Total Posts:80|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Genesis Ark Experiment

matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 7:09:10 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Put an orangutan, a goat, a feral cat, a wolf, a koala bear and a rabbit in cages. Put all cages in a bus. When you are done, throw some bees in there. Load up the bus with all the food and water you can. Park the bus somewhere where there is no external food or water for one year. After one year, you can exit bus but there is no vegetation or animal life other than the animals you brought. The only water around is salt water with the exception of accumulated rainwater. See how long you and the animals last.

According to Genesis, Noah and the animals were on the ark for one year.

Not only would all the animals not on the ark die, all vegetation would have died from being submerged for over a month. Submerge seeds in water for a month and see how well they germinate as almost all species of seeds would be completely rotted.

If you say the bible should not be taken literally, you are conceding that the bible contains errors. If it contains errors, it is not perfect and therefore cannot be written by a perfect god.

If a perfect God wrote a book, that book would be perfect.

By the way, the koalas only eat Eucalyptus leaves and you have to figure out how to get them to Australia on foot.
VirBinarus
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 8:11:14 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
Put an orangutan, a goat, a feral cat, a wolf, a koala bear and a rabbit in cages.
Who said they were caged?

Put all cages in a bus.
It was an absolutely massive boat, not a bus....
https://cdn-assets.answersingenesis.org...

When you are done, throw some bees in there.
From the story of Daniel in the Lion's den, we know that it is well inside God's capacity to tame bees.

Load up the bus with all the food and water you can. Park the bus somewhere where there is no external food or water for one year.
There would have been room to store food, and Noah was instructed to bring extra of the edible animals. And also, God was there.

After one year, you can exit bus but there is no vegetation or animal life other than the animals you brought.
The maximum amount of time the plants would be submerged would be just over 9 months. And there are many types of seed that could survive being submerged for that long, and also in some cases it would help the germination.

The only water around is salt water with the exception of accumulated rainwater. See how long you and the animals last.
1. Covering the whole world in water is bound to reduce the concentration of salt
2. They had 40 days of rainwater to collect
3. Again, they had God.

According to Genesis, Noah and the animals were on the ark for one year.

Not only would all the animals not on the ark die, all vegetation would have died from being submerged for over a month. Submerge seeds in water for a month and see how well they germinate as almost all species of seeds would be completely rotted.
Some seeds could well have survived.

If you say the bible should not be taken literally, you are conceding that the bible contains errors. If it contains errors, it is not perfect and therefore cannot be written by a perfect god.

If a perfect God wrote a book, that book would be perfect.
I agree. The Bible should be read as it was meant to be read, so while 5000 may not mean exactly 5000, it was probably close.

By the way, the koalas only eat Eucalyptus leaves and you have to figure out how to get them to Australia on foot.
something similar to this:
https://upload.wikimedia.org...
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
bulproof
Posts: 25,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 10:25:39 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/28/2016 8:11:14 AM, VirBinarus wrote:
Put an orangutan, a goat, a feral cat, a wolf, a koala bear and a rabbit in cages.
Who said they were caged?

Put all cages in a bus.
It was an absolutely massive boat, not a bus....
https://cdn-assets.answersingenesis.org...

When you are done, throw some bees in there.
From the story of Daniel in the Lion's den, we know that it is well inside God's capacity to tame bees.

Load up the bus with all the food and water you can. Park the bus somewhere where there is no external food or water for one year.
There would have been room to store food, and Noah was instructed to bring extra of the edible animals. And also, God was there.

After one year, you can exit bus but there is no vegetation or animal life other than the animals you brought.
The maximum amount of time the plants would be submerged would be just over 9 months. And there are many types of seed that could survive being submerged for that long, and also in some cases it would help the germination.

The only water around is salt water with the exception of accumulated rainwater. See how long you and the animals last.
1. Covering the whole world in water is bound to reduce the concentration of salt
2. They had 40 days of rainwater to collect
3. Again, they had God.

According to Genesis, Noah and the animals were on the ark for one year.

Not only would all the animals not on the ark die, all vegetation would have died from being submerged for over a month. Submerge seeds in water for a month and see how well they germinate as almost all species of seeds would be completely rotted.
Some seeds could well have survived.

If you say the bible should not be taken literally, you are conceding that the bible contains errors. If it contains errors, it is not perfect and therefore cannot be written by a perfect god.

If a perfect God wrote a book, that book would be perfect.
I agree. The Bible should be read as it was meant to be read, so while 5000 may not mean exactly 5000, it was probably close.


By the way, the koalas only eat Eucalyptus leaves and you have to figure out how to get them to Australia on foot.
something similar to this:
https://upload.wikimedia.org...

Don't ya just love it when the kiddies regurgitate their indoctrination? I do.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 10:41:36 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
I like Vir bins 1st post he holds back for 4 days , then powwwww . Explains step by step with great logic . You can in fact fit them all on the ark , pure gold that is.. keep a eye on him.
Stronn
Posts: 318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 11:57:42 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/28/2016 8:11:14 AM, VirBinarus wrote:

By the way, the koalas only eat Eucalyptus leaves and you have to figure out how to get them to Australia on foot.
something similar to this:
https://upload.wikimedia.org...

That link is a map showing how homo sapiens spread from east Africa starting 200,000 years ago. What an bizarre way to show how Koalas got to Australia after Noah's Ark. I guess Noah's Ark landed in east Africa, and Koalas starved for 150,000 years while they made their way to Australia.
Stronn
Posts: 318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 11:58:59 AM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/28/2016 10:41:36 AM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
I like Vir bins 1st post he holds back for 4 days , then powwwww . Explains step by step with great logic . You can in fact fit them all on the ark , pure gold that is.. keep a eye on him.

Most of his "logic" amounted to "God did it".
rnjs
Posts: 380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 12:44:48 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/28/2016 7:09:10 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Put an orangutan, a goat, a feral cat, a wolf, a koala bear and a rabbit in cages. Put all cages in a bus. When you are done, throw some bees in there. Load up the bus with all the food and water you can. Park the bus somewhere where there is no external food or water for one year. After one year, you can exit bus but there is no vegetation or animal life other than the animals you brought. The only water around is salt water with the exception of accumulated rainwater. See how long you and the animals last.

Food and water can be stored fairly easily and insects and seeds could easily survive on floating beds of vegetation.

According to Genesis, Noah and the animals were on the ark for one year.

Not only would all the animals not on the ark die, all vegetation would have died from being submerged for over a month. Submerge seeds in water for a month and see how well they germinate as almost all species of seeds would be completely rotted.

Not all seeds would be submerged and from observation we see how quickly plants can grow once on land again.

If you say the bible should not be taken literally, you are conceding that the bible contains errors. If it contains errors, it is not perfect and therefore cannot be written by a perfect god.

Very few take the whole Bible literally, there is poetry as in psalms, there is history as in Kings etc. Most scholars agree that a straightforward reading of Genesis indicates that it is meant to be taken literally when one considers the context and other factors.

If a perfect God wrote a book, that book would be perfect.

All things considered it is perfect, many of the claims otherwise, though they appear legitimate, have been refuted.

By the way, the koalas only eat Eucalyptus leaves and you have to figure out how to get them to Australia on foot.

They likely got there before continental drift left the world as it is now. Observation of current tectonic activity can happen fairly quickly.
VirBinarus
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 12:46:06 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/28/2016 11:57:42 AM, Stronn wrote:
That link is a map showing how homo sapiens spread from east Africa starting 200,000 years ago. What an bizarre way to show how Koalas got to Australia after Noah's Ark. I guess Noah's Ark landed in east Africa, and Koalas starved for 150,000 years while they made their way to Australia.

This paper, https://www.sciencedaily.com... shows that Koalas at one point (admittedly they only have evidence of this a million years ago, but it could have still been true at the time of the ark) koalas did not live solely on Eucalyptus, suggested by differences in the facial region.

At 2/28/2016 11:58:59 AM, Stronn wrote:
Most of his "logic" amounted to "God did it".

Yes, well God does everything, so I understand how you can see that as like saying "How does Grass grow?", "It's made up of atoms".
But in other parts of the Bible, we have seen God caring for people like that, for example when the Egyptians were wondering round in the desert, God gave them Manna and Quails to eat, and water to drink, so we know that God does do things unexplained by science when he puts people in extreme situations.

Don't ya just love it when the kiddies regurgitate their indoctrination? I do.
Don't ya just love it when the little atheists refuse God's existence just because science hasn't explained some of the stories yet. :p

Just a bit off the side, but something I laughed at several times, when I was doing some research was the number of websites that actually tried to have rational arguments as to how they would have fit Dinosaurs onto the ark!
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
bulproof
Posts: 25,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 12:57:43 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/28/2016 12:44:48 PM, rnjs wrote:

They likely got there before continental drift left the world as it is now.
Yeah 200 million yrs ago. Go you good thing.......................................hahahahahaha
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:00:09 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/28/2016 12:46:06 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
At 2/28/2016 11:57:42 AM, Stronn wrote:
That link is a map showing how homo sapiens spread from east Africa starting 200,000 years ago. What an bizarre way to show how Koalas got to Australia after Noah's Ark. I guess Noah's Ark landed in east Africa, and Koalas starved for 150,000 years while they made their way to Australia.

This paper, https://www.sciencedaily.com... shows that Koalas at one point (admittedly they only have evidence of this a million years ago, but it could have still been true at the time of the ark) koalas did not live solely on Eucalyptus, suggested by differences in the facial region.

At 2/28/2016 11:58:59 AM, Stronn wrote:
Most of his "logic" amounted to "God did it".

Yes, well God does everything, so I understand how you can see that as like saying "How does Grass grow?", "It's made up of atoms".
But in other parts of the Bible, we have seen God caring for people like that, for example when the Egyptians were wondering round in the desert, God gave them Manna and Quails to eat, and water to drink, so we know that God does do things unexplained by science when he puts people in extreme situations.

Don't ya just love it when the kiddies regurgitate their indoctrination? I do.
Don't ya just love it when the little atheists refuse God's existence just because science hasn't explained some of the stories yet. :p

Just a bit off the side, but something I laughed at several times, when I was doing some research was the number of websites that actually tried to have rational arguments as to how they would have fit Dinosaurs onto the ark!

That's it 2nd post. Tell bulproof his a godless prick . Let him have it.
bulproof
Posts: 25,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:07:57 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/28/2016 12:46:06 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
At 2/28/2016 11:57:42 AM, Stronn wrote:
That link is a map showing how homo sapiens spread from east Africa starting 200,000 years ago. What an bizarre way to show how Koalas got to Australia after Noah's Ark. I guess Noah's Ark landed in east Africa, and Koalas starved for 150,000 years while they made their way to Australia.

This paper, https://www.sciencedaily.com... shows that Koalas at one point (admittedly they only have evidence of this a million years ago, but it could have still been true at the time of the ark) koalas did not live solely on Eucalyptus, suggested by differences in the facial region.
hahahahahahaha sorry didn't read it but f*ckin' bullsh*t.
At 2/28/2016 11:58:59 AM, Stronn wrote:
Most of his "logic" amounted to "God did it".

Yes, well God does everything, so I understand how you can see that as like saying "How does Grass grow?", "It's made up of atoms".
The poor thing thinks that his god performed several million miracles rather than performing just one. Now that sounds like the idiot god of the bible, it just doesn't sound like an intelligent god.
But in other parts of the Bible, we have seen God caring for people like that, for example when the Egyptians were wondering round in the desert, God gave them Manna and Quails to eat, and water to drink, so we know that God does do things unexplained by science when he puts people in extreme situations.
Provide just one passage from the bible that demonstrates god's love.
Don't ya just love it when the kiddies regurgitate their indoctrination? I do.
Don't ya just love it when the little atheists refuse God's existence just because science hasn't explained some of the stories yet. :p
Child you have nothing with which to argue, you only have your parent's and preacher's indoctrination. That is meaningless.
Just a bit off the side, but something I laughed at several times, when I was doing some research was the number of websites that actually tried to have rational arguments as to how they would have fit Dinosaurs onto the ark!
Good question little one, but it should be how did the keep dinosaurs OFF the silly boat that wouldn't float.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Deb-8-A-Bull
Posts: 2,181
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:15:40 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/28/2016 12:46:06 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
At 2/28/2016 11:57:42 AM, Stronn wrote:
That link is a map showing how homo sapiens spread from east Africa starting 200,000 years ago. What an bizarre way to show how Koalas got to Australia after Noah's Ark. I guess Noah's Ark landed in east Africa, and Koalas starved for 150,000 years while they made their way to Australia.

This paper, https://www.sciencedaily.com... shows that Koalas at one point (admittedly they only have evidence of this a million years ago, but it could have still been true at the time of the ark) koalas did not live solely on Eucalyptus, suggested by differences in the facial region.

At 2/28/2016 11:58:59 AM, Stronn wrote:
Most of his "logic" amounted to "God did it".

Yes, well God does everything, so I understand how you can see that as like saying "How does Grass grow?", "It's made up of atoms".
But in other parts of the Bible, we have seen God caring for people like that, for example when the Egyptians were wondering round in the desert, God gave them Manna and Quails to eat, and water to drink, so we know that God does do things unexplained by science when he puts people in extreme situations.

Don't ya just love it when the kiddies regurgitate their indoctrination? I do.
Don't ya just love it when the little atheists refuse God's existence just because science hasn't explained some of the stories yet. :p

Just a bit off the side, but something I laughed at several times, when I was doing some research was the number of websites that actually tried to have rational arguments as to how they would have fit Dinosaurs onto the ark!

So you know the game people play here now, I say Gods not real , then you reply with a yes he is , maybe chuck in a john 3 : 6, and at the end of the day . You abuse as many of the opposition you can , and go from their. Unfortunately you picked the wrong team to play with, but that's all good they need the numbers.
bulproof
Posts: 25,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:19:48 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
How did Noah know which animals were declared clean and not clean by Moses hundreds of years later. God didn't tell him.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
VirBinarus
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:32:39 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
Good question little one, but it should be how did the keep dinosaurs OFF the silly boat that wouldn't float.

I was more mocking the fact that they thought Humans and Dinosaurs co-existed.

Provide just one passage from the bible that demonstrates god's love.

It's as if the Bible was written to answer that question...
"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." - Romans 5:8

hahahahahahaha sorry didn't read it but
hahahahahhahahaha He didn't even read it, but because it comes from a 14-year-old, it must be so much of a complete load of rubbish that he can go ahead and swear at it!

Child you have nothing with which to argue, you only have your parent's and preacher's indoctrination. That is meaningless.
Sorry, do you not listen to your teachers at school when they tell you that Gravity is real? The vast majority of everything you know you have got from your parents and teachers. What makes this any different? Also I do check everything that they say matches up with what is in the Bible. I've heard many things that really don't match up.

How did Noah know which animals were declared clean and not clean by Moses hundreds of years later. God didn't tell him.
Well, why did God give Moses a list of which animals were clean and not clean. The best explanation I've heard of is that that rule was in place so that the Israelites would remember God whenever they ate. Remembering God was not so much of a problem to Moses, so he didn't need the clean and unclean list.
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
bulproof
Posts: 25,241
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:50:51 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/28/2016 1:32:39 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
Good question little one, but it should be how did the keep dinosaurs OFF the silly boat that wouldn't float.

I was more mocking the fact that they thought Humans and Dinosaurs co-existed.

Provide just one passage from the bible that demonstrates god's love.

It's as if the Bible was written to answer that question...
"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." - Romans 5:8

hahahahahahaha sorry didn't read it but
hahahahahhahahaha He didn't even read it, but because it comes from a 14-year-old, it must be so much of a complete load of rubbish that he can go ahead and swear at it!

Child you have nothing with which to argue, you only have your parent's and preacher's indoctrination. That is meaningless.
Sorry, do you not listen to your teachers at school when they tell you that Gravity is real? The vast majority of everything you know you have got from your parents and teachers. What makes this any different? Also I do check everything that they say matches up with what is in the Bible. I've heard many things that really don't match up.

How did Noah know which animals were declared clean and not clean by Moses hundreds of years later. God didn't tell him.
Well, why did God give Moses a list of which animals were clean and not clean. The best explanation I've heard of is that that rule was in place so that the Israelites would remember God whenever they ate. Remembering God was not so much of a problem to Moses, so he didn't need the clean and unclean list.

Yeah PIGS.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 5:02:19 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/28/2016 12:44:48 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 2/28/2016 7:09:10 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Put an orangutan, a goat, a feral cat, a wolf, a koala bear and a rabbit in cages. Put all cages in a bus. When you are done, throw some bees in there. Load up the bus with all the food and water you can. Park the bus somewhere where there is no external food or water for one year. After one year, you can exit bus but there is no vegetation or animal life other than the animals you brought. The only water around is salt water with the exception of accumulated rainwater. See how long you and the animals last.

Food and water can be stored fairly easily and insects and seeds could easily survive on floating beds of vegetation.

I realize people claim that food and water were stored. Have you done the calculations as to how much would have to be stored to survive for a year? I made the example of a few animals and a bus. While a bus is smaller than the purported size of the Ark, there are far less animals in my example so the scale is similar.

I have some experience in botany and I can tell you that most species of seeds will not survive exposed to water. They will rot pretty quickly. Floating on top of something wouldn't work because it was raining for 40 days straight.

According to Genesis, Noah and the animals were on the ark for one year.

Not only would all the animals not on the ark die, all vegetation would have died from being submerged for over a month. Submerge seeds in water for a month and see how well they germinate as almost all species of seeds would be completely rotted.

Not all seeds would be submerged and from observation we see how quickly plants can grow once on land again.

If you say the bible should not be taken literally, you are conceding that the bible contains errors. If it contains errors, it is not perfect and therefore cannot be written by a perfect god.

Very few take the whole Bible literally, there is poetry as in psalms, there is history as in Kings etc. Most scholars agree that a straightforward reading of Genesis indicates that it is meant to be taken literally when one considers the context and other factors.

If a perfect God wrote a book, that book would be perfect.

All things considered it is perfect, many of the claims otherwise, though they appear legitimate, have been refuted.

By the way, the koalas only eat Eucalyptus leaves and you have to figure out how to get them to Australia on foot.

They likely got there before continental drift left the world as it is now. Observation of current tectonic activity can happen fairly quickly.

Really? Australia is about 7400 km away from the Asian continent. Biblical estimates of the flood say it happened about 4300 years ago. That means the continents would have to drift apart almost 2 km a year.

Current plate movements are drifting apart about 2 cm a year. In 4000 years, they wouldn't have even drifted apart 1 full km.
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 5:11:30 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/28/2016 12:46:06 PM, VirBinarus wrote:

Don't ya just love it when the little atheists refuse God's existence just because science hasn't explained some of the stories yet. :p

This is what that sentence sounds like to an atheist:

Scientologist says, "Don't ya just love it when the little non-Scientologists refuse the existence of the evil overlord Xenu just because science hasn't explained it yet?"
12_13
Posts: 1,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 7:07:49 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/28/2016 7:09:10 AM, matt8800 wrote:
If a perfect God wrote a book, that book would be perfect.

I don"t think God wrote the Bible. If you actually read the Book, you could notice that, for example Luke says he wrote his Gospel, not God. However, I think Bible is amazingly good and therefore God must have guided the writers.

If we take just what the Bible tells and don"t as own misunderstandings and idiotic ideas, there is no problems. For example the Arks story, if you twist it to fit in to your agenda, then it is probably not going to work. After all, it would be just only your baseless imagination. Bible itself doesn"t say anything that could not be possible, we just don"t know all and not necessary how it all went in detail.
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 7:15:20 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/28/2016 7:07:49 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 2/28/2016 7:09:10 AM, matt8800 wrote:
If a perfect God wrote a book, that book would be perfect.

I don"t think God wrote the Bible. If you actually read the Book, you could notice that, for example Luke says he wrote his Gospel, not God. However, I think Bible is amazingly good and therefore God must have guided the writers.

If we take just what the Bible tells and don"t as own misunderstandings and idiotic ideas, there is no problems. For example the Arks story, if you twist it to fit in to your agenda, then it is probably not going to work. After all, it would be just only your baseless imagination. Bible itself doesn"t say anything that could not be possible, we just don"t know all and not necessary how it all went in detail.

The bible, like most religious texts, has some helpful content. It also has some very destructive content. The problem is that many people don't know the difference and I think it is damaging to critical thought to believe things without evidence.

I'm not trying to twist anything to any agenda. I'm simply saying that one should not take too seriously a book that claims fairy tales are true.

There are no details that could be missing that would make the Ark story reasonable.
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,866
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 7:32:51 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/28/2016 8:11:14 AM, VirBinarus wrote:
Put an orangutan, a goat, a feral cat, a wolf, a koala bear and a rabbit in cages.
Who said they were caged?

Put all cages in a bus.
It was an absolutely massive boat, not a bus....
https://cdn-assets.answersingenesis.org...

When you are done, throw some bees in there.
From the story of Daniel in the Lion's den, we know that it is well inside God's capacity to tame bees.

Load up the bus with all the food and water you can. Park the bus somewhere where there is no external food or water for one year.
There would have been room to store food, and Noah was instructed to bring extra of the edible animals. And also, God was there.
And fresh water floats on top of salt water. Not to mention water columns forming.
After one year, you can exit bus but there is no vegetation or animal life other than the animals you brought.
The maximum amount of time the plants would be submerged would be just over 9 months. And there are many types of seed that could survive being submerged for that long, and also in some cases it would help the germination.
Not to mention seed pods that float.
The only water around is salt water with the exception of accumulated rainwater. See how long you and the animals last.
1. Covering the whole world in water is bound to reduce the concentration of salt
2. They had 40 days of rainwater to collect
3. Again, they had God.
This is completely untrue in regards to there only being salt water. As stated above, fresh water floats on top of salt.
According to Genesis, Noah and the animals were on the ark for one year.

Not only would all the animals not on the ark die, all vegetation would have died from being submerged for over a month. Submerge seeds in water for a month and see how well they germinate as almost all species of seeds would be completely rotted.
Some seeds could well have survived.
And since God sent the animals to the ark, it follows God could have easily changed their metabolism and made it slower allowing them to survive on little food if any at all.
If you say the bible should not be taken literally, you are conceding that the bible contains errors. If it contains errors, it is not perfect and therefore cannot be written by a perfect god.
Straw man, as are his premises
If a perfect God wrote a book, that book would be perfect.
I agree. The Bible should be read as it was meant to be read, so while 5000 may not mean exactly 5000, it was probably close.
Perfect God can display imperfection. This is simply a Non sequiturd. It also assumes God wanted something to be perfect. He can't prove Gods intentions.

By the way, the koalas only eat Eucalyptus leaves and you have to figure out how to get them to Australia on foot.
something similar to this:
https://upload.wikimedia.org...
skipsaweirdo
Posts: 1,866
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 7:36:22 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/28/2016 7:15:20 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 2/28/2016 7:07:49 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 2/28/2016 7:09:10 AM, matt8800 wrote:
If a perfect God wrote a book, that book would be perfect.

I don"t think God wrote the Bible. If you actually read the Book, you could notice that, for example Luke says he wrote his Gospel, not God. However, I think Bible is amazingly good and therefore God must have guided the writers.

If we take just what the Bible tells and don"t as own misunderstandings and idiotic ideas, there is no problems. For example the Arks story, if you twist it to fit in to your agenda, then it is probably not going to work. After all, it would be just only your baseless imagination. Bible itself doesn"t say anything that could not be possible, we just don"t know all and not necessary how it all went in detail.

The bible, like most religious texts, has some helpful content. It also has some very destructive content. The problem is that many people don't know the difference and I think it is damaging to critical thought to believe things without evidence.
"Damaging to critical thought to believe things without evidence". Please provide the evidence you have that proves this. If you don't have any , you've merely defeated your own claim. Hint, you don't have any,
I'm not trying to twist anything to any agenda. I'm simply saying that one should not take too seriously a book that claims fairy tales are true.

There are no details that could be missing that would make the Ark story reasonable.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 7:37:57 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/28/2016 7:07:49 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 2/28/2016 7:09:10 AM, matt8800 wrote:
If a perfect God wrote a book, that book would be perfect.

I don"t think God wrote the Bible. If you actually read the Book, you could notice that, for example Luke says he wrote his Gospel, not God. However, I think Bible is amazingly good and therefore God must have guided the writers.

I can think of dozens of books that are far better read than the Bible. Maybe you need to expand your horizons.

If we take just what the Bible tells and don"t as own misunderstandings and idiotic ideas, there is no problems. For example the Arks story, if you twist it to fit in to your agenda, then it is probably not going to work. After all, it would be just only your baseless imagination. Bible itself doesn"t say anything that could not be possible, we just don"t know all and not necessary how it all went in detail.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Chloe8
Posts: 2,614
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 7:48:16 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/28/2016 7:09:10 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Put an orangutan, a goat, a feral cat, a wolf, a koala bear and a rabbit in cages. Put all cages in a bus. When you are done, throw some bees in there. Load up the bus with all the food and water you can. Park the bus somewhere where there is no external food or water for one year. After one year, you can exit bus but there is no vegetation or animal life other than the animals you brought. The only water around is salt water with the exception of accumulated rainwater. See how long you and the animals last.

According to Genesis, Noah and the animals were on the ark for one year.

Not only would all the animals not on the ark die, all vegetation would have died from being submerged for over a month. Submerge seeds in water for a month and see how well they germinate as almost all species of seeds would be completely rotted.

If you say the bible should not be taken literally, you are conceding that the bible contains errors. If it contains errors, it is not perfect and therefore cannot be written by a perfect god.

If a perfect God wrote a book, that book would be perfect.

By the way, the koalas only eat Eucalyptus leaves and you have to figure out how to get them to Australia on foot.

Yes you have highlighted exactly how ludicrous the claims of Noah and his ark are. It amazes me how people actually believe that myth. It's only possible through mythical intervention from God to prevent the animals from fighting, to feed them and to create and take them back to their natural habitats. Yet this is not mentioned in the bible proving it is inaccurate and wrong.
"I don't need experience.to knock you out. I'm a man. that's all I need to beat you and any woman."

Fatihah, in his delusion that he could knock out any woman while bragging about being able to knock me out. An example of 7th century Islamic thinking inspired by his hero the paedophile Muhammad.
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 8:12:50 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/28/2016 7:48:16 PM, Chloe8 wrote:
At 2/28/2016 7:09:10 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Put an orangutan, a goat, a feral cat, a wolf, a koala bear and a rabbit in cages. Put all cages in a bus. When you are done, throw some bees in there. Load up the bus with all the food and water you can. Park the bus somewhere where there is no external food or water for one year. After one year, you can exit bus but there is no vegetation or animal life other than the animals you brought. The only water around is salt water with the exception of accumulated rainwater. See how long you and the animals last.

According to Genesis, Noah and the animals were on the ark for one year.

Not only would all the animals not on the ark die, all vegetation would have died from being submerged for over a month. Submerge seeds in water for a month and see how well they germinate as almost all species of seeds would be completely rotted.

If you say the bible should not be taken literally, you are conceding that the bible contains errors. If it contains errors, it is not perfect and therefore cannot be written by a perfect god.

If a perfect God wrote a book, that book would be perfect.

By the way, the koalas only eat Eucalyptus leaves and you have to figure out how to get them to Australia on foot.

Yes you have highlighted exactly how ludicrous the claims of Noah and his ark are. It amazes me how people actually believe that myth. It's only possible through mythical intervention from God to prevent the animals from fighting, to feed them and to create and take them back to their natural habitats. Yet this is not mentioned in the bible proving it is inaccurate and wrong.

Yeah, not to mention the day to day logistics like cleaning out the waste in the cages of hungry lions, bears, etc without getting mauled., the daily feeding and watering of thousands of animals, where do they get collect fresh water for that year, etc.

What is Creationists' answer? Magic!
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 8:19:35 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/28/2016 7:09:10 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Put an orangutan, a goat, a feral cat, a wolf, a koala bear and a rabbit in cages. Put all cages in a bus. When you are done, throw some bees in there. Load up the bus with all the food and water you can. Park the bus somewhere where there is no external food or water for one year. After one year, you can exit bus but there is no vegetation or animal life other than the animals you brought. The only water around is salt water with the exception of accumulated rainwater. See how long you and the animals last.

According to Genesis, Noah and the animals were on the ark for one year.

Not only would all the animals not on the ark die, all vegetation would have died from being submerged for over a month. Submerge seeds in water for a month and see how well they germinate as almost all species of seeds would be completely rotted.

If you say the bible should not be taken literally, you are conceding that the bible contains errors. If it contains errors, it is not perfect and therefore cannot be written by a perfect god.

It could have been a local flood. The author may have been using hyperbole. Just because a piece of writing isn't meant to be taken literally, doesn't mean it contains error. It simply means the reader is not reading it correctly.


If a perfect God wrote a book, that book would be perfect.


Or God could allow His word to be communicated with human authors using their own words.

By the way, the koalas only eat Eucalyptus leaves and you have to figure out how to get them to Australia on foot.

Again, maybe it was local to the region of the Middle East.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax
matt8800
Posts: 2,077
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 8:28:38 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/28/2016 8:19:35 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/28/2016 7:09:10 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Put an orangutan, a goat, a feral cat, a wolf, a koala bear and a rabbit in cages. Put all cages in a bus. When you are done, throw some bees in there. Load up the bus with all the food and water you can. Park the bus somewhere where there is no external food or water for one year. After one year, you can exit bus but there is no vegetation or animal life other than the animals you brought. The only water around is salt water with the exception of accumulated rainwater. See how long you and the animals last.

According to Genesis, Noah and the animals were on the ark for one year.

Not only would all the animals not on the ark die, all vegetation would have died from being submerged for over a month. Submerge seeds in water for a month and see how well they germinate as almost all species of seeds would be completely rotted.

If you say the bible should not be taken literally, you are conceding that the bible contains errors. If it contains errors, it is not perfect and therefore cannot be written by a perfect god.

It could have been a local flood. The author may have been using hyperbole. Just because a piece of writing isn't meant to be taken literally, doesn't mean it contains error. It simply means the reader is not reading it correctly.

Genesis 7:4 "Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made."

Genesis 7:18-19 "The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered."

Am I missing something?

And what would the point of building an ark for a local flood? All the animals elsewhere would live and all they would have to do is go for a hike to get out of the flood area.


If a perfect God wrote a book, that book would be perfect.


Or God could allow His word to be communicated with human authors using their own words.

By the way, the koalas only eat Eucalyptus leaves and you have to figure out how to get them to Australia on foot.


Again, maybe it was local to the region of the Middle East.

Come on....why not admit, at least to yourself, this doesn't make a lick of sense.
DanMGTOW
Posts: 1,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 8:29:00 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/28/2016 12:44:48 PM, rnjs wrote:
At 2/28/2016 7:09:10 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Put an orangutan, a goat, a feral cat, a wolf, a koala bear and a rabbit in cages. Put all cages in a bus. When you are done, throw some bees in there. Load up the bus with all the food and water you can. Park the bus somewhere where there is no external food or water for one year. After one year, you can exit bus but there is no vegetation or animal life other than the animals you brought. The only water around is salt water with the exception of accumulated rainwater. See how long you and the animals last.

Food and water can be stored fairly easily and insects and seeds could easily survive on floating beds of vegetation.

According to Genesis, Noah and the animals were on the ark for one year.

Not only would all the animals not on the ark die, all vegetation would have died from being submerged for over a month. Submerge seeds in water for a month and see how well they germinate as almost all species of seeds would be completely rotted.

Not all seeds would be submerged and from observation we see how quickly plants can grow once on land again.

If you say the bible should not be taken literally, you are conceding that the bible contains errors. If it contains errors, it is not perfect and therefore cannot be written by a perfect god.

Very few take the whole Bible literally, there is poetry as in psalms, there is history as in Kings etc. Most scholars agree that a straightforward reading of Genesis indicates that it is meant to be taken literally when one considers the context and other factors.

If a perfect God wrote a book, that book would be perfect.

All things considered it is perfect, many of the claims otherwise, though they appear legitimate, have been refuted.

By the way, the koalas only eat Eucalyptus leaves and you have to figure out how to get them to Australia on foot.

They likely got there before continental drift left the world as it is now. Observation of current tectonic activity can happen fairly quickly.

so you are claiming that noah's flood was over before the continents began move apart? do you have any evidence of that (other than your book of mythology)?
dsjpk5
Posts: 3,007
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 8:35:32 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
At 2/28/2016 8:28:38 PM, matt8800 wrote:
At 2/28/2016 8:19:35 PM, dsjpk5 wrote:
At 2/28/2016 7:09:10 AM, matt8800 wrote:
Put an orangutan, a goat, a feral cat, a wolf, a koala bear and a rabbit in cages. Put all cages in a bus. When you are done, throw some bees in there. Load up the bus with all the food and water you can. Park the bus somewhere where there is no external food or water for one year. After one year, you can exit bus but there is no vegetation or animal life other than the animals you brought. The only water around is salt water with the exception of accumulated rainwater. See how long you and the animals last.

According to Genesis, Noah and the animals were on the ark for one year.

Not only would all the animals not on the ark die, all vegetation would have died from being submerged for over a month. Submerge seeds in water for a month and see how well they germinate as almost all species of seeds would be completely rotted.

If you say the bible should not be taken literally, you are conceding that the bible contains errors. If it contains errors, it is not perfect and therefore cannot be written by a perfect god.

It could have been a local flood. The author may have been using hyperbole. Just because a piece of writing isn't meant to be taken literally, doesn't mean it contains error. It simply means the reader is not reading it correctly.

Genesis 7:4 "Seven days from now I will send rain on the earth for forty days and forty nights, and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made."

Genesis 7:18-19 "The waters rose and increased greatly on the earth, and the ark floated on the surface of the water. They rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered."

Am I missing something?

Assuming the author was using hyperbole, yes, you missed something-hyperbole.

And what would the point of building an ark for a local flood? All the animals elsewhere would live and all they would have to do is go for a hike to get out of the flood area.

Depending on how big it was, the animals leaving may not have been possible.


If a perfect God wrote a book, that book would be perfect.


Or God could allow His word to be communicated with human authors using their own words.

By the way, the koalas only eat Eucalyptus leaves and you have to figure out how to get them to Australia on foot.


Again, maybe it was local to the region of the Middle East.

Come on....why not admit, at least to yourself, this doesn't make a lick of sense.
If that was the only issue, then vote moderation could be avoided more often, since a vote in which the voter does explain sufficiently how at least one point a debater made swung their vote, would be considered sufficient. -Airmax