as to how we could rise above all odds and be a civilized species.

3.) People can find a far greater purpose for life and endeavors than for mere survival and hedonism.
People already have. Just asking, what lies in store for your purpose of life, believing in creationism? You make your own purpose in life, not to be a slave to some unknown deity. Does that some more like liberty, like true free will?

4.) Large amounts of wasted funding can be retrieved from needless Scientific inquiry and pointless Academics.
Well, my friend. Let me tell you something about 'wasting'. You can throw your smartphone and PC out of the window because those are also 'needless Scientific inquiry and pointless Academics.' Medicine required to save your futile life and all that we learn of the human body or all the other life forms could be ditched too. All the things you use today are things that could not have stemmed if everybody just said 'God did it.' I consider a waste of the human ability to reason and think critically if you support blind faith, for example creationism, which has no evidence whatsoever.

5.) People can know for sure they are not just another animal.
They are. Let me put it this way- maybe someday more intellectually advanced aliens traversing through time and space are going to say 'Oh, look, humans! They have the internet! How smart of these animals!' Just like us saying 'Oh, look. dolphins! That know how to work together! How smart of these animals!' Get me? Humans are animals, whether you accept it or not, we just have more developed brains that make us who we are today.

Sound good? Do you even care about good/bad distinctions? Maybe you like to pretend you do not ... ?
What?

Honestly, it sounds like you know that humans are animals, but just don't dare to accept it. In what way is it scary? We just have big brains and have learned to make sense of things. Open your mind, man, we never got far with our minds closed. When is this, the Dark Ages?
Stegley
Posts: 158
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 4:25:35 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 12:26:22 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/22/2016 12:11:14 PM, Stegley wrote:
At 2/22/2016 9:23:15 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/22/2016 8:56:58 AM, Stegley wrote:
If Evolutionary Theory is a valid and essential undetstanding of human existence, then it should be a simple task for any adherent to give a quick and brief overview of how Evolutionary Theory has benefitted Society, Medicine, Politics, Cosmology, The Hard Sciences, Technology, and the price of a cheeseburger.

Nothing should be stopping anyone from providing this information. Remember, this OP has no relationship to you as a person, or to myself, but just to existing reality. So there is no reason to get upset and defensive. Hokay?

Thanks in advance.
Stay away from doctors and hospitals they use the witchcraft you call evilution.

Tell me how Evolutionary Theory has enabled and sustained doctors and hospitals. Go ahead. Step up with trends and facts. Be strong and smart.

antibiotics, damn you ask hard questions.

Tell me how Evolutionary Theory has enabled the development of antibiotics. Give this specific information, instead of babbling about something else. Can you do that?
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 5:23:55 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 4:25:35 PM, Stegley wrote:
At 2/22/2016 12:26:22 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/22/2016 12:11:14 PM, Stegley wrote:
At 2/22/2016 9:23:15 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/22/2016 8:56:58 AM, Stegley wrote:
If Evolutionary Theory is a valid and essential undetstanding of human existence, then it should be a simple task for any adherent to give a quick and brief overview of how Evolutionary Theory has benefitted Society, Medicine, Politics, Cosmology, The Hard Sciences, Technology, and the price of a cheeseburger.

Nothing should be stopping anyone from providing this information. Remember, this OP has no relationship to you as a person, or to myself, but just to existing reality. So there is no reason to get upset and defensive. Hokay?

Thanks in advance.
Stay away from doctors and hospitals they use the witchcraft you call evilution.

Tell me how Evolutionary Theory has enabled and sustained doctors and hospitals. Go ahead. Step up with trends and facts. Be strong and smart.

antibiotics, damn you ask hard questions.

Tell me how Evolutionary Theory has enabled the development of antibiotics. Give this specific information, instead of babbling about something else. Can you do that?

It helps to prevent predictable strains of resistance. You know, when a bug starts becoming immune to a bug, so we treat it with a different anti-bio, so the bug then becomes immune to THAT now, too. Through understanding evolutionary theory, its possible to apply drugs or immunizations that prevent or retard the ability of the bug in question to resist our offense.

Secondly, diabetes and insulin are essentially created by manipulating certain bacteria to produce the chemicals needed, rather than the ones required for their (the bacteria's) own life processes.

While not specifically antibotics, cancer research also has to take careful notice of what cancers are becoming resistant to drugs. This would enable a doc to prescribe a more effective treatment, one that might reduce the chance of the patient's cancer being resistant.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 5:27:08 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 1:29:54 PM, Stegley wrote:
At 2/22/2016 12:23:15 PM, Jedd wrote:
At 2/22/2016 12:09:29 PM, Stegley wrote:
At 2/22/2016 9:19:20 AM, Jedd wrote:
At 2/22/2016 8:56:58 AM, Stegley wrote:
If Evolutionary Theory is a valid and essential undetstanding of human existence, then it should be a simple task for any adherent to give a quick and brief overview of how Evolutionary Theory has benefitted Society, Medicine, Politics, Cosmology, The Hard Sciences, Technology, and the price of a cheeseburger.

Nothing should be stopping anyone from providing this information. Remember, this OP has no relationship to you as a person, or to myself, but just to existing reality. So there is no reason to get upset and defensive. Hokay?

Thanks in advance.

Simple, really. Evolution helps us understand who we are and how we came to be. Not just us actually, but pretty much everything in the natural world.

We now have a better understanding of how living organisms work and change through time. Schools teach this and children can learn it and understand how humans originated. If you're going to refute, evolution does not base on faith, we can present all the evidence for evolution and creationism to a pupil and let them weigh it up, to see which one is more credible.

For the others, no, I can't tell you the benefits of evolution as much as you can tell me how the 1+1=2 equation has benefited politics or medicine. So there you have it. Evolution is just the origin of all the species we see today, including you. Whether you believe it or not, it's already a fact.

Did you neglect to mention any benefits of Evolutionary Theory because:

1.) You forgot, and wandered from the original question of the OP?

2.) You do not know the meaning of "benefit?"

3.) You are being mysterious like a Woman?

4.) You can cite no actual benefits of Evolutionary Theory in the six major areas I listed?

5.) You got tired and had to leave, or go talk about something else?

In order for me to clearly demonstrate my point and to have you actually think for once, I'll ask you to tell me what's the benefit of creationism. What's the benefit?

That feeling now tells you finding a benefit for something that explains things is not relevant. The title itself is fallacious. Go on, tell me what are the benefits of creationism then we'll talk.

There is no benefit in such things. I think the years of blind faith has dulled your mind, making you not capable of understanding this. To prove my diagnosis, may you please demonstrate that you cannot understand this simple concept that your argument is invalid and irrelevant?

You just stepped into the bait. I made you react like a senseless woman who can answer only with weakness using the Ricochet Question, topped with Ad Hominem. Lol. You are resourceless within your own world view.

Creationism benefits individuals and humanity in this way:

1.) An intact future in eternity can be predictably apprehended.

This is an assertion. If it were so easily predictable, you could demonstrate it, or in some way reveal it other than faith from a tome.

2.) The inherent dignity and value of people is established.

Religion is not needed for this to occur: all one needs is empathy.

3.) People can find a far greater purpose for life and endeavors than for mere survival and hedonism.

People can do that without religion. If I can assign purpose to things around me, why can I not assign purpose to myself?

4.) Large amounts of wasted funding can be retrieved from needless Scientific inquiry and pointless Academics.

And whose discretion shall that fall upon? That which is "needless" or "pointless"?

5.) People can know for sure they are not just another animal.

And, again, religion is not specifically needed for that.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 5:45:45 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Evolutionary principles and their practical application
Evolutionary principles are now routinely incorporated into medicine and agriculture. Examples include the design of treatments that slow the evolution of resistance by weeds, pests, and pathogens, and the design of breeding programs that maximize crop yield or quality. Evolutionary principles are also increasingly incorporated into conservation biology, natural resource management, and environmental science. Examples include the protection of small and isolated populations from inbreeding depression, the identification of key traits involved in adaptation to climate change, the design of harvesting regimes that minimize unwanted life-history evolution, and the setting of conservation priorities based on populations, species, or communities that harbor the greatest evolutionary diversity and potential. The adoption of evolutionary principles has proceeded somewhat independently in these different fields, even though the underlying fundamental concepts are the same. We explore these fundamental concepts under four main themes: variation, selection, connectivity, and eco-evolutionary dynamics. Within each theme, we present several key evolutionary principles and illustrate their use in addressing applied problems. We hope that the resulting primer of evolutionary concepts and their practical utility helps to advance a unified multidisciplinary field of applied evolutionary biology.
-- Evolutionary principles and their practical application, Andrew P Hendry, Michael T Kinnison, Mikko Heino, Troy Day, Thomas B Smith, Gary Fitt, Carl T Bergstrom, John Oakeshott, Peter S Joergensen, Myron P Zalucki, George Gilchrist, Simon Southerton, Andrew Sih, Sharon Strauss, Robert F Denison, and Scott P Carroll, Evol Appl. 2011 Mar; 4(2): 159-183, reproduced at [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...]

The Wiley Special Issue on this topic can be found here: [http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com...]
Stegley
Posts: 158
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 11:15:45 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 5:45:45 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
Evolutionary principles and their practical application
Evolutionary principles are now routinely incorporated into medicine and agriculture. Examples include the design of treatments that slow the evolution of resistance by weeds, pests, and pathogens, and the design of breeding programs that maximize crop yield or quality. Evolutionary principles are also increasingly incorporated into conservation biology, natural resource management, and environmental science. Examples include the protection of small and isolated populations from inbreeding depression, the identification of key traits involved in adaptation to climate change, the design of harvesting regimes that minimize unwanted life-history evolution, and the setting of conservation priorities based on populations, species, or communities that harbor the greatest evolutionary diversity and potential. The adoption of evolutionary principles has proceeded somewhat independently in these different fields, even though the underlying fundamental concepts are the same. We explore these fundamental concepts under four main themes: variation, selection, connectivity, and eco-evolutionary dynamics. Within each theme, we present several key evolutionary principles and illustrate their use in addressing applied problems. We hope that the resulting primer of evolutionary concepts and their practical utility helps to advance a unified multidisciplinary field of applied evolutionary biology.
-- Evolutionary principles and their practical application, Andrew P Hendry, Michael T Kinnison, Mikko Heino, Troy Day, Thomas B Smith, Gary Fitt, Carl T Bergstrom, John Oakeshott, Peter S Joergensen, Myron P Zalucki, George Gilchrist, Simon Southerton, Andrew Sih, Sharon Strauss, Robert F Denison, and Scott P Carroll, Evol Appl. 2011 Mar; 4(2): 159-183, reproduced at [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...]

The Wiley Special Issue on this topic can be found here: [http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com...]

So, any little genetic change is now being called "evilutuon."

ROFL! These descendents of slime and apes do not have much substance in their English comprehension skills.

"Resistance to antibiotics." Lol.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 11:23:05 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 11:15:45 PM, Stegley wrote:
At 2/22/2016 5:45:45 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
Evolutionary principles and their practical application, Andrew P Hendry, Michael T Kinnison, Mikko Heino, Troy Day, Thomas B Smith, Gary Fitt, Carl T Bergstrom, John Oakeshott, Peter S Joergensen, Myron P Zalucki, George Gilchrist, Simon Southerton, Andrew Sih, Sharon Strauss, Robert F Denison, and Scott P Carroll, Evol Appl. 2011 Mar; 4(2): 159-183, reproduced at [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...]
The Wiley Special Issue on this topic can be found here: [http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com...]
So, any little genetic change is now being called "evilutuon."
ROFL! These descendents of slime and apes do not have much substance in their English comprehension skills.
"Resistance to antibiotics." Lol.
Your contribution to a constructive, reasoned, evidentiary discussion of topic?
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 1:07:18 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 8:56:58 AM, Stegley wrote:
If Evolutionary Theory is a valid and essential undetstanding of human existence, then it should be a simple task for any adherent to give a quick and brief overview of how Evolutionary Theory has benefitted Society, Medicine, Politics, Cosmology, The Hard Sciences, Technology, and the price of a cheeseburger.

Nothing should be stopping anyone from providing this information. Remember, this OP has no relationship to you as a person, or to myself, but just to existing reality. So there is no reason to get upset and defensive. Hokay?

Thanks in advance.

that isn't how evolution works, evolution is how living things change over time to fit their environments. it has nothing to do with society, politics, cosmology, or the price of food.
i suggest starting with this video of the dover trial (evolution vs creationism)
it is good for beginners.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 1:33:21 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 8:56:58 AM, Stegley wrote:
If Evolutionary Theory is a valid and essential undetstanding of human existence, then it should be a simple task for any adherent to give a quick and brief overview of how Evolutionary Theory has benefitted Society, Medicine, Politics, Cosmology, The Hard Sciences, Technology, and the price of a cheeseburger.

Nothing should be stopping anyone from providing this information. Remember, this OP has no relationship to you as a person, or to myself, but just to existing reality. So there is no reason to get upset and defensive. Hokay?

Thanks in advance.

TRANSLATION:

"I'm ignorant, lazy and know nothing about science, so look up and post a bunch of stuff for me while I sit back and laugh at your efforts as I have no intention of learning anything, anyways. Hokay?

Screw you all."
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
ken1122
Posts: 473
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 1:41:38 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 8:56:58 AM, Stegley wrote:
If Evolutionary Theory is a valid and essential undetstanding of human existence, then it should be a simple task for any adherent to give a quick and brief overview of how Evolutionary Theory has benefitted Society, Medicine, Politics, Cosmology, The Hard Sciences, Technology, and the price of a cheeseburger.

Nothing should be stopping anyone from providing this information. Remember, this OP has no relationship to you as a person, or to myself, but just to existing reality. So there is no reason to get upset and defensive. Hokay?

Thanks in advance.
I don"t think Evolution helps, in many cases it is a hinderance. Ever wonder why this years flu vaccine is different than last years? And next years will be different than this years? If it were not for evolution, the same vaccine would work year after year.
In agriculture, farmers will often find their insecticide is no longer effective against pests and must change because the pests have evolved in a way that it is no longer effective.

These are examples of evolution taking place that people deal with on a daily basis. I don"t think evolution is something that benefits society, its just something that happens that must be taken into account when getting things done.

Ken