Jump to topic:

Christians don't answer ??? Truthfully.

Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 4:20:40 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Christians are great at putting down us Atheists. But when asked certain questions they get scared . It could be because the other Christians might not think that , or maybe god might not want me to think this way , and I might not go to heaven. Or this might discriminate me. Simple questions, like
Are the other religions gods real?
What don't you believe in?
Are all the other religions false?
Are you the only ones who go to heaven?
Just a few,

What other questions might scare the Christians. ?
rnjs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 4:55:59 PM
At 2/27/2016 4:20:40 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
Christians are great at putting down us Atheists. But when asked certain questions they get scared . It could be because the other Christians might not think that , or maybe god might not want me to think this way , and I might not go to heaven. Or this might discriminate me. Simple questions, like

They are real enough to those who believe in them i guess, but no, there is only one God.

Atheism

There really is other religions, they are mostly false

The only ones who go to heaven are those who truly believe in salvation only through Jesus Christ,
Just a few,

None of those questions, or any others that i know of, scare me and i can't imagine them scaring others but i cannot speak for others.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 4:58:57 PM
You would need to present a question that leads Christians to a logical conclusion that their beliefs are unjustified. However logic is only as good as the premises that it is based on. When your premise is "God exists", no question can accomplish that.

In other words, you cannot reason a person out of a position they did not reason them-self into.
Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 5:11:21 PM
The best way to refute Christianity is to show that hell, as a place of eternal torment, is incompatible with the existence of an omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent God. Since Jesus talked about "the fiery flames of hell", and all one needs to do in order to be considered Christian is to believe that Jesus is God, then if hell can be shown to pose a logical contradiction with God's nature Christianity is falsified.

http://www.jeremyandchristine.com...
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 5:20:04 PM
At 2/27/2016 4:55:59 PM, rnjs wrote:

They are real enough to those who believe in them i guess, but no, there is only one God.

Atheism

There really is other religions, they are mostly false

The only ones who go to heaven are those who truly believe in salvation only through Jesus Christ,
Just a few,

None of those questions, or any others that i know of, scare me and i can't imagine them scaring others but i cannot speak for others.

Ty mjs
rnjs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 6:43:43 PM
At 2/27/2016 5:11:21 PM, Benshapiro wrote:
The best way to refute Christianity is to show that hell, as a place of eternal torment, is incompatible with the existence of an omnipotent, omniscient, and omnibenevolent God. Since Jesus talked about "the fiery flames of hell", and all one needs to do in order to be considered Christian is to believe that Jesus is God, then if hell can be shown to pose a logical contradiction with God's nature Christianity is falsified.

As usual most people omit the fact that God is also a God of justice....,what is the motivation to follow Christ, if the worst consequence is we cease to exist.
Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 6:51:04 PM
At 2/27/2016 6:43:43 PM, rnjs wrote:

As usual most people omit the fact that God is also a God of justice....,what is the motivation to follow Christ, if the worst consequence is we cease to exist.

What's "just" about infinite torture for a finite crime? There's no retributive purpose unlike our current notion of justice.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:00:48 AM

The fear of hell is great for keeping people in line isn't it ?
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
rnjs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:04:15 AM
At 2/27/2016 6:51:04 PM, Benshapiro wrote:

What's "just" about infinite torture for a finite crime? There's no retributive purpose unlike our current notion of justice.

If eternal punishment is too harsh for rejecting the infinite God then, to be consistent, eternal reward is too good for accepting the infinite God.
rnjs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:54:22 AM
At 2/28/2016 1:00:48 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Doesn't appear to be affecting the majority
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:56:37 AM
At 2/28/2016 1:54:22 AM, rnjs wrote:

Well it use too............
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:56:55 AM
At 2/28/2016 1:04:15 AM, rnjs wrote:
At 2/27/2016 6:51:04 PM, Benshapiro wrote:

If eternal punishment is too harsh for rejecting the infinite God then, to be consistent, eternal reward is too good for accepting the infinite God.
Truer words etc.
Now think about that.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 2:58:23 AM

Yes. But they are not the creator. They are false gods, demons, idols, or anything else you might could imagine. Satan is real and a "god", more specifically, the "god of this world" according to the Bible, subtle, crafty, a liar, and a murderer. He will try and convince one that God does not exist. This is his first deception. Another deception is to get you to worship yourself, an idea, a person, a thing, money, etc. A third deception is to get you to worship him as God.

-What don't you believe in?

Anything is possible with God.

-Are all the other religions false?

2/3 of the world are of Abrahamic faiths and growing. Buddhism mentions no god. Judaism coordinates with Christianity in a positive way. Christianity is the fulfillment of Judaism. Islam is the fulfillment of Christianity, as depicted in Revelation of the beast and false prophet in a negative way. The Islamic Kaaba cube is an ancient Shiv temple of Hinduism. Hinduism and ancient Babylonian gods are the same pantheon of religious demonology by different names with the same qualities that angered God in the Old Testament. There are no other major religions.

-Are you the only ones who go to heaven?

Only God can decide. The Bible says no one comes to God but through Christ. Now one would have to define those words.
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
matt8800
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 3:15:15 AM

Why would you say that? 82% of the worlds population as faith in a religion.

http://www.washingtontimes.com...
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 4:09:39 AM

Some. Some are Demons in disguise, Some are men of renown, Some are personifications of natural forces, ect.. So yes I would say they are from some real source.

Many things. The intellectual superiority of Atheist for one.

I don't think there is a single religion in the world that is 100% correct.

Not necessarily. I hope to see many people from all cultures repopulate and rebuild Eden.

Just a few,

none. The lies and sophistry of an Atheist don't frighten anyone.
rnjs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 3:33:45 PM
At 2/28/2016 3:15:15 AM, matt8800 wrote:

These day many religions, including Christians don't believe in hell or only believe in a watered down version of it.One of satans biggest accomplishments is convincing people he doesn't exist and that hell doesn't exist or that hell is a party place.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 4:13:32 PM
At 3/1/2016 3:33:45 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 2/28/2016 3:15:15 AM, matt8800 wrote:

These day many religions, including Christians don't believe in hell or only believe in a watered down version of it.One of satans biggest accomplishments is convincing people he doesn't exist and that hell doesn't exist or that hell is a party place.

That satan he is just a so special myth ain't he?
God created him and set him loose on humans to f*ck up his plan and now he's so pissed he's gonna destroy everything just like he did before.
God can't even destroy a cockroach much less a satan.
VirBinarus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 5:03:44 PM
Let me answer your questions using the Bible:

Isaiah 45:5 - "I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God."

Colossians 2:8 - "See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces[a] of this world rather than on Christ."

Mark 16:15-16 - "And he said to them, "Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.""

2 Thessalonians 1:9 - "They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might,"
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
Stronn
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 8:01:05 PM
Just a few,

Following Christian doctrine to its logical ends leads to some uncomfortable conclusions. Some people are able to reconcile it better than others. For instance, it can't be pleasant to consider that many of your neighbors, friends and family members will spend an eternity in hell. Or that a serial killer who repents will go to heaven while an otherwise decent nonbeliever will suffer damnation.

In 2007, a few churches in Sydney, Australia put up billboards saying "Jesus loves Osama". Among those who took offense were many Christians. Yet they could not argue that it was untrue. They could only say that it was in bad taste to point it out.
VirBinarus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 8:18:27 PM
At 3/1/2016 8:14:29 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 2/27/2016 4:58:57 PM, Double_R wrote:
you cannot reason a person out of a position they did not reason them-self into.

+1
+ another 1

Psalm 121
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
RuvDraba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 8:30:18 PM
At 3/1/2016 8:18:27 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
At 3/1/2016 8:14:29 PM, RuvDraba wrote:
At 2/27/2016 4:58:57 PM, Double_R wrote:
you cannot reason a person out of a position they did not reason them-self into.
+1
+ another 1
Psalm 121

I've been enjoying your posts, VB. I like the way you state your faith without pomposity, the way you're not afraid to ask questions that explore other viewpoints, and the way you're happy to agree or disagree with people based on your thoughts, rather than based on common sociological identity. Whatever our differences in belief, I believe I could easily come to like you. :)
Elihu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 8:35:08 PM
Just a few,

Are Christians scared of these? Or is it that they are tired of answering the same canned questions?
God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and truth.
(John 4:24)
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 7:40:26 AM
At 3/1/2016 8:35:08 PM, Elihu wrote:
Just a few,

Are Christians scared of these? Or is it that they are tired of answering the same canned questions?
With millions of contradictory answers. I get it.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 10:39:54 AM

Christians are great at putting down us Atheists. But when asked certain questions they get scared . It could be because the other Christians might not think that , or maybe god might not want me to think this way , and I might not go to heaven.

Each time you make this silly claim, Christians reply answering all the questions you say they are afraid to answer. But in your very next thread, you will again make the silly claim. Does reality matter to you?

Or this might discriminate me. Simple questions, like

What do you mean? Real as in exists as a thing or are actual gods? If you want answers, ask sensible questions. There is no God but Jehovah. Period.

Why would any Christian be afraid to answer this question? And as you can see from the posts here, they aren't. I don't believe in illogical man made beliefs. Atheism for example.

You probably have a problem with this question because you talk to too many liberal PC "christians" who value friendship with the world above acceptance to God. Yes. Any religion which contradicts Christianity is wholly false.

I can only answer what I know. God knows who will and will not go to Heaven, but He has already told us that all of those who go, get in through Jesus Christ. Makes sense as Heaven is His home, He decides.

Just a few,

The word "other" in your question above is either deceptive or dishonest. Your repeated posts about Christians being "afraid" even though they answer your qustions have the stink of dishonesty about them, I go with the latter.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 10:44:35 AM
At 3/7/2016 10:39:54 AM, ethang5 wrote:

Christians are great at putting down us Atheists. But when asked certain questions they get scared . It could be because the other Christians might not think that , or maybe god might not want me to think this way , and I might not go to heaven.

Each time you make this silly claim, Christians reply answering all the questions you say they are afraid to answer. But in your very next thread, you will again make the silly claim. Does reality matter to you?

What do you mean? Real as in exists as a thing or are actual gods? If you want answers, ask sensible questions. There is no God but Jehovah. Period.

Why would any Christian be afraid to answer this question? And as you can see from the posts here, they aren't. I don't believe in illogical man made beliefs. Atheism for example.

You probably have a problem with this question because you talk to too many liberal PC "christians" who value friendship with the world above acceptance to God. Yes. Any religion which contradicts Christianity is wholly false.

I can only answer what I know. God knows who will and will not go to Heaven, but He has already told us that all of those who go, get in through Jesus Christ. Makes sense as Heaven is His home, He decides.

Just a few,

The word "other" in your question above is either deceptive or dishonest. Your repeated posts about Christians being "afraid" even though they answer your qustions have the stink of dishonesty about them, I go with the latter.

Noted
I am extremely sorry about this , and it will not occur again.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 11:28:11 AM
At 3/7/2016 10:44:35 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
At 3/7/2016 10:39:54 AM, ethang5 wrote:

Just a few,

Noted
I am extremely sorry about this , and it will not occur again.

I highly doubt that. But because I am a gentleman, I will accept your apology and pretend that it is genuine.

Now you don't have to defend your behavior from the charges in this post. Relieved?
DavidHenson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 11:50:50 AM

Buddha never mentioned God. Confucius, Lau Tzu and Chuang Tzu didn't expound upon God. The Shinto Gods are more likely translated spirits. MuM17;ammad and Joseph Smith only borrowed from the God of the Bible.

So, your question is really are Ganesa, Krishna, Rama, Siva, Durga real? If you mean by real as significant to their worshipers as Jehovah is to his the answer would be, yes, in a different way.

Pagan mythology adopted by Christianity. The immortal soul. Hell. Christmas. Easter. The Trinity. That Jesus died on a cross. And The Rapture.

Jehovah created the nation of Israel, to make people aware of Adam's sin, and so as a nation of laws they couldn't uphold. The point wasn't that they uphold the laws as much as it was that they realize they couldn't and for this reason He also created them to provide a Messiah. One who could demonstrate that a more perfect law could be upheld if they wanted it. They didn't. So he extended it to the gentiles. Paul said: "For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled; 4"and they will turn their ears away from the truth, whereas they will be turned aside to false stories. (Greek mythos, Latin fabulas)" (2 Timothy 4:3, 4) Myth. Legend.

So isn't it accurate to say Judaism and Christianity are false? No organized religion stays true even unto itself.

I've personally checked Buddhism, Christianity, Confusionism, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Shinto and Taoism and found them to be false.

I wouldn't want to go to heaven. Why would I? God created heaven for the angels and himself, and Earth for mankind. I'm an Earthling Man.
"Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty." - Frank Herbert, Chapterhouse: Dune
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2016 12:23:54 PM
At 3/7/2016 11:50:50 AM, DavidHenson wrote:

Buddha never mentioned God. Confucius, Lau Tzu and Chuang Tzu didn't expound upon God. The Shinto Gods are more likely translated spirits. MuM17;ammad and Joseph Smith only borrowed from the God of the Bible.

So, your question is really are Ganesa, Krishna, Rama, Siva, Durga real? If you mean by real as significant to their worshipers as Jehovah is to his the answer would be, yes, in a different way.

Pagan mythology adopted by Christianity. The immortal soul. Hell. Christmas. Easter. The Trinity. That Jesus died on a cross. And The Rapture.

Jehovah created the nation of Israel, to make people aware of Adam's sin, and so as a nation of laws they couldn't uphold. The point wasn't that they uphold the laws as much as it was that they realize they couldn't and for this reason He also created them to provide a Messiah. One who could demonstrate that a more perfect law could be upheld if they wanted it. They didn't. So he extended it to the gentiles. Paul said: "For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled; 4"and they will turn their ears away from the truth, whereas they will be turned aside to false stories. (Greek mythos, Latin fabulas)" (2 Timothy 4:3, 4) Myth. Legend.

So isn't it accurate to say Judaism and Christianity are false? No organized religion stays true even unto itself.

I've personally checked Buddhism, Christianity, Confusionism, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Shinto and Taoism and found them to be false.

I wouldn't want to go to heaven. Why would I? God created heaven for the angels and himself, and Earth for mankind. I'm an Earthling Man.

I collect stamps