How many GODS all up?

Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 11:07:48 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Not trying to be smart or rude.
It's just something that's not clear on Google.
Do Christians believe the other religious groups have a different God ?
Do Christians believe the other religions gods are real ?
Can you have 2 religious beliefs? And maybe 2 different gods?
Can you chose the religious story you believe in and a different god you believe in. The good old , mix n match. If you can't is that because it can't be labeled?
OK them last 3 questions might seem dumb , but can someone answer me the 1st 2 questions. Ty.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 11:27:03 AM
At 2/23/2016 11:07:48 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
Can you chose the religious story you believe in and a different god you believe in. The good old , mix n match. If you can't is that because it can't be labeled?
OK them last 3 questions might seem dumb , but can someone answer me the 1st 2 questions. Ty.

Rude and smart answer: http://lmgtfy.com...
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 11:33:43 AM
Question 4 is tailor made for Hari.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
12_13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 5:06:33 PM

If both god"s have same will and same teaching, they are probably same.

I don"t care are they real; I wouldn"t keep them as my God anyway. IT is possible that other god"s are real. For example some have kept golden calf as their God and it can be found from Wall Street.

http://www.bing.com...

And if we look what people serve with their actions, most seem to keep fear as their God. I believe fear is real, but I think it is not good to keep it as God. Better would be to keep Love as God.

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

Probably person can. I don"t want to do so, because it would be in my opinion stupid thing, because no other is in same level as Bible God.
EtrnlVw
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/23/2016 6:51:20 PM

Are you going to consider an answer? Okay then, there is God and then there are countless spirit entities. Spirit entities have all types of forms and just as well ranging from evil to good. There are more spirit beings in spiritual dimensions than humans by far and during our brief time here humans have made connections with all different types and kinds of spirits both good and evil but to answer the question there can be only one God, everything comes from a single source. Religions are irrelevant to that truth.
It is possible that some of or a majority of religious beliefs are influenced by a type of spirit perceived as a god, and for all purposes a powerful spirit being can be perceived as a god to a puny human, they are in return admired and worshiped and even in some cases receiving something imparted spiritually from that entity. It is also possible that some religious beliefs are just imagination and falsity and those would be the ones that have no basis in reality or rational logical concepts that work. They're just silly nonsense and because of duality it makes it much worse to deal with.
In my personal opinion religion is just mans attempt at interpreting the spiritual dimensions, some being more accurate than others while some being fantasy, how do we then begin to discern the difference? You have to have knowledge and wisdom of the spirit and be a God lover, you learn through trial and error just like with anything else.

After you sort through all the cultural separation, personal interpretation and personalities and types you will see some synchronization and continuity in patterns when you begin to see the core of the beliefs and their principles. But like I said, there is a difference between spirit entities and God Himself for example, Hinduism has many gods and entities that people devote themselves to and even receive spiritual revelations from, but I wouldn't label them as God but are they real? Yes some of them definitely are. They are spirit beings that people perceive as god.
Another perception is that they are all manifestations of god, that everything returns back to the One. This is more of an eastern philosophy though. The point I am trying to convey is that there is a whole lot going on in the spiritual realms, too much to take in and learn in a single lifetime on earth, we humans down here are just trying to put it all together, some things will just have to wait to get there to have complete knowledge of.

Anyway these are just thoughts to give you some direction and options in your inquiry, nothing I said here is set in stone other than I do believe there can only be one God but you have to understand that there is an erray of spiritual life and knowledge, religion is just an attempt at putting the peices together and I think Christianity has some unique and truthful features no doubt. Jesus represents the peak of spiritual perfection, it is really the only belief system that fulfills the emotional components people desire, the manifestation of the spirit through application is perfected in the teachings of Jesus and is timeless, because the spirit does not change, it is the understanding and perception of humans that toss to and fro.
If a person is a light bearer, a God lover and pure in his intentions and quest he will see the light and know God, he will know His voice and follow.

DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 1:43:04 AM
At 2/23/2016 6:51:20 PM, EtrnlVw wrote:

Are you going to consider an answer? Okay then, there is God and then there are countless spirit entities. Spirit entities have all types of forms and just as well ranging from evil to good.

You contradict yourself, yet again. You've always said that spirits are not material, hence they cannot obviously take on any forms as that would make them physical. Besides, if they are immaterial, how can you possibly know they exist? You can't.

There are more spirit beings in spiritual dimensions than humans by far and during our brief time here humans have made connections with all different types and kinds of spirits both good and evil but to answer the question there can be only one God, everything comes from a single source.

LOL. That's friggin hilarious, you've really outdone your hallucinations and delusions with that one.

Religions are irrelevant to that truth.

That is not a truth.

It is possible that some of or a majority of religious beliefs are influenced by a type of spirit perceived as a god, and for all purposes a powerful spirit being can be perceived as a god to a puny human, they are in return admired and worshiped and even in some cases receiving something imparted spiritually from that entity. It is also possible that some religious beliefs are just imagination and falsity and those would be the ones that have no basis in reality or rational logical concepts that work. They're just silly nonsense and because of duality it makes it much worse to deal with.

And, that is exactly what you offer, silly nonsense.

In my personal opinion religion is just mans attempt at interpreting the spiritual dimensions, some being more accurate than others while some being fantasy, how do we then begin to discern the difference?

Or, they are having hallucinations and pretending it's reality, just like you.

You have to have knowledge and wisdom of the spirit and be a God lover, you learn through trial and error just like with anything else.

But, there's nothing to learn, one reads the Bible and that's it, there's nothing else. Anyone can do that.

After you sort through all the cultural separation, personal interpretation and personalities and types you will see some synchronization and continuity in patterns when you begin to see the core of the beliefs and their principles. But like I said, there is a difference between spirit entities and God Himself for example, Hinduism has many gods and entities that people devote themselves to and even receive spiritual revelations from, but I wouldn't label them as God but are they real? Yes some of them definitely are. They are spirit beings that people perceive as god.
Another perception is that they are all manifestations of god, that everything returns back to the One. This is more of an eastern philosophy though. The point I am trying to convey is that there is a whole lot going on in the spiritual realms

You couldn't possibly know that, you are just making it all up.

, too much to take in and learn in a single lifetime on earth, we humans down here are just trying to put it all together, some things will just have to wait to get there to have complete knowledge of.

Anyway these are just thoughts to give you some direction and options in your inquiry, nothing I said here is set in stone other than I do believe there can only be one God but you have to understand that there is an erray of spiritual life and knowledge, religion is just an attempt at putting the peices together and I think Christianity has some unique and truthful features no doubt. Jesus represents the peak of spiritual perfection, it is really the only belief system that fulfills the emotional components people desire, the manifestation of the spirit through application is perfected in the teachings of Jesus and is timeless, because the spirit does not change, it is the understanding and perception of humans that toss to and fro.
If a person is a light bearer, a God lover and pure in his intentions and quest he will see the light and know God, he will know His voice and follow.

Or, he will hear voices and take his medications.

Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth