Jump to topic:

Aren't equestrian sports sins?

Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 1:49:11 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
It might sound weird, but in a certain way of seeing it, they could be.

In the "natural law", all things have natures, which humans aren't to violate. God must have created horses for us transporting with them. So is it really in order with Christianity to use horses to flaunt with them instead, like in dressage, jumping and jousting? There is also no kind of noble intrinsic value in sports, more than self-gratification, hence making them less excusable.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 4:35:00 AM
At 2/28/2016 8:15:02 PM, Jovian wrote:
No one?
Hey Jov ya gotta get me a ticket to one of these equestrian events that has jousting, I could go for that. woohoo. LOL
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 8:20:23 AM
At 2/29/2016 4:35:00 AM, bulproof wrote:
No one?
Hey Jov ya gotta get me a ticket to one of these equestrian events that has jousting, I could go for that. woohoo. LOL

Sorry bul that would be a highway to hell. On a horseback. I want to go to heaven because I want to live in a boring place full of robots worshipping God.
VirBinarus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2016 8:27:01 AM
At 2/29/2016 8:20:23 AM, Jovian wrote:
No one?

Sorry bul that would be a highway to hell. On a horseback. I want to go to heaven because I want to live in a boring place full of robots worshipping God.

Heaven is a place where there is an unending relationship with God. Relationship not mindless worship. It's a remake of the world, but without suffering. It's exactly the kind of thing atheists say should have been done with this world, but then they are happy to pass it off as boring.

And, if God doesn't say not to race horses, then it's by definition not a sin. A "sin" is disobeying God's law. But even if it is a sin, Jesus is still open to horse-riders, just as he was that dying murder who was on the cross next to him.
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 9:05:15 PM
At 2/29/2016 8:27:01 AM, VirBinarus wrote:
No one?

Heaven is a place where there is an unending relationship with God. Relationship not mindless worship. It's a remake of the world, but without suffering. It's exactly the kind of thing atheists say should have been done with this world, but then they are happy to pass it off as boring.

And, if God doesn't say not to race horses, then it's by definition not a sin. A "sin" is disobeying God's law. But even if it is a sin, Jesus is still open to horse-riders, just as he was that dying murder who was on the cross next to him.

Then people should just stop talking about this "natural law" if they don't mean it.
VirBinarus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 9:09:12 PM
At 3/1/2016 9:05:15 PM, Jovian wrote:
No one?

Then people should just stop talking about this "natural law" if they don't mean it.

I agree, The "natural law" arguments are just ways of saying "It's not right because, well I can't come up with a reason, but I'm sure it's wrong anyway."

As I must have quoted many times:

Colossians 2:8 -
"See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ."
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 1:59:28 AM
No one?

So it's just like here except no free will. I'm sure the women will be glad to know about the pain of childbirth in heaven.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
VirBinarus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 7:18:04 AM
At 3/2/2016 1:59:28 AM, bulproof wrote:
No one?

So it's just like here except no free will. I'm sure the women will be glad to know about the pain of childbirth in heaven.

Matthew 22:30
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 5:06:56 PM
No one?

Sports teach you how to lose gracefully, how to strive for exellence, teanwork, hard work, determination, how to dig deep when the chips are down, how to not give up....

Plus the horse likes when beasteality supporting Atheists ride them, or so bulproof says...
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

http://youtu.be...
Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 5:11:55 PM
At 3/2/2016 5:06:56 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
No one?

Sports teach you how to lose gracefully, how to strive for exellence, teanwork, hard work, determination, how to dig deep when the chips are down, how to not give up....

You don't need a sport to learn these. Even if you would need, there are tons of other sports than equestrian ones.

Plus the horse likes when beasteality supporting Atheists ride them, or so bulproof says...

That's strange of you to claim they would. And you don't need a religion to see why beastiality is wrong.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 5:18:31 PM
At 3/2/2016 5:11:55 PM, Jovian wrote:
No one?

You don't need a sport to learn these. Even if you would need, there are tons of other sports than equestrian ones.

That's strange of you to claim they would. And you don't need a religion to see why beastiality is wrong.

Is beastiality wrong? Based on what? What if the perpatrater of the beastiality was "born that way"?
"What Donald Trump is doing is representing the absolute heartbreak, and anger, and frustration at a government gone mad."

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 5:20:42 PM
No one?

Bulproof likes horses. He was "born that way"."Not that there's anything wrong with that....(slithers away with a smirk)

Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 5:25:46 PM
At 3/2/2016 5:18:31 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
No one?

Is beastiality wrong? Based on what?

The low intelligence of all animals which make them impossible to truly consent. Checkmate.

What if the perpatrater of the beastiality was "born that way"?

Would condone the practice as much as it would condone for someone with inherent anger management problems to smash up things. Zero, that is.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 5:29:06 PM
At 3/2/2016 5:25:46 PM, Jovian wrote:
No one?

The low intelligence of all animals which make them impossible to truly consent. Checkmate.

Would condone the practice as much as it would condone for someone with inherent anger management problems to smash up things. Zero, that is.

What if the horse continues nodfing in a "yes" gesture?

What if you are smashing up nucleur weapons to rid the world of them?

Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 5:34:31 PM
At 3/2/2016 5:29:06 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
No one?

I said truly consent. Humans and animals who are not included in the consent laws could of course seemingly consent after being fooled, but regarding their low intelligence, it would be an abuse against an unknowing.

Looks like you don't need a religion to oppose this after all?

That would be legitimate warfare.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 5:37:06 PM
At 3/2/2016 5:34:31 PM, Jovian wrote:
No one?

I said truly consent. Humans and animals who are not included in the consent laws could of course seemingly consent after being fooled, but regarding their low intelligence, it would be an abuse against an unknowing.

You cannot prove bulproof is smarter than the horse. Maybe the horse should be getting bull's consent.

Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 5:42:26 PM
At 3/2/2016 5:37:06 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
No one?

You cannot prove bulproof is smarter than the horse.

Your concession is noted, and I can't see what bulproof has to do with all this.

Maybe the horse should be getting bull's consent.

Human laws are not conducted between animals. Only on human vs human and human vs animal. You don't see many dogs going to prison for threatening other dogs now do you.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 5:51:06 PM
At 3/2/2016 5:42:26 PM, Jovian wrote:
No one?

Your concession is noted, and I can't see what bulproof has to do with all this.

Human laws are not conducted between animals. Only on human vs human and human vs animal. You don't see many dogs going to prison for threatening other dogs now do you.

Yep. They go to the pound. If they kill a baby they get put down.

Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 5:52:52 PM
At 3/2/2016 5:51:06 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
No one?

Yes in order to spare other human lives.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 5:56:20 PM
At 3/2/2016 5:52:52 PM, Jovian wrote:
No one?

If humans are simply evolved chimps, why can't a human hook up with the chimp morally?

Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 6:02:02 PM
At 3/2/2016 5:56:20 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
No one?

If humans are simply evolved chimps, why can't a human hook up with the chimp morally?

1. Humans are not evolved chimpanzees. Chimpanzees are the cousins of humanity.
2. They are not intelligent enough to consent. This rule is also applied on humans with mental disordes such as Down's syndrome (even though there is a big difference on disordered humans and chimps though, but same reason).
desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 6:02:59 PM
No one?

You appear to have a very unhealthy interest in bestiality, worm.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 6:05:54 PM
At 3/2/2016 6:02:02 PM, Jovian wrote:
No one?

2. They are not intelligent enough to consent. This rule is also applied on humans with mental disordes such as Down's syndrome (even though there is a big difference on disordered humans and chimps though, but same reason).

So it is immoral to hook up with a chimp even though we "have a common ancester"?

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 6:07:36 PM
At 3/2/2016 6:02:59 PM, desmac wrote:
No one?

You entered the zone and read the posts. Now monkeys and beastiality is on your hands too desmac. Now go wash up.

Jovian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 6:09:20 PM
At 3/2/2016 6:05:54 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
No one?

So it is immoral to hook up with a chimp even though we "have a common ancester"?

Why would a common ancestor mean that you are allowed to do such a thing on someone with a low intelligence?
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 6:09:48 PM
No one?

There is no god right desmac? So who says it's unhealthy? Who says it's wrong? What defines morality if we are simply dna replicaters in a pointless, meaningless world?

desmac
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 6:10:48 PM
At 3/2/2016 6:07:36 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
No one?

You entered the zone and read the posts. Now monkeys and beastiality is on your hands too desmac. Now go wash up.

No matter how much filth you spread worm, this is the internet. Your nasty little habits remain thousands of miles away.
brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 6:12:36 PM
At 3/2/2016 6:09:20 PM, Jovian wrote:
At 3/2/2016 6:05:54 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
No one?

Why would a common ancestor mean that you are allowed to do such a thing on someone with a low intelligence?

What if the human and the chimp are of equal intelligence? And if mating when unintelligent is wrong why do we continue to let animalse breed and rape each other?

brontoraptor
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2016 6:15:50 PM
At 3/2/2016 6:10:48 PM, desmac wrote:
At 3/2/2016 6:07:36 PM, brontoraptor wrote:
No one?

No matter how much filth you spread worm, this is the internet. Your nasty little habits remain thousands of miles away.

I have no beastiality habbits. I just have not gotten a satisfactory answer as to why beastiality is wrong if we are just animals in a meaningless world?