Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

Interview with Theism

Jedd
Posts: 77
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 10:16:24 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
So, apparently a fun game was invented on how you would interview yourself, assuming both sides of the debate. Anyone is welcomed to say what they would have said here.

Host: So, why do you believe or not believe in a deity? Is it the fear of Hell for doubting?
Atheist: Because there is no evidence that a deity exists.
Christian: No. God loves me and I feel His love. Jesus saved me too. Jesus saved us all. That's why.
Muslim: No, it was Muhammad that was the true prophet. I have never left Islam because...the penalty for apostasy is death.

Host: O...kay. Must be rough. Who first introduced to you the concept of your views?
Atheist: I was a Christian once, and more and more often I found myself being forced to believe outrageous claims, and having realized more and more that there wasn't any evidence, I became an atheist.
Christian: My parents read me stories of the Bible when I was young. They said if I followed Christ I would go to heaven and be saved. I was brought to church and felt the connection with God. I found evidence of God more and more in the Bible. God exists, it says. And the Bible is true because it is God's word.
Muslim: Well, the Quran taught me truth is with the Lord, that is Allah, so never be among the doubters. Atheists and Christians should worship Allah because He is the true Lord. Islam will conquer the world and then they will know that Islam is true.

Host: Okay, alright. What do you think is the purpose of life?
Atheist: In my opinion the purpose of life isn't something to be found. We create our own meaning.
Christian: God made us all and so it's only good that we worship him. He is the one true Lord, not Allah. We should worship believe in God and praise Jesus because he saved us all.
Muslim: To rid the world of doubters in Allah's name.

Host: How about the children starving in Africa, how would you react to them?
Atheist: Send money, fund for their food, raise awareness of them and raise a big deal of money to send food for them, and help them live better lives.
Christian: Let us all take a moment to pray for the children in Africa.
Muslim: If they're Islamic then I would care.

Host: Alright, time's running out, I'm afraid I'll have to end the interview here. We will meet again in a few days.
Atheist: Cool.
Christian: Good night and God bless America.
Muslim: Thank you.
TREssspa
Posts: 567
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 11:11:24 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/23/2016 10:16:24 AM, Jedd wrote:
So, apparently a fun game was invented on how you would interview yourself, assuming both sides of the debate. Anyone is welcomed to say what they would have said here.

Host: So, why do you believe or not believe in a deity? Is it the fear of Hell for doubting?
Atheist: Because there is no evidence that a deity exists.
Christian: No. God loves me and I feel His love. Jesus saved me too. Jesus saved us all. That's why.
Muslim: No, it was Muhammad that was the true prophet. I have never left Islam because...the penalty for apostasy is death.

Host: O...kay. Must be rough. Who first introduced to you the concept of your views?
Atheist: I was a Christian once, and more and more often I found myself being forced to believe outrageous claims, and having realized more and more that there wasn't any evidence, I became an atheist.
Christian: My parents read me stories of the Bible when I was young. They said if I followed Christ I would go to heaven and be saved. I was brought to church and felt the connection with God. I found evidence of God more and more in the Bible. God exists, it says. And the Bible is true because it is God's word.
Muslim: Well, the Quran taught me truth is with the Lord, that is Allah, so never be among the doubters. Atheists and Christians should worship Allah because He is the true Lord. Islam will conquer the world and then they will know that Islam is true.

Host: Okay, alright. What do you think is the purpose of life?
Atheist: In my opinion the purpose of life isn't something to be found. We create our own meaning.
Christian: God made us all and so it's only good that we worship him. He is the one true Lord, not Allah. We should worship believe in God and praise Jesus because he saved us all.
Muslim: To rid the world of doubters in Allah's name.

Host: How about the children starving in Africa, how would you react to them?
Atheist: Send money, fund for their food, raise awareness of them and raise a big deal of money to send food for them, and help them live better lives.
Christian: Let us all take a moment to pray for the children in Africa.
Muslim: If they're Islamic then I would care.

HERE, UNLIKE ATHEIST, CHRISTIAN AND MUSLIM DID NOT LIE.

Host: Alright, time's running out, I'm afraid I'll have to end the interview here. We will meet again in a few days.
Atheist: Cool.
Christian: Good night and God bless America.
Muslim: Thank you.
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 11:30:24 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/23/2016 11:11:24 AM, TREssspa wrote:
At 2/23/2016 10:16:24 AM, Jedd wrote:
So, apparently a fun game was invented on how you would interview yourself, assuming both sides of the debate. Anyone is welcomed to say what they would have said here.

Host: So, why do you believe or not believe in a deity? Is it the fear of Hell for doubting?
Atheist: Because there is no evidence that a deity exists.
Christian: No. God loves me and I feel His love. Jesus saved me too. Jesus saved us all. That's why.
Muslim: No, it was Muhammad that was the true prophet. I have never left Islam because...the penalty for apostasy is death.

Host: O...kay. Must be rough. Who first introduced to you the concept of your views?
Atheist: I was a Christian once, and more and more often I found myself being forced to believe outrageous claims, and having realized more and more that there wasn't any evidence, I became an atheist.
Christian: My parents read me stories of the Bible when I was young. They said if I followed Christ I would go to heaven and be saved. I was brought to church and felt the connection with God. I found evidence of God more and more in the Bible. God exists, it says. And the Bible is true because it is God's word.
Muslim: Well, the Quran taught me truth is with the Lord, that is Allah, so never be among the doubters. Atheists and Christians should worship Allah because He is the true Lord. Islam will conquer the world and then they will know that Islam is true.

Host: Okay, alright. What do you think is the purpose of life?
Atheist: In my opinion the purpose of life isn't something to be found. We create our own meaning.
Christian: God made us all and so it's only good that we worship him. He is the one true Lord, not Allah. We should worship believe in God and praise Jesus because he saved us all.
Muslim: To rid the world of doubters in Allah's name.

Host: How about the children starving in Africa, how would you react to them?
Atheist: Send money, fund for their food, raise awareness of them and raise a big deal of money to send food for them, and help them live better lives.
Christian: Let us all take a moment to pray for the children in Africa.
Muslim: If they're Islamic then I would care.

HERE, UNLIKE ATHEIST, CHRISTIAN AND MUSLIM DID NOT LIE.

Host: Alright, time's running out, I'm afraid I'll have to end the interview here. We will meet again in a few days.
Atheist: Cool.
Christian: Good night and God bless America.
Muslim: Thank you.
Are you pissed that you agnosts didn't get an invite?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
AWSM0055
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 12:11:02 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/23/2016 11:30:24 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/23/2016 11:11:24 AM, TREssspa wrote:
At 2/23/2016 10:16:24 AM, Jedd wrote:
So, apparently a fun game was invented on how you would interview yourself, assuming both sides of the debate. Anyone is welcomed to say what they would have said here.

Host: So, why do you believe or not believe in a deity? Is it the fear of Hell for doubting?
Atheist: Because there is no evidence that a deity exists.
Christian: No. God loves me and I feel His love. Jesus saved me too. Jesus saved us all. That's why.
Muslim: No, it was Muhammad that was the true prophet. I have never left Islam because...the penalty for apostasy is death.

Agnostic: *shrugs*

Host: O...kay. Must be rough. Who first introduced to you the concept of your views?
Atheist: I was a Christian once, and more and more often I found myself being forced to believe outrageous claims, and having realized more and more that there wasn't any evidence, I became an atheist.
Christian: My parents read me stories of the Bible when I was young. They said if I followed Christ I would go to heaven and be saved. I was brought to church and felt the connection with God. I found evidence of God more and more in the Bible. God exists, it says. And the Bible is true because it is God's word.
Muslim: Well, the Quran taught me truth is with the Lord, that is Allah, so never be among the doubters. Atheists and Christians should worship Allah because He is the true Lord. Islam will conquer the world and then they will know that Islam is true.

Agnostic: *shrugs*

Host: Okay, alright. What do you think is the purpose of life?
Atheist: In my opinion the purpose of life isn't something to be found. We create our own meaning.
Christian: God made us all and so it's only good that we worship him. He is the one true Lord, not Allah. We should worship believe in God and praise Jesus because he saved us all.
Muslim: To rid the world of doubters in Allah's name.

Agnostic: *shrugs*

Host: How about the children starving in Africa, how would you react to them?
Atheist: Send money, fund for their food, raise awareness of them and raise a big deal of money to send food for them, and help them live better lives.
Christian: Let us all take a moment to pray for the children in Africa.
Muslim: If they're Islamic then I would care.

Agnostic: *shrugs*

HERE, UNLIKE ATHEIST, CHRISTIAN AND MUSLIM DID NOT LIE.

Host: Alright, time's running out, I'm afraid I'll have to end the interview here. We will meet again in a few days.
Atheist: Cool.
Christian: Good night and God bless America.
Muslim: Thank you.

Agnostic: *shrugs*

Are you pissed that you agnosts didn't get an invite?

There, now they did!
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 12:15:33 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/23/2016 12:11:02 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 2/23/2016 11:30:24 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/23/2016 11:11:24 AM, TREssspa wrote:
At 2/23/2016 10:16:24 AM, Jedd wrote:
So, apparently a fun game was invented on how you would interview yourself, assuming both sides of the debate. Anyone is welcomed to say what they would have said here.

Host: So, why do you believe or not believe in a deity? Is it the fear of Hell for doubting?
Atheist: Because there is no evidence that a deity exists.
Christian: No. God loves me and I feel His love. Jesus saved me too. Jesus saved us all. That's why.
Muslim: No, it was Muhammad that was the true prophet. I have never left Islam because...the penalty for apostasy is death.

Agnostic: *shrugs*

Host: O...kay. Must be rough. Who first introduced to you the concept of your views?
Atheist: I was a Christian once, and more and more often I found myself being forced to believe outrageous claims, and having realized more and more that there wasn't any evidence, I became an atheist.
Christian: My parents read me stories of the Bible when I was young. They said if I followed Christ I would go to heaven and be saved. I was brought to church and felt the connection with God. I found evidence of God more and more in the Bible. God exists, it says. And the Bible is true because it is God's word.
Muslim: Well, the Quran taught me truth is with the Lord, that is Allah, so never be among the doubters. Atheists and Christians should worship Allah because He is the true Lord. Islam will conquer the world and then they will know that Islam is true.

Agnostic: *shrugs*

Host: Okay, alright. What do you think is the purpose of life?
Atheist: In my opinion the purpose of life isn't something to be found. We create our own meaning.
Christian: God made us all and so it's only good that we worship him. He is the one true Lord, not Allah. We should worship believe in God and praise Jesus because he saved us all.
Muslim: To rid the world of doubters in Allah's name.

Agnostic: *shrugs*

Host: How about the children starving in Africa, how would you react to them?
Atheist: Send money, fund for their food, raise awareness of them and raise a big deal of money to send food for them, and help them live better lives.
Christian: Let us all take a moment to pray for the children in Africa.
Muslim: If they're Islamic then I would care.

Agnostic: *shrugs*

HERE, UNLIKE ATHEIST, CHRISTIAN AND MUSLIM DID NOT LIE.

Host: Alright, time's running out, I'm afraid I'll have to end the interview here. We will meet again in a few days.
Atheist: Cool.
Christian: Good night and God bless America.
Muslim: Thank you.

Agnostic: *shrugs*

Are you pissed that you agnosts didn't get an invite?

There, now they did!

Thanks Awsm.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,861
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 12:17:33 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/23/2016 10:16:24 AM, Jedd wrote:
So, apparently a fun game was invented on how you would interview yourself, assuming both sides of the debate. Anyone is welcomed to say what they would have said here.

Host: So, why do you believe or not believe in a deity? Is it the fear of Hell for doubting?
Atheist: Because there is no evidence that a deity exists.
Christian: No. God loves me and I feel His love. Jesus saved me too. Jesus saved us all. That's why.
Muslim: No, it was Muhammad that was the true prophet. I have never left Islam because...the penalty for apostasy is death.
Sweeping generalizations are your friend apparently.
Host: O...kay. Must be rough. Who first introduced to you the concept of your views?
Atheist: I was a Christian once, and more and more often I found myself being forced to believe outrageous claims, and having realized more and more that there wasn't any evidence, I became an atheist.
Christian: My parents read me stories of the Bible when I was young. They said if I followed Christ I would go to heaven and be saved. I was brought to church and felt the connection with God. I found evidence of God more and more in the Bible. God exists, it says. And the Bible is true because it is God's word.
Muslim: Well, the Quran taught me truth is with the Lord, that is Allah, so never be among the doubters. Atheists and Christians should worship Allah because He is the true Lord. Islam will conquer the world and then they will know that Islam is true.
Genetic fallacies are your friend. And sweeping gens too
Host: Okay, alright. What do you think is the purpose of life?
Atheist: In my opinion the purpose of life isn't something to be found. We create our own meaning.
Christian: God made us all and so it's only good that we worship him. He is the one true Lord, not Allah. We should worship believe in God and praise Jesus because he saved us all.
Muslim: To rid the world of doubters in Allah's name.
The bong is now your friend.
Host: How about the children starving in Africa, how would you react to them?
Atheist: Send money, fund for their food, raise awareness of them and raise a big deal of money to send food for them, and help them live better lives.
Christian: Let us all take a moment to pray for the children in Africa.
Muslim: If they're Islamic then I would care.
Sweeping gens again...ever heard of mission work, guess not.
Host: Alright, time's running out, I'm afraid I'll have to end the interview here. We will meet again in a few days.
Atheist: Cool.
Christian: Good night and God bless America.
Muslim: Thank you.

Finally you came down. Smoke another bowl.
bulproof
Posts: 25,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 12:20:07 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
It's that large metal key sticking out of their backs, just give it a wind and they go off like a clockwork toy.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
EtrnlVw
Posts: 2,307
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 7:05:58 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/23/2016 12:20:07 PM, bulproof wrote:
It's that large metal key sticking out of their backs, just give it a wind and they go off like a clockwork toy.

You mean like in the OP? Yeah I know exactly what you mean, it describes yal perfectly.
Jedd
Posts: 77
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 11:29:20 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/23/2016 12:17:33 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 2/23/2016 10:16:24 AM, Jedd wrote:
So, apparently a fun game was invented on how you would interview yourself, assuming both sides of the debate. Anyone is welcomed to say what they would have said here.

Host: So, why do you believe or not believe in a deity? Is it the fear of Hell for doubting?
Atheist: Because there is no evidence that a deity exists.
Christian: No. God loves me and I feel His love. Jesus saved me too. Jesus saved us all. That's why.
Muslim: No, it was Muhammad that was the true prophet. I have never left Islam because...the penalty for apostasy is death.
Sweeping generalizations are your friend apparently.
Host: O...kay. Must be rough. Who first introduced to you the concept of your views?
Atheist: I was a Christian once, and more and more often I found myself being forced to believe outrageous claims, and having realized more and more that there wasn't any evidence, I became an atheist.
Christian: My parents read me stories of the Bible when I was young. They said if I followed Christ I would go to heaven and be saved. I was brought to church and felt the connection with God. I found evidence of God more and more in the Bible. God exists, it says. And the Bible is true because it is God's word.
Muslim: Well, the Quran taught me truth is with the Lord, that is Allah, so never be among the doubters. Atheists and Christians should worship Allah because He is the true Lord. Islam will conquer the world and then they will know that Islam is true.
Genetic fallacies are your friend. And sweeping gens too
Host: Okay, alright. What do you think is the purpose of life?
Atheist: In my opinion the purpose of life isn't something to be found. We create our own meaning.
Christian: God made us all and so it's only good that we worship him. He is the one true Lord, not Allah. We should worship believe in God and praise Jesus because he saved us all.
Muslim: To rid the world of doubters in Allah's name.
The bong is now your friend.
Host: How about the children starving in Africa, how would you react to them?
Atheist: Send money, fund for their food, raise awareness of them and raise a big deal of money to send food for them, and help them live better lives.
Christian: Let us all take a moment to pray for the children in Africa.
Muslim: If they're Islamic then I would care.
Sweeping gens again...ever heard of mission work, guess not.
Host: Alright, time's running out, I'm afraid I'll have to end the interview here. We will meet again in a few days.
Atheist: Cool.
Christian: Good night and God bless America.
Muslim: Thank you.

Finally you came down. Smoke another bowl.

What would you have said if you were the one being interviewed?
ssadi
Posts: 324
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 12:06:28 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Atheist (A) - Theist (T) Dialogue

NOTE: In general both theists and atheists claim that they have evidence for existence and non-existence of God, respectively. Usually in DDO, both sides claim that the other side doesn't have any evidence. In other words, Atheists claim that theists don't have any evidence for existence of God and theists claim that atheists don't have any evidence for non-existence of God. This dialogue assumes that both sides are correct that the other side doesn't have any evidence.. and it is just for fun!!! It is highly recommended to read it according to that assumption.

A: You Ts have just to believe that God exists, that is just faith without evidence.
T: Well, let"s talk about your faith.

A: We don"t have faith. We lack belief in existence of God/gods.
T: According to you, does God exist?

A: No!
T: Then you believe that God doesn"t exist.

A: No, we lack belief in God/gods.
T: You lack belief in God PLUS you believe that God doesn"t exist.

A: No, we just lack belief in God/gods.
T: What about non-existence of God?

A: Affirmative (i.e., we affirm God"s non-existence)!
T: What is your evidence?

A: We don"t have to prove non-existence of God. We lack belief in existence of God. Since there is no evidence for it (i.e., existence of God), then its negation (i.e., non existence of God) is true.
T: We, theists, lack belief in non-existence of God. Since there is no evidence for it (i.e., non-existence of God), then its negation (i.e., existence of God) is true.

A: You cannot say that since there is no evidence for non-existence of God, then existence of God is true. That is logical fallacy. You don"t have BOP why you lack belief in non-existence of God. But if you say that the opposite is true, then that is a claim and you have to prove it first. Otherwise it would be faith without proof/evidence.
T: You cannot say that since there is no evidence for existence of God, then non-existence of God is true. That is logical fallacy. You don"t have BOP why you lack belief in existence of God. But if you say that the opposite is true, then that is a claim and you have to prove it first. Otherwise it would be faith without proof/evidence.

A: That doesn"t follow.
T: Exactly, nor does yours.

A: What???
T: Claiming that "God doesn"t exist because there is no evidence for it" is a logical fallacy, and it is a licensed fallacy called as "Argument from ignorance" fallacy.[1]

A: But God doesn"t exist.
T: Have fun!!!

[1] "Argument from ignorance" fallacy
http://www.toolkitforthinking.com...

Post #52 in http://www.debate.org...
Or were they created without anything being before them (or out of something different than the basic material of all creation, so that they know things others do not), or are they the creators (of themselves, so that they can maintain themselves and are free in their acts)? Or did they create the heavens and the earth (so that their sovereignty belongs to them)? No indeed. Rather, they have no certain knowledge (about creation, humankind, and the basic facts concerning them).

Quran, 52:35-36
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,861
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 12:48:03 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 11:29:20 AM, Jedd wrote:
At 2/23/2016 12:17:33 PM, skipsaweirdo wrote:
At 2/23/2016 10:16:24 AM, Jedd wrote:
So, apparently a fun game was invented on how you would interview yourself, assuming both sides of the debate. Anyone is welcomed to say what they would have said here.

Host: So, why do you believe or not believe in a deity? Is it the fear of Hell for doubting?
Atheist: Because there is no evidence that a deity exists.
Christian: No. God loves me and I feel His love. Jesus saved me too. Jesus saved us all. That's why.
Muslim: No, it was Muhammad that was the true prophet. I have never left Islam because...the penalty for apostasy is death.
Sweeping generalizations are your friend apparently.
Host: O...kay. Must be rough. Who first introduced to you the concept of your views?
Atheist: I was a Christian once, and more and more often I found myself being forced to believe outrageous claims, and having realized more and more that there wasn't any evidence, I became an atheist.
Christian: My parents read me stories of the Bible when I was young. They said if I followed Christ I would go to heaven and be saved. I was brought to church and felt the connection with God. I found evidence of God more and more in the Bible. God exists, it says. And the Bible is true because it is God's word.
Muslim: Well, the Quran taught me truth is with the Lord, that is Allah, so never be among the doubters. Atheists and Christians should worship Allah because He is the true Lord. Islam will conquer the world and then they will know that Islam is true.
Genetic fallacies are your friend. And sweeping gens too
Host: Okay, alright. What do you think is the purpose of life?
Atheist: In my opinion the purpose of life isn't something to be found. We create our own meaning.
Christian: God made us all and so it's only good that we worship him. He is the one true Lord, not Allah. We should worship believe in God and praise Jesus because he saved us all.
Muslim: To rid the world of doubters in Allah's name.
The bong is now your friend.
Host: How about the children starving in Africa, how would you react to them?
Atheist: Send money, fund for their food, raise awareness of them and raise a big deal of money to send food for them, and help them live better lives.
Christian: Let us all take a moment to pray for the children in Africa.
Muslim: If they're Islamic then I would care.
Sweeping gens again...ever heard of mission work, guess not.
Host: Alright, time's running out, I'm afraid I'll have to end the interview here. We will meet again in a few days.
Atheist: Cool.
Christian: Good night and God bless America.
Muslim: Thank you.

Finally you came down. Smoke another bowl.

What would you have said if you were the one being interviewed?
"Certainty isn't a thing the majority of people are capable of grasping."