Jump to topic:

Religion Defined

TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 4:13:52 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Anything that suppresses curiosity, stops you from thinking, asks you to believe itself Is Religion. Anything that stops you from critical thinking and gives you loaded information that is hard to digest is Religion. Anything that creates confusion instead of clearing it is Religion. Anything you are forced to believe is Religion.

This is the True definition of religion.

Atheism is a religion.

Diesm is a religion.

Agnosticism is a religion.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 7:09:31 AM
At 2/26/2016 4:13:52 AM, TREssspa wrote:
Anything that suppresses curiosity, stops you from thinking, asks you to believe itself Is Religion. Anything that stops you from critical thinking and gives you loaded information that is hard to digest is Religion. Anything that creates confusion instead of clearing it is Religion. Anything you are forced to believe is Religion.

Atheism is a religion.

Diesm is a religion.

Universal Dictionary; RELIGION" Any personal or institutionalised system of beliefs or practices embodying this belief of reverence: Hindu is a religion.

Universal dictionary; RELIGION; "Any objective pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

Atheism is a religion

Stamp collecting is a religion

Any collector can make a religion of his hobby
The tongue, the sharp two edged sword that divides the spirit from the soul.
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 7:13:30 AM
At 2/26/2016 7:09:31 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Atheism is a religion.

Diesm is a religion.

Universal Dictionary; RELIGION" Any personal or institutionalised system of beliefs or practices embodying this belief of reverence: Hindu is a religion.

Universal dictionary; RELIGION; "Any objective pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

Atheism is a religion

sorry, I could not get your point.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 7:33:48 AM
At 2/26/2016 7:13:30 AM, TREssspa wrote:

Atheism is a religion.

Diesm is a religion.

Atheism is a religion

Having listened to your own personal and ridiculous definition of religion, "Anything that suppresses curiosity, stops you from thinking, asks you to believe itself Is Religion. Anything that stops you from critical thinking and gives you loaded information that is hard to digest is Religion. Anything that creates confusion instead of clearing it is Religion. Anything you are forced to believe is Religion."

I thought that you might like to hear the universal definition of religion, instead of the rot that you spewed out.
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 7:50:35 AM
At 2/26/2016 7:33:48 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Atheism is a religion.

Diesm is a religion.

Atheism is a religion

Having listened to your own personal and ridiculous definition of religion, "Anything that suppresses curiosity, stops you from thinking, asks you to believe itself Is Religion. Anything that stops you from critical thinking and gives you loaded information that is hard to digest is Religion. Anything that creates confusion instead of clearing it is Religion. Anything you are forced to believe is Religion."

I thought that you might like to hear the universal definition of religion, instead of the rot that you spewed out.

I don't care. And Hinduism is Not a religion according to 'universal definition of religion'.
Stronn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 7:54:04 AM

Atheism is a religion.

Diesm is a religion.

You are welcome to define words however you wish, but be aware that when others use those words, they typically intend one of the standard dictionary definitions of the word. They will not understand your intended meaning, unless you repeat your definition every time you use the word. This will no doubt make communication difficult.

Here are two definitions of religion as it is most commonly meant.

1. The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

2. A set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
someloser
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 7:55:33 AM
Tl;dr, effectively meaningless definition of religion.
Ego sum qui sum. Deus lo vult.

"America is ungovernable; those who served the revolution have plowed the sea." - Simon Bolivar

"A healthy nation is as unconscious of its nationality as a healthy man of his bones. But if you break a nation's nationality it will think of nothing else but getting it set again." - George Bernard Shaw
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 10:27:57 AM
At 2/26/2016 7:50:35 AM, TREssspa wrote:

Atheism is a religion.

Diesm is a religion.

Atheism is a religion

I don't care. And Hinduism is Not a religion according to 'universal definition of religion'.

Then you prove yourself to be a total ignoramus concerning the definition of religion.

From the "Universal Dictionary;" "HINDUISM;" A diverse body of religion, philosophy and cultural practices, native to and predominant in India.

The Universal English Dictionary, edited by Henry Cecil Wyld: "Hinduism:" Religion of the Hindus.

The World Book Dictionary. "HINDUISM:" "The religious and social system of the Hindus---a development of ancient Brahmanism.---The cast system and the worship of many gods are part of Hinduism.

Get yourself some education, before opening your mouth again young fellow.
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 10:48:32 AM
At 2/26/2016 10:27:57 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Atheism is a religion.

Diesm is a religion.

Atheism is a religion

Then you prove yourself to be a total ignoramus concerning the definition of religion.

From the "Universal Dictionary;" "HINDUISM;" A diverse body of religion, philosophy and cultural practices, native to and predominant in India.

The Universal English Dictionary, edited by Henry Cecil Wyld: "Hinduism:" Religion of the Hindus.

The World Book Dictionary. "HINDUISM:" "The religious and social system of the Hindus---a development of ancient Brahmanism.---The cast system and the worship of many gods are part of Hinduism.

Henry Cecil Wyld was Not a hindu. I will Never quote a white man to prove my point. It's Not worth it.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 10:55:11 AM
At 2/26/2016 10:48:32 AM, TREssspa wrote:

Atheism is a religion.

Diesm is a religion.

Atheism is a religion

Henry Cecil Wyld was Not a hindu. I will Never quote a white man to prove my point. It's Not worth it.

If you are a member of the Hindu religion, then please name the 33 million gods and demi-gods that you worship?
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 1:32:30 PM
At 2/26/2016 10:55:11 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Atheism is a religion.

Diesm is a religion.

Atheism is a religion

If you are a member of the Hindu religion,

Hinduism is Not a religion.

then please name the 33 million gods and demi-gods that you worship?

HINDUISM HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH 33 MILLION 'GODS AND DEMIGODS'!

there are 33 kotis of devas.

Do not spread wrong information about dharma.

You read BULLSH!T ON INTERNET AND TELL ME ABOUT HINDUISM?

You are an old man, what were you doing in your life, if you don't even know basics?

What are you doing on Religion forum?

White men did ENORMOUS damage to dharma.

Step out of fairy world! Do you work in Disneyland?

White Man Had Not Even A Single Invention In their name till they invaded india.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 1:49:11 PM

You were doing well up until here. Then you just went stupid.
Atheism is a religion.

Diesm is a religion.

Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 4:10:42 PM
It's a pity we don't have a more researched thread written more respectfully, asking what a religion is; what makes one set of traditions or beliefs a religion and another a philosophy or a set of cultural myths.

Sadly, this thread is not that.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 4:15:21 PM
At 2/26/2016 1:32:30 PM, TREssspa wrote:

Atheism is a religion.

Diesm is a religion.

Atheism is a religion

You are an old man, what were you doing in your life, if you don't even know basics?

White Man Had Not Even A Single Invention In their name till they invaded india.
Europeans were running around wrapped in animal skins plundering and looting their neighbours when the Indians were wearing manufactured textiles.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 4:22:18 PM
At 2/26/2016 4:15:21 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 2/26/2016 1:32:30 PM, TREssspa wrote:

Atheism is a religion.

Diesm is a religion.

Atheism is a religion

Europeans were running around wrapped in animal skins plundering and looting their neighbours when the Indians were wearing manufactured textiles.
The work of Geronimo snr.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
AWSM0055
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 4:24:24 PM
At 2/26/2016 4:10:42 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
It's a pity we don't have a more researched thread written more respectfully, asking what a religion is; what makes one set of traditions or beliefs a religion and another a philosophy or a set of cultural myths.

I did right f*ckin here: http://www.debate.org...
"Evolution proves necessity is the mother of invention" - David Henson

"Calling my atheism a religion, is like calling my non-stamp-collecting a hobby" - MagicAintReal 2016

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Matt8800: "When warring men kidnap damsels of the enemy, what do they do?"

Jerry947: "They give them the option of marriage."

Matt8800: "Correct! You won idiot of the year award!"

http://explosm.net...
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 4:33:25 PM
At 2/26/2016 4:24:24 PM, AWSM0055 wrote:
At 2/26/2016 4:10:42 PM, RuvDraba wrote:

I did right f*ckin here: http://www.debate.org...

I too cannot believe you posted all that while drunk, AWSM. You even researched your premise, and managed to copy/paste the right bits, and not get into some tangent about marmalade cats.

AWSM!

It's still harder to believe that the OP for this thread, who appears to have been sober, missed so many salient points.