Jump to topic:

A ban on Atheism

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 2:26:40 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Since Atheism offers us death, no hope, a negative and defeated viewpoint, and a death sentence for our children, it should dimply be banned. It's working in Muslim countries.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 2:29:55 AM
At 2/23/2016 2:26:40 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
Since Atheism offers us death, no hope, a negative and defeated viewpoint, and a death sentence for our children, it should dimply be banned. It's working in Muslim countries.

Actually, the radical form doesn't offer you death. Not immortality, to be sure, but certainly the chance at healthy and unboundedly finite life.

http://www.alcor.org...
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 2:34:51 AM
At 2/23/2016 2:29:55 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

Actually, the radical form doesn't offer you death. Not immortality, to be sure, but certainly the chance at healthy and unboundedly finite life.

And then a desire for a priest on their deathbed.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

distraff
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 2:43:53 AM

I totally agree. Countries like Iraq, Libya, Nigeria, Sudan, Somalia, Iran, and Syria have so much more hope than the US and the secular west thanks to all their religion and lack of secular viewpoints.

Real American believe in freedom and religious liberty and our nation would be done a great favor if you would just leave and go live in Iraq. You can hang out with ISIS and behead atheists and women who drive if you like. You will probably fit right in.
Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 2:48:33 AM
At 2/23/2016 2:34:51 AM, brontoraptor wrote:

If your conviction is so weak that you [try to] convert in your last living moments, you probably shouldn't call yourself an atheist to begin with.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 2:49:41 AM
At 2/23/2016 2:48:33 AM, Torton wrote:

If your conviction is so weak that you [try to] convert in your last living moments, you probably shouldn't call yourself an atheist to begin with.

Are you convicted of your Atheism?

Torton
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 2:53:08 AM
At 2/23/2016 2:49:41 AM, brontoraptor wrote:
At 2/23/2016 2:48:33 AM, Torton wrote:

Are you convicted of your Atheism?
Fvck off, you know what definition I intended.
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 3:05:32 AM

Yeah! Let's ban reality because it's scary and I want to be bubble wrapped in scripture!
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 3:07:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com...

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 3:11:41 AM

What specifically prevents an afterlife with regards to atheism?
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 3:17:18 AM
At 2/23/2016 3:05:32 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:

Yeah! Let's ban reality because it's scary and I want to be bubble wrapped in scripture!

What is "scary" about atheism? Let me rephrase that for ya Awesome...what's scary about nothing when we die? no feelings, no emotions, no thoughts..... no scary-ness....

Do you really believe it's "bubble wrapping" oneself to believe there is an afterlife and consequences and an all-knowing Entity that is in control of our souls lol?

You have your wires crossed my friend, atheism is the biggest bubble-mind-wrap there is, with extra cushion bubbles.

How about "let's face reality"?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 4:08:23 AM
At 2/23/2016 3:17:18 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

What is "scary" about atheism? Let me rephrase that for ya Awesome...what's scary about nothing when we die? no feelings, no emotions, no thoughts..... no scary-ness....
So why are godbotherers so afraid of death that they create a fantasy they call death but keeps them alive?
Do you really believe it's "bubble wrapping" oneself to believe there is an afterlife and consequences and an all-knowing Entity that is in control of our souls lol?
Not being able to face death and creating a fantasy in it's place is bubble wrapping.
You have your wires crossed my friend, atheism is the biggest bubble-mind-wrap there is, with extra cushion bubbles.
Atheism is the rejection of your claim that gods exist.
You would have to reject your god belief for that to happen.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Eliyahu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 5:22:41 AM

Bs"d

Since atheist are the biggest murderers in history, atheism should be banned.

The leftiSSh atheistic systems like in China, Russia, Cambodia, North Korea, etc etc, they all murder THEIR OWN CITIZENS on a horrific scale.

They don't murder the enemy, they murder their own citizens.

Everywhere where atheist get in charge, the place turns into a hell hole you wouldn't believe.

Mao murdered 70 million of his own citizens, Stalin 60 million, North Korea unknown, but many millions, and hundreds of thousands are in concentration camps, and millions have died because of hunger. The red khmer murdered millions of Cambodians, the list is endless.

All in all the leftiSSh dictators have murdered in the 20th centuray about 200 million CITIZENS. Their own citizens.

This is known as "democide"; death by government.

And no, this is not generally known, because the The leftiSSh media make sure to carefully cover this up.

Here is a youtube which talks about this democide:
Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 5:27:49 AM
At 2/23/2016 5:22:41 AM, Eliyahu wrote:

Bs"d

I've disavowed you of that claim in two previous threads using the webpage you erroneously linked in support of your claim.
Crawl back under your rock and wait for hahamagedon.
missmedic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 6:31:48 AM

Believers live in fear....................

Born..........you have a self-imposed inability to use your own understanding without the guidance of another. This inability comes not from lack of understanding but from indecision and lack of courage to use your own mind without another's guidance.

People must be able to express their thoughts. By spreading ideas and information, people will be able to be their own guardians. By allowing freedom of thought, people will spread ideas which will urge others to think for themselves.

..........read this...........unless your afraid to think for yourself................
http://deoxy.org...
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 9:09:10 AM
At 2/23/2016 3:17:18 AM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Yeah, I agree. I'm not scared to die (my only fear is dying before I'm properly due). I was being sarcastic.

Yep. Hitler was mortal, and he died, nothing happened. So does everyone, good, bad, or ugly. It sucks, I know, but that's life. If you don't like it, kill yourself.

Not really. When you die, nothing happens...you want to know why?

"COS YOU'LL BE F*CKING DEAD" - Jim Jeffries

That's the definition of "dead". If you think that's bubble wrap, take it up with death.

Thinking that's there's a life after death is like expecting to sh*t rainbows in the toilet. You sh*t "sh*t", that's the very definition of "sh*ting", just like dying leads to death. Once your dead, your not alive. I mean Jesus Christ, it's really bloody simple!

Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 9:10:34 AM
Your narcissistic as-hole story book jebus wants to destroy far more than what you say atheists have done -

But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me."" (Luke 19:27) English Standard Version/ESV Story book
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 9:10:51 AM

Better no hope than a false hope ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 10:40:06 AM
Atheism offers nothing sh*t I can't even get a jam donut outa them. Are you really stupid enough to believe that there are no atheists in muslim countries? What about alcoholics? hahahahaha
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 6:07:10 PM
At 2/23/2016 10:40:06 AM, bulproof wrote:
Atheism offers nothing sh*t I can't even get a jam donut outa them. Are you really stupid enough to believe that there are no atheists in muslim countries? What about alcoholics? hahahahaha

Simply pray to "lack of God" and ask for a sandwich.

FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 6:15:54 PM
At 2/23/2016 6:07:10 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

My wife delivers more consistently.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 6:24:06 PM
At 2/23/2016 6:07:10 PM, brontoraptor wrote:

I learned a long time ago how to care for myself. I don't need to pray for a promotion, just work for it. I don't need to pray to find my keys in the morning, just put them where they belong at night. Guess what? I'm ok without any help from any divine being. Once you mature emotionally, if ever, you'll see that you don't need it either.
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 6:29:03 PM
Christian churches used to kill people accused of atheism and other heresies, Bronto. Numerous religious thinkers -- Thomas Aquinas, Thomas More and John Locke, for example -- believed atheists should not be given full citizenship. Lucilio Vanini had his tongue cut out, and was strangled and burned for his non-theistic beliefs (including the beliefs that humans evolved from apes, and that the world was governed by natural laws) [https://en.wikipedia.org...]. Before being beheaded and cremated, philosopher Casimir Liszinski had his tongue pulled out with hot tongs for criticising proofs of the existence of divinity, and his hands burned for writing them [https://en.wikipedia.org...].

Aside from demonstrating the horrific cruelty and injustice of societies trained to believe what they're told, but not to question it, these historical examples also show something interesting: that despite the tyranny and torture by conceited, despotic clergy, people will still think anyway.
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 6:34:24 PM

That is stupid in so many ways.

1. Banning it does not stop people holding that view. They simply pretend not to.

2. There are no benefits from banning atheism.

3. It impedes upon basic human rights.

4. It is intolerant and unethical.

5. There is no one forcing people to be atheists. Everyone is free to take up their own views regarding theism and atheism.

6. Countries that ban atheism are not exactly models of successful economies and societies but rather low income, high crime, Intollerant, racist and sexist dictatorships.

7. Atheism does not harm anybody.

8. Disagreeing with atheism is not a justified reason for banning it.

Do you genuinely support this idea? It's genuinely crazy. It's the sort of thing done by ancient monarchies not 21st century society.

Say Christianity was banned.

Would you stop believing in it? No

Would you think it's unfair? Yes

Just what is the point?
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 6:41:04 PM

Bs"d

The leftiSSh atheistic systems like in China, Russia, Cambodia, North Korea, etc etc, they all murder THEIR OWN CITIZENS on a horrific scale.

Everywhere where atheist get in charge, the place turns into a hell hole you wouldn't believe.

Mao murdered 70 million of his own citizens, Stalin 60 million, North Korea unknown, but many millions, and hundreds of thousands are in concentration camps, and millions have died because of hunger. The red khmer murdered millions of Cambodians, the list is endless.

All in all the leftiSSh dictators have murdered in the 20th centuray about 200 million CITIZENS. Their own citizens.

And no, this is not generally known, because the The leftiSSh media make sure to carefully cover this up.

Yes these regimes were brutal. But remember they were driven by communism not atheism. Atheism is simply one of many things included in a communist or semi communist regime. I'm a right wing individual and i describe my position on religion as atheistic agnosticism.
DavidHenson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 12:48:40 AM

Wow. I think that is over reaching, don't you? First off, I don't think atheism offers anything except a lack in belief or worship of any gods, secondly I think that the God I'm aware of, Jehovah, gave us a choice at least in the current system of things, and thirdly, if atheism were banned how would you enforce it? Killing the unbelievers? What about the unbelievers who would have eventually become believers. If atheism had been banned and punishable by death I would have been put to death before I was introduced to the truth. Of course, there are scriptures like Acts 24:15
"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty." - Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune
Eliyahu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 7:04:14 AM
At 2/23/2016 6:41:04 PM, beng100 wrote:

Bs"d

Yes these regimes were brutal. But remember they were driven by communism not atheism.

Bs"d

Those communistic mass murderers were all atheists.

A religious person would never do something like that.
Please be advised that everywhere in your translation of your OT when it is written "the LORD" with all capitals, then in the original Hebrew it says the four lettered name of God: Y-H-W-H. That name appears almost 7000 times in the Hebrew Bible.
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 7:28:13 AM
At 2/24/2016 7:04:14 AM, Eliyahu wrote:

Bs"d

Yes these regimes were brutal. But remember they were driven by communism not atheism.

Bs"d

Bullsh"t

Your god killed everybody on earth, and all the animals. except his pet drunk and family.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 8:05:21 AM

Bs"d

Bs"d

Here is the link that he has stopped using because nowhere in it is atheism mentioned, thus proving the twerp a liar.
https://en.wikipedia.org...

'Democide' is a term revived and redefined by the political scientist R. J. Rummel (1932"2014) as "the murder of any person or people by their government, including genocide, politicide and mass murder". For example, government-sponsored killings for political reasons would be considered democide under Rummel's hypothesis. Democide can also include deaths arising from "intentionally or knowingly reckless and depraved disregard for life"; this brings into account many deaths arising through various neglects and abuses, such as forced mass starvation. Rummel explicitly excludes battle deaths in his definition. Capital punishment, actions taken against armed civilians during mob action or riot, and the deaths of noncombatants killed during attacks on military targets so long as the primary target is military, are not considered democide.[1]

Rummel created the term as an extended concept to include forms of government murder that are not covered by the term genocide, and it has become accepted among other scholars.[2][3][4] According to Rummel, democide surpassed war as the leading cause of non-natural death in the 20th century.[5][6]

He has further stated: "I use the civil definition of murder, where someone can be guilty of murder if they are responsible in a reckless and wanton way for the loss of life, as in incarcerating people in camps where they may soon die of malnutrition, unattended disease, and forced labor, or deporting them into wastelands where they may die rapidly from exposure and disease."

Three meanings of democide

Democide is the murder of any person or people by their government, including genocide, politicide and mass murder. Democide is not necessarily the elimination of entire cultural groups but rather groups within the country that the government feels need to be eradicated for political reasons and due to claimed future threats. According to Rummel, genocide has three different meanings. The ordinary meaning is murder by government of people due to their national, ethnic, racial or religious group membership. The legal meaning of genocide refers to the international treaty on genocide, the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide. This also includes nonlethal acts that in the end eliminate or greatly hinder the group. Looking back on history, one can see the different variations of democides that have occurred, but it still consists of acts of killing or mass murder. A generalized meaning of genocide is similar to the ordinary meaning but also includes government killings of political opponents or otherwise intentional murder. In order to avoid confusion over which meaning is intended, Rummel created the term democide for the third meaning.[7]

Objectives

The objectives a plan of democide include the disintegration of the political and social institutions of culture, language, national feelings, religion, and the economic existence of national groups; the destruction of the personal security, liberty, health, dignity; and even the lives of the individuals belonging to such groups.[8]

Examples

Some examples of democide cited by Rummel include the Great Purges carried out by Joseph Stalin in the Soviet Union, the deaths from the colonial policy in the Congo Free State, and Mao Zedong's Great Leap Forward, which resulted in a famine killing millions of people. According to Rummel, these were not cases of genocide because those who were killed were not selected on the basis of their race, but were killed in large numbers as a result of government policies. Famine is classified by Rummel as democide if it fits the definition above.

For instance, Rummel re-classified Mao Zedong's Great Leap Forward as democide in 2005. He originally believed that Mao's policies were largely responsible for the famine, but that Mao's advisers had misled him. Therefore, he believed it was not an intentional famine and thus not a democide. However, reports from Jung Chang and Jon Halliday's Mao: The Unknown Story allege that Mao knew about the famine from the beginning but didn't care, and eventually Mao had to be stopped by a meeting of 7,000 top Communist Party members. Based on this new evidence, Rummel now believes the famine was intentional and considers it a democide. Taking this into account, the total for Chinese Communist Party democide is 77 million, more than the Soviet Union (62 million), Nazi Germany (21 million), or any other regime in the 20th century.[9]
beng100
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 8:39:26 AM

Bs"d

Bs"d

Yes they would. There are loads of religious leaders who have brutally murdered people often for disagreeing with their religious views. I'm sure you know this.