Jump to topic:

Question For Hindus?

Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 4:45:50 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
- I've recently posted a thread about War & Religion (http://www.debate.org...) wherein I mention a list of 100 deadly events, post-1900, of over 100,000 death toll, instigated by different parties with different religious identities. The results I got are the following, Communism contributed 39.7% to the death toll, Christianity 31.4%, Buddhism 19.5%, Chinese religions 5.4%, Islam 3.7%, & finally, Hinduism 0.2%! The emphasis here is on the surprising 0.2% figure of deaths by Hinduism, despite the fact that India has an immense population & weapons of mass destruction.

My question is the following: is there a viable explanation for this surprising figure? Or is it just circumstantial, that India was not put on a situation where it might've contributed more to deadly events? What are some of the relevant Hindu teachings regarding war, killing & violence? What do Hindus think of other peoples, particularly: Muslims, Buddhists & Sikhs? What is their disposition on attacking or killing these peoples if they are their enemies? How about Hindu on Hindu fighting (different sects or classes & such)?

Thank you.
Current Debates:

Islam is not a religion of peace vs. @ Lutonator:
* http://www.debate.org...
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 6:23:51 AM
At 2/24/2016 4:45:50 AM, Yassine wrote:
- I've recently posted a thread about War & Religion (http://www.debate.org...) wherein I mention a list of 100 deadly events, post-1900, of over 100,000 death toll, instigated by different parties with different religious identities. The results I got are the following, Communism contributed 39.7% to the death toll, Christianity 31.4%, Buddhism 19.5%, Chinese religions 5.4%, Islam 3.7%, & finally, Hinduism 0.2%! The emphasis here is on the surprising 0.2% figure of deaths by Hinduism, despite the fact that India has an immense population & weapons of mass destruction.

My question is the following: is there a viable explanation for this surprising figure? Or is it just circumstantial, that India was not put on a situation where it might've contributed more to deadly events? What are some of the relevant Hindu teachings regarding war, killing & violence? What do Hindus think of other peoples, particularly: Muslims, Buddhists & Sikhs? What is their disposition on attacking or killing these peoples if they are their enemies? How about Hindu on Hindu fighting (different sects or classes & such)?

Thank you.

Perhaps it is the time one must realize is that Hinduism is not a religion.

It's the essence of mankind, a way of life, of death and above all how to live with perfect harmony.

There is Not even a single superstition in Hinduism.

ATHEISM IS THE NEGATIVE REACTION TO DOGMAS AND BELIEF OF CHRISTIANITY, ISLAM ETC.

no one can convert you to Hinduism. When you make a right decision you are a hindu.

Hindu is not a brand, a tag to be put on someone. When you lie, deceit you are Not a hindu.

India has the least rapes by percentage.

The least divorce rate by percentage.

The least crime rate by percentage.

Despite, such an enormous no of people, everyone is living in harmony.

Just a few thousand years ago there was no christianity, no Islam, no buddhism, no atheism, nothing.

Back then, when you gave water to a thirsty man you knew it was Dharma.

Dharma is defined by action Not belief.

Since indians arguably have the best DNA on this planes your question is more suitable for science forum.

TODAY, a western man wants to find dogmas in hinduism.

Sorry, There aren't any. Infact science has superstitions beliefs like evolution and big bang that must be stuffed down your throat. Hindus have none.

Vedas mens knowledge. They are not religious texts.

If you are Not brainwashed by nwo, you 'll find the below link ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS!

http://ajitvadakayil.blogspot.in...
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 6:57:18 AM
At 2/24/2016 6:23:51 AM, TREssspa wrote:

- Thanks for your response, but you answered none of my questions.

- That, it is!

It's the essence of mankind, a way of life, of death and above all how to live with perfect harmony.

- So is Islam. Also, beside the point.

- What do you mean by 'superstition'?

ATHEISM IS THE NEGATIVE REACTION TO DOGMAS AND BELIEF OF CHRISTIANITY, ISLAM ETC.

- There are many ex-Hindu atheists you know.

no one can convert you to Hinduism. When you make a right decision you are a hindu.

- I like that, sounds a lot like Islam.

Hindu is not a brand, a tag to be put on someone.

- Yea yea, a religion, we know.

When you lie, deceit you are Not a hindu.

- Is that your opinion, or is it a specific & explicit ruling in the religion?

- Maybe, but that's due to religious & cultural preferences. Divorce is a necessary component of any society, for marriage is a contract, & not all contracts are perpetually beneficial (well, aside from the Christian view that is). Too high divorce rates, or too low divorce rates, are both undesirable.

- Let's not get ahead of ourselves, none of that is actually true!

- I like your optimism. What do you think about Muslims in India? Is there harmony between Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs... in India?

Just a few thousand years ago there was no christianity, no Islam, no buddhism, no atheism, nothing.

- Well, Muslims might disagree with you, seeing as how Islam describes itself as the origin & finality of all God's religions, including Hinduism.

- Or Fitrah, as is called in Islam.

- Is this your own opinion, or a universal Hindu creed?

Since indians arguably have the best DNA on this planes your question is more suitable for science forum.

- Best, according to what scale?

Sorry, There aren't any.

- You sure?

Infact science has superstitions beliefs like evolution and big bang that must be stuffed down your throat. Hindus have none.

- Well, these theories may be taught in dogmatic forms, true, but one can learn their appropriate justification to eliminate said dogma.

If you are Not brainwashed by nwo, you 'll find the below link ABSOLUTELY PRICELESS!

- Well, as long as you're at it, you can start by answering the questions I asked.
Current Debates:

TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 7:22:07 AM
At 2/24/2016 6:57:18 AM, Yassine wrote:

- Thanks for your response, but you answered none of my questions.

- That, it is!

- So is Islam. Also, beside the point.

- What do you mean by 'superstition'?

- There are many ex-Hindu atheists you know.

- I like that, sounds a lot like Islam.

Hindu is not a brand, a tag to be put on someone.

- Yea yea, a religion, we know.

When you lie, deceit you are Not a hindu.

- Is that your opinion, or is it a specific & explicit ruling in the religion?

- Maybe, but that's due to religious & cultural preferences. Divorce is a necessary component of any society, for marriage is a contract, & not all contracts are perpetually beneficial (well, aside from the Christian view that is). Too high divorce rates, or too low divorce rates, are both undesirable.

- Let's not get ahead of ourselves, none of that is actually true!

- I like your optimism. What do you think about Muslims in India? Is there harmony between Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs... in India?

- Well, Muslims might disagree with you, seeing as how Islam describes itself as the origin & finality of all God's religions, including Hinduism.

- Or Fitrah, as is called in Islam.

- Is this your own opinion, or a universal Hindu creed?

- Best, according to what scale?

Sorry, There aren't any.

- You sure?

I am sure.

Infact science has superstitions beliefs like evolution and big bang that must be stuffed down your throat. Hindus have none.

- Well, these theories may be taught in dogmatic forms, true, but one can learn their appropriate justification to eliminate said dogma.

- Well, as long as you're at it, you can start by answering the questions I asked.

Muslims are safer in India as compared to any Islamic country.

Muslims did enormous damage to Hindus and to india. They did tremendous damage.

Dhruv Stambh was made out to be Kutub Minar.

The ancient Shiva temple of Agra is today known as Taj Mahal.

Marthanda sun temple, one of the best things ever built was ruined completely.

Ram mandir was labelled as 'babri masjid', then why no muslim prays there.

Almost every muslim you see today, his/her male ancestors were circumcized and converted to Islam. His/her female ancestors were raped /converted.

The same applies to muslim population of pakistan.

Where is the hindu population of pakistan, At the time of partition 24% population of pakistan was hindu. Have they vanished in thin air.

We never heard of divorce till Islam invaded india.

We never heard of prostitution till Islam invaded india.

Not a single Indian language has words like prostitution, religion, divorce, racist..

Not even a single Indian language..

I have to add that ISIS and other terrorist groups have nothing to do with Islam and its ideologies. It's just there to defame Islam.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 10:05:46 AM
At 2/24/2016 7:22:07 AM, TREssspa wrote:

- You still haven't answered any of the questions.

- You mean the civil wars going on in the Middle East & Afghanistan?

Muslims did enormous damage to Hindus

- What Muslims? What sort of damage?

and to india.

- Muslims are part of India!

They did tremendous damage.

- To what exactly?

- I don't know what that is.

- LOL! BS propaganda. Didn't realise you're a Hindutva.

- Many Hindu temples were destroyed during Muslim AND HINDU rule throughout History, that's just the nature of war. I happen to know the history of Islamic India, so no BS claims please.

- Many temples were turned into mosques, yes, as many Hindus became Muslim.

Almost every muslim you see today, his/her male ancestors were circumcized and converted to Islam. His/her female ancestors were raped /converted.

- LOL! You are a Hindutva.

- Case in point.

Where is the hindu population of pakistan, At the time of partition 24% population of pakistan was hindu. Have they vanished in thin air.

- They migrated. I am not surprised you're ignorant of this simple fact.

- Don't know about that. You should thank Islam then, given how now people have a chance to separate if the marriage becomes unbearable. Then again, there is Suttee...

- Now, that's just BS. & it's not like prostitution is OK in Islam either!

Not a single Indian language has words like prostitution, religion, divorce, racist..

- Not that I believe you, but maybe that's because the Indian languages aren't so great after all.

- Listen, I posted this thread to ask simple questions of fellow Hindus, for insights into their nation, & the teachings of their religion. I sincerely believe the Hindu religion was originally divine, & I respect all devout people. & I was hoping you'd be sharing my sincerity & start bashing Islam right & left..

I have to add that ISIS and other terrorist groups have nothing to do with Islam and its ideologies. It's just there to defame Islam.

- Well, thank you for being honest. That is true.
Current Debates:

TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 1:03:32 PM
At 2/24/2016 10:05:46 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 2/24/2016 7:22:07 AM, TREssspa wrote:

- You still haven't answered any of the questions.

- You mean the civil wars going on in the Middle East & Afghanistan?

Muslims did enormous damage to Hindus

- What Muslims? What sort of damage?

and to india.

- Muslims are part of India!

They did tremendous damage.

- To what exactly?

- I don't know what that is.

- LOL! BS propaganda. Didn't realise you're a Hindutva.

- Many Hindu temples were destroyed during Muslim AND HINDU rule throughout History, that's just the nature of war. I happen to know the history of Islamic India, so no BS claims please.

- Many temples were turned into mosques, yes, as many Hindus became Muslim.

- LOL! You are a Hindutva.

I do Not believe mainstram media and judge Islam. You're gullible enough to do so and tell me about hindutva.

- Case in point.

- They migrated. I am not surprised you're ignorant of this simple fact.

Are you living in a fairy world.

- Don't know about that. You should thank Islam then, given how now people have a chance to separate if the marriage becomes unbearable. Then again, there is Suttee...

For us hindus the marriage is an atoot bandhan. No one in India heard of Sati before white man invaded India.

- Now, that's just BS. & it's not like prostitution is OK in Islam either!

No one in India had meat /eggs /chicken etc before Islam invaded india. Although some people ate fish. Prostitution in india was brainchild of muslim kings.

- Not that I believe you, but maybe that's because the Indian languages aren't so great after all.

- Listen, I posted this thread to ask simple questions of fellow Hindus, for insights into their nation, & the teachings of their religion. I sincerely believe the Hindu religion was originally divine, & I respect all devout people. & I was hoping you'd be sharing my sincerity & start bashing Islam right & left..

- Well, thank you for being honest. That is true.

Prophet Mohammad was a hindu.

There was an original heavier than steel shivalingham At SE corner of kaaba,later replaced by a fake one.

Koran was edited in the kodungullur temple of kerala.

The original koran does not require circumcision.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 2:19:07 PM
At 2/24/2016 1:03:32 PM, TREssspa wrote:

I do Not believe mainstram media and judge Islam. You're gullible enough to do so and tell me about hindutva.

- Well, you do share their views though. Taj Mahal being a Hindu temple?! Hindus being converted to Islam by sword & rape?!...

- You mean your world? Nah, I am content with the real world.

For us hindus the marriage is an atoot bandhan.

- That's the case in Christianity as well. But it is a lie, not all marriages are supposed to last, especially terrible ones.

No one in India heard of Sati before white man invaded India.

- It was practiced from ancient times there! That's just a fact.

No one in India had meat /eggs /chicken etc before Islam invaded india.

- First of all, you don't know that! You haven't lived then to know what everybody ate or didn't eat. Second of all, what's wrong with eating meat/egg/chicken?!

Although some people ate fish. Prostitution in india was brainchild of muslim kings.

- That isn't even remotely true. Some forms of prostitution were seen as virtuous in India before the advent of Islam, such as: Nagarvadhu. Besides, prostitution is unlawful in Islam, as is any sexual relation outside marriage.

- If you mean it in the same sense as Krishna was a Muslim prophet, then OK. I am guessing you believe Jesus (pbuh) was Hindu as well, following the claims of a certain P. N. Oak.

There was an original heavier than steel shivalingham At SE corner of kaaba,later replaced by a fake one.

- Yep, the 'P. N. Oak' guy must be your source.

- Yeah, right! & you tell me you're not hindutva?!

- There was never a mention of circumcision in the Qur'an to begin with.
Current Debates:

Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 3:00:11 PM

Thank you.

Most religions offer teaching on war and conflict. And over time religion has been at the heart of conflict between nations. Hindus have a special aversion for violence and criminal activity because it effects their Karma which in turn determines their next reincarnate state. Bad karma are consequential and therefore Hindus avoid negative behaviour to avoid being cursed a lifetime in the next cycle of rebirths. Just the thought of returning as a Muslim or Christian as punishment for bad Karma is an effective deterrent.
This might also explain why Hindus spend their lives seeking enlightenment where as Muslims and Christians spend their lives praying for forgiveness for past and present sins.
Hindus focus on transcendental spirituality, Muslims and Christians are stuck with the teachings of dead prophets.
Hindus work to escape the cycle of rebirths. Christians and Muslims repeat the same message of forgiveness from sin, salvation and judgement day accompanied by an apocalyptic ending.
This constant drum beat of end times has caused a reckless abandonment of principles, values and morality and has contributed to the disproportionate statistics.
"Communism contributed 39.7% to the death toll, Christianity 31.4%, Buddhism 19.5%, Chinese religions 5.4%, Islam 3.7%, & finally, Hinduism 0.2%!!
I have given you the cause and effect and why Hinduism will always remain transcendental.

Hindu sacred texts on war
Hindu attitudes to war and peace are based on the teachings of Hindu sacred texts such as the Vedas, the Laws of Manu and the Bhagavad Gita.
Ahimsa (a very important belief in Hinduism) means trying to fight injustice and evil but without using any physical force.
Many Hindus believe that any violence is always wrong. This includes fighting in a war or killing animals for meat. They believe that actions like this will produce bad , karma (meaning all actions have consequences). However, war is not forbidden in Hinduism. The gods of the Vedas are asked to send prayers to help in battles and to take soldiers who are killed in battle straight to the afterlife. It is the dharma (duty) of Kshatriyas, the warrior caste, to fight in battles when required.
In the Bhagavad Gita (sacred text) Krishna (an avatar of the God Vishnu) has a discussion with a Kshatriya called Arjuna. Arjuna does not want to fight but Krishna explains that it is his duty.
Think thou also of thy duty and do not waver. There is no greater good for a warrior than to fight in a righteous war.
Bhagavad Gita 2:31
Therefore, within Hinduism, there are different opinions about violence and fighting.

Hindu rules of warfare
The Hindu approach to war and peace are found in many of the scriptures, but the Laws of Manu, the Rig Veda and the Mahabarata make important points.
The Laws of Manu tell Hindus about the right ways to behave during war. It says that Kshatriyas should fight out of duty. They must show honour and mercy and not attack the elderly, women or children. Also they must not attack people who are asleep or who have surrendered.
Some Hindus believe that these teachings are for all time while others think that they do not apply to modern wars where civilians are often injured or killed and there is very little face-to-face combat.
The Mahabarata (in the Bhagavad Gita) expresses the Hindu attitude to war and peace through the terrible dilemma faced by Arjuna. Arjuna faced going into battle against his kinsmen, his cousins and teachers and the thought of the slaughter that would follow appalled him. Krishna gave him the advice that it is sometimes necessary to fight a just war to overcome evil forces. Krishna reminds Arjuna that to fight for peace, justice and truth is to fulfil the law of God.
The Rig Veda says:
The warrior should not poison the tip of his arrow, he must not attack the sick or the old, a child, or a woman or from behind. These are sinful acts and lead to hell even if the warrior is the winner.
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 3:04:27 PM
At 2/24/2016 2:19:07 PM, Yassine wrote:
At 2/24/2016 1:03:32 PM, TREssspa wrote:

- Well, you do share their views though. Taj Mahal being a Hindu temple?! Hindus being converted to Islam by sword & rape?!...

- You mean your world? Nah, I am content with the real world.

For us hindus the marriage is an atoot bandhan.

- That's the case in Christianity as well. But it is a lie, not all marriages are supposed to last, especially terrible ones.

We match kundali to see if marriage is going to work or not.

No one in India heard of Sati before white man invaded India.

- It was practiced from ancient times there! That's just a fact.

No one in India had meat /eggs /chicken etc before Islam invaded india.

- First of all, you don't know that! You haven't lived then to know what everybody ate or didn't eat. Second of all, what's wrong with eating meat/egg/chicken?!

And you lived in ancient times in India when sati was practiced, right?

Although some people ate fish. Prostitution in india was brainchild of muslim kings.

- That isn't even remotely true. Some forms of prostitution were seen as virtuous in India before the advent of Islam, such as: Nagarvadhu. Besides, prostitution is unlawful in Islam, as is any sexual relation outside marriage.

That 'virtuous protitution', we indians have no idea about that. We don't want a foreign muslim man to tell us about ourselves. We know our history very well.

- If you mean it in the same sense as Krishna was a Muslim prophet, then OK. I am guessing you believe Jesus (pbuh) was Hindu as well, following the claims of a certain P. N. Oak.

Keep Lord Krishna out of this. Lord Krishna was not a prophet.

- Yep, the 'P. N. Oak' guy must be your source.

- Yeah, right! & you tell me you're not hindutva?!

- There was never a mention of circumcision in the Qur'an to begin with.

786 is the mirror image of om.

Vedic deities were worshipped in Kaaba.

Muslim kings are not respected in india by anyone.

Prophet Mohammad was a namboodhiri hindu.

Nikah (marriage) in Islam is inspired by Lord Parshurama.

Indian muslims visit hindu temples secrety.

If muslims do Not believe in Idolatery, what is the stoning ritual At Kaaba?
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 3:25:30 PM
At 2/24/2016 3:00:11 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Thank you.

Most religions offer teaching on war and conflict. And over time religion has been at the heart of conflict between nations. Hindus have a special aversion for violence and criminal activity because it effects their Karma which in turn determines their next reincarnate state. Bad karma are consequential and therefore Hindus avoid negative behaviour to avoid being cursed a lifetime in the next cycle of rebirths. Just the thought of returning as a Muslim or Christian as punishment for bad Karma is an effective deterrent.
This might also explain why Hindus spend their lives seeking enlightenment where as Muslims and Christians spend their lives praying for forgiveness for past and present sins.
Hindus focus on transcendental spirituality, Muslims and Christians are stuck with the teachings of dead prophets.
Hindus work to escape the cycle of rebirths. Christians and Muslims repeat the same message of forgiveness from sin, salvation and judgement day accompanied by an apocalyptic ending.
This constant drum beat of end times has caused a reckless abandonment of principles, values and morality and has contributed to the disproportionate statistics.
"Communism contributed 39.7% to the death toll, Christianity 31.4%, Buddhism 19.5%, Chinese religions 5.4%, Islam 3.7%, & finally, Hinduism 0.2%!!
I have given you the cause and effect and why Hinduism will always remain transcendental.

Hindu attitudes to war and peace are based on the teachings of Hindu sacred texts such as the Vedas, the Laws of Manu and the Bhagavad Gita.
Ahimsa (a very important belief in Hinduism) means trying to fight injustice and evil but without using any physical force.
Many Hindus believe that any violence is always wrong. This includes fighting in a war or killing animals for meat. They believe that actions like this will produce bad , karma (meaning all actions have consequences). However, war is not forbidden in Hinduism. The gods of the Vedas are asked to send prayers to help in battles and to take soldiers who are killed in battle straight to the afterlife. It is the dharma (duty) of Kshatriyas, the warrior caste, to fight in battles when required.
In the Bhagavad Gita (sacred text) Krishna (an avatar of the God Vishnu) has a discussion with a Kshatriya called Arjuna. Arjuna does not want to fight but Krishna explains that it is his duty.
Think thou also of thy duty and do not waver. There is no greater good for a warrior than to fight in a righteous war.
Therefore, within Hinduism, there are different opinions about violence and fighting.

Hindu rules of warfare
The Hindu approach to war and peace are found in many of the scriptures, but the Laws of Manu, the Rig Veda and the Mahabarata make important points.
The Laws of Manu tell Hindus about the right ways to behave during war. It says that Kshatriyas should fight out of duty. They must show honour and mercy and not attack the elderly, women or children. Also they must not attack people who are asleep or who have surrendered.
Some Hindus believe that these teachings are for all time while others think that they do not apply to modern wars where civilians are often injured or killed and there is very little face-to-face combat.
The Mahabarata (in the Bhagavad Gita) expresses the Hindu attitude to war and peace through the terrible dilemma faced by Arjuna. Arjuna faced going into battle against his kinsmen, his cousins and teachers and the thought of the slaughter that would follow appalled him. Krishna gave him the advice that it is sometimes necessary to fight a just war to overcome evil forces. Krishna reminds Arjuna that to fight for peace, justice and truth is to fulfil the law of God.
The Rig Veda says:
The warrior should not poison the tip of his arrow, he must not attack the sick or the old, a child, or a woman or from behind. These are sinful acts and lead to hell even if the warrior is the winner.

Almost all the essence is lost even if you translate bhagvadgita word by word. What lord Krishna said is out of scope of DDO. Add to that It is not possible for any man to pronounce Gita verses. Maharshi do Not exist today.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 3:50:43 PM
At 2/24/2016 3:25:30 PM, TREssspa wrote:

Thank you.

Hindu rules of warfare
The Rig Veda says:

Almost all the essence is lost even if you translate bhagvadgita word by word. What lord Krishna said is out of scope of DDO. Add to that It is not possible for any man to pronounce Gita verses. Maharshi do Not exist today.

True, but we should not forget our history and how we maintained our cultural, intellectual and spiritual integrity despite being subjected to foreign rule in our past.
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 4:03:06 PM
At 2/24/2016 3:50:43 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Thank you.

Hindu rules of warfare
The Rig Veda says:

True, but we should not forget our history and how we maintained our cultural, intellectual and spiritual integrity despite being subjected to foreign rule in our past.

Harikrish, are you a hindu?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 6:06:44 PM
At 2/24/2016 4:03:06 PM, TREssspa wrote:

Thank you.

Hindu rules of warfare
The Rig Veda says:

I am a Vedantist raised in the Vedantic tradition a Hundu by birth and trained in the reading of esoteric scriptures, Christian Theology and Islamic Fundamentalism. I am also a student of philosophy and the behavioural sciences.
Namaste to you.
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 6:30:41 PM
At 2/24/2016 6:06:44 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Thank you.

Hindu rules of warfare
The Rig Veda says:

I am a Vedantist raised in the Vedantic tradition a Hundu by birth and trained in the reading of esoteric scriptures, Christian Theology and Islamic Fundamentalism. I am also a student of philosophy and the behavioural sciences.
Namaste to you.

Namaskar mitr. Where were you born and what is the meaning of your name? I am curious to know.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 7:21:07 PM
At 2/24/2016 6:30:41 PM, TREssspa wrote:

Thank you.

Hindu rules of warfare
The Rig Veda says:

Namaste to you.

Namaskar mitr. Where were you born and what is the meaning of your name? I am curious to know.
It means Indra Shiva; Krishna and Vishnu Conjoined. Born in Bangalore South India.
How about yourself?
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 5:48:10 AM
At 2/24/2016 7:21:07 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/24/2016 6:30:41 PM, TREssspa wrote:

Thank you.

Hindu rules of warfare
The Rig Veda says:

Namaste to you.

It means Indra Shiva; Krishna and Vishnu Conjoined. Born in Bangalore South India.
How about yourself?

I am an avid supporter of Advaita Vedanta, was born in Jammu, my forefathers were from Haryana. I was raised with traditional indian values.

You must be proud of your origins.
Outplayz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 5:53:54 AM

Thank you.

I think it was the smell... no, i know it was the smell.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 6:25:37 AM

Thank you.

- Finally, an answer. Thanks for responding.

- Does Karma apply to the current life before rebirth? What does it matter, if the reborn person has no recollection of his previous life?

This might also explain why Hindus spend their lives seeking enlightenment

- 'Enlightenment' in what sense?

where as Muslims and Christians spend their lives praying for forgiveness for past and present sins.

- There is a spiritual wing in both Islam & Christianity. In Islam, it's Sufism, where one practices Ihsan (Beautification of the Self), & seeks Fanaa' (Enlightenment).

Hindus focus on transcendental spirituality,

- What does that mean exactly?

Muslims and Christians are stuck with the teachings of dead prophets.

- Half the teachings of prophets are of spiritual nature...

- Indeed. When you look at it, that's also a cycle of rebirth into the heavenly realm.

This constant drum beat of end times has caused a reckless abandonment of principles, values and morality

- What do you mean by this?

and has contributed to the disproportionate statistics.

- 'Transcendental' as in...?

- I am aware of the principal.

Many Hindus believe that any violence is always wrong. This includes fighting in a war or killing animals for meat. They believe that actions like this will produce bad , karma (meaning all actions have consequences).

- I am not sure if Karma is a similar concept to Jazaa' in Islam, such as "So whoever does an atom's weight of good will see it, And whoever does an atom's weight of evil will see it.", "Is the reward for good [anything] but good?" (99:7-8) (55:60)

However, war is not forbidden in Hinduism. The gods of the Vedas are asked to send prayers to help in battles and to take soldiers who are killed in battle straight to the afterlife.

- What is that?

It is the dharma (duty) of Kshatriyas, the warrior caste, to fight in battles when required.

- What is a 'righteous cause'?

Hindu rules of warfare

- This is all too similar to Islamic teachings, I like it.

- I concur. A similar approach is taken by modern day traditional Muslim scholars as well. Some say the classical rules still apply in modern warfare, some say modern warfare is all together prohibited, for the use of bombs is akin to fire, & killing with fire is prohibited in Islam, & for having knowledge of civilian deaths implicates the fighters in their killing. What do Hindus think of using bombs in warfare?

The Rig Veda says:

- Beautiful quote.
Current Debates:

Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 6:52:08 AM
At 2/24/2016 3:04:27 PM, TREssspa wrote:

- What if it doesn't work? What if the husband is impotent or the wife sterile? What if they hate each-other to death?

- No, but there are plenty records of that. That's the first time I talked to someone who denies Suttee!

That 'virtuous protitution', we indians have no idea about that.

- You don't know about that. Don't generalise your ignorance of the fact to all Indians!!!

We don't want a foreign muslim man to tell us about ourselves.

- It's in your own records & literary traditions.

We know our history very well.

- Maybe other Hindus do, but you apparently don't.

Keep Lord Krishna out of this.

- Sorry if that offended you, I meant it in no offensive way. You know we revere our prophets.

Lord Krishna was not a prophet.

- In a sense, he was. A prophet is someone who calls to God, teaches worship of God & service to His creation, warns about the afterlife, performs miracles, foretells prophecies...

- It's not impossible. They had 360 deities up there!

- That isn't true at all. You're sounding like a hindutva all over again. This revisionist phenomenon started with British Rule when they spread their propagandas to try & clash Muslims & Hindus against each-other alleging how one group has been abusing the other, you know, divide & conquer. & now, it's been taken by Hindu nationalists & Hindutva. Muslim kings who ruled India, were kings. Some were respected, loved & admired, by Muslims & Hindus alike, some were feared & revered, some were hated & despised, some were pitied... etc. That goes for the officials & commanders under those kings as well, a great number of whom were HINDUS.

- How come?!

- Nikah is an Arabic word that excited way before the birth of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

- To do what? If they believe in Hinduism, why aren't they Hindus?

- Not idolatry.
Current Debates:

TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 8:06:48 AM
At 2/25/2016 6:52:08 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 2/24/2016 3:04:27 PM, TREssspa wrote:

- What if it doesn't work? What if the husband is impotent or the wife sterile? What if they hate each-other to death?

- No, but there are plenty records of that. That's the first time I talked to someone who denies Suttee!

That 'virtuous protitution', we indians have no idea about that.

- You don't know about that. Don't generalise your ignorance of the fact to all Indians!!!

We don't want a foreign muslim man to tell us about ourselves.

- It's in your own records & literary traditions.

We know our history very well.

- Maybe other Hindus do, but you apparently don't.

Keep Lord Krishna out of this.

- Sorry if that offended you, I meant it in no offensive way. You know we revere our prophets.

Lord Krishna was not a prophet.

- In a sense, he was. A prophet is someone who calls to God, teaches worship of God & service to His creation, warns about the afterlife, performs miracles, foretells prophecies...

Stop here! Lord Krishna was prophet? Are you really that stupid.

Krishna is the eighth avatar of Lord Vishnu.

Vishnu himself in a mortal form. Are you really comparing Krishna to a prophet? WE KNOW WHO WAS PROPHET MOHAMMAD. WE KNOW WHAT HE IS WORTH. YOU ARE NOT YET READY TO FACE THE TRUTH!

- It's not impossible. They had 360 deities up there!

Ibn Battuta accounts say that Calicut King Cheman Perumal had a head priest cum accounts in-charge at the Shiva Temple ( called PAGAN temple by the west ) at Mecca which was a watering oasis for the camels , enroute to Jerusalem and Petra.

For whatever reasons, the disturbed King decided to make a trip to Mecca , as soon as he heard that Mohammed founded Islam and installed a black stone , on the SE corner of the Kaaba.

He took a ship from Calicut to Salalah and form there went by caravan route to Mecca. He met Mohammed , and the Islamic grapevine says that he was impressed by Islam and got converted from Hindu to Muslim.

The King"s court at Calicut does NOT record this conversion, though messages were sent fast by carrier pigeons and hawks. The Encyclopedia Islamia admits as much when it says: "Muhammed's grandfather and uncles were hereditary priests of the Kaaba temple which housed 360 Vedic idols!" The encyclopedia Britannica records ths too.

Ibn Battuta tells that Cheraman Perumal gave some tangy Calicut ginger pickle to Muhammed who ate it with great relish. The Prophet distributed it among his companions too. I also received a piece to eat --Hakim reports in 'Al Musthadrak.

On the way back to Calicut, the king fell ill and was buried at Salalah, Oman ( some at Salalah say that he was killed ).. This is a pilgrimage centre, as the Muslims say that the Hindu king was converted by Mohammed to bear the Muslim name Tajuddin given to him by Hazrat Syedina Muhammadur Rasool.

After Mohammed the Prophet died in 632 AD , June 8th, his loyal disciple Malik Bin Dinar landed at Calicut by ship in 643 AD , after visiting the dargah of Tajuddin ( King Cheraman Perumal ) at Salalah,

He had a letter in King Cheraman Perumal"s hand in Malayalam that he has given permission to Mohammad to build mosques in Kerala. So Malik Bin Dinar became the first Qazi of the first mosque at Kodungallur in Kerala. Kodungallur was the centre of festivals during the reign of Hindu king Cheraman Perumal.

- That isn't true at all. You're sounding like a hindutva all over again. This revisionist phenomenon started with British Rule when they spread their propagandas to try & clash Muslims & Hindus against each-other alleging how one group has been abusing the other, you know, divide & conquer. & now, it's been taken by Hindu nationalists & Hindutva. Muslim kings who ruled India, were kings. Some were respected, loved & admired, by Muslims & Hindus alike, some were feared & revered, some were hated & despised, some were pitied... etc. That goes for the officials & commanders under those kings as well, a great number of whom were HINDUS.

- How come?!

- Nikah is an Arabic word that excited way before the birth of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).

- To do what? If they believe in Hinduism, why aren't they Hindus?

- Not idolatry.

Say, you have no answer.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 8:17:44 AM

Thank you.
Communism has no religious affiliation.
Back to the drawing board.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 8:19:20 AM
No it's not, it's the rejection of all claims that gods exist.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 8:26:21 AM
At 2/25/2016 6:52:08 AM, Yassine wrote:

There's always paraffin.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 9:33:36 AM
At 2/25/2016 8:06:48 AM, TREssspa wrote:

- Wasn't Krishna someone who calls to God, teaches worship of God & service to His creation, warns about the afterlife, performs miracles, foretells prophecies...?

Vishnu himself in a mortal form.

- Is this divine manifestation similar to the view of Christ in Christianity, or does it mean something else entirely?

Are you really comparing Krishna to a prophet?

- I am merely remarking on how prophet-like Krishna is, which isn't a bad thing!!! Whether you believe he was Vishnu in mortal form doesn't contradict this remark. Christians too believe Jesus was God incarnate, we don't. Instead we see him as prophet of God.

WE KNOW WHO WAS PROPHET MOHAMMAD. WE KNOW WHAT HE IS WORTH. YOU ARE NOT YET READY TO FACE THE TRUTH!

- Dude, you obviously believe in Krishna, as avatar of Lord Vishnu. & I obviously don't share your beliefs. "To you is your religion, and to me is my religion!".

Ibn Battuta accounts say that Calicut King Cheman Perumal had a head priest cum accounts in-charge at the Shiva Temple ( called PAGAN temple by the west ) at Mecca which was a watering oasis for the camels , enroute to Jerusalem and Petra.

For whatever reasons, the disturbed King decided to make a trip to Mecca , as soon as he heard that Mohammed founded Islam and installed a black stone , on the SE corner of the Kaaba.

He took a ship from Calicut to Salalah and form there went by caravan route to Mecca. He met Mohammed , and the Islamic grapevine says that he was impressed by Islam and got converted from Hindu to Muslim.

The King"s court at Calicut does NOT record this conversion, though messages were sent fast by carrier pigeons and hawks. The Encyclopedia Islamia admits as much when it says: "Muhammed's grandfather and uncles were hereditary priests of the Kaaba temple which housed 360 Vedic idols!" The encyclopedia Britannica records ths too.

Ibn Battuta tells that Cheraman Perumal gave some tangy Calicut ginger pickle to Muhammed who ate it with great relish. The Prophet distributed it among his companions too. I also received a piece to eat --Hakim reports in 'Al Musthadrak.

On the way back to Calicut, the king fell ill and was buried at Salalah, Oman ( some at Salalah say that he was killed ).. This is a pilgrimage centre, as the Muslims say that the Hindu king was converted by Mohammed to bear the Muslim name Tajuddin given to him by Hazrat Syedina Muhammadur Rasool.

After Mohammed the Prophet died in 632 AD , June 8th, his loyal disciple Malik Bin Dinar landed at Calicut by ship in 643 AD , after visiting the dargah of Tajuddin ( King Cheraman Perumal ) at Salalah,

He had a letter in King Cheraman Perumal"s hand in Malayalam that he has given permission to Mohammad to build mosques in Kerala. So Malik Bin Dinar became the first Qazi of the first mosque at Kodungallur in Kerala. Kodungallur was the centre of festivals during the reign of Hindu king Cheraman Perumal.

- I am well aware of the story. Thanks for relating it.

Say, you have no answer.

- The answer is: no idolatry.
Current Debates:

Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 9:34:53 AM
At 2/25/2016 8:17:44 AM, bulproof wrote:

- Depends on how you define 'religious'.

Back to the drawing board.

- Good luck with that.
Current Debates:

bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 9:55:18 AM
At 2/25/2016 9:34:53 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 2/25/2016 8:17:44 AM, bulproof wrote:

- Depends on how you define 'religious'.
I define it as being of religion.
And communism fails that test.
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 1:30:46 PM
At 2/25/2016 9:33:36 AM, Yassine wrote:
At 2/25/2016 8:06:48 AM, TREssspa wrote:

- Wasn't Krishna someone who calls to God, teaches worship of God & service to His creation, warns about the afterlife, performs miracles, foretells prophecies...?

You can not understand ONE verse of Gita in your entire life time.

Vishnu himself in a mortal form.

- Is this divine manifestation similar to the view of Christ in Christianity, or does it mean something else entirely?

Are you really comparing Krishna to a prophet?

- I am merely remarking on how prophet-like Krishna is, which isn't a bad thing!!! Whether you believe he was Vishnu in mortal form doesn't contradict this remark. Christians too believe Jesus was God incarnate, we don't. Instead we see him as prophet of God.

Vishnu avatars like Krishna have more than 13 strand DNA and king sized pineal gland - beyond space and time. The sixth avatar Lord Parshurama is chiranjivi (immortal), he is still meditating in mahendragiri parvat.

WE KNOW WHO WAS PROPHET MOHAMMAD. WE KNOW WHAT HE IS WORTH. YOU ARE NOT YET READY TO FACE THE TRUTH!

- Dude, you obviously believe in Krishna, as avatar of Lord Vishnu. & I obviously don't share your beliefs. "To you is your religion, and to me is my religion!".

- I am well aware of the story. Thanks for relating it.

Say, you have no answer.

- The answer is: no idolatry.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 2:09:20 PM
At 2/25/2016 1:30:46 PM, TREssspa wrote:

- OK.

Vishnu avatars like Krishna have more than 13 strand DNA and king sized pineal gland - beyond space and time. The sixth avatar Lord Parshurama is chiranjivi (immortal), he is still meditating in mahendragiri parvat.

- You haven't answered the question...
Current Debates:

TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 2:19:48 PM
At 2/25/2016 2:09:20 PM, Yassine wrote:

- OK.

Lord Krishna is god and not a prophet.
Yassine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 2:40:49 PM
At 2/25/2016 2:19:48 PM, TREssspa wrote:
At 2/25/2016 2:09:20 PM, Yassine wrote:

- OK.

Lord Krishna is god and not a prophet.

- The same way Christ is to Christians?
Current Debates: