Total Posts:33|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Godless Should Not Try To Read The Bible.

Stegley
Posts: 158
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 8:07:52 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Nothing in The Bible was written for Godless people to read.

None of the NT letters were addressed to them in the opening verses. None of the Theology or Commandments are for them to follow because they do not have any Holy Spirit Power. None of the privileged explanations about The Kingdom were written for them to read and think about. None of the blessings or promises of Scripture are for them. None of the beauty of God's Word is for them because they cannot praise God for it. None of Scripture is for children or the illuterate, because those kinds of people cannot even read.

Therefore, Christians are mistaken and foolish to think that Godless people are under any obligation to follow the morality and standards of Scripture. This is just one of the reasons Nonchristians are so continually disgusted with Christians. The Christians foolishly expect Nonchristians to follow the rules of a game they choose not to participate in.

I will take brief note of your inability to learn Truth, here. Pity.
DavidHenson
Posts: 446
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 8:28:13 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
None of Scripture is for children or the illuterate?

Deuteronomy 4:9 "Only watch out for yourself and take good care of your soul, that you may not forget the things that your eyes have seen and that they may not depart from your heart all the days of your life; and you must make them known to your sons and to your grandsons,

Deuteronomy 11:19 You must also teach them to your sons, so as to speak of them when you sit in your house and when you walk on the road and when you lie down and when you get up.

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a boy according to the way for him; even when he grows old he will not turn aside from it.

Ephesians 6:4 And you, fathers, do not be irritating your children, but go on bringing them up in the discipline and mental-regulating of Jehovah.
"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty." - Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune
tvellalott
Posts: 10,864
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 11:20:55 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Where can I get this Holy Spirit Power?
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 12:59:27 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 8:07:52 AM, Stegley wrote:
Nothing in The Bible was written for Godless people to read.

None of the NT letters were addressed to them in the opening verses. None of the Theology or Commandments are for them to follow because they do not have any Holy Spirit Power. None of the privileged explanations about The Kingdom were written for them to read and think about. None of the blessings or promises of Scripture are for them. None of the beauty of God's Word is for them because they cannot praise God for it. None of Scripture is for children or the illuterate, because those kinds of people cannot even read.

Therefore, Christians are mistaken and foolish to think that Godless people are under any obligation to follow the morality and standards of Scripture. This is just one of the reasons Nonchristians are so continually disgusted with Christians. The Christians foolishly expect Nonchristians to follow the rules of a game they choose not to participate in.

I will take brief note of your inability to learn Truth, here. Pity.

When our fellow human beings among other things claim hey check this book out, it's so super awesome it must be the work of some great non human supernatural intelligence and among other things used as a justification for killing and or treating gays like sh*t, then yeah I think everyone concerned should have some knowledge about the content of such "holy" books.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
AWSM0055
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 1:00:01 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 8:07:52 AM, Stegley wrote:
Nothing in The Bible was written for Godless people to read.

Really? Funny the bible says the EXACT f*cking opposite.

None of the NT letters were addressed to them in the opening verses. None of the Theology or Commandments are for them to follow because they do not have any Holy Spirit Power. None of the privileged explanations about The Kingdom were written for them to read and think about. None of the blessings or promises of Scripture are for them. None of the beauty of God's Word is for them because they cannot praise God for it. None of Scripture is for children or the illuterate, because those kinds of people cannot even read.

Therefore, Christians are mistaken and foolish to think that Godless people are under any obligation to follow the morality and standards of Scripture. This is just one of the reasons Nonchristians are so continually disgusted with Christians. The Christians foolishly expect Nonchristians to follow the rules of a game they choose not to participate in.

I will take brief note of your inability to learn Truth, here. Pity.
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
DPMartin
Posts: 1,096
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 3:35:07 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 8:07:52 AM, Stegley wrote:
Nothing in The Bible was written for Godless people to read.

None of the NT letters were addressed to them in the opening verses. None of the Theology or Commandments are for them to follow because they do not have any Holy Spirit Power. None of the privileged explanations about The Kingdom were written for them to read and think about. None of the blessings or promises of Scripture are for them. None of the beauty of God's Word is for them because they cannot praise God for it. None of Scripture is for children or the illuterate, because those kinds of people cannot even read.

Therefore, Christians are mistaken and foolish to think that Godless people are under any obligation to follow the morality and standards of Scripture. This is just one of the reasons Nonchristians are so continually disgusted with Christians. The Christians foolishly expect Nonchristians to follow the rules of a game they choose not to participate in.

I will take brief note of your inability to learn Truth, here. Pity.

Well if the scriptures weren"t made available to the general public potential believers wouldn"t get the chance to read it either. Granted the scriptures are to a certain people and not to others, but the scriptures don"t change because there are those who don"t believe it. Besides if your faith can"t withstand the foolishness of those who would take the time to ridicule those who do believe when they could be doing anything else productive in their lives, then you have no real faith that is of Christ and you would be holding their stupidity in high regard.
Stegley
Posts: 158
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 12:54:48 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 8:28:13 AM, DavidHenson wrote:
None of Scripture is for children or the illuterate?

Deuteronomy 4:9 "Only watch out for yourself and take good care of your soul, that you may not forget the things that your eyes have seen and that they may not depart from your heart all the days of your life; and you must make them known to your sons and to your grandsons,

Deuteronomy 11:19 You must also teach them to your sons, so as to speak of them when you sit in your house and when you walk on the road and when you lie down and when you get up.

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a boy according to the way for him; even when he grows old he will not turn aside from it.

Ephesians 6:4 And you, fathers, do not be irritating your children, but go on bringing them up in the discipline and mental-regulating of Jehovah.

You just demonstrated the OP. Deuteronomy was strictly written for the Hebrews. Proverbs says nothing about using Scripture being used to train a child. Ephesians 6:4 was writ ten to those who knew who Jehovah was and were already in The Church.

Are you observant to the meaning of English words, or only to how your little Church Buttons respond when they are tapped by someone? Lol.
Stegley
Posts: 158
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 12:57:52 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 1:00:01 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 2/24/2016 8:07:52 AM, Stegley wrote:
Nothing in The Bible was written for Godless people to read.

Really? Funny the bible says the EXACT f*cking opposite.

None of the NT letters were addressed to them in the opening verses. None of the Theology or Commandments are for them to follow because they do not have any Holy Spirit Power. None of the privileged explanations about The Kingdom were written for them to read and think about. None of the blessings or promises of Scripture are for them. None of the beauty of God's Word is for them because they cannot praise God for it. None of Scripture is for children or the illuterate, because those kinds of people cannot even read.

Therefore, Christians are mistaken and foolish to think that Godless people are under any obligation to follow the morality and standards of Scripture. This is just one of the reasons Nonchristians are so continually disgusted with Christians. The Christians foolishly expect Nonchristians to follow the rules of a game they choose not to participate in.

I will take brief note of your inability to learn Truth, here. Pity.

I notice you cannot cite where The Bible states it was written for Godress people. How is that macho imagination of yours coming along ... ? Soooo much feeling!

Lol
Stegley
Posts: 158
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 1:00:30 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 3:35:07 PM, DPMartin wrote:
At 2/24/2016 8:07:52 AM, Stegley wrote:
Nothing in The Bible was written for Godless people to read.

None of the NT letters were addressed to them in the opening verses. None of the Theology or Commandments are for them to follow because they do not have any Holy Spirit Power. None of the privileged explanations about The Kingdom were written for them to read and think about. None of the blessings or promises of Scripture are for them. None of the beauty of God's Word is for them because they cannot praise God for it. None of Scripture is for children or the illuterate, because those kinds of people cannot even read.

Therefore, Christians are mistaken and foolish to think that Godless people are under any obligation to follow the morality and standards of Scripture. This is just one of the reasons Nonchristians are so continually disgusted with Christians. The Christians foolishly expect Nonchristians to follow the rules of a game they choose not to participate in.

I will take brief note of your inability to learn Truth, here. Pity.

Well if the scriptures weren"t made available to the general public potential believers wouldn"t get the chance to read it either. Granted the scriptures are to a certain people and not to others, but the scriptures don"t change because there are those who don"t believe it. Besides if your faith can"t withstand the foolishness of those who would take the time to ridicule those who do believe when they could be doing anything else productive in their lives, then you have no real faith that is of Christ and you would be holding their stupidity in high regard.

Who so lovingly trained you to think and speak like a woman in such a convoluted and poorly organized manner?

Did they also tell you to be proud of that? Lol.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,642
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 1:04:00 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 8:07:52 AM, Stegley wrote:
Nothing in The Bible was written for Godless people to read.

None of the NT letters were addressed to them in the opening verses. None of the Theology or Commandments are for them to follow because they do not have any Holy Spirit Power. None of the privileged explanations about The Kingdom were written for them to read and think about. None of the blessings or promises of Scripture are for them. None of the beauty of God's Word is for them because they cannot praise God for it. None of Scripture is for children or the illuterate, because those kinds of people cannot even read.

Therefore, Christians are mistaken and foolish to think that Godless people are under any obligation to follow the morality and standards of Scripture. This is just one of the reasons Nonchristians are so continually disgusted with Christians. The Christians foolishly expect Nonchristians to follow the rules of a game they choose not to participate in.

I will take brief note of your inability to learn Truth, here. Pity.

Everyone is godless, no one has any gods. If anyone had a god, they could then show it to us. Can you show us your god if you had one?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Stegley
Posts: 158
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 1:35:25 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/25/2016 1:04:00 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 2/24/2016 8:07:52 AM, Stegley wrote:
Nothing in The Bible was written for Godless people to read.

None of the NT letters were addressed to them in the opening verses. None of the Theology or Commandments are for them to follow because they do not have any Holy Spirit Power. None of the privileged explanations about The Kingdom were written for them to read and think about. None of the blessings or promises of Scripture are for them. None of the beauty of God's Word is for them because they cannot praise God for it. None of Scripture is for children or the illuterate, because those kinds of people cannot even read.

Therefore, Christians are mistaken and foolish to think that Godless people are under any obligation to follow the morality and standards of Scripture. This is just one of the reasons Nonchristians are so continually disgusted with Christians. The Christians foolishly expect Nonchristians to follow the rules of a game they choose not to participate in.

I will take brief note of your inability to learn Truth, here. Pity.

Everyone is godless, no one has any gods. If anyone had a god, they could then show it to us. Can you show us your god if you had one?

Nope. God lives far, far away from our dimension.

By default, your God is yourself. You give all attention and primary value to the pragmatic care of yourself.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,642
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 1:40:32 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/25/2016 1:35:25 AM, Stegley wrote:
At 2/25/2016 1:04:00 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 2/24/2016 8:07:52 AM, Stegley wrote:
Nothing in The Bible was written for Godless people to read.

None of the NT letters were addressed to them in the opening verses. None of the Theology or Commandments are for them to follow because they do not have any Holy Spirit Power. None of the privileged explanations about The Kingdom were written for them to read and think about. None of the blessings or promises of Scripture are for them. None of the beauty of God's Word is for them because they cannot praise God for it. None of Scripture is for children or the illuterate, because those kinds of people cannot even read.

Therefore, Christians are mistaken and foolish to think that Godless people are under any obligation to follow the morality and standards of Scripture. This is just one of the reasons Nonchristians are so continually disgusted with Christians. The Christians foolishly expect Nonchristians to follow the rules of a game they choose not to participate in.

I will take brief note of your inability to learn Truth, here. Pity.

Everyone is godless, no one has any gods. If anyone had a god, they could then show it to us. Can you show us your god if you had one?

Nope. God lives far, far away from our dimension.

LOL. It's funny when you believers make sh1t up as you go along. Your silly stories are only matched by your lack of creativity.

By default, your God is yourself. You give all attention and primary value to the pragmatic care of yourself.

So do you, so does everyone. What's your point?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
AWSM0055
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 2:16:16 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/25/2016 12:57:52 AM, Stegley wrote:
At 2/24/2016 1:00:01 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 2/24/2016 8:07:52 AM, Stegley wrote:
Nothing in The Bible was written for Godless people to read.

Really? Funny the bible says the EXACT f*cking opposite.

None of the NT letters were addressed to them in the opening verses. None of the Theology or Commandments are for them to follow because they do not have any Holy Spirit Power. None of the privileged explanations about The Kingdom were written for them to read and think about. None of the blessings or promises of Scripture are for them. None of the beauty of God's Word is for them because they cannot praise God for it. None of Scripture is for children or the illuterate, because those kinds of people cannot even read.

Therefore, Christians are mistaken and foolish to think that Godless people are under any obligation to follow the morality and standards of Scripture. This is just one of the reasons Nonchristians are so continually disgusted with Christians. The Christians foolishly expect Nonchristians to follow the rules of a game they choose not to participate in.

I will take brief note of your inability to learn Truth, here. Pity.

I notice you cannot cite where The Bible states it was written for Godress people. How is that macho imagination of yours coming along ... ? Soooo much feeling!

Lol

Your ignorance is hilarious. Did not Paul preach to Gentiles? Did Jesus mean "only those with Holy Spirit" when he said to "preach to all creation"? Mark 15:16? I can sense Jesus face palming as we type.
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 2:32:37 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 8:07:52 AM, Stegley wrote:
Nothing in The Bible was written for Godless people to read.
The bible is simply another human devised book regarding in the main, human devised stories & propaganda concerning the Mythical gods!
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 3:35:18 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 8:07:52 AM, Stegley wrote:
Nothing in The Bible was written for Godless people to read.

None of the NT letters were addressed to them in the opening verses. None of the Theology or Commandments are for them to follow because they do not have any Holy Spirit Power. None of the privileged explanations about The Kingdom were written for them to read and think about. None of the blessings or promises of Scripture are for them. None of the beauty of God's Word is for them because they cannot praise God for it. None of Scripture is for children or the illuterate, because those kinds of people cannot even read.

Therefore, Christians are mistaken and foolish to think that Godless people are under any obligation to follow the morality and standards of Scripture. This is just one of the reasons Nonchristians are so continually disgusted with Christians. The Christians foolishly expect Nonchristians to follow the rules of a game they choose not to participate in.

I will take brief note of your inability to learn Truth, here. Pity.

I think its because you know what the bible looks like to people that live in reality and reason.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 3:44:38 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Curious. I don't believe in God and am therefore "Godless" in your view I assume. So please explain... How do I go about learning the truth of Gods word? On what grounds do I now change my mind and accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savior without the bible?
missmedic
Posts: 390
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 5:20:43 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 8:28:13 AM, DavidHenson wrote:
None of Scripture is for children or the illuterate?

Deuteronomy 4:9 "Only watch out for yourself and take good care of your soul, that you may not forget the things that your eyes have seen and that they may not depart from your heart all the days of your life; and you must make them known to your sons and to your grandsons,

Deuteronomy 11:19 You must also teach them to your sons, so as to speak of them when you sit in your house and when you walk on the road and when you lie down and when you get up.

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a boy according to the way for him; even when he grows old he will not turn aside from it.

Ephesians 6:4 And you, fathers, do not be irritating your children, but go on bringing them up in the discipline and mental-regulating of Jehovah.

Your offering parenting advice from a guy that drowned all his children
Stegley
Posts: 158
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 7:07:26 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/25/2016 2:16:16 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 2/25/2016 12:57:52 AM, Stegley wrote:
At 2/24/2016 1:00:01 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 2/24/2016 8:07:52 AM, Stegley wrote:
Nothing in The Bible was written for Godless people to read.

Really? Funny the bible says the EXACT f*cking opposite.

None of the NT letters were addressed to them in the opening verses. None of the Theology or Commandments are for them to follow because they do not have any Holy Spirit Power. None of the privileged explanations about The Kingdom were written for them to read and think about. None of the blessings or promises of Scripture are for them. None of the beauty of God's Word is for them because they cannot praise God for it. None of Scripture is for children or the illuterate, because those kinds of people cannot even read.

Therefore, Christians are mistaken and foolish to think that Godless people are under any obligation to follow the morality and standards of Scripture. This is just one of the reasons Nonchristians are so continually disgusted with Christians. The Christians foolishly expect Nonchristians to follow the rules of a game they choose not to participate in.

I will take brief note of your inability to learn Truth, here. Pity.

I notice you cannot cite where The Bible states it was written for Godress people. How is that macho imagination of yours coming along ... ? Soooo much feeling!

Lol

Your ignorance is hilarious. Did not Paul preach to Gentiles? Did Jesus mean "only those with Holy Spirit" when he said to "preach to all creation"? Mark 15:16? I can sense Jesus face palming as we type.

Thanks for your questions, whereby I can see your need. Yes, Paul did preach to the unbelieving Godless, on Mars Hill. However, do your very best to note there is no evidence he advised them to read the Hebrew Scriptures. And, hopefully you will already marvelously know that the NT did not exist at that time.

Are you still here? Excellent choice. Jesus indeed instruct His Apostles to go to all nations and "Preach," "Teach," and "Baptize." Try real hard, once again, to note He was referring to The Gospel, and not the Torah. He did not commission The Apostles to tell Godless people to read The Bible. And, again, the NT did not exist then.

It is good for you to honestly and openly come to me for help on these basic issues. Remember, human imagination does not interpret Scripture. It only interrupts Scripture. Lol.
Stegley
Posts: 158
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 7:09:53 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/25/2016 1:40:32 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 2/25/2016 1:35:25 AM, Stegley wrote:
At 2/25/2016 1:04:00 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 2/24/2016 8:07:52 AM, Stegley wrote:
Nothing in The Bible was written for Godless people to read.

None of the NT letters were addressed to them in the opening verses. None of the Theology or Commandments are for them to follow because they do not have any Holy Spirit Power. None of the privileged explanations about The Kingdom were written for them to read and think about. None of the blessings or promises of Scripture are for them. None of the beauty of God's Word is for them because they cannot praise God for it. None of Scripture is for children or the illuterate, because those kinds of people cannot even read.

Therefore, Christians are mistaken and foolish to think that Godless people are under any obligation to follow the morality and standards of Scripture. This is just one of the reasons Nonchristians are so continually disgusted with Christians. The Christians foolishly expect Nonchristians to follow the rules of a game they choose not to participate in.

I will take brief note of your inability to learn Truth, here. Pity.

Everyone is godless, no one has any gods. If anyone had a god, they could then show it to us. Can you show us your god if you had one?

Nope. God lives far, far away from our dimension.

LOL. It's funny when you believers make sh1t up as you go along. Your silly stories are only matched by your lack of creativity.

By default, your God is yourself. You give all attention and primary value to the pragmatic care of yourself.

So do you, so does everyone. What's your point?

No-o-ot quite everyone. And, try to remember, you have not met everyone. Lol.
Stegley
Posts: 158
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 7:11:13 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/25/2016 3:35:18 AM, matt8800 wrote:
At 2/24/2016 8:07:52 AM, Stegley wrote:
Nothing in The Bible was written for Godless people to read.

None of the NT letters were addressed to them in the opening verses. None of the Theology or Commandments are for them to follow because they do not have any Holy Spirit Power. None of the privileged explanations about The Kingdom were written for them to read and think about. None of the blessings or promises of Scripture are for them. None of the beauty of God's Word is for them because they cannot praise God for it. None of Scripture is for children or the illuterate, because those kinds of people cannot even read.

Therefore, Christians are mistaken and foolish to think that Godless people are under any obligation to follow the morality and standards of Scripture. This is just one of the reasons Nonchristians are so continually disgusted with Christians. The Christians foolishly expect Nonchristians to follow the rules of a game they choose not to participate in.

I will take brief note of your inability to learn Truth, here. Pity.

I think its because you know what the bible looks like to people that live in reality and reason.

Yes, I agree you do think that. Lol.
Stegley
Posts: 158
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 7:14:20 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/25/2016 3:44:38 AM, Double_R wrote:
Curious. I don't believe in God and am therefore "Godless" in your view I assume. So please explain... How do I go about learning the truth of Gods word? On what grounds do I now change my mind and accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savior without the bible?

Ask God to definitively act in you and on you. But, you have to be desperate for Him to do so. He does not care about casual inquiries, and convenient little notions of agreement as a mere "choice."

Lol.
bulproof
Posts: 25,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 7:16:56 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/25/2016 7:07:26 AM, Stegley wrote:

.....................................Try real hard, once again, to note He was referring to The Gospel, and not the Torah................................................... And, again, the NT did not exist then.
This guy is so stupidly funny.
annanicole
Posts: 19,791
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 7:27:23 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/25/2016 7:14:20 AM, Stegley wrote:
At 2/25/2016 3:44:38 AM, Double_R wrote:
Curious. I don't believe in God and am therefore "Godless" in your view I assume. So please explain... How do I go about learning the truth of Gods word? On what grounds do I now change my mind and accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savior without the bible?

Ask God to definitively act in you and on you. But, you have to be desperate for Him to do so. He does not care about casual inquiries, and convenient little notions of agreement as a mere "choice."

Lol.

You're receiving the First Annual MadCornishBiker TON Award for "Typing Obvious Nonsense."
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
desmac
Posts: 5,078
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 7:37:10 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 8:07:52 AM, Stegley wrote:
Nothing in The Bible was written for Godless people to read.

None of the NT letters were addressed to them in the opening verses. None of the Theology or Commandments are for them to follow because they do not have any Holy Spirit Power. None of the privileged explanations about The Kingdom were written for them to read and think about. None of the blessings or promises of Scripture are for them. None of the beauty of God's Word is for them because they cannot praise God for it. None of Scripture is for children or the illuterate, because those kinds of people cannot even read.

Therefore, Christians are mistaken and foolish to think that Godless people are under any obligation to follow the morality and standards of Scripture. This is just one of the reasons Nonchristians are so continually disgusted with Christians. The Christians foolishly expect Nonchristians to follow the rules of a game they choose not to participate in.

I will take brief note of your inability to learn Truth, here. Pity.

Are you trying to ban us from reading one of the greatest comedic spoofs of all time?
AWSM0055
Posts: 751
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 7:45:18 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/25/2016 7:07:26 AM, Stegley wrote:
At 2/25/2016 2:16:16 AM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 2/25/2016 12:57:52 AM, Stegley wrote:
At 2/24/2016 1:00:01 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 2/24/2016 8:07:52 AM, Stegley wrote:
Nothing in The Bible was written for Godless people to read.

Really? Funny the bible says the EXACT f*cking opposite.

None of the NT letters were addressed to them in the opening verses. None of the Theology or Commandments are for them to follow because they do not have any Holy Spirit Power. None of the privileged explanations about The Kingdom were written for them to read and think about. None of the blessings or promises of Scripture are for them. None of the beauty of God's Word is for them because they cannot praise God for it. None of Scripture is for children or the illuterate, because those kinds of people cannot even read.

Therefore, Christians are mistaken and foolish to think that Godless people are under any obligation to follow the morality and standards of Scripture. This is just one of the reasons Nonchristians are so continually disgusted with Christians. The Christians foolishly expect Nonchristians to follow the rules of a game they choose not to participate in.

I will take brief note of your inability to learn Truth, here. Pity.

I notice you cannot cite where The Bible states it was written for Godress people. How is that macho imagination of yours coming along ... ? Soooo much feeling!

Lol

Your ignorance is hilarious. Did not Paul preach to Gentiles? Did Jesus mean "only those with Holy Spirit" when he said to "preach to all creation"? Mark 15:16? I can sense Jesus face palming as we type.

Thanks for your questions, whereby I can see your need. Yes, Paul did preach to the unbelieving Godless, on Mars Hill. However, do your very best to note there is no evidence he advised them to read the Hebrew Scriptures. And, hopefully you will already marvelously know that the NT did not exist at that time.

True, but is that relevant? What was written down was basically the same as what they said before it was written down. And there is no evidence either that the godless shouldn't read it either. So if Jesus told his disciples to preach, and they wrote down what they preached in the NT, what is wrong with reading the NT? Answer: nothing!

Are you still here? Excellent choice. Jesus indeed instruct His Apostles to go to all nations and "Preach," "Teach," and "Baptize." Try real hard, once again, to note He was referring to The Gospel, and not the Torah. He did not commission The Apostles to tell Godless people to read The Bible. And, again, the NT did not exist then.

I know that but the NT describes and tells of exactly the same things they preached and teched back then. It's exactly the same, only written down. What's the issue here?

It is good for you to honestly and openly come to me for help on these basic issues. Remember, human imagination does not interpret Scripture. It only interrupts Scripture. Lol.

Much human imagination is needed. Half the bloody bible is metaphorical and figurative, and there is a huge portion of which you need to do intense study to realise that it's twisted around BS, sprinkled with contradictions.

Just to give an example, John 1:1 says that Jesus was the word and the word was God, right? Basically Jesus was God.

The Torah says that Yahweh is the only true God, right? I don't even think I need to cite a scripture, it's that obvious.

If Jesus was God, and so was Yahweh, is that not two Gods?

Some say they are the same person. How can this be when Jesus even prayed to Yahweh in the garden of Gethsemane for strength? Why did he implore his disciples to to prey to Yahweh if they are the same God? And if they are different Gods, does that mean Yahweh is a lier?

This is just one of the many examples of contradictory BS in the bible.

But then your going to correct me with some semantic argument and/or reinterpret scipture again. More human imagination and interpretation! Yay!
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
RuvDraba
Posts: 6,033
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 10:03:58 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/24/2016 8:07:52 AM, Stegley wrote:
Nothing in The Bible was written for Godless people to read.

I agree, Steg. The books of the Bible were written for people raised in a range of traditions, but raised in those traditions, and not unraised in them.

However, it's also true that nothing in the Bible was written for modern Christians to read.

No Biblical author knew the society or intellectual environment a modern Christian would live in; a modern Christian's moral challenges, but also the modern moral foundations laid by empiricism; industrialisation, science, medicine, education, literacy, a modern secular democracy and an effective rule of law.

Modern Christians have abandoned most ancient Biblical thought, and most of the traditions that underpinned it, and the social and intellectual contexts have changed around them regardless. Modern Christians adhere to a religion that pretends ancient authors upheld their traditions and values, but seldom bother to check whether that is actually true.
Iredia
Posts: 1,608
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 5:05:28 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/25/2016 10:03:58 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
I agree, Steg. The books of the Bible were written for people raised in a range of traditions, but raised in those traditions, and not unraised in them.

However, it's also true that nothing in the Bible was written for modern Christians to read.

No Biblical author knew the society or intellectual environment a modern Christian would live in; a modern Christian's moral challenges, but also the modern moral foundations laid by empiricism; industrialisation, science, medicine, education, literacy, a modern secular democracy and an effective rule of law.

Modern Christians have abandoned most ancient Biblical thought, and most of the traditions that underpinned it, and the social and intellectual contexts have changed around them regardless. Modern Christians adhere to a religion that pretends ancient authors upheld their traditions and values, but seldom bother to check whether that is actually true.

You speak as if Biblical writers didn't grapple with matters relating to science, statesmanship, warfare, education, philosophy etc which the Bible encompasses. You need a reminder that the Bible is an anthology of works that touches on such issues. It is no fluke. Read it with an intent to learn and you'll gain from it. Read it with an intent to criticize and well, you'll gain nothing.
Porn babes be distracting me. Dudes be stealing me stuff. I'm all about the cash from now. I'm not playing Jesus anymore.
bulproof
Posts: 25,298
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/25/2016 5:14:26 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/25/2016 5:05:28 PM, Iredia wrote:
At 2/25/2016 10:03:58 AM, RuvDraba wrote:
I agree, Steg. The books of the Bible were written for people raised in a range of traditions, but raised in those traditions, and not unraised in them.

However, it's also true that nothing in the Bible was written for modern Christians to read.

No Biblical author knew the society or intellectual environment a modern Christian would live in; a modern Christian's moral challenges, but also the modern moral foundations laid by empiricism; industrialisation, science, medicine, education, literacy, a modern secular democracy and an effective rule of law.

Modern Christians have abandoned most ancient Biblical thought, and most of the traditions that underpinned it, and the social and intellectual contexts have changed around them regardless. Modern Christians adhere to a religion that pretends ancient authors upheld their traditions and values, but seldom bother to check whether that is actually true.

You speak as if Biblical writers didn't grapple with matters relating to science, statesmanship, warfare, education, philosophy etc which the Bible encompasses. You need a reminder that the Bible is an anthology of works that touches on such issues. It is no fluke. Read it with an intent to learn and you'll gain from it. Read it with an intent to criticize and well, you'll gain nothing.
And just look at the ultimate tribal chieftain (YHWH) they stole from the Canaanites when they were still Canaanites themselves.
He possesses all of the attributes of a tribal chieftain^n.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 1:46:43 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/25/2016 7:14:20 AM, Stegley wrote:
At 2/25/2016 3:44:38 AM, Double_R wrote:
Curious. I don't believe in God and am therefore "Godless" in your view I assume. So please explain... How do I go about learning the truth of Gods word? On what grounds do I now change my mind and accept Jesus Christ as my lord and savior without the bible?

Ask God to definitively act in you and on you. But, you have to be desperate for Him to do so. He does not care about casual inquiries, and convenient little notions of agreement as a mere "choice."

So to be clear, in order to find evidence to convince me of Gods existence, I have to start by believing in Gods existence. Is that correct?