Jump to topic:

The "we must reproduce" argument

Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 12:51:39 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
This is an argument often done against homosexuality. That the non-reproductivity of the orientation per se makes homosexuality wrong. It seems that humans reproducing is an intrinsic value, but I also see people combining this argument with an appeal to nature, that "it is against nature" just because it isn't a sex act possibly resulting in reproduction. I have two questions about this:

1. Would religious people really genuinely care whether humans still would exist in 233 891 195 AD or not? I can't see any reason why anyone would care about their descending generations more than those generations they will meet while being alive. Is it such an intrinsic value that humans should exist forever, or is this actually just a nobility argument used to bash homosexuals?

2. Why do I never see the same kind of people condemning heterosexuals and asexuals who see no point in having chilren? This takes us back to my theory: that "we must reproduce" is nothing but a fake noble argument to bash homosexuals with. In the same way some people use "we have limited resources on Earth" to bash obese people with.
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 12:56:26 PM
Addition: The argument I showed for bashing obese people with had nothing to do with religious people. That is done by everyone I guess.
VirBinarus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 12:59:35 PM
Interesting argument, most Christians that struggle with same-sex attraction that I've heard of decide to stay single, making the "We must reproduce" argument not hold up that well with most Christians.
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:08:11 PM
At 2/28/2016 12:51:39 PM, Jovian wrote:
This is an argument often done against homosexuality. That the non-reproductivity of the orientation per se makes homosexuality wrong. It seems that humans reproducing is an intrinsic value, but I also see people combining this argument with an appeal to nature, that "it is against nature" just because it isn't a sex act possibly resulting in reproduction. I have two questions about this

I have one question about this -
Is a prick supposed to penetrate the sh!thole?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:15:16 PM
At 2/28/2016 12:59:35 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
Interesting argument, most Christians that struggle with same-sex attraction that I've heard of decide to stay single, making the "We must reproduce" argument not hold up that well with most Christians.
And wow as a 14yr old you must know a lot about same sex relationships. Perhaps when you have some life experience you might actually have a comment worth expressing.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:16:37 PM
At 2/28/2016 1:08:11 PM, TREssspa wrote:
This is an argument often done against homosexuality. That the non-reproductivity of the orientation per se makes homosexuality wrong. It seems that humans reproducing is an intrinsic value, but I also see people combining this argument with an appeal to nature, that "it is against nature" just because it isn't a sex act possibly resulting in reproduction. I have two questions about this

Only in the religion of hinduism, that's why you guys come out BROWN.
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:17:24 PM

Depends on what you mean with supposed. Supposed to reproduce? Supposed to have fun? Who will decide the rules?

There are several ways you can use things in. Coca Cola for example was invented as a medicine, then it became a drink, nowadays people have found out how the drink is excellent for cleaning the toilet bowl's inside with.

Another religious argument would be: horses. Horses must have been made for transport, huh? So why do people use them for dressage, jumping and jousting? Should we forbid equestrian sports now too?
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:18:33 PM

A truly spiritual question, Hari.
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:18:45 PM
At 2/28/2016 1:15:16 PM, bulproof wrote:
And wow as a 14yr old you must know a lot about same sex relationships. Perhaps when you have some life experience you might actually have a comment worth expressing.

Calm down, VirBinarus didn't do any kind of condemning of homosexuals.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:25:33 PM

There are a lot of women who would say yes to that, you can even get some tips from them...

http://www.cosmopolitan.com...
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:25:37 PM
At 2/28/2016 1:18:33 PM, desmac wrote:

Why do you call me Hari?
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:26:34 PM
At 2/28/2016 1:25:33 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Is a prick supposed to penetrate the sh!thole

There are a lot of women who would say yes to that, you can even get some tips from them...

Eeewwwwwww!

desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:26:55 PM
At 2/28/2016 1:25:37 PM, TREssspa wrote:
At 2/28/2016 1:18:33 PM, desmac wrote:

Why do you call me Hari?

Why not?
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:35:12 PM
At 2/28/2016 1:18:45 PM, Jovian wrote:

Sorry Jov but I was relating his comments to gay relationships, something that as a 14yr old he is completely unaware of.
most Christians that struggle with same-sex attraction that I've heard of decide to stay single
Is proof that he doesn't understand same sex relationships because he is so young and unaware.
VirBinarus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:38:43 PM
Sorry Jov but I was relating his comments to gay relationships, something that as a 14yr old he is completely unaware of.
most Christians that struggle with same-sex attraction that I've heard of decide to stay single
Is proof that he doesn't understand same sex relationships because he is so young and unaware.
How?
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:38:46 PM
At 2/28/2016 1:35:12 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/28/2016 1:18:45 PM, Jovian wrote:

He meant Christians struggling with society's tolerance of homosexuals. Not homosexuals struggling with their own relationships.
VirBinarus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:39:35 PM
He meant Christians struggling with society's tolerance of homosexuals. Not homosexuals struggling with their own relationships.

No, I did mean the latter.
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:40:17 PM
At 2/28/2016 1:25:33 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

There is no exposed and vulnerable minority easy to disparage in heterosexual anal sex performers, hence the absence of persecution against them.
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:42:41 PM
At 2/28/2016 1:16:37 PM, bulproof wrote:

Now don't tell me your mother gets her anus whitewashed regularly.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:46:04 PM
At 2/28/2016 1:42:41 PM, TREssspa wrote:

I love it when they come back with.
I know I am what are you.
They've all failed playground in kindie.
Deb-8-A-Bull
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:57:28 PM
This homosexual talk is one of them questions the Christians don't like to talk about, for fear of upsetting god, I'm sure they could not care less about gays . I bet they also wonder why their god makes them not like them.
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:57:42 PM
At 2/28/2016 1:46:04 PM, bulproof wrote:

Didn't your mother tell you who I am? All that work I did on her ass_ .. No?

Ok. I'll give you a hint.

Her butts_ have my has my signature on them!
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 2:02:11 PM
At 2/28/2016 1:57:42 PM, TREssspa wrote:

Your Replies become more spiritual by the minute, Hari.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 2:03:58 PM

Apparently all the brown babies always behave like you.
How's your spade you necrophiliac?
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 2:21:04 PM
At 2/28/2016 2:02:11 PM, desmac wrote:

Tell your son Bullproof to shut up! By now, everybody knows why you call me Hari.
TREssspa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 2:26:50 PM
At 2/28/2016 2:03:58 PM, bulproof wrote:

Apparently all the brown babies always behave like you.
How's your spade you necrophiliac?

So, you have seen that Signature. Sorry but it was Mike not I. He is such a butt'n beach guy. That's why he is brown.

By the way, back in that day your mom was a cool chick.
VirBinarus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 2:47:51 PM
At 2/28/2016 1:57:28 PM, Deb-8-A-Bull wrote:
This homosexual talk is one of them questions the Christians don't like to talk about, for fear of upsetting god,
I would say it's more about fear of society, this society is so quickly changing from an anti-Homosexual to an anti-Homophobic view. Christians don't want to shout about it that much, because then that will be used against Christianity saying that it is not up-to-date in 2015 when homosexuality is fine.

I'm sure they could not care less about gays .
C'mon, they're people. And honestly in my opinion, the best thing the church could do to the same-sex attracted, is not redefine marriage to fit it. I'm absoultely sure that if my church hadn't made so much of a fuss about same-sex marriage, 7 years from now, I'd be in a homosexual relationship.

I bet they also wonder why their god makes them not like them.
The people are fine. One of the last things Jesus did before he died was say that a murderer, who was dying next to him, would go to heaven, because he turned his back on murder. In the same way, the Christian goal is to be nice to homosexuals, and try to show them how them having a relationship with the same sex means that they cannot have a relationship with God. And I am so glad that my life is going to be in a relationship with god as opposed to men. Eternal life sounds so much better to me than a homosexual relationship.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 2:51:32 PM
At 2/28/2016 2:21:04 PM, TREssspa wrote:
At 2/28/2016 2:02:11 PM, desmac wrote:

Tell your son Bullproof to shut up! By now, everybody knows why you call me Hari.
hahahahahahaha