Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

Madman translate Gen 1:14

bulproof
Posts: 30,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 2:49:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The madman claims that gen 1:14 is mistranslated in every bible on the planet.
What I am requesting is that he translates it accurately.
When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the red queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head
VirBinarus
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 2:53:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Genesis 1 is Poetry, not a Physics textbook, or a history book.
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
bulproof
Posts: 30,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 2:55:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/28/2016 2:53:28 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
Genesis 1 is Poetry, not a Physics textbook, or a history book.
The bible is a book of fairytales.
When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the red queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head
Ragnar
Posts: 1,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 3:01:20 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/28/2016 2:55:31 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/28/2016 2:53:28 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
Genesis 1 is Poetry, not a Physics textbook, or a history book.
The bible is a book of fairytales.

Regardless of that, I would be interested to see the 'corrected' translation.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
VirBinarus
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 3:04:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/28/2016 3:01:20 PM, Ragnar wrote:
At 2/28/2016 2:55:31 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/28/2016 2:53:28 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
Genesis 1 is Poetry, not a Physics textbook, or a history book.
The bible is a book of fairytales.

Regardless of that, I would be interested to see the 'corrected' translation.

Well, there's always Google...
I found a 3 page document on it here :p
http://www.auss.info...
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11
bulproof
Posts: 30,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 3:59:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/28/2016 3:04:48 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
At 2/28/2016 3:01:20 PM, Ragnar wrote:
At 2/28/2016 2:55:31 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/28/2016 2:53:28 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
Genesis 1 is Poetry, not a Physics textbook, or a history book.
The bible is a book of fairytales.

Regardless of that, I would be interested to see the 'corrected' translation.

Well, there's always Google...
I found a 3 page document on it here :p
http://www.auss.info...
was it written by madman? off you go then.
When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the red queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head
Harikrish
Posts: 14,738
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 5:27:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/28/2016 3:04:48 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
At 2/28/2016 3:01:20 PM, Ragnar wrote:
At 2/28/2016 2:55:31 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/28/2016 2:53:28 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
Genesis 1 is Poetry, not a Physics textbook, or a history book.
The bible is a book of fairytales.

Regardless of that, I would be interested to see the 'corrected' translation.

Well, there's always Google...
I found a 3 page document on it here :p
http://www.auss.info...
The Jews were never good at convincing anyone about anything. Jesus is one good example...as a Jew he failed to convince his people he was their messiah. It took the Roman Catholic Church to make Jesus a universal messiah.
The Jews never contributed anything worthwhile to science, mathematics or human development in the ancient world. They were a divided tribal group less advanced than their neighbours such as Egyptians, Babylonians, Mesopotamia, India and China.
How could such a backward race of people know they were violating the laws of science
in their primitive understanding of the universe as written in their scriptures.
The Jews relied on prophesies and divine intervention as a short cut to actually developing knowledge. It did not serve them well. They didn't even know of the birth of their messiah Jesus. They had to learn it from Magi's who came from distant lands to pay tribute to Jesus.
They even ended up rejecting their messiah despite numerous prophesies and miracles performed by Jesus.
Genesis 1: 15 and let them be lights in the dome of the sky to give light upon the earth."

And that was on the fourth day after all the plants and vegetation was created on the third day. Each day being a1000 years, the plants and vegetation survived without light for a 1000 years. Any wonder why Hitler was so dismissive of the Jews.

Just when you are convinced the Jews were very backward as a race and then ask yourself what about the Christians who accept all 66 books of the Bible as divinely inspired by God. They certainly outdid the Jews in the propagation of absurdity.
Dirty.Harry
Posts: 1,923
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2016 5:32:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/28/2016 2:55:31 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/28/2016 2:53:28 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
Genesis 1 is Poetry, not a Physics textbook, or a history book.
The bible is a book of fairytales.

Do you claim it contains no historically correct information whatsoever?

Harry.
bulproof
Posts: 30,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 2:42:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/28/2016 2:49:25 PM, bulproof wrote:
The madman claims that gen 1:14 is mistranslated in every bible on the planet.
What I am requesting is that he translates it accurately.
Still waiting mad.
When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the red queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head
bulproof
Posts: 30,213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 2:43:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/28/2016 5:32:52 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 2/28/2016 2:55:31 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/28/2016 2:53:28 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
Genesis 1 is Poetry, not a Physics textbook, or a history book.
The bible is a book of fairytales.

Do you claim it contains no historically correct information whatsoever?

Harry.
I think you've posted in the wrong thread.
When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the red queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 13,644
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 4:13:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 2/28/2016 5:32:52 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 2/28/2016 2:55:31 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 2/28/2016 2:53:28 PM, VirBinarus wrote:
Genesis 1 is Poetry, not a Physics textbook, or a history book.
The bible is a book of fairytales.

Do you claim it contains no historically correct information whatsoever?

You mean, for example, the fact there is no evidence whatsoever the town of Nazareth existed in the 1st century?

Harry.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
There would be peace if you obeyed us.~Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
VirBinarus
Posts: 323
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2016 4:49:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/1/2016 4:13:44 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
You mean, for example, the fact there is no evidence whatsoever the town of Nazareth existed in the 1st century?

1. There is some evidence, but not very much and it's not very strong.
2. Nazareth was a tiny town, and the words "Jesus of Nazareth" said that Jesus was from a tiny town of no more than 480 population, as opposed to Jesus of That wealthy city from where most kings come from.
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."
1 thessalonians, 5:11