Total Posts:128|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Interview with Atheism

Sophisto
Posts: 121
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 9:49:44 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Sophisto: So, to begin with...how do and should one define you? Better yet, how are you sentient?

Atheism: The lack of belief in a god. And this is a strawman.
Sophisto: How simplistic. That can't be all you are. What about the stereotypes, the counterculture, the recognizable personality?

Atheism: What stereotypes? What counterculture? What recognizable personality?
Sophisto: Arrogance, superior intelligence, burden-shy, science-sycophancy, etc.
Atheism: No, go on.
Sophisto: Group narcissism, logic Nazi, etc.
Atheism: Done yet?
Sophisto: Wannabe omniscience, Satan-emulation, etc.
Atheism: Why do you keep listing etc. and then making up random and false accusations?

Sophisto: If you are so much smarter than I, figure it out.
Atheism: Never mind.
Sophisto: So....atheism has its own personality or not?
Atheism: Atheism is just a lack of belief in a god. What's so hard about stopping at that?

Sophisto: Because you are not in control over what humans add to atheism and how they do it unknowingly. You are not omniscient.
Atheism: Is this going somewhere?

Sophisto: Wherever your minions want it to go...
Atheism: I wouldn't humor this guy...
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 10:26:34 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Sophisto, would you say that Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists or Hindus have only one stereotype?

We can identify recognisable types among these faiths, but would we ever say there is only one type, except from ignorance, malignance or bigotry?

But for argument's sake, let's agree that some recognisable types of people reject religion.

Yet with what assurance can you say that:
1) there's only one type; or that
2) such a type arises from rejecting religion, rather than rejection of religion arising from the type?

Bear in mind that of some seven billion people, about ten percent -- 700 million -- have no religion. That's almost twice the total US population, and more people than ever worshiped a god during the Middle Ages. Of those, about a fifth reject belief in gods entirely: that's four New York cities of people who reject entirely the value of thinking about disembodied persons running the universe.

Now, how many have you met?

And here's something else worth considering:

Among US atheists, some 2/3 say they talk about their disbelief to the faithful seldom or never. [http://www.pewresearch.org...] So how representative are your impressions of atheists who criticise faith?
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 10:30:30 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Me: So what do you belive in Atheism?

Atheism: I don't believe in anything. Atheism is a lack of belief.

Me: So you have a lack of belief in Evolution?

Atheism: No. I believe in Evolution.

Me: So you do have beliefs.

Atheism: No. Atheism is a lack of beliefs.

Me: So you don't believe in walking whales?

Atheism: No. Walking whales are absurd.

Me: Walking whales are a part of evolution.

Atheism: Oh wait. Yes I believe in walking whales then.

Me: Do you believe hyennas are the forfathers of whales?

Atheism: No, that's ridiculus.

Me: That's how whales evolved, from hyennas, according to evolutionists.

Atheism: Well, yeah I believe that is true then.

Me: Do you believe in Paleantology?

Atheism: Of course.

Me: So you do have beliefs.

Atheism: No. Atheism is a lack of beliefs.

Me: But you do believe in paleantology?

Atheism: Yes. Facts are facts.

Me: Paleantologists claim to have found the Kraken, the Nephelim, and walking whales. Do you believe they found those creatures?

Atheism: Those creatures are ridiculous. Of course no one found them. But walking whale is a part of the presentation of evolutionists.

Atheism: Wait, yeah.I believe in the walking whale, just not the Kraken or Nephelim. Wait. Is a Nephelim part of evolution?

Me: I don't know. What do you believe?

Atheism: I have no beliefs.

Me: (With sarcasm) Um, yeah. The Nephelim are a part of evolution.

Atheism: Oh yeah, I believe. What kind of creature is the Nephelim?

Me: Spawns of demons.

Atheism: Get serious. No. I don't believe in any such thing.

Me: But paleantologists found them.

Atheism: Do you believe everything presented to you? It probably came from a group trying to prove things philosophically or ideologically with an underlying agenda.

Me: So we believe the same thing.

Atheism: Yes.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
janesix
Posts: 3,439
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 10:35:18 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 10:30:30 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Me: So what do you belive in Atheism?

Atheism: I don't believe in anything. Atheism is a lack of belief.

Me: So you have a lack of belief in Evolution?

Atheism: No. I believe in Evolution.

Me: So you do have beliefs.

Atheism: No. Atheism is a lack of beliefs.

Me: So you don't believe in walking whales?

Atheism: No. Walking whales are absurd.

Me: Walking whales are a part of evolution.

Atheism: Oh wait. Yes I believe in walking whales then.

Me: Do you believe hyennas are the forfathers of whales?

Atheism: No, that's ridiculus.

Me: That's how whales evolved, from hyennas, according to evolutionists.

Atheism: Well, yeah I believe that is true then.

Me: Do you believe in Paleantology?

Atheism: Of course.

Me: So you do have beliefs.

Atheism: No. Atheism is a lack of beliefs.

Me: But you do believe in paleantology?

Atheism: Yes. Facts are facts.

Me: Paleantologists claim to have found the Kraken, the Nephelim, and walking whales. Do you believe they found those creatures?

Atheism: Those creatures are ridiculous. Of course no one found them. But walking whale is a part of the presentation of evolutionists.

Atheism: Wait, yeah.I believe in the walking whale, just not the Kraken or Nephelim. Wait. Is a Nephelim part of evolution?

Me: I don't know. What do you believe?

Atheism: I have no beliefs.

Me: (With sarcasm) Um, yeah. The Nephelim are a part of evolution.

Atheism: Oh yeah, I believe. What kind of creature is the Nephelim?

Me: Spawns of demons.

Atheism: Get serious. No. I don't believe in any such thing.

Me: But paleantologists found them.

Atheism: Do you believe everything presented to you? It probably came from a group trying to prove things philosophically or ideologically with an underlying agenda.

Me: So we believe the same thing.

Atheism: Yes.

Wrong, atheism is merely a lack of belief in God/Gods. Not a lack of belief in anything. Try again.
Sophisto
Posts: 121
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 10:52:38 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Atheism: Well, I tried.
Sophisto: What can you do? It's not like atheists arbitrarily rebel against religious influence...oh wait; another trait. My strawman of you isn't that biased. I even maintain your denotation's integrity. Why? Because I can.

Atheism: As long as we're doing this...what DO you have to say about RuvDraba's comments?
Sophisto: Internet atheists are the most outspoken, so why bother with ordinary atheists who do not contribute to the discourse.
Atheism: That's flawed, to say the least.
Sophisto: This is a participation game. Refraining from contribution deems you ineligible for quantification.
Atheism: I am not allowed to knowingly provide an opinion that indicates biased portrayal by Sophisto...
brontoraptor
Posts: 11,685
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/22/2016 10:54:25 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Atheism: How dare you try to give people hope and offer my children eternal life! I want them to die all right???!!

Me:...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 12:01:40 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
I have had to much, or not enough beer to understand the origin of this post.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 12:29:49 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 10:52:38 PM, Sophisto wrote:
Atheism: As long as we're doing this...what DO you have to say about RuvDraba's comments?
Sophisto: Internet atheists are the most outspoken, so why bother with ordinary atheists who do not contribute to the discourse.
Atheism: That's flawed, to say the least.
Sophisto: This is a participation game. Refraining from contribution deems you ineligible for quantification.
Atheism: I am not allowed to knowingly provide an opinion that indicates biased portrayal by Sophisto...

Sophisto, I can't help but find your name ironic, given your tendency to rhetoric over evidence.

Let's look at what you can reasonably infer from an atheist partcipating in a Religion forum on a debate site:
(i) They don't believe in gods;
(ii) They're willing to discuss why; and
(iii) They're likely to appreciate debating protocols including emphasis on evidence, reason and critical thought.

And here's what you can't infer from this information alone:
1) Whether they think religion is or has ever been beneficial;
2) How much science they understand or will defend;
3) How much religious tradition they hold true;
4) Whether they grew up with religious instruction and/or have ever held a faith, or no;
5) How many religious friends or family they may have;
6) What they think of the religious in general, and of religious moral thought;
7) How they spent last Christmas, Chanukah or Eid;
8) How they voted, or their position on policy issues in general;
9) What they think of religious art, architecture, festivals or music; and
10) Whether they'd embrace a religion if they saw sufficient evidence.

And this illustrates why trying to limit atheists -- even atheists on a debate site -- to a single stereotype is ignorant and foolhardy, and risks also being bigoted and malignant.

But when you consider all the atheists not on debate sites, that's why talking about atheists in general is even weaker. The best sources of information on the spread of how atheists live and what they think are independent surveys such as those conducted by the Pew Centre. Atheists tend to reference these in debate themselves since they have little better information, yet I'm always surprised at how few religious do, and am sometimes impelled to ask the religious whether possessing a Bible and a penis means you can make up whatever you want unresearched, and presuppose it true.

That seems to be what you're doing at the moment, Sophisto. No research, no references, but plenty of straw-manning, ad-hominems and evasion based on no better authority than your own self-satisfaction.

Is that's really the best you have?
Sophisto
Posts: 121
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 1:02:39 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Sophisto: Yes, because all your logic, research and evidence still remain impotent at the ambition of solving the problem of evil and the men who wish to use it for their own ambitions.
Yes, because at the end of the day, when I prove to be right with minimal effort exerted, it will demonstrate that my interpretation of God is the most potent, logical, researched and self-evident. If I manage to resurrect the glory days of Plato and Aristotle instead of these pisspoor excuses for apologists, then I will retire an accomplished sophist.
I could cite sources for appearance's sake, but I fear no one is bothering to tread the same path I am or even has for a millennia. There is no MLA format in the world of pioneering, especially the frontier I am exploring. So why would I rely on corroboration when there is no witness but me to what I have to offer?

Atheism: Okayyy...anyone care enough to respond to that?
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 1:06:25 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/23/2016 1:02:39 AM, Sophisto wrote:
Sophisto: Yes, because all your logic, research and evidence still remain impotent at the ambition of solving the problem of evil and the men who wish to use it for their own ambitions.

Whats to solve, exactly?

Yes, because at the end of the day, when I prove to be right with minimal effort exerted, it will demonstrate that my interpretation of God is the most potent, logical, researched and self-evident. If I manage to resurrect the glory days of Plato and Aristotle instead of these pisspoor excuses for apologists, then I will retire an accomplished sophist.

Were God to be most potent, logical, and self evidence... why does He need you, exactly?

I could cite sources for appearance's sake, but I fear no one is bothering to tread the same path I am or even has for a millennia. There is no MLA format in the world of pioneering, especially the frontier I am exploring. So why would I rely on corroboration when there is no witness but me to what I have to offer?

I wasn't aware that witnesses of one are the most potent, logical, and self evident. Interesting.


Atheism: Okayyy...anyone care enough to respond to that?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Sophisto
Posts: 121
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 1:10:01 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
The necessity for a complementing perspective is what Christianity screeches for, but at a frequency only those that are looking for such a questionable sound will find.

My following case for an antichrist...
http://www.debate.org...
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 1:10:54 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 10:54:25 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Atheism: How dare you try to give people hope and offer my children eternal life! I want them to die all right???!!
Me:...

Number of people Bronto has tried to sell on eternal life: hundreds
Number of people actually risen from the dead whom Bronto has helped: zero
Number of people requiring Bronto's sponsorship to enter any religion they choose: zero

Wouldn't it be fairer to say, Bronto, that strangers don't need you for their hope of eternal life, so much as you need strangers to maintain your faith in yours?
Sophisto
Posts: 121
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 1:13:02 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Sophisto: Basically, to piss him off again and go hulk on some ISIS douches.

Atheism: Keep dreaming. And what's keeping God from stepping on you?

Sophisto: Smiling, "Jesus."
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 1:14:57 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Am I supposed to take this seriously?
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 1:19:42 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/23/2016 12:29:49 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 2/23/2016 1:02:39 AM, Sophisto wrote:
Sophisto, I can't help but find your name ironic, given your tendency to rhetoric over evidence.
No research, no references, but plenty of straw-manning, ad-hominems and evasion based on no better authority than your own self-satisfaction.
Is that's really the best you have?
Sophisto: Yes, because all your logic, research and evidence still remain impotent at the ambition of solving the problem of evil and the men who wish to use it for their own ambitions.
Yes, because at the end of the day, when I prove to be right with minimal effort exerted, it will demonstrate that my interpretation of God is the most potent, logical, researched and self-evident. If I manage to resurrect the glory days of Plato and Aristotle instead of these pisspoor excuses for apologists, then I will retire an accomplished sophist.
I could cite sources for appearance's sake, but I fear no one is bothering to tread the same path I am or even has for a millennia. There is no MLA format in the world of pioneering, especially the frontier I am exploring. So why would I rely on corroboration when there is no witness but me to what I have to offer?

Sophisto condensed: Yes, because I like my ignorance, bare assertions, wild speculations and rhetoric more than any evidence, because of how much I like me.
Sophisto
Posts: 121
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 1:23:24 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Your description of my "vanity" isn't useful yet. Keep it for later when my fellow Christian idiots try to crucify me or whatever their version will be. Passing me off as just another believer will come in handy.
Sophisto
Posts: 121
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 1:32:15 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
By the way, any disrespectful atheist who commented on this thread despite the warning/prediction not to; you only have yourself to blame. Call me ignorant...you literally ignored the test....!
missmedic
Posts: 387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 2:28:40 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 9:49:44 PM, Sophisto wrote:
Sophisto: So, to begin with...how do and should one define you? Better yet, how are you sentient?

Atheism: The lack of belief in a god. And this is a strawman.
Sophisto: How simplistic. That can't be all you are. What about the stereotypes, the counterculture, the recognizable personality?

Atheism: What stereotypes? What counterculture? What recognizable personality?
Sophisto: Arrogance, superior intelligence, burden-shy, science-sycophancy, etc.
Atheism: No, go on.
Sophisto: Group narcissism, logic Nazi, etc.
Atheism: Done yet?
Sophisto: Wannabe omniscience, Satan-emulation, etc.
Atheism: Why do you keep listing etc. and then making up random and false accusations?

Sophisto: If you are so much smarter than I, figure it out.
Atheism: Never mind.
Sophisto: So....atheism has its own personality or not?
Atheism: Atheism is just a lack of belief in a god. What's so hard about stopping at that?

Sophisto: Because you are not in control over what humans add to atheism and how they do it unknowingly. You are not omniscient.
Atheism: Is this going somewhere?

Sophisto: Wherever your minions want it to go...
Atheism: I wouldn't humor this guy...

Are you schizophrenic?
Sophisto
Posts: 121
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 2:30:15 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
You do know that some members put info on their profile; whether it's credible is another story...
TREssspa
Posts: 567
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 3:16:52 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 10:26:34 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
Sophisto, would you say that Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists or Hindus have only one stereotype?

Mention a single stereotype Hindus have.

We can identify recognisable types among these faiths, but would we ever say there is only one type, except from ignorance, malignance or bigotry?

But for argument's sake, let's agree that some recognisable types of people reject religion.

Yet with what assurance can you say that:
1) there's only one type; or that
2) such a type arises from rejecting religion, rather than rejection of religion arising from the type?

Bear in mind that of some seven billion people, about ten percent -- 700 million -- have no religion. That's almost twice the total US population, and more people than ever worshiped a god during the Middle Ages. Of those, about a fifth reject belief in gods entirely: that's four New York cities of people who reject entirely the value of thinking about disembodied persons running the universe.

Now, how many have you met?

And here's something else worth considering:

Among US atheists, some 2/3 say they talk about their disbelief to the faithful seldom or never. [http://www.pewresearch.org...] So how representative are your impressions of atheists who criticise faith?
TREssspa
Posts: 567
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 3:19:26 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 10:30:30 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Me: So what do you belive in Atheism?

Atheism: I don't believe in anything. Atheism is a lack of belief.

Me: So you have a lack of belief in Evolution?

Atheism: No. I believe in Evolution.

Me: So you do have beliefs.

Atheism: No. Atheism is a lack of beliefs.

Me: So you don't believe in walking whales?

Atheism: No. Walking whales are absurd.

Me: Walking whales are a part of evolution.

Atheism: Oh wait. Yes I believe in walking whales then.

L O L
Me: Do you believe hyennas are the forfathers of whales?

Atheism: No, that's ridiculus.

Me: That's how whales evolved, from hyennas, according to evolutionists.

Atheism: Well, yeah I believe that is true then.

Me: Do you believe in Paleantology?

Atheism: Of course.

Me: So you do have beliefs.

Atheism: No. Atheism is a lack of beliefs.

Me: But you do believe in paleantology?

Atheism: Yes. Facts are facts.

Me: Paleantologists claim to have found the Kraken, the Nephelim, and walking whales. Do you believe they found those creatures?

Atheism: Those creatures are ridiculous. Of course no one found them. But walking whale is a part of the presentation of evolutionists.

Atheism: Wait, yeah.I believe in the walking whale, just not the Kraken or Nephelim. Wait. Is a Nephelim part of evolution?

Me: I don't know. What do you believe?

Atheism: I have no beliefs.

Me: (With sarcasm) Um, yeah. The Nephelim are a part of evolution.

Atheism: Oh yeah, I believe. What kind of creature is the Nephelim?

Me: Spawns of demons.

Atheism: Get serious. No. I don't believe in any such thing.

Me: But paleantologists found them.

Atheism: Do you believe everything presented to you? It probably came from a group trying to prove things philosophically or ideologically with an underlying agenda.

Me: So we believe the same thing.

Atheism: Yes.
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 6:50:10 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/23/2016 3:16:52 AM, TREssspa wrote:
At 2/22/2016 10:26:34 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
Sophisto, would you say that Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists or Hindus have only one stereotype?
Mention a single stereotype Hindus have.
So you can have another go at pushing a barrow? I've told you before that I won't support your obvious attempts to derail.

But as an example, Hinduism is renowned internationally for the intense ascetic practices of some beliefs. [https://en.wikipedia.org...]. That is not to say Hinduism contains the most ascetics, or most extreme, or that asceticism is typical -- but Hindu ascetics are among the best known in the world.

As another example, Hinduism is itself the best-known example of polytheism in the world. So in the modern world, the stereotype of praying to multiple gods is itself attached in part to the traditions and rituals of Hinduism.

This answers your question in full, TRE. If you want to discuss Hinduism or asceticism, please start another thread.
TREssspa
Posts: 567
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 6:56:09 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/23/2016 6:50:10 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 2/23/2016 3:16:52 AM, TREssspa wrote:
At 2/22/2016 10:26:34 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
Sophisto, would you say that Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists or Hindus have only one stereotype?
Mention a single stereotype Hindus have.
So you can have another go at pushing a barrow? I've told you before that I won't support your obvious attempts to derail.

But as an example, Hinduism is renowned internationally for the intense ascetic practices of some beliefs. [https://en.wikipedia.org...]. That is not to say Hinduism contains the most ascetics, or most extreme, or that asceticism is typical -- but Hindu ascetics are among the best known in the world.

As another example, Hinduism is itself the best-known example of polytheism in the world. So in the modern world, the stereotype of praying to multiple gods is itself attached in part to the traditions and rituals of Hinduism.

This answers your question in full, TRE. If you want to discuss Hinduism or asceticism, please start another thread.

Multi armed gods and goddess belong only and only to Hinduism. Topic Closed.
TREssspa
Posts: 567
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 7:12:09 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
TREssspa : Do you believe in God?

Atheist : I lack the belief in God.

TREssspa : Does God exist?

Atheiest : You are brainwashed. There is NO God.

TREssspa : So you don't believe in God?

Atheist : I did not say so. I just lack the belief in God.

TREssspa : Is atheism a religion?

Atheist : lol, no man it is not a religion.

TREssspa : But you yourself have written in the DDO profile of yours- Religion : Atheist

Atheist : Irrivalent.
Jedd
Posts: 77
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 9:10:09 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/23/2016 7:12:09 AM, TREssspa wrote:
TREssspa : Do you believe in God?

Atheist : I lack the belief in God.

TREssspa : Does God exist?

Atheiest : No.

TREssspa : So you don't believe in God?

Atheist : I did not say so. I just lack the belief in God.

TREssspa : Is atheism a religion?

Atheist : Atheism is something like a negative religion. Religion needs you to believe in supernatural and obviously ridiculous claims, atheism weighs up the evidence and decides which side is credible. It's the complete opposite of religion, but we don't have a term for this group.

TREssspa : But you yourself have written in the DDO profile of yours- Religion : Atheist

Atheist : You have no arguments except for pointing out a mere option on my profile then?
Jedd
Posts: 77
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 9:32:05 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 9:49:44 PM, Sophisto wrote:
Sophisto: So, to begin with...how do and should one define you? Better yet, how are you sentient?

Atheism: The lack of belief in a god. Humans are sentient.
Sophisto: How simplistic. That can't be all you are. What about the stereotypes, the counterculture, the recognizable personality?

Atheism: What stereotypes? What counterculture? What recognizable personality?
Sophisto: Arrogance, superior intelligence, burden-shy, science-sycophancy, etc.
Atheism: We are very open to new facts. If there is solid proof that God exists, we will willingly switch our stance. But there is none. I believe we are a mere life form that is insignificant in the massive vastness of the universe. Christians believe the world is made for them. Which one is arrogance? Also, we cannot prove a negative. You brought up a claim, you must present evidence to support it. And no, we don't need Richard Dawkins to say evolution happened. The evidence is there, we don't need anyone to say anything for it to be true, same as we don't need a mathematician to agree 1+1=2. Christians however, have done a great deal of quote mining anything from evolutionists to physicists to books to the Bible to prove their claims.
Sophisto: Group narcissism, logic Nazi, etc.
Atheism: Who's the narcissist here? Having an interview with yourself assuming the position of opponent just to win? And I happen to believe you believe trains fly, birds swim and humans waddle then? Because logic is logic, your claim 'logic Nazi' just demonstrates how you know we are logical and whines about it.
Sophisto: Wannabe omniscience, Satan-emulation, etc.
Atheism: Science admits it doesn't know everything, so do we. There are lots of things we don't know, like what happened before the Big Bang. But we are finding out, decoding the secrets of the universe, just as how we have decoded light, motion, atoms, gravity etc. What omniscient is to act like you know everything by saying 'God did it.' Make sense? And we believe in Satan as much as we believe in God.

Sophisto: If you are so much smarter than I, figure it out.
Atheism: *than me. I have.
Sophisto: So....atheism has its own personality or not?
Atheism: Atheism is just a name for the people who know there is a lack of evidence for a deity. Atheism's personality is critical thinking, weighing up the evidence, science-adhering, reasoning and logical.

Sophisto: Because you are not in control over what humans add to atheism and how they do it unknowingly. You are not omniscient.
Atheism: What do humans add to atheism? I agree that I am not omniscient.

Sophisto: Wherever your minions want it to go...
Atheism: And now I guess you're going to make up a ridiculous interview changing all of the things I have said to make it seem like you've won then?
Jedd
Posts: 77
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 9:48:58 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 10:30:30 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Me: So what do you belive in Atheism?

Atheism: Atheism is a lack of belief in the existence of a deity.

Me: So you have a lack of belief in Evolution?

Atheism: Evolution is already a fact - it has thousands of independent evidence all pointing in the same direction and it's true whether I believe in it or not. But yes, I believe in it, how about you?

Me: So you do have beliefs.

Atheism: Yes. Just not in the supernatural.

Me: So you don't believe in walking whales?

Atheism: Yes. Just that at the time the mammals took to the sea they were not fully whales yet.

Me: Walking whales are a part of evolution.

Atheism: Yes they are. It's relieving that you know.

Me: Do you believe hyennas are the forefathers of whales?

Atheism: No, that's ridiculous.

Me: That's how whales evolved, from hyennas, according to evolutionists.

Atheism: No, the closest ancestor to whales are hippos. http://evolution.berkeley.edu... (Notice that this link isn't meant to convince people evolution is true, it's meant to teach people about evolution.)

Me: Do you believe in Paleontology?

Atheism: Yes, paleontology is the study of what fossils tell us about the ecologies of the past, about evolution, and about our place, as humans, in the world. Paleontology incorporates knowledge from biology, geology, ecology, anthropology, archaeology, and even computer science to understand the processes that have led to the origination and eventual destruction of the different types of organisms since life arose.

Me: So you do have beliefs.

Atheism: I do. Paleontology is a fact.

Me: But you do believe in paleantology?

Atheism: Yes. Facts are facts.

Me: Paleantologists claim to have found the Kraken, the Nephelim, and walking whales. Do you believe they found those creatures?

Atheism: No one has found them. If they did, it would have won a Nobel prize and have became a well-established fact by now.

Me: I don't know. What do you believe?

Atheism: Atheism isn't about believing, like religion. Atheism studies evidence with a critical mind, reason and logic, and after weighing up all possible evidence and possibilities comes to a conclusion. It's never blind faith.

Me: (With sarcasm) Um, yeah. The Nephelim are a part of evolution.

Atheism: No they are not.

Me: Spawns of demons.

Atheism: There is no such thing.

Me: But paleantologists found them.

Atheism: No they didn't.

Me: So we believe the same thing.

Atheism: No, we believe in the exact opposite. And now I assume you're going to make a ridiculous fraud interview that makes you look like a grown gentleman and atheism as a 4 year old child then?
AWSM0055
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 10:03:44 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/22/2016 10:30:30 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
Me: So what do you belive in Atheism?

Atheism: I don't believe in anything. Atheism is a lack of belief.

Me: So you have a lack of belief in Evolution?

Atheism: No. I believe in Evolution.

Me: So you do have beliefs.

Atheism: No. Atheism is a lack of beliefs.

Me: So you don't believe in walking whales?

Atheism: No. Walking whales are absurd.

Me: Walking whales are a part of evolution.

Atheism: Oh wait. Yes I believe in walking whales then.

XD I laughed so hard at this part!

Me: Do you believe hyennas are the forfathers of whales?

Atheism: No, that's ridiculus.

Me: That's how whales evolved, from hyennas, according to evolutionists.

Atheism: Well, yeah I believe that is true then.

XD

Me: Do you believe in Paleantology?

Atheism: Of course.

Me: So you do have beliefs.

Atheism: No. Atheism is a lack of beliefs.

Me: But you do believe in paleantology?

Atheism: Yes. Facts are facts.

Me: Paleantologists claim to have found the Kraken, the Nephelim, and walking whales. Do you believe they found those creatures?

Atheism: Those creatures are ridiculous. Of course no one found them. But walking whale is a part of the presentation of evolutionists.

Atheism: Wait, yeah.I believe in the walking whale, just not the Kraken or Nephelim. Wait. Is a Nephelim part of evolution?

Me: I don't know. What do you believe?

Atheism: I have no beliefs.

Me: (With sarcasm) Um, yeah. The Nephelim are a part of evolution.

Atheism: Oh yeah, I believe. What kind of creature is the Nephelim?

Me: Spawns of demons.

Atheism: Get serious. No. I don't believe in any such thing.

Me: But paleantologists found them.

Atheism: Do you believe everything presented to you? It probably came from a group trying to prove things philosophically or ideologically with an underlying agenda.

Me: So we believe the same thing.

Atheism: Yes.

Lol, that was actually kinda funny! #Welackbelief
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...